AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 10:10   #7261

fLame

Registered User
 
fLame's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Milan
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
fLame, what bull$hit are you spewing?

...
First of all stop acting like a badass on the internet - in relation to me and other forum users.

Second, I was talking about European success. Try to take time in figuring out what the person has to say.
__________________
always rosso. always nero. always a rossonero.
fLame is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 10:11   #7262

Fret

Registered User
 
Fret's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
people, people........
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market"
Fret is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 10:12   #7263

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Anyhow, what is the latest on Luis, I mean are his teeth okay or any hair lost problems?
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 10:14   #7264

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fLame View Post
Like somebody else mentioned here, noone would care about domestic league if we kept being in the Champions League finals every two years.

And you are right, I was talking about Champions League success only.
TO be honest, people are only making CL more important over League in the past 5-8 yrs or so. As it does bring in huge revenues due to TV deals and such.
As far as I remember, when growing up in the late 80s and early 90s, winning the league is more important than winning in Europe.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 10:14   #7265

fLame

Registered User
 
fLame's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Milan
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Anyhow, what is the latest on Luis, I mean are his teeth okay or any hair lost problems?
Luis Fabiano didn't pass the medical because he can't fight! :O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Figkmz3Rs
__________________
always rosso. always nero. always a rossonero.
fLame is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 10:23   #7266

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Anyhow, what is the latest on Luis, I mean are his teeth okay or any hair lost problems?

This is the best!!!!!!!


As for the importance of the domestic league during the 80's and before, keep in mind that to play in the Champions cup you had to be champion domestically.

So the Champions Cup had more value.
Maltese Charlie is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 10:23   #7267

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Damn it, then his price must be 6 mil now.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 10:24   #7268

Ryo

Registered User
 
Ryo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Ryo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fLame View Post
First of all stop acting like a badass on the internet - in relation to me and other forum users.

Second, I was talking about European success. Try to take time in figuring out what the person has to say.
Firstly, don't assume you know everyone on this forum, nor our preferences and whatnot. You don't know crap about me.

I don't have a preference of European or Domestic success, but if you ask anyone on this forum, I highly doubt they would mind ONE OVER THE OTHER, so long as the club is successful.

Second, you're little post just gave you out to be even more childish than Rick. Yes, we would all hope to get into the CL final once every two years, most of us would even hope that we won all those times we got into the CL final. Yet everyone know how hard that is, and NO ONE expects us to be able to do that all the time. Basing a clubs success on just CL is as bad as arguments get. Manchester United Last season: Win the Club World Cup, Win the League, win a domestic cup, but fail to win the CL, does that make them unsuccessful? I think NOT. Yes, their achievements are overlooked by Barca's, that in no way makes them have any worse a season which they had.

Given the choice between winning a domestic league and getting into the CL but then losing to whoever the heck we're facing, I would rather chose the former. Your post makes you out to chose the complete opposite.

We didn't become the most successful club by just getting into finals. We had to win them first.

As such, your argument won't stand. I rest my case.
Ryo is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 10:24   #7269

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese Charlie View Post
This is the best!!!!!!!


As for the importance of the domestic league during the 80's and before, keep in mind that to play in the Champions cup you had to be champion domestically.

So the Champions Cup had more value.
That would explain why winning the league actually means something
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 10:31   #7270

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
Rick, once again, I swear if you were actually within my vicinity, I would hunt you down and strangle you.
Well, at least you'd put me out of the misery of listening to all the prophets of doom.

Quote:
1.) The problem wasn't there BEFORE because it was ONLY JUST THAT, a FEW YEAR PERIOD. When that period continues to grow THATS WHEN PEOPLE START SEEING THINGS DIFFERENT. If you don't see that, then either you're immortal, or just idiotic. Time changes everything, you don't stop growing if you suddenly want to. People who were patient with the clubs lack of silverware will just KEEP GETTING MORE IMPATIENT.
But the club hasn't lacked silverware. Milan won the Champions League only two years ago. Two years and suddenly you're so impatient you want to strangle somebody? At this point three years ago, Manchester United had gone three years without winning the EPL and seven without winning the Champions League. Did the world fall apart for them? At this point last summer, Barcelona had gone two years without winning anything. So why does going two years without winning anything spell the end of Milan?

With all due respect, if you are living your life so vicariously through Milan that you can't make it through two seasons without trophies, then you really need a hobby or something else to fill the void in your life. This is not about you and your impatience. Milan can't win things every single year just so you can personally feel superior.

Quote:
2.) MY POINT WAS NOT WHETHER THEY DESERVED IT OR NOT. IF YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT THIS, WHILST DEFENDING YOUR POSITION ABOUT OUR CL WIN IN 2007, THAT MAKES YOU NOTHING MORE THAN A BIASED HYPOCRITE. The fact is, they played crap, and they still won in the end. We do the same thing and we drop down to 5th, NOTICE A DIFFERENCE? OR IS MY POINT STILL BLIND TO YOU?
But Milan improved from 5th to a tie for 2nd. You're acting like Milan dropped to 5th and then to 10th. Milan improved significantly this past season despite major injuries to key players. So why should you be so pessimistic?

Quote:
3.) Pato and Thiago Silva came in WINTER! I never once mentioned any names in my post about who were the old chess pieces, BUT SINCE YOU WANT TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK SO GOOD, WELL JUST GO AHEAD AND USE THEM AS YOUR EXAMPLES.
The ones I was referring to happen to be players like Ibram Ba, Shevchenko, Brocchi, Emerson, and the list goes on.
Pato was bought in the summer. The only reason he didn't start playing for Milan until the winter was because he had to reach the age of 18. Silva was bought in the winter with the knowledge that he wouldn't be eligible to play until the summer, so he's new to the squad this year. And what the hell is the difference whether they were bought in the winter or the summer? They are still here. You're making even less sense than usual.

Quote:
Taking bits and pieces of other peoples posts and mashing them together into an arguement that you can bite back as is not cool, totally childish, and completely unnecessary, simply because people can link back to my last post (via your quote) and read through the entire thing word for word.

Stop acting like you have an arguement against me, you don't. You're just trying to make it sound like you do. Anyone on this forum can see it. You're just making yourself look more like the idiot I don't want to admit you are.
I responded directly to your first two paragraphs. I didn't see anything further down that changed the meaning of what you said in the beginning. If anything did, then you should learn to be more clear.

And I probably should point out that you are the one who is being childish by throwing tantrums because Milan hasn't made panic buys to get the players you want in the time frame that you want them. And I also think it's childish to be so narcissistic that you think this is all about you and satisfying your ego and your need to feel superior because your club won the trophy and the other guy's club didn't. This is not about you. Milan is not engaged in football so that you can live vicariously through them. Silvio Berlusconi owns the club. You don't.
__________________
Forza Milan!

Last edited by Rick; 10-07-2009 at 10:43.
Rick is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 10:33   #7271

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
That would explain why winning the league actually means something
Now unfortunately means less than those years as even if you finish second or third you will still participate in the CL, while in those years only the champion took part.
But of coarse the domestic league means more than something even nowadays but a little less than CL.
Maltese Charlie is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 10:39   #7272

fLame

Registered User
 
fLame's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Milan
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
Firstly, don't assume you know everyone on this forum, nor our preferences and whatnot. You don't know crap about me.
It's proven by research that people tend to be more radical, inappropriate and confronting on the internet comparing to real life. Do you fit into the "people" category?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
I don't have a preference of European or Domestic success, but if you ask anyone on this forum, I highly doubt they would mind ONE OVER THE OTHER, so long as the club is successful.
I remember back in 2007 when we won the Champions League, and Inter won the Scudetto, Milan fans produced a famous phraze "That Inter can stick Scudetto up their @sses". I don't remember anyone objecting.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
As such, your argument won't stand. I rest my case.
What was your argument again?
__________________
always rosso. always nero. always a rossonero.

Last edited by fLame; 10-07-2009 at 10:44.
fLame is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 10:39   #7273

Fret

Registered User
 
Fret's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
We don't need any new players because our squad is full of champions.
Luis Fabiano? I'm not even sure if he's better than Paloschi.

Nevermind we haven't won anything for the last 2 years because Man Utd had period of 6 years not winning anything and we all know they have to buy new players because of that and we do not because of our "championsness" of the team.


....there's a funny report on goal.com about Atletico Madrid's boss replying to Barca: "You like our Diego Forlan? No problem, We like Messi"
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market"
Fret is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 10:43   #7274

fLame

Registered User
 
fLame's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Milan
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fret View Post
We don't need any new players because our squad is full of champions.
Luis Fabiano? I'm not even sure if he's better than Paloschi.

Nevermind we haven't won anything for the last 2 years because Man Utd had period of 6 years not winning anything and we all know they have to buy new players because of that and we do not because of our "championsness" of the team.
The point I was trying to make is that we can't rebuild this squad during this one Mercato. Ever if we did sign stars for all the positions we need - that doesn't guarantee success. Ask Real Galacticos. Actually, I hope Real will prove this agian next season.

I think that we should rebuild slowly, so the team has time to get used to itself. Signing youngsters is part of such plan. But with youngsters it may indeed take us 6 or more years.
__________________
always rosso. always nero. always a rossonero.
fLame is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 10:46   #7275

Ryo

Registered User
 
Ryo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Ryo is on a distinguished road
Simple Posting because it seems quicker.

Point 2:
"But Milan improved from 5th to a tie for 2nd. You're acting like Milan dropped to 5th and then to 10th. Milan improved significantly this past season despite major injuries to key players. So why should you be so pessimistic?"

I'm pessimistic because in the same time, Inter played just as crap, if not more. They played with a $hitload of injuries, just like us. They Won the League twice like that. What do we have to show for it? A 5th and a barely deserved 3rd place (which if you had read my earlier post, could have been a single games difference away from 5th).

Point 3:
Pato was bought in the summer. The only reason he didn't start playing for Milan in the winter was because he had to reach the age of 18. Silva was bought in the winter with the knowledge that he wouldn't be eligible to play until the summer, so he's new to the squad this year. And what the hell is the difference whether they were bought in the winter or the summer? They are still here. You're making even less sense than usual.

I never said anything about Pato or Thiago Silva being the players dragging us down. I'm talking about the, oh 20 or so OTHER SIGNINGS made in the same period that we ended up sending away or selling at a loss.
YOU were the one who insisted on using Pato and Thiago Silva as examples, ONLY YOU. Am I being clear to you?
One diamond out of a transfer of 30 odd players does not mean anything. We're suppose to be signing quality most of the time. (Which is why someone else mentioned we should consider ourselves a second tier team now, because we act like one).
Once again, I reiterate, YOU pointed them out being the dead weights, I did NOT.

Which brings us to the 4th Point:

You respond by talking about absolute crap that has nothing to do with the points I have made abundantly clear. All you try to do, Rick, is to take bits and pieces of what you THINK is being said, and then making an arguement which will suit you.

I think most of the people above the age of 13, some below even, can understand quite clearly what I've been saying and the exact points I've made in my posts. Why you are the only one who I can't get through to is quite beyond me (I have my theories, but I'm nice enough not to share them with everyone on the forums ).


Oh yes, and as fLame is acting like such a child, I think I won't reply to him other than one more post:

Point 2 of your arguement:
I remember back in 2007 when we won the Champions League, and Inter won the Scudetto, Milan fans produced a famous phraze "That Inter can stick Scudetto up their @sses". I don't remember anyone objecting.

The main reason why no one would object is because of 3 things:

1.) We were unfairly stripped of points in the season, leading to us not being given the Scudetto the year before, and us barely even able to play in the CL qualifications.

2.) We started 8 points behind everyone else, given we couldn't win the league, this was the only competition we could focus on, which we won.

3.) It's Inter we're talking about. Do you really think that if Roma or Lazio had won the League that season, that anyone would put up those signs?

Last edited by Ryo; 10-07-2009 at 10:50.
Ryo is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.