AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 16:02   #7321

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
I'd rather have Fabiano.

It doesn't make sense, anyway. Going for Etoo (who would demand an outrageous contract) while letting Kaka go and flirting with Pirlo leaving for budgetary reasons. It will never happen.
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI
brk is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 16:12   #7322

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
I'd rather have Fabiano.

It doesn't make sense, anyway. Going for Etoo (who would demand an outrageous contract) while letting Kaka go and flirting with Pirlo leaving for budgetary reasons. It will never happen.
I agree. On top of that, I also don't want (potential) trouble makers in the locker room, considering the recent retirement of Maldini.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 16:45   #7323

Fret

Registered User
 
Fret's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
To me, Eto'o is the best striker in the world for the last 3 years.
The only problem with him could be high paycheck demand and maybe his temper....???

I have a feeling that Man Utd could snap him though
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market"
Fret is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 17:22   #7324

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fret View Post
To me, Eto'o is the best striker in the world for the last 3 years.
The only problem with him could be high paycheck demand and maybe his temper....???
The main problem is that his next 3 seasons wont be as good as his previous 3.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 17:31   #7325

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by K77SH C View Post
The main problem is that his next 3 seasons wont be as good as his previous 3.
If it is a reason not to take Eto'o (if I read between the lines, it's because of his age ?), then let's not take Luis Fabiano too ...

Anyway, I don't know who I would prefer in Milan as all these players we're linked with have different characteristics and they all have something that others haven't (either positive and negative for all of them). And like our formation is probably going to change, this so-called "big target man" isn't really what we need now. We just need a striker able to play with his head, and Eto'o, Huntelaar, Dzeko and Luis Fabiano are all able to do it ... so ??
GeoTav is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 17:33   #7326

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
Gabriel, when it comes to our midfield, I think we are far closer in opinion than text allows. I think this concept applies to everyone on this forum, we fight about little things and small parts of arguments and focus on that, rather than the real issue and we generally agree that we are not satisfied with the team and are all worried about whether the team can be successful next season.

I am optimistic, but I also think that Milan is a team that is in its final phase of transition. There are players here who I think have entered the last year of their peak and are entering the finals stages of decline. Gattuso has the fight to stay ontop past his prime, and Pirlo has never really relied upon his physical powers to play his kind of game.

However, Flamini will probably phase Ambro or Gattuso out. Look for Milan to look at Cigarini or D'Agostino next year, as Milan has the attitude of watching players for quite a while before actually getting them. Sometimes this bites us in the ass and we lose the player, but it usually makes us certain of what we are buying.

Leonardo needs to have players that have been to the top before. They might not be the best right now, but I think we'd be doing more harm to give Leonardo a new group, or even a group that is very new, because that would only make Leonardo's job even harder.

The truth is I really am worried about Nesta's health. The new LB is secondary, as I have some faith in Janku (though I'm sure that will turn to screaming at the TV later in the year) but really, if Nesta is fit, at least for 75% of our games, Milan will do well. Our season will truly be down to the fitness of Nesta and Ronaldinho. I wonder if Galli will be able to get us a good CB in the winter should Nesta break down.. Thoughts?
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 17:45   #7327

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
I'm certain that we will get a CB if Nesta breaks down. That's not something i'm worried about.

I am getting a little anxious in waiting for Galliani to make his move. I know he's playing the waiting game, but I want Cissokho. I'm reaching the point where I want him and no one else. If we don't get him, I think we would have made a huge mistake.

I've always said that the transition would take two years. Plugging the holes this year (CB, LB, CF) and replacing the dead weights next year (GK, CM, CB+ and CF). It's going to take a while, and the faster we realize that the easier the season will become.
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI
brk is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 17:46   #7328

johncharles365

Registered User
 
johncharles365's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2009
Location: london
Fave Players: maldini, flamini, shevchenko, leonardo, albertini
johncharles365 is on a distinguished road
Samaldinho I wouldn't be too sure about cigarini or dagostino both players will have a commitment to their new clubs napoli and real/juve/inter. it might be better for milan to focus on montolivo or hernanes as a replacement for Pirlo if he leaves. As for Flamini phasing out gattuso and ambrosini it may be a strong possibility but i would predict flamini dominating the position with ambrosini making a occasional appearance Flamini is an awesome player and still believe Milan obtained him on a free transfer. If leonardo is at the beginning of a new transfer policy of younger cheaper players than i would guess that you are not going to see the ronaldinhos and ronaldos and zambrottas being transferred into Milan i would surmise that players like cissokho and dzeko will be sought after under the transfer policy fabiano really is a short term solution to appease the fans, can vastly help to win trophies and provides a replacement for inzargi.
johncharles365 is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 18:17   #7329

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
Maybe not D'Agostino, but Milan has shown in the past that we wait for players before really grabbing onto them, many times a year after we've been linked. Zambro went to Barca for two years first, Janku stayed at Udinese for another year before we finally got him and so on and so forth.

But now that I think about it, I am talking about old Milan. A Milan that used to buy Italian. I am not Italian and I do not like supremacist or semi-European prejudiced views that Europeans are the best. I think that with the wealth of talent in Italy, I just think it'd be cheaper to go after Cigarini, Bochetti, Criscito, Marco Motta, and others than it would be pursuing Cissoko, Vidic, and others.

Am I the only person who hopes that this Carlos Eduardo news is true? He is a very direct player, and very reminiscent of a certain Brazilian we used to have. Does anyone know how real this link is?
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 18:23   #7330

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
If it is a reason not to take Eto'o (if I read between the lines, it's because of his age ?), then let's not take Luis Fabiano too ...

Anyway, I don't know who I would prefer in Milan as all these players we're linked with have different characteristics and they all have something that others haven't (either positive and negative for all of them). And like our formation is probably going to change, this so-called "big target man" isn't really what we need now. We just need a striker able to play with his head, and Eto'o, Huntelaar, Dzeko and Luis Fabiano are all able to do it ... so ??
Only a week ago, Fabiano was backup of a backup of a backup.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 19:03   #7331

naif1980

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2009
Fave Players: all milan players
naif1980 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
A SEEDORF/Mr. 4-TIME CL winner fan. You must be the first one I met in years.
You say that Seedorf is 34 and can still gives a lot to the team. Well, what had he done for the team since he was 32? NOTHING.
As for Favalli, personally I don't mind him as a backup player, but I would rather have that spot for guys like Darmian or Alberterzzi. ESP in games in Coppa Italia.
most of milan players in the last two years weren`t good and that is because the whole team is not playin well and not because seedorf is bad, and the one who is responsible for that is Anceloti, he insists to play the same tactics and same football and didnt give the chance to many players such as ( flamin, olviera, Gourcuff) even when he used to be juvemtus coach, he didnt give Trezequet chance who became one of the most important strikers with Lippi.
naif1980 is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 19:30   #7332

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I find it really interesting that a number of posters are really keen on us getting Cissokho, so much so he's being viewed as a huge signing. Considering most, including myself, hadn't really heard or seen much of him prior to our original agreement with Porto, I think it's kind of strange. At the same time, I must admit I genuinely want the transfer to go through, as I just get a very strong feeling he was a very good buy and could be a player which we're looking for to fill what has been a large void over the past few years.

As for the Eto'o rumours, I doubt he'd be bought as his wages would be huge which would go directly against our current policy.

Carlos Eduardo has also been linked to us as has been posted, but again, I have my hesitations and really am not sure I see the point of the transfer.

I really just want Galliani to make 3 moves now with Cissokho, Santacroce (or another defender of similar quality and potential) and a top level forward. It's a shame I don't even see that much coming in this summer.

More positively, I do feel Leonardo's new approach has seemingly added a fresh air to the club. The players appear to be responding well and all of the comments made so far really sound much more like what we want to hear.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 19:58   #7333

OCmilano

Registered User
 
OCmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Southern California
Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
lets sign this guy again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ioix...ure=popt00us13
__________________
ROBINHO TIME
OCmilano is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 20:07   #7334

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quite honestly, I cant quite grasp why Samuel is even on the agenda. Firstly, Milan wants to buy with a MASSIVE eye on the budget, secondly, we are looking for a CLINICAL hitman!

Hunterlaar and Fabiano fit this bill far more perfectly than Eto'o.

Not only will his price inflate to more than that of Dzeko's, but his wage demands will be comparable to that of Kaka's when he was at Milan......
So it that regard, yes, he is a direct replacemnt of Kaka in expenses lol!
guestes is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 20:12   #7335

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
I find it really interesting that a number of posters are really keen on us getting Cissokho, so much so he's being viewed as a huge signing. Considering most, including myself, hadn't really heard or seen much of him prior to our original agreement with Porto, I think it's kind of strange. At the same time, I must admit I genuinely want the transfer to go through, as I just get a very strong feeling he was a very good buy and could be a player which we're looking for to fill what has been a large void over the past few years.

As for the Eto'o rumours, I doubt he'd be bought as his wages would be huge which would go directly against our current policy.

Carlos Eduardo has also been linked to us as has been posted, but again, I have my hesitations and really am not sure I see the point of the transfer.

I really just want Galliani to make 3 moves now with Cissokho, Santacroce (or another defender of similar quality and potential) and a top level forward. It's a shame I don't even see that much coming in this summer.

More positively, I do feel Leonardo's new approach has seemingly added a fresh air to the club. The players appear to be responding well and all of the comments made so far really sound much more like what we want to hear.
My concern is the lack of replacments for Dihno. Let's be honest with oursleves, it is HIGHLY unlikely Dihno will have a free uniterrupted season. Only replacements then are Seedorf (has lost his touch) and DiGenarro (prefers to be a striker). Unless Leo changes the tactical sytem just due to the abscene of Dihno, we need another back-up playmaker.....

Any coach will add fresh air to a club, especially one which has been rotting away for the last two seasons under Carlo...... That being said, I am excited by the attacking way in which leo wants to play. Only concern is that Galliani is not willing to buy the players necessary to suit Leo, and that will screw things up. I am betting Leo is still awaiting the arrival of a winger, which will never occur....

Your thoughts?
guestes is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:45.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.