AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 03:16   #7411

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
He can't play 3 good games in a row, he can't play a whole season, he isn't that good against smallest teams ... he isn't a very good defender and his crosses are less good than 2-3 years ago ... exactly what we don't need.

PS: I wish you good holidays, I will be off for 10 days (sea, sex and sun near Nice !! ).
I need to visit that part of Europe, specially Marseille who to me seems like a wild place! Nice...too expencive for longer periods

Enjoy man, in Croatia it was raining 17 days in a row!

P.S.

Grosso is still a good player
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 03:22   #7412

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
I TOLD YOU AND OTHERS MANY TIMES, Fabiano is NOT a replacement for Kaka'. Are you dense?


@rossoneri fuego: try to use enter and space if you want your post to be read by people. it's not a critic, but a suggestion.
And you are... Leonardo? Yes we know, Dinho is a replacement of Kaka'. But that is even more funny, to think Dinho can play what Kaka' did.

Nevermind its an old story. What I mean is that a player of Kaka's class needed to be changed with same class of a player ( not necessarily in the SAME position ).

What we are now doing with Fabiano saga Inter did with Millito in few silent days and got a great CF player.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 04:41   #7413

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
Currently, I think we're in a situation a little like Inter. If you look at our squad, it's currently got...

Dida, Kalac, Abbiati, Storari, Nesta, Oddo, Kala, Onyewu, Bonera, Silva, Favalli, Darmian, Albertazzi, Zambro, Antonini, Janku, Abate, Rino, Pirlo, Ambro, Flamini, Seedorf, Di Gennaro, Cardacio, Ronaldinho, Borriello, Pato, Pippo, Viudez

That's a 29 man squad when in reality our club should aim for a 25-26 man squad. I think this is one of the reasons we're not getting more targets, essentially we need to lose a few players. Adding Cissokho (or another FB), A new striker and CB, never mind midfielder or other areas, we're looking at a squad of over 30 players.

However, one way to get around this is to let youngsters go out on loan or in co-ownerships. Cardacio, Viudez and Darmian really should go out to gain experience. One of Storari or Kalac also needs to go out again. Personally, I think Oddo has no place in Milan these days and so he's another I'd let go. That would reduce to the kind of numbers we aim for and then we could replace some players (read: Kaladze) with better players (read: Santacroce ). Thus the eventual squad I think we'd look for is something close to this:

Abbiati, Dida, Kalac, Nesta, Santacroce, Silva, Cissokho, Albertazzi, Favalli, Bonera, Antonini, Zambro, Janku, Seedorf, Pirlo, Ambro, Flamini, Rino, Dinho, Di Gennaro, Abate, Pato, Pippo, Borriello, Luis Fabiano(?)

That's a 25 man squad which is about the right size really. We can maybe look to make the odd addition to that list of names. It's difficult to say what position we could use, maybe an attacking midfielder of sorts as we initially seem a little thin in the role. That said, I do want space given for players like Abate and Di Gennaro to get chances.
Thats something I agree with as I think Milan have a huge squad but yet lacks depth in quality.

Kalac and Storari should be cut lose or be in the reserve or try to sell them to any clubs.

Kala, Bonera, Favalli, Gooch, Darmian and Alberterzzi are all back up defenders? Even though Favalli, Bonera and Alberterzzi can fill in as FB, but just how many backup CBs do a team need.
TO me at least two of the above have to go, either or loan or to anther club.
Zambro, Oddo, Janku and Antonini are solid but given that some of the back up CBs and Flamini can play both FB while three of the four mentioned can also play both FBs, one of them is not needed.

Cardacio, Rino, Ambro, Flamini, Pirlo and Seedorf. The size of the three midfield spots are great but overall it lacks movement and mobility.

Having Dinho, Abate, Di Gennaro, Pippo, Borreillo, Pato and Luis(if he signs) are more than enough for Leo's 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 formations.

Overall, it is really the defense and GKs that are overloading with deadweights. Not to mention Mr. 4 time CL winner.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 04:45   #7414

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
Currently, I think we're in a situation a little like Inter. If you look at our squad, it's currently got...

Dida, Kalac, Abbiati, Storari, Nesta, Oddo, Kala, Onyewu, Bonera, Silva, Favalli, Darmian, Albertazzi, Zambro, Antonini, Janku, Abate, Rino, Pirlo, Ambro, Flamini, Seedorf, Di Gennaro, Cardacio, Ronaldinho, Borriello, Pato, Pippo, Viudez

That's a 29 man squad when in reality our club should aim for a 25-26 man squad. I think this is one of the reasons we're not getting more targets, essentially we need to lose a few players. Adding Cissokho (or another FB), A new striker and CB, never mind midfielder or other areas, we're looking at a squad of over 30 players.

However, one way to get around this is to let youngsters go out on loan or in co-ownerships. Cardacio, Viudez and Darmian really should go out to gain experience. One of Storari or Kalac also needs to go out again. Personally, I think Oddo has no place in Milan these days and so he's another I'd let go. That would reduce to the kind of numbers we aim for and then we could replace some players (read: Kaladze) with better players (read: Santacroce ). Thus the eventual squad I think we'd look for is something close to this:

Abbiati, Dida, Kalac, Nesta, Santacroce, Silva, Cissokho, Albertazzi, Favalli, Bonera, Antonini, Zambro, Janku, Seedorf, Pirlo, Ambro, Flamini, Rino, Dinho, Di Gennaro, Abate, Pato, Pippo, Borriello, Luis Fabiano(?)

That's a 25 man squad which is about the right size really. We can maybe look to make the odd addition to that list of names. It's difficult to say what position we could use, maybe an attacking midfielder of sorts as we initially seem a little thin in the role. That said, I do want space given for players like Abate and Di Gennaro to get chances.

Would honestly like to see our Uryguyuan pair play a greater role next season. Carlo praised Cardaccio, but as always, lacked the guts to play them , or even give them a substitution role. leo will give them a chance, and eventaully, one of them will have a break away performance.... We may already have a Kaka in the waiting....
guestes is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 04:47   #7415

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Thats something I agree with as I think Milan have a huge squad but yet lacks depth in quality.

Kalac and Storari should be cut lose or be in the reserve or try to sell them to any clubs.

Kala, Bonera, Favalli, Gooch, Darmian and Alberterzzi are all back up defenders? Even though Favalli, Bonera and Alberterzzi can fill in as FB, but just how many backup CBs do a team need.
TO me at least two of the above have to go, either or loan or to anther club.
Zambro, Oddo, Janku and Antonini are solid but given that some of the back up CBs and Flamini can play both FB while three of the four mentioned can also play both FBs, one of them is not needed.

Cardacio, Rino, Ambro, Flamini, Pirlo and Seedorf. The size of the three midfield spots are great but overall it lacks movement and mobility.

Having Dinho, Abate, Di Gennaro, Pippo, Borreillo, Pato and Luis(if he signs) are more than enough for Leo's 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 formations.

Overall, it is really the defense and GKs that are overloading with deadweights. Not to mention Mr. 4 time CL winner.

On paper, our defense may seem good, but with an injury cloud over important players such as Bonera, Nesta and Abbiatti, and players not of Milan standard (yet to see on Onyewu), it is in fact an extremely weak and patchwork unit.
guestes is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 05:15   #7416

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Palermo President Zamparini Raves About Javier Pastore
The Rosanero chief is on cloud nine after completing the signing of ‘El Flaco’ from Huracan.
12 Jul 2009 10:36:41


Palermo beat off competition from top European clubs to snatch Huracan midfielder Javier Pastore for a reported €6.5million.

The 20-year-old, who has earned comparisons to Real Madrid superstar Kaka, has put pen to paper on a five-year deal worth €600,000 per season and is expected to join the team on July 20.

“Pastore had been a Palermo player for some time,” President Maurizio Zamparini confessed to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“We didn’t say anything out of respect for the player who was focused on Huracan’s bid to win the league title.

“I am very happy with this signing, I have to compliment my director of sport, [Walter] Sabatini. I am convinced that he will provide plenty of satisfactions in Italy, because he is a world-class player.”

Pastore had reportedly been a target for English champions Manchester United and press reports have suggested in recent weeks that Arsenal, Chelsea and Porto were also trying to derail his move to Sicily.

Wish we had something to seriously rave about... Even if we sign Fabaino, I will be dissapointed. However , that is just a natural reaction from myself as a highly expectant Milan fan....

If I was to think rationally however, the only thing I would be thinking about is what the hell a MGT team who relies on a great club like Milan to "auto-finance" themsleves, still doing around? Do they have any shame? They cannot afford to even spend as much as teams such as Palermo, or invest in our defense, an area which has cost us trophies for the last two years?
Soon enough, Berlu will leave the club in the state in which he took it over from.... Hardly satisfactory!
guestes is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 05:31   #7417

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saliwonczyk View Post
Wish we had something to seriously rave about... Even if we sign Fabaino, I will be dissapointed. However , that is just a natural reaction from myself as a highly expectant Milan fan....

If I was to think rationally however, the only thing I would be thinking about is what the hell a MGT team who relies on a great club like Milan to "auto-finance" themsleves, still doing around? Do they have any shame? They cannot afford to even spend as much as teams such as Palermo, or invest in our defense, an area which has cost us trophies for the last two years?
Soon enough, Berlu will leave the club in the state in which he took it over from.... Hardly satisfactory!
I'm getting tired of this argument. You people need to stop complaining and hold your responses until after the mercato is over. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes, and this lack of information breeds cynicism and distrust. We just have to wait and see. There's really nothing you can do, and if you judge Galliani's performance based one what has been done so far, you will only be disappointed. Wait until ends.

They know what needs to be done better than you do. They know more than you. They will fix things. We're moving in the right direction.
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI
brk is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 05:32   #7418

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
If Milan is willing to spend atleast half of our sales on purchases before transfer end (assuming they just didn't put aside Gourcuff's transfer fee for our total transfers...), then there is still plenty we can do with that. We would have atleast 20 million to spend. With that cash, we can split the money between a winger and a CB. These players don't need to be superstars in anyway, but potential players.
As for a GK, Storari is suprisingly in high demand, and will probably go for a price above his actual worth. With that, we can probably secure a young GK, who may be able to push Abbiatti and hopefully Marchetti (if reports are true) in years to come....

Then, there is the minute possibility that Berlu will pull 15 million of his own money, as so we can chase Van der Vart, and buy a decent full back instead.... But then again, the sale of Storari will be profitable and help o towards a decent CB or a young GK if Berlu as president, decides not to invest one cent.
guestes is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 05:41   #7419

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
We're moving in the right direction.
Immagine this: I take my car and wride 1000km wrong way. They a person sitting next to me wakes up and say: " hey, you fool! You are going 100km wrongly!"

I say: " Ah, ok."...I turn my car and I say:" Now we're in the right direction".

And this person should be happy?

We made so much mistakes in mercato in past 3,4 years, and this summer we screwed it up untill the bottom. Buying few young players and using nice words as "new circle" is not a right direction. Its a patch up for sales of our best player and our most talented young player.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 05:48   #7420

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
I'm getting tired of this argument. You people need to stop complaining and hold your responses until after the mercato is over. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes, and this lack of information breeds cynicism and distrust. We just have to wait and see. There's really nothing you can do, and if you judge Galliani's performance based one what has been done so far, you will only be disappointed. Wait until ends.

They know what needs to be done better than you do. They know more than you. They will fix things. We're moving in the right direction.
I am "getting tired" of you always responding so agressively to people's posts as soon as their ideas conflct with your own. You seem to have a strong belief in our MGT., and that is fair enough.... It can't be denied though, that the majority of us have a feeling of doubt over MGT. recently, and that can hardly be blamed. Perhaps we can make a friendly bet? What do you believe MGT. is plotting behind the scenes (the purchase of Fabino doesn't count) that may be so great? If management can, by the start of the new season, solve our defensive problems and acquire a much needed winger, I will be prepared to praise your judgment. However, until that happens, I feel you should just accept others' reasonable thoughts. If you cannot feel critical after recent events involving Milan, than you are definently minority.....

No offence intended however.... We both feel passionate about Milan I am sure, but we just have different ideas on the team's progress..... By no means do I want this to begin some kind of fight on this forum.
guestes is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 05:50   #7421

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Immagine this: I take my car and wride 1000km wrong way. They a person sitting next to me wakes up and say: " hey, you fool! You are going 100km wrongly!"

I say: " Ah, ok."...I turn my car and I say:" Now we're in the right direction".

And this person should be happy?

We made so much mistakes in mercato in past 3,4 years, and this summer we screwed it up untill the bottom. Buying few young players and using nice words as "new circle" is not a right direction. Its a patch up for sales of our best player and our most talented young player.
Our direction this Mercato is actually good. However, we wasted hard earned cash in the last three years on players who were quite frankly, NOT FOR THE FUTURE. Now, we have hardly any resources to buy players FOR THE FUTURE. This kind of transition year should have come the season we came fifth in Serie A....
guestes is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 05:52   #7422

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
I don't mind brk having his opinion, but as soon as he starts slamming others for having natural doubt over MGT in light of recent events..... That doesn't make sense!
guestes is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 05:59   #7423

Fret

Registered User
 
Fret's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
I liked that "you drive for 100 km in the wrong direction" analogy
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market"
Fret is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 06:22   #7424

fLame

Registered User
 
fLame's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Milan
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fret View Post
I liked that "you drive for 100 km in the wrong direction" analogy
the thing is, once you drive 100 km in the wrong direction, there is nothing that can be done, unless some of you invent a time machine.

b1tching on the whole 100km long way back - doesn't help anyone
__________________
always rosso. always nero. always a rossonero.
fLame is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 06:25   #7425

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fret View Post
I liked that "you drive for 100 km in the wrong direction" analogy
Those who deny that that MGT. have failed this mercato are cheating themselves of the truth.... Still, there is 50 days left to wrap up Fabiano, sell Storari and Kalac and purchase a young keeper (hopefully able to challenge Abbiatti and Marchetti if he comes next season), and IF Berlu is willing to invest a small portion of his own fortune, perhaps buy a decent CB to seal up our defense.....
Not enough, but the absoloute bare minimum to be competing for a top three spot this season....
guestes is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.