![]() |
|
|
#8131 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
![]() |
Quote:
__________________
Its SPEEDORF actually Last edited by K77SH C; 18-07-2009 at 12:46. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8132 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
![]() |
Thats just life, what can we do
|
|
|
|
|
#8133 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Pandev, Van Basten, Kaka
![]() |
I can't believe it, we're a flippin disgrace
__________________
A.C. MILAN & F.K. VARDAR ![]() Life ends when you stop Dreaming; Hope ends when you stop Believing; Love ends when you stop Caring; so Dream, Believe and Care. Life is really beautiful! |
|
|
|
|
#8134 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2004
![]() |
Ronaldinho said this:
"Our objectives get bigger, a bit like Milan. We wanted to qualify for the Champions League last year, and now we want to win it," Ronaldinho told La Gazzetta Dello Sport. I really hope that we finally get someone, because it is getting boring listening to everyone else's transfers. Oh and Berlu never said that Kaka's sale was meant for reinvestment into the club. It has been said, continuously that his sale was to balance our books. If you guys want Berlu to change, then make sure he loses his seat as Prime Minister. I think the issue with everyone complaining about the negative and "complaining" fans is not about the frustration. I have tremendous frustration, but I think the reality is that what is holding Milan back is not Berlusconi himself, and Galliani obviously does not control the money at Milan, but it is the fact that Berlusconi has a political career. It's not Milan being suddenly cheap, it's that he cannot be seen to bail out Milan now. It's not about the young girls, it's not about Milan being a second-tier club, it's not about us needing to commit Seppuku in order to gain the respect of the Milan directors, it's that Milan is not able to use its patron's financial powers right now, plain and simple. I also think that this summer will not be a season for transfers for Milan, anyway. Next summer is when Milan will splash the cash I think. Milan will be debt free, all the other teams will have to manage their debt, while next year many of the new TV deals will have to be negotiated, so we'll see who is on top then. That being said, I still want Milan to do well, now. I feel that a front line of: ----Ronaldinho --Pato----Borriello That is a World Class front line. Milan sold Kaka, with Ronaldinho as his temporary replacement, but Pato is going to be relied upon this coming season like Messi was increasingly relied upon last year. Pato is not a like-for-like replacement of Kaka, but he will serve as the star of Milan's team. It is the truth, that is what Milan has done, betting heavily that Ronaldinho can resurge himself in support. I am just frustrated at us being heavily linked, to the point of agents confirming contact and all that, only for it to fall through. Even though I'm rather indifferent on Luis Fabiano (I don't rate him, but I don't think he's terrible either). I have to admit, if Ibra goes to Barca for Etoo, 40 mil, plus Hleb on loan, I really want to strangle Galliani, because that is a much better deal than what we got. However, Zlatan is more marketable than Kaka is, from a strictly financial perspective. Oh and since we have this love affair will all things Brazilian, anyone think Rafinha would make a good addition to Milan? I think he's class, though I have to admit after following him for a long time, I stopped last season, anyone know how he's doing? |
|
|
|
|
#8135 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#8136 | ||
|
Registered User
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
![]() |
Quote:
There is no solace for getting a poor deal like we did. Considering we're not getting any player for now, Huntelaar as part of the deal would have been a boon. Quote:
Striker Adebayor completes his move to Man City By Soccernet staff July 18, 2009 * Comment Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor has completed his move to Manchester City after passing his medical and signing a five-year deal. Empics Emmanuel Adebayor: Done deal. • Wenger in no rush to replace Ade The 25-year-old striker will cost the club around £25m where he will join Carlos Tevez and Roque Santa Cruz in a new look City frontline. Several hundred City fans were at the stadium to welcome Adebayor, who hopes to help the ambitious club move forward. "It made me feel really welcome and special and I can't wait to play for City's fans and show them what I can do," he declared after completing the bulk of the paperwork. "I was born to play football and that is what I want to do. I have come here to make history for this club and those supporters. It what the chairman and the manager told me that they want too and I can't wait to get started. Blues boss Mark Hughes is delighted to have secured the services of yet another high class international star with his peak years still in front of him. "Emmanuel has been one of the top forwards in the Premier League since he arrived from France and we are delighted he has agreed to come and join us," he declared. "Along with the other signings we have made in the last two windows he will greatly enhance our ability to compete with the top sides. "His arrival is another clear indication that we are determined to augment the players we have here with the best of international talent. "He adds vital balance and power to our attack. He has everything a top forward needs. He is versatile, powerful, quick and agile on the ball. I am looking forward to working with him as are the rest of the staff. He will definitely add a new dimension to our play. I have been a great admirer for a long time." Adebayor is expected to join up with Mark Hughes' touring side in South Africa in the next few days as City look to continue to add to their squad with the, so far unsuccessful, captures of John Terry and Joleon Lescott. # Wenger in no rush to replace Ade Meanwhile, Arsene Wenger says he has no plans to replace Adebayor after agreeing to sell him to Manchester City. ''We're not on the verge of signing anybody but I'm able to spend the money if we find the right players,'' he said. ''We're not in a hurry because we have a big squad. We'll see in pre-season if we need to make any additions. ''If we need to add something we will. Chamakh is one of the players we've followed and if we need to go for a striker he's a possibility. We're keeping an eye on him. ''We have Rosicky and Eduardo back so we've lost a big striker but have gained two offensive players who were absent last season. We also have Nicklas Bendtner, Andrey Arshavin, Robin van Persie and Theo Walcott who can play striker. We have top players we can use as strikers.'' Wenger understands Adebayor's desire to leave the Emirates and admitted he was joining a growing force in the Premier League. ''We'll miss him - he's a great player. I'm sure he'll give something special to Man City,'' he said. ''I don't believe that last season he got enough support and I think that played a part in his mind. ''There was a bit of resentment you could feel through last summer. I believe he wanted to do well but didn't have the confidence of the year before. If you consider the money we paid for him it was good business, but that was not our main target. ''It's a good opportunity for him because City could be a big force in the coming years. Carlos Tevez, Robinho and Gareth Barry have done it. Man City will be a threat to the top teams.'' soccernet Last edited by Hasan Rossonero; 18-07-2009 at 13:53. |
||
|
|
|
|
#8137 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2009
Location: london
Fave Players: maldini, flamini, shevchenko, leonardo, albertini
![]() |
Actually one of the problems in Italy at the moment is the lack of top class defenders being produced. Andreolli and Brochetti the most promising centre backs it is no wonder why Milan haven't brought more Italian centre backs. this generation players don't stack up at all against the likes of Nesta Maldini Baresi Gentile, you can hardly see santacrose and cheillini matching these players achievements. if we talking about side backs than Milan have been silly not to invest in criscito santon motta but such is life
|
|
|
|
|
#8138 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
![]() |
Quote:
Okay maybe not as good as Baresi, Nesta, etc. but what is the guarantee that these Brazilian players are? Hernanes's agent: For 12-13 million euros Hernanes can be had (milannews). That would beggar us. Fiorentina or Genoa could afford him though. Last edited by Hasan Rossonero; 18-07-2009 at 14:07. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8139 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
![]() |
Quote:
there are many talented young italian defenders. you also dont know how they will develop. also look to one of them on our squad in micelangalo albertizi who started over santon at LB in the italian U-19. he is only 18 now and has a ton of talent. he is going to be part of the senior squad this year and i would make every effort to get him some playing time |
|
|
|
|
|
#8140 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
![]() |
Breaking News: Fenerbahce are about to sign Hernanes.
Milannews |
|
|
|
|
#8141 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
![]() |
Hasan I just read the Hernanes stuff as well and my reaction was the same as yours. What worries me more though is that now I think he could well become a Fenerbache player soon given our lack of action this summer.
Rick, you make a fair point about Dida, but that entirely depends on what he's willing to accept. It could be the problem for us not selling him, but even if that were the case and we were to essentially make him redundant, it's not worse than keeping him for the remainder of his contract and shelling out even more. Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8142 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2009
Location: london
Fave Players: maldini, flamini, shevchenko, leonardo, albertini
![]() |
you could say the same Italian players if you buy andreolli or pasqual it isn't certain that they will be successful plus if you buy players in the same league they tend to have a inflated price. Any way most commentators and managers agree that Italy is failing to produce top class young centre backs, instead italy are producing a amble supply of strikers and midfielder players hence why paloshci is manning the bench for under 21 games and cassano is left out of the azzuri side and rossi is left on the bench for the national team. Roma is a crucible for italian talent yet the 2 centre backs in the team consists of mexes and juan if roma can produce totti de rossi aquilani and cerci why can't they produce a good quality Italian centre back?
|
|
|
|
|
#8143 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
![]() |
ACMILAN1983: I am laughing in disgust at Milan, not at the credibility of the story.
|
|
|
|
|
#8144 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2009
Fave Players: PATO.
![]() |
Were seriously passing on Hernanes?
My goodness...........Milan............. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
#8145 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2004
![]() |
I don't think it is just Italy that has yet to produce a Baresi-quality center back, I don't think there really are CBs that are of that quality anywhere. That being said, I think Chiellini is the closest thing Italy has to a young World Class CB. His issue is that he is a little slow and depends on a faster more agile CB to partner him.
The only reason why we highlight that sort of issue as particularly bad is that in Cannavaro and Nesta, we've had two defenders who are far more balanced in terms of their physicality and speed. However, when it comes to FB, it seems that Italy will continue to produce top-class full-back defenders. Santon, Marco Motta, Albertazzi, Crisicto, are all the best in their age brackets. Bochetti and Andreolli seem to have bright futures, and I don't think it would be fair to compare them to Nesta or Cannavaro now, they (Nesta and Cannavaro) emerged in a time when Italy was less pessimistic about giving youth a chance. Look at the amount of time it has (and maybe still will) take for Giovinco to make his break-through at Juve. Think about Del Piero, he came to Juve at 17, playing 15 games. At 18, he played 50. It seems that Italians have become even more cautious with the way their use youth, but if you watched Italy's U21 Cup this summer, you'd have every reason to be happy with them. I think many of them can make the step up, but the bigger issue is that outside of Juventus, it seems none of Italy's big teams have faith in Italian CBs. Not only Milan, but Inter and Roma too. None really use Italian CBs (except Nesta at Milan) so I'm not sure if the issue is the quality of the CBs, but rather they are not being given the chance to push themselves to a higher level. Marco Motta has shined since his switch to the higher level at Roma, I don't see why others can't either. On a unrelated note: I'm watching Chelsea play Seattle, and do you know what is interesting about the way Chelsea is playing right now? Deco is occupying that Pirlo-role of a deep-seated playmaker. Deco has lost a little of his pace, and not being particularly physical, the space afforded in that little pocket might afford him more freedom and effectiveness. Maybe? Edit: I have to say that if you want a true potential World Class defender, take a look at Santacroce. He truly has the ability, he is a smart defender, fast, and strong, and is very committed in the challenge. Reports of him leaving Napoli for 6m are laughable. If that happens, I will personally find a way to meet up with Galliani, just to kick him in the balls. Last edited by Samaldinho; 18-07-2009 at 15:08. |
|
|
| Tags |
| αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers |
|
|