AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-07-2009, 00:49   #8536

nhoxanh

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2008
nhoxanh is on a distinguished road
Samaldinho: you are a football coach yourself??
nhoxanh is offline  
Old 23-07-2009, 01:05   #8537

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Grosso is not the answer for lb. I'd try Albertazzi before janku. We all know he can't def. He stands 10 yards off the player to let them get free crosses in. Simply appalling. Without Nesta, not counting Silva yet, our def is horrible. Kalac has to go too. Storari although not great is surely better than him.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 23-07-2009, 01:05   #8538

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
I think we have to put things into perspective: this is pre-season.

Leonardo has a job similar to Lippi with Italy, in what sense? He has to see what players from the old guard he can still rely upon.

Ronaldinho has not been as effective as he can be, mostly because he is having to go deeper and deeper to get the ball. Seedorf is supposed to be the passing and creative force in our center, but it seems that he is not doing that job well (which he has done well in the past).

I really think Pirlo is far more important to Milan than we really think. It also is difficult for Milan to play without the outlet of Pato or Boriello. Any game where Inzaghi is checking back to actually dribble with the ball, means that something is going wrong.

We also have to hold that clubs like Club America take these games far more serious than our players (which I think is unfortunate) but many players know what their role will be and are frankly playing with that in mind. Ronaldinho cannot be a playmaker from that deep in midfield, without having midfielders, wingers, or strikers with the sort of movement and skill that he had at Barca.

Ronaldinho will be far more effective with Pirlo is midfield, who will be able to spray passes to our full-backs, rather than expecting them to push forward with the ball rather than to the ball. I also have to say Inzaghi is an ever-green, and I think that lack of a physical presence upfront really showed, Boriello I think does dirty work but one that benefits our more light-weight players. Zigoni is 18, and you can tell he was over thinking, things did not go right for him immediately, which is common among youth players, who are used to dominating their peers. They lose their composure, their confidence, and start doing things they wouldn't normally do. This is very typical of young strikers, especially.

However, I have to say that Abate seems to be more than a one-dimensional speed demon, he has a wicked shot and I think he was also nervous finally playing in Milan colors. I think as he settles down with the idea of finally being back where he belongs, he will be able to have more confidence with the ball. I also wish Di Gennaro was given another shot.

Strasser seems to have similar grit of Gattuso, which I like. However, I have to say, at this point I would rather keep Pirlo then sell him for Hernanes. The midfield's speed is not the issue, a ball can always move faster than a player, however, the issue is the outlet up-top, and by making Ronaldinho and Inzaghi come further and further back for the ball, the team loses shape, and our midfield seems directed towards destruction rather than playmaking.

A question I was asked by several coaches was whether it was more detrimental to have a bad central defender or center forward. I think if you have a midfield that can hold the ball, a bad center forward is worse. When you don't have someone to relieve pressure, you will have a terrible time trying to play.

That being said, I think we underestimate the role Pato, Pirlo, Boriello, and Thiago Silva have for this team. I think Thiago Silva gives more channeled athleticism than Onyewu does. Onyewu seems designed for teams that sit back, but the way he had his back to the attacker, rather than being along-side him will be hammered out of him (hopefully).

I think Antonini is pretty good, but not good enough to be a day-in-day-out starter for Milan. I have full confidence in Zambrotta consistency, but I think we will find out left full-back spot to be a major weakness, unless Janku can turn up, or if Oddo decides to play like he can, pushing Zambro left, it seems Milan's weak-link will be our left side.

I'm not sure if Milan really need to be revolutionized, but I think we are missing too many of our squad to really judge. I think if we had everyone fit and ready, and they played like they did today, then I would be worried. But Pato up top, Thiago Silva in the back, Pirlo in the center, it's amazing what a difference that would make for us. I think more pressing than a center-forward is a left-back, because it seems all the goals we've conceded in pre-season have come from that side.
Zambrotta started as LB and played best there...... We have plenty of players who can play RB
__________________
Galliani laughed: “I don’t know what his face looks like. Mine is ugly and is a Rossoneri face…”
guestes is offline  
Old 23-07-2009, 01:07   #8539

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony75 View Post
Grosso is not the answer for lb. I'd try Albertazzi before janku. We all know he can't def. He stands 10 yards off the player to let them get free crosses in. Simply appalling. Without Nesta, not counting Silva yet, our def is horrible. Kalac has to go too. Storari although not great is surely better than him.
Yeah, wasn't Albertazzi a starter before Santon in the Italian U21 team? I know he hasn't made a senior debut like Santon, but he hasn't been given a chance just yet..... He must be good out wide of defense.....
__________________
Galliani laughed: “I don’t know what his face looks like. Mine is ugly and is a Rossoneri face…”
guestes is offline  
Old 23-07-2009, 01:10   #8540

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Looks like I underestimated the problem we had in the LB/RB positions.... Didn't know Janko could be so imcompetent! Surely, we must get another full-back b4 the window closes. According to rumours, our Brazilian scout already has one lined up......
__________________
Galliani laughed: “I don’t know what his face looks like. Mine is ugly and is a Rossoneri face…”
guestes is offline  
Old 23-07-2009, 01:13   #8541

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
I.M.O Ambro and Flamini should pair up in the midfield with Gatusso waiting on the bench..... Most of the players today proved that they couldn't cope with a starting spot such as Seedorf and Janko...... Atleast this narrows the list down for Leo!
__________________
Galliani laughed: “I don’t know what his face looks like. Mine is ugly and is a Rossoneri face…”
guestes is offline  
Old 23-07-2009, 02:22   #8542

boing boing

Registered User
 
boing boing's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
boing boing is on a distinguished road
234th player linked to us: Moussa Dembelé from AZ - Tuttosport

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=9770
boing boing is offline  
Old 23-07-2009, 02:30   #8543

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dembele is a fantastic player!! He is a very skilfull attacker who is very strong on the ball. his dribbling skills are amazing. BUT he isnt the striker we look for, he isnt a goalscorer, he needs to work on this!! also most of the times he isnt used as a striker, more as a winger.
Filipéz 182 is offline  
Old 23-07-2009, 03:14   #8544

Lebanese

Registered User
 
Lebanese's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boing boing View Post
I was happy to see youngsters playing well. We have got a real jewel in the making in Zigoni. Strasser was also intense. I hope Leo can develop these two guys.

Our Midfield is not good enough. All our creative play comes from Ronaldinho. I guess that is because we are missing Pirlo. I hope he joins the team asap. Onyewu used his height well. If he develops further I see no reason why he can't be our starting CB.

Considering the players's we are missing, I think we played well. Don't pay attention to the results too much, it is the play that matters.

The games in this tournament have been very intense. All teams are serious and players are tackling hard. It will be interesting to see how we fare against the fresh looking Chelski. It will be a very good test of our defense against Drog, Anelka and Lampard.
dude please send some of what you smoke :d
__________________
Quote:
" ...I'm sure this will be my last stop, there is nothing more than Milan, Milan is the best for me. Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
Lebanese is offline  
Old 23-07-2009, 03:15   #8545

Jay Crisp

Registered User
 
Jay Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
After staying up way past bedtime to watch the game I was dissapointed , sure it was only a friendly but we are carrying some dead weight we know who it is no need to name and shame , Dinho is definately trying how long it will last IDK but he cannot do it on his own the guy needs support to help him out.

Zigoni is just a kid and was nervous Pippo well we don't call him Super Pippo for nothing the guy just takes my breath away , but that said I couldn't possibly contemplate starting the season and expecting/hoping he can play all season.

I have faith in Borriello he had a rough time last season and if he finds Genoa form that and Pato Pirlo (who we cannot afford to lose without a just as good replacement) and Silva taught the ways of Italian football by Nesta we do have a competetive not won that win anything (maybe coppa) but MGT know this and if they are holding ot for Dzeko please a LB or stop playing Janku.

Onyewu was caught bad for the goal bad positioning ball watching but again watching Nesta in action will help him , although he will not be a starter.

All in all it was a pre season friendly but Seedorf dosn't even seem to try his passing is sloppier than usual he dosn't even look just plays the ball then throws his arms up in the air as if it was a perfect pass , Clarence you have done well for Milan very well much appreciated but try as best you can or leave and If that is his best then he past it and has no business starting games come the start of the season.
Jay Crisp is offline  
Old 23-07-2009, 03:32   #8546

zafrul

Registered User
 
zafrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2000
Location: Kuala Lumpur
zafrul
Why Seedorf is still playing is just beyond me...
zafrul is offline  
Old 23-07-2009, 04:20   #8547

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipéz 182 View Post
Dembele is a fantastic player!! He is a very skilfull attacker who is very strong on the ball. his dribbling skills are amazing. BUT he isnt the striker we look for, he isnt a goalscorer, he needs to work on this!! also most of the times he isnt used as a striker, more as a winger.
Actually I don't know about that. Dembele's a very good player and admittedly I like him. Physically as you said he's strong, and very skillful on the ball. In the last season he scored 19 in 23 games when he was used as the striker.

Him joining would give freedom to Pato too as they can alternate between striker and supporting forward.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 23-07-2009, 04:21   #8548

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
After what I saw this three games, I can say that if the IF`s turn out to be positive, than we are a LB and CF/CM short of being seriously competitive.
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline  
Old 23-07-2009, 04:49   #8549

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Don't you find it funny how Mr. 4Time CL winner is still starting for Milan despite how everyone here thinks he will be a sub this coming season.

Also, the expectation of having the injured players from last season be injury free for this coming season is just non-sense. As there were reasons why they were injured and on top of that, whose to say players who weren't injured last year will still be injury free this season?
We all talk about Zambro being the only WC fullback for Milan, imagine him being out for 3 months? Or how Pato will be out for 2 months.....

One last thing, pls don't hope Milan will do well this coming season as they really do not have the pieces to do well.
Like Galli, my expectation will be them making the CL and quite frankly, thats going to be a tough task.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 23-07-2009, 04:56   #8550

Gio-mania

Registered User
 
Gio-mania's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Fave Players: Kaká, Ringhio, Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi etc
Gio-mania is on a distinguished road
I think we lack depth in our sqaud. With all our starters on form, injury free, we can actually challenge for the title.
But if just one of them gets injured or is off form, then we are totally screwed. Especially if one of these players happens to be any one of our forwards, Pirlo, Zambrotta, Nesta or Dinho(not that he is any good right now, but he is better than nothing, and I expect he will improve as the season gets underway) we are in deep feces.
And it would be a miracle to have all these players on form and injury free for the majority of the season. Conclusion: it would be a miracle for Milan to seriously challenge for the title all 38 matches.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Gio-mania is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.