AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 21:05   #9586

zafrul

Registered User
 
zafrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2000
Location: Kuala Lumpur
zafrul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony75 View Post
I'd sleep for about a week then.

If Abate is sold, then any faith (0.01) I have left in this management will be gone.

He's been our best player in pre-season, and will IMO change our system as he will oust one of ambro/gattuso, so maybe that is why he is being touted for sale. Can't have the club captain and vice-captain not playing.
Gee, guess your "sleep for a week" thing was true...

at least goal.com is also reporting the hunter and dida deal...
zafrul is offline  
Old 03-08-2009, 22:02   #9587

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Honestly, I really don't see the buzz on Di Silvestri.
As for Hunter, I just have a feeling he is Gila #2, hope I am wrong though, but 11mil is a good deal.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 03-08-2009, 22:06   #9588

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCmilano View Post
Milan Are Taking The Right Steps To Build Winning Cycle - Sebastiano Rossi
Former Milan goalkeeper Sebastiano Rossi thinks that with a bit of patience the Rossoneri can begin another winning cycle.
3 Aug 2009 20:37:39
Photo GalleryZoom
Ronaldinho - Milan (Grazia Neri)
Related Links
Teams
Milan
Players
Ronaldinho
After selling Kaká and making no major new signings, things are not looking too bright for Milan ahead of the new season, and many fans have already voiced their disappointment.

However, former Rossoneri goalkeeper Sebastiano Rossi, still the record holder in Serie A for the longest unbeaten run with 929 minutes, thinks that the club are taking the right steps to build another winning cycle.

"I've heard many complaints from fans, but I tell them: my friends, Milan are following the right road to build a new cycle within a few years," he said to Il Giornale.

"You have endure some suffering and use a fundamental virtue, patience, to find yourself a winning team again. After building the team's spine, you can insert world-class players one at a time.

"All the great teams have this characteristic to endure in time and not be a fluke team. I'm not just referring to Barcelona or Manchester United. I also remember how Fabio Capello's Invincible Milan team was born, and [Marcello] Lippi's Juventus."

On Ronaldinho, who will probably be given more responsibility now with Kaká's departure, Rossi said: "I want to make a prediction, I like taking risks: I think they will do well, I saw it from the first few tests of this pre-season, he has the right desire.

"I think Milan will start slowly, they will have some problems but in the end they'll be fine. You'll see that in the end they won't disappoint: I know the Milanello people well."

Rossi was at Milan between 1990 and 2002, winning three Scudetti, and one Champions League among other trophies, and establishing his unbeaten record in the 1993/1994 season.

Danilo Pochini


Nice write up.
Ofcourse Milan is on the right track. As rebuilding and relying on a 29 yrs old who has not played great for the last 3 seasons while selling the best player on the team and probably the top 5 players in the world is the best move any team could make.
Then they also have a medical staff that can find problems that nobody can.
Lastly, who needs a structual plan as Galli will only sign whoever that cheapest.

For real, who believe in what Rossi is saying.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 03-08-2009, 22:22   #9589

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
As Geotav mentioned, Berlusconi, Galliani and Leonardo will meet Tuesday regarding Pizarro, Pirlo and the market in general (gazzetta).

The question is will Berlusconi really be able to do anything. If we end up getting Pizarro as part of the Pirlo deal, and if we don't get another striker after that, then our management will be officially stupid.

Like certifiable.

Last edited by Hasan Rossonero; 03-08-2009 at 22:25.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 03-08-2009, 22:27   #9590

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codino View Post
you serious? there was incredible hype around him. Fabiano and Diego where the hottest property in brazil around 03 and 04. i think the Porto transfer killed the hype though.
Youīre 100% right, Codino...

Fabiano was pulverizing all the goal records here in Brazil at that time. The only thing helding him was his temper on the field. Great locker room guy, but easily taked out of control on the field by opposite defenders. Even improving his temper year-after-year, the concern of the European clubs were fair enough.

At that time, Barįa and Milan are after him. Yep, if Iīm not wrong it was him and Gilla our options. Sure 99% of the board was Pro-Gilla because "he was used to Serie-A. Italian, etc..." and all this stuffs that imo have little importance. To be fair, despite the fact that I wanted L. Fabiano ahead of Gilla(imo he was, is and will ever be the best player), I was realy glad we bought Gilla. Never imagine he would be such a failure

Luis Fabiano was also the first choice of Barįa former vice-presidente Sandro Rossel that time. After to bring Ronaldinho and Deco one year before, he tried to buy Fabiano, but Juan Laporta(the president) blocked the purchase because in his opinion, Maxi López was the next big thing from Argentine and a much better player Of course, after that, Sandro Rossel resign as Barįa Vice-President, since it was him the responsible for the transfers. That was the catalyst of the fight between them...

Also, that move to a Porto team in a mess situation didnīt help. I heard a lot about Luis Fabiano failure in that Porto team(true), but at the same time, find it strange that the same people didn(donīt) say the same thing about Diego. Diego also flop at Porto, not only Luis Fabiano...and the time showed that the problem was in the team(situation) and not in the players...

Thereīs one thing I always like to look in a player...Can he delivered in the big stage or against the best competition? Can he handle this type of pressure? Besides a poor Copa America(or against Barcelona) were Adriano shined(even the great Ronaldo played bad pairing with Adriano), Luis always played better or scored in the biggest stages or when his team needed. Thats why I didnīt agree that Carlo was reason for Gilla flop. He gave tons of chances for Gilla to shine, but like in Italy NT(were the pressure is huge like in Milan) the #11 failed. The talent is there, but the mentality not...

Back to Fabiano, playing at Sevilla hurt the hype also. But just look at his numbers in Champions league and Brazil NT. Also in his first year(last season injures didnīt help) as a full-time starter in Sevilla with Manolo Jimenez...and look, Sevilla style(a lot of defense long balls to strikers) hurts more than help his game.

@pirlofanusa: Didnīt understand the point about the amazing service Luis get in Brazil NT. Whatīs your point? First of all, the service in Brazil isnīt amazing in Dunga era(also isnīt bad like in Sevilla), but he receive good goals oportunities and scores alot(look at the goal average with Brazil NT). Thats wasnīt suposed to be good for a striker? I really didnīt understood your knock on him...
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 03-08-2009, 22:40   #9591

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
As Geotav mentioned, Berlusconi, Galliani and Leonardo will meet Tuesday regarding Pizarro, Pirlo and the market in general (gazzetta).

The question is will Berlusconi really be able to do anything. If we end up getting Pizarro as part of the Pirlo deal, and if we don't get another striker after that, then our management will be officially stupid.

Like certifiable.
Thats the scary part. They might be there discussing girls instead of players.

I have a feeling they will come out and state that Hunter, Sneijder and others are demanding too much in salary, which is true as Real pays them like 4.5mil for Hunter and 8mil for Sneijder.

Then they will say Pizarro is a professional....he shows quality against us last season(with Favalli and Kala as CBs).....Fabiano won't be coming b/c Seville is refusing to sell.......the team is still full of champions.....Lastly, new policy is signing anyone under 23-which we did with Zigoni......
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 03-08-2009, 22:57   #9592

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
i would feel better about selling Pirlo if we had kept Gourcuff... he is exactly the type of mid that we could use right now.
---Abs----
De Silvestri-Nesta-Silva-Zambro
--Gattuso-Gourcuff-Flamini
-------Dinho----
-Huntelaar--Pato--

would have been a sick lineup
pirlofanusa is offline  
Old 03-08-2009, 23:57   #9593

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saliwonczyk View Post
This will make you laugh your pants off!

Don’t Write Milan Out Of The Scudetto Race - Fedele Confalonieri

What's funny with this article, may I ask you?
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 00:05   #9594

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
What's funny with this article, may I ask you?
Well, have you read the article? I think the "funny" part is too obvious
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 00:17   #9595

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCO View Post
can somebody teel me why we dont use urugvanian players Cardacio ( new Pirlo )
and Viudez is maybe new KAKA
This playears ar in the frhist team LEo maybe will used them.
errrrrrrr....... maybe because they are crap? just frankly suggesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boing boing View Post
Looking at the way things have progressed in these last few days and the price dropping significantly, I think we will go through all these transfers. So, put a jolly smile on your face.
I share your optimism and sincerely hopes this is true, but if not, oh well, I'm starting to get used to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
Well, have you read the article? I think the "funny" part is too obvious
Yes and I really don't get it. Would it be kind for someone to explain where is the "funny" part? I'm no joking here.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 00:25   #9596

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
Yes and I really don't get it. Would it be kind for someone to explain where is the "funny" part? I'm no joking here.
""We have more money compared to Inter and we have more desire to spend".
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 00:37   #9597

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
""We have more money compared to Inter and we have more desire to spend".
i think that maybe the fans have more desire... not sure about the higher ups...
pirlofanusa is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 01:22   #9598

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
I think it's not exactly true to say that Berlu doesn't care about Milan. I think because of his political position, he can't spend his money on Milan.

Instead of looking at Berlu's latest comments as some sort of joke, I look at it as a politician would: he needs to ensure people that Milan is spending money from Milan's income, not from his. If he says Milan doesn't have money now, he will obviously be the one footing the bill. If he says Milan has more money than Inter, rather than he does, then that might be his way to force (most probably against the wishes of his advisors, the poor poor people) Milan to get some much needed transfer funds.
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 01:30   #9599

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
I think it's not exactly true to say that Berlu doesn't care about Milan. I think because of his political position, he can't spend his money on Milan.

Instead of looking at Berlu's latest comments as some sort of joke, I look at it as a politician would: he needs to ensure people that Milan is spending money from Milan's income, not from his. If he says Milan doesn't have money now, he will obviously be the one footing the bill. If he says Milan has more money than Inter, rather than he does, then that might be his way to force (most probably against the wishes of his advisors, the poor poor people) Milan to get some much needed transfer funds.
this is probably true

no matter what i would love to see 3-5 legit quality signings for somewhere between 30-45mil.
pirlofanusa is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 02:17   #9600

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I think you guys are reading too much into each statement from Berlu or Galli
Gabriel489 is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.