AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 13:59   #10036

MiamiMilanista

Registered User
 
MiamiMilanista's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Miami, FL
MiamiMilanista is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
I very much doubt that when Napoli talked about getting rid of players, they were talking about Santacroce. The reason why he has not been seriously linked with anyone (him going to Juve for 6m was crap) is because Napoli have no intention of selling.

If De Silvestri comes, he's obviously going to battling for a right-back spot, with Zambro taking up the left side. In light of recent rumors over Oddo, it seems that he has no intention of leaving, so I'm not so sure De Silvestri is actually coming. If he does, it probably will not mean Oddo leaves, in fact, it might just mean we have Oddo and De Silvestri on the right, with Zambro and Antonini on the left. Janku will be pushed into midfield, while our CBs would be Kaladze, Onyewu, Bonera, Favalli, Nesta, and Thiago Silva.

I just hope we don't grab Bale. I sincerely doubt we will, anyways. If his price is 12-15 million (that's what his agent said would be about right) then we might as well grab somebody much better, for much cheaper.

I still wonder, does anyone think Dossena is worth a shot?

Dossena would be a great pickup if possible. But again, there's been no link.
MiamiMilanista is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 14:41   #10037

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itakid View Post
nothing close to official yet, but what are your thoughts on this..
http://goal.com/en/news/10/italy/200...uld-love-milan
Of course he'd love to go from a turd club, where he's not close to 1st team to Milan.

He's a joke of a player, never seen him pay good ever.

Frankly I find the link shocking.

We are linked with Vargas. Much better option.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 14:58   #10038

OCmilano

Registered User
 
OCmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Southern California
Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Veron Accepts Massive Pay-Cut To Stay At Estudiantes
Yet again 'La Brujita' has demonstrated how devoted he is to the club...
7 Aug 2009 19:03:17
Photo GalleryZoom
Juan Sebastian Veron - Estudiantes-Campeon de Libertadores 09
Related Links
Teams
Estudiantes
Estudiantes de La Plata midfielder, Juan Sebastian Veron, accepted to receive a pay-cut of 40 percent from the salary he received last year to remain at the club. The rest he will donate to the club's amateur football side and will also buy a van that will take the youth players of the club to matches.

According to Argentine newspaper HOY, the news will become official on Friday afternoon, when Veron will attend a press conference at the golf Country Club along with Ruben Filipas, the president of the club. Then all of the details of his contract renovation will be announced to the press.

The decision is very surprising, because the player is willing to receive a salary that doesn't correspond to what he does on the football field for the side. Despite the fact that he has received lucrative offers from Europe, Brazil and Mexico, the veteran has shown his devotion to Los Pincharratas.

Formerly of Manchester United, Chelsea and Inter Milan, Veron is in a very comfortable position, and will continue to help the club financially.

Veron starred for Estudiantes as they lifted the Copa Libertadores for the first time in almost forty years. After such a historical triumph, Veron's next objective is for them to be crowned world champions at the Club World Cup in December.



Respect to Veron.
__________________
ROBINHO TIME
OCmilano is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 15:14   #10039

Dutchie-Milan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Fave Players: Gattuso,Huntelaar,Nesta and Abbiati
Dutchie-Milan is on a distinguished road
De Silvestri would be a great purchase,with Oddo going to Lazio or not.I cant believe it that some of you are saying that he would only be good for the depth,are you kidding me?Besides Zambrotta and Antonini(who also has many doubters)our fullbacks are crap,Janku was and will never be a even decent FB.And i dont blame him,he is a LM,why Carlo used him for LB in the past is still a mistery,probably because he had no choice....

De Silvestri is better then Oddo,better then Janku and maybe even better then Antonini,wich means he would be a huge upgrade as he would be a starter,so he would be a great buy.

He is young,regarded as one of the hottest talents by many,is Italian,is young and can provide that extra push that Leo is searching for on the wings for 90 minutes,in defence he isnt as good as Nesta i have to convince,but good enough to play for us.

So what the heck are some people complaining about,how could this not be a good buy,especially if we could dump Oddo at Lazio,that would make it a world buy.
Dutchie-Milan is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 15:16   #10040

Dutchie-Milan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Fave Players: Gattuso,Huntelaar,Nesta and Abbiati
Dutchie-Milan is on a distinguished road
And i hate it that people are using the fact that he is a benchwarmer for Lazio so that makes him not good enough for us...

He only sits on the bench because he has problems with the club,thats the major issue,its not his talents that are the issue,but his relationship with the club,and by the way Lichtsteiner is a amazing FB.
Dutchie-Milan is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 16:40   #10041

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie-Milan View Post
And i hate it that people are using the fact that he is a benchwarmer for Lazio so that makes him not good enough for us...

He only sits on the bench because he has problems with the club,thats the major issue,its not his talents that are the issue,but his relationship with the club,and by the way Lichtsteiner is a amazing FB.
he was a starter in 07/08.... the reason he was on bench was attitude conflict w/ coach... NOT talent.

Granted thats its own problem if he came, he couldstart here within a year. Whether he would now, i dunno... he is barely 21 and too attack oriented. He is a young zambrotta. Juve played zambro in midfield cause he overattacked. but de silvestri is alot strongre
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 16:43   #10042

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony75 View Post
Of course he'd love to go from a turd club, where he's not close to 1st team to Milan.

He's a joke of a player, never seen him pay good ever.

Frankly I find the link shocking.

We are linked with Vargas. Much better option.
bale turned 20 like 2 weeks ago. Kid has a rocket left, is big and not a bad defender... like all young attacking fb's he is over zealous but he could grow into something REALLY special
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 17:00   #10043

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
Do you honestly think Bale could come to Milan and play for us? I mean, honestly, this would be a huge surprise to me if we actually signed Bale.

You see the difference is in the footballing culture. I would rather take De Silvestri not because I think he is head-and-shoulders above Bale, but I think that Bale would cope with the level of tactics and cynical play that is found in the Italian game. Even for more seasoned British players, coming to Italy and this style of play is a culture shock to say the least.

De Silvestri would know how to deal with this sort of game, and I would think he could become accustomed to our style of play much quicker then Bale would.

Milano makes a good point, Zambro was originally a midfielder, and perhaps this is where Bale should play, but again, I think the footballing culture and the art form that defending is in Italy, I don't think Bale would be worth the amount of money for him.

I also think that the club is less interested in getting a left sided full back, then they are in just securing a good full back. Zambro can play on either flank without any real change in his performance, so I'm not sure if it matters what side our potential FB plays.

I wish we were linked with Dossena, he would be cheaper than 7 million, as that is what Liverpool paid, and he is obviously off-form at Liverpool, so I expect a 5-6 million price tag on the guy. He's not too old, at 27 and would be able to give us a more solid presence on the left side. I just don't get why we aren't linked to him when Napoli were purportedly his future destination.

I'd love to see Crisicito come here, and looking at the money that Roma paid for Marco Motta, I just wish we came in there and hijacked that deal, he is a top-class player.
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 17:11   #10044

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
Considering Juve just got smashed 4-1, are you still worried about them? I mean, I don't take pre-season too seriously, but, many here have used pre-season results as proof of our most certain demise, looks like Juve is coming down with us.
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 17:16   #10045

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Considering Juve just got smashed 4-1, are you still worried about them? I mean, I don't take pre-season too seriously, but, many here have used pre-season results as proof of our most certain demise, looks like Juve is coming down with us.
we got smashed 4-1 a week ago and all our other results have been pretty pisspoor.

Its pre-season. Juve are working a brand new system. Villareal has more or less a completely intact team/system
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 17:21   #10046

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Do you honestly think Bale could come to Milan and play for us? I mean, honestly, this would be a huge surprise to me if we actually signed Bale.

You see the difference is in the footballing culture. I would rather take De Silvestri not because I think he is head-and-shoulders above Bale, but I think that Bale would cope with the level of tactics and cynical play that is found in the Italian game. Even for more seasoned British players, coming to Italy and this style of play is a culture shock to say the least.

De Silvestri would know how to deal with this sort of game, and I would think he could become accustomed to our style of play much quicker then Bale would.

Milano makes a good point, Zambro was originally a midfielder, and perhaps this is where Bale should play, but again, I think the footballing culture and the art form that defending is in Italy, I don't think Bale would be worth the amount of money for him.

I also think that the club is less interested in getting a left sided full back, then they are in just securing a good full back. Zambro can play on either flank without any real change in his performance, so I'm not sure if it matters what side our potential FB plays.

I wish we were linked with Dossena, he would be cheaper than 7 million, as that is what Liverpool paid, and he is obviously off-form at Liverpool, so I expect a 5-6 million price tag on the guy. He's not too old, at 27 and would be able to give us a more solid presence on the left side. I just don't get why we aren't linked to him when Napoli were purportedly his future destination.

I'd love to see Crisicito come here, and looking at the money that Roma paid for Marco Motta, I just wish we came in there and hijacked that deal, he is a top-class player.
Bale is a top class talent, irregardless of where he is from. Yes he is rough around the edges, he is tall and strong and shown propensity to defend. If you are to be honest, he is better at defending than De Silvestri. I expect both to be top class, but young wingback's take time cause they over over attack. My point is for a certain price, i'd jump him. Look at left back position in the world? Evra is world class, clichy looks world class... there isnt alot else.

Leo's tactics will require fb's who attack not sit deep and defend. We are looking for young versions of zambrotta, cafu etc.

Dossena? Seriously, he is not good for the national team nor can he play for a top club, he did well for a mid table side, thats what he is... a mid table player.

Criscito? I love him, but i think his future lies at Cb. Despite what u see now, his ability to read the game makes him more of a CB. Once he grows stronger he'll do better there. As for motta v. de silvestri..... motta is 23, de silvestri is 21 and bale is barely 20. This is crucial for your consideration. De Silvestri and bale have been identified as a huge talents basically since they were young teens (14/15). It may take them a little time to come in on there potental but they will
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 17:23   #10047

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
Look, I said I don't really take pre-season too seriously, I just think it'd be interesting to see what doomsday advice we should give to Juve now.

The logic behind Juve's loss can be easily provided to our own.
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 19:05   #10048

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
http://goal.com/en/news/10/italy/200...argas-not-just

Vargas is good isnt he?
pirlofanusa is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 19:07   #10049

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Milan & Lazio Could Swap Massimo Oddo & Lorenzo De Silvestri
The two Italian sides could switch a couple of their defenders, who have a 12-year age difference between them...
7 Aug 2009 15:08:50
Photo GalleryZoom
Massimo Oddo, Milan (Foto Grazia Neri)
Related Links
Teams
Lazio
Milan
Players
Massimo Oddo
Lorenzo De Silvestri
According the qsvs.it, Milan and Lazio are considering swapping full-backs Massimo Oddo and Lorenzo De Silvestri.

The 21-year-old is considered a 'rebel' in the Biancocelesti camp as he has made it clear he would like to leave the club. His contract expires next summer, so Lazio are likely to make a move before losing him for nothing.

Meanwhile, veteran wing-back Oddo spent five successful seasons with the capital outfit before joining Milan in 2007 and would likely be welcomed back into the squad.

A condition of the deal is that the Rossoneri will have to remain paying a portion of the World Cup winner's salary, as his current wage is above the Biancocelesti’s financial means.

The report suggests a deal could even be completed by Saturday morning.

De Silvestri was recently included in Italy Under-21 coach Pierluigi Casiraghi's list of call-ups for a friendly against Russia.

Adam Scime, Goal.com
__________________
Galliani laughed: “I don’t know what his face looks like. Mine is ugly and is a Rossoneri face…”
guestes is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 19:08   #10050

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMilanista View Post
Guys, we have to be realistic as well. Unfortunately, mgmt believes we have enforced our central defense with the signing of Onyewu. Even though it was free, I agree with everyone, it's been a wasteful signing taking up a spot on the roster.

Also, we quite often throw Santacroce's name around. I dont think we've ever been linked with him, not even on the crap rumor sites (goal.com or tribal). Once the Mexes rumor faded, so did the Central Defense rumor.

The LB position continues to be tipped as well as the midfield. I think we should be looking at 1, maybe 2, more signings. It doesnt seem like central defense is in the cards...
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans...on-milan-radar
pirlofanusa is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.