AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 12:04   #10201

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
What has happened to us is pretty obvious bro...Berlu cant/wont spend this mercato...and its as simple as that.

The quicker we get used to that, the better...
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 10-08-2009, 12:12   #10202

Gio-mania

Registered User
 
Gio-mania's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Fave Players: Kaká, Ringhio, Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi etc
Gio-mania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwani13 View Post
can i just say that milan seem to be "settling" for van der vaart, if we get him at all, while teams such as inter are rumored to be in talks with sneijder who is clearly better. What has happened to us?
Where do you read such reports?

Also, for what its worth, he is the wrong player for us. We need someone who plays further back in the field (as well as a FB, CB and GK... FB most urgently)

Inter are the ones I hear linked more to VDV than Sneijder (it seams the loan deal didnt go through)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMilanista View Post
Can anyone fill me in on what is going on with our Keepers? When is Abbiati coming back? Where is Dida? I'm not comfortable with Storari or Kalac. The season kicks off in less than 2 weeks, I would love to know what the plan is for Siena and Inter quickly thereafter...
Abbiati will be back in business at the end of september. Dida I have no clue... (did he injure himself during training again?)
I have bad feeling Storari will be in goal during our first few matches.... Eto'o and Milito will be glad.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Gio-mania is offline  
Old 10-08-2009, 12:18   #10203

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Like Warro said...Huntelaar is basically Gourcuff's fee. Until I see otherwise I doubt we will be spending any significant amount of Kaka's transfer fee. 'Settling' for a player like VdV is better than doing nothing, if it happens. We should be ecstatic if one creative mid and one fullback is found before Sep.1
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline  
Old 10-08-2009, 12:23   #10204

Gio-mania

Registered User
 
Gio-mania's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Fave Players: Kaká, Ringhio, Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi etc
Gio-mania is on a distinguished road
I second Warro and Reza.

Although I'd like to add we should feel lucky even if we get just one more player.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Gio-mania is offline  
Old 10-08-2009, 12:23   #10205

Dutchie-Milan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Fave Players: Gattuso,Huntelaar,Nesta and Abbiati
Dutchie-Milan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
What has happened to us is pretty obvious bro...Berlu cant/wont spend this mercato...and its as simple as that.

The quicker we get used to that, the better...
TRUE.I am happy with having Storari in goal,no problemo for me.Its not the goalkeeper but the defense that has to be right,and with Nesta,Silva and a new decent FB instead of the weak defending Janku that cant stop Maicon,Storari should rescue it.
Dutchie-Milan is offline  
Old 10-08-2009, 12:25   #10206

johncharles365

Registered User
 
johncharles365's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2009
Location: london
Fave Players: maldini, flamini, shevchenko, leonardo, albertini
johncharles365 is on a distinguished road
Milan still have some of the fee from the sale of primavera players and possibly the sale of kaladze there is some cash available hopefully between 9-13 million euros. plus it has been reported that berlusconi will allow Milan to use some of the cash from the kaka sale to buy a new player this mercato shouldn't be over for milan yet, it may depend on getting rid of 2or 3 players in order to keep the wage bill down.
johncharles365 is offline  
Old 10-08-2009, 12:40   #10207

Lebanese

Registered User
 
Lebanese's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
How quickly we forget that Kaladze was a part of a UCL winning team...on both occasions that we won it....

Yes, he has lost form, but its disingenius to say that he never was Milan material IMO.

What I will agree with, is that he certainly isn't Milan material now.
everything has an end.
__________________
Quote:
" ...I'm sure this will be my last stop, there is nothing more than Milan, Milan is the best for me. Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
Lebanese is offline  
Old 10-08-2009, 12:42   #10208

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipéz 182 View Post
Kaladze never impressed me and I've never seen him as one of our best defenders! he is a player who can fck up about every time doesnt matter how good he is playing! he isnt and he never was milan class, we should definetly sell him if we got the chance!
Well, he was brought for 17M or something like that. At 2003-2006 he was definitely our best left-back and always starting. He was the first option for Abramovich's new Chelsea for LB position and only when they didn't get our permission then they signed Del Horno and Ashley Cole. Then he gradually moved to CB position and proven to be decent backup as Nesta and Maldini were hit with injury.

He now isn't what he was, but at least he WAS great player for us. And if we were to sell him, 4M is way too cheap. Oddo is 4M. Not Kaladze.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!

Last edited by ZvonimirBoban; 10-08-2009 at 12:45.
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 10-08-2009, 12:45   #10209

Lebanese

Registered User
 
Lebanese's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
Mate, you must not have been watching us in the first half of this decade.
Kaladze has always been a stable defender. He started at Left-back and gradually got moved into the center as his speed decreased. He's got good enough quality to have stayed in Milan for the past 9 years and to have won everything possible at club level in Italy there is to be won. Need I remind you that he played 46 games in all competitions in 02-03 when we won both the copa Italia and the CL, hardly a push-over statistic.

He's stable enough in the middle, but unfortunately, most of his mistakes are high-profile ones, which makes bandwagon fans like you hate him. The fact that he's not getting any younger might make fans disrespect him, but remember this: You think Olivera had it tough coming to Milan with his sister being kidnapped and then released? Kala had it way tougher. He came to Milan the very year his brother Leven was kidnapped for ransom. Under those conditions he played his heart out for us, won everything for us, and the return he gets is news that his brother had been murdered, after 5 years time.

Just because he's not good enough to outlast Paolo or Billy doesn't give anyone the right to slant anything which he's accomplished with this team, least of all people like you.

Seriously, I really doubt anyone could outlast Paolo or Billy...
man kaladze won everything for us. he was the main reason we won the champions league 2003 and 2007. but thats life you can no longer trust a slow error prone defender, any fan would hate it. a bandwagon fan or a hardcore milan fan like your self. just tell me mr. ultras how did you feel when you watched kaladze against inter this year ? 2nd leg
__________________
Quote:
" ...I'm sure this will be my last stop, there is nothing more than Milan, Milan is the best for me. Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
Lebanese is offline  
Old 10-08-2009, 12:46   #10210

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
I don't think Storari is that big a problem, well, at least as a shot-stopper. He does not command his box very well, that's what scares me. However, he's much more reliable than Kalac, and Storari doesn't make many full-blown mistakes.

In terms of VdV, I think he's a great player, but, I think the debate that Leonardo will be having is whether or not VdV wants to work very hard as part of our midfield.

I was reading an article about the Legendary Milan midfield, and I thought the writer was going to talk about Milan from the 90's, but, he spoke of players who still play for us now. Pirlo, Gattuso, were praised, but, the player that I forgot about was Seedorf.

Seedorf truly was a great player. I think he is an incredibly rare player to find. Someone with a powerful engine, hard-working, and plenty of creativity. I can't think of a player on the market that matches that sort of balance, Essien is not creative enough, nor is Mascherano. Cambiasso isn't even close, nor is De Rossi. The only player I can think of, was Emre, but, he played like Pirlo did when he was pulling the strings for Inter.

If VdV can be "converted" from a true attacking midfielder, to a more Seedorf-styled midfielder, then I think he can be a great success. Plus, whatever play he would get from being at Milan, especially in that should Ronaldinho fall behind, he would probably take that spot, he would most surely get into the Holland squad.

That being said, I would be very surprised if we get him. I would be happy, but, I'd be surprised, none-the-less. I think Ronaldinho is going to be far more reliable than we think, and the way he holds up the ball is great, and even though that should be our striker's job, he has been able to do that. I think we haven't seen the real Ronaldinho because he's had to do so many extra things that he shouldn't have to do, i.e. holding up the ball. Same thing goes for Pirlo.

The reality is that if a FB comes in to help Zambrotta, then I'm not sure VdV is even needed. We saw that against Benfica, in order for Pirlo to even work he has to have one DM help him. So if we intend to use Pirlo (which we obviously do) then playing Flamini and Gattuso on either side is how we're going to make the system work.

I just want to see Huntelaar playing with our squad, I think his introduction will seriously change the way Milan plays, just because he will actually be able to hold onto the ball, and take pressure off of other players, which will just change the entire way each player can play.

When is our next game?
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 10-08-2009, 12:54   #10211

MiamiMilanista

Registered User
 
MiamiMilanista's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Miami, FL
MiamiMilanista is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post

When is our next game?
I believe it's this Friday. The Trofeo TIM with Inter and Juventus (45 min matches). It's following international matches this Wednesday so i'm really not sure what kind of squad will be playing these matches.
MiamiMilanista is offline  
Old 10-08-2009, 12:58   #10212

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Too bad Bernabeu Cup against Madrid is cancelled. I really want us to win against Kaka'...
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 10-08-2009, 13:02   #10213

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
any chance we could move Abbiati+~2 mil for Federico Marchetti?
pirlofanusa is offline  
Old 10-08-2009, 13:16   #10214

Ryo

Registered User
 
Ryo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Ryo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese View Post
man kaladze won everything for us. he was the main reason we won the champions league 2003 and 2007. but thats life you can no longer trust a slow error prone defender, any fan would hate it. a bandwagon fan or a hardcore milan fan like your self. just tell me mr. ultras how did you feel when you watched kaladze against inter this year ? 2nd leg
Lebanese, seriously, its not about whether everything has an end. In the end its all about respect. Just because he's been going downhill doesn't give anyone the right to slander everything that the man has done for this club for the past 9 years. If you read into Filipéz's comment, I'm sure you'll be just as doubtful about his knowledge of football, as well as his love and objective knowledge about the team.

Lets face it, how many teams can boast about having squads of players that have won more than one champions league medal? I mean, entire squads. These guys are legends in their own rights.

Having a go with Kaladze just shows how ignorant the man has been about the club in general for the past decade, if you catch my drift.

Last edited by Ryo; 10-08-2009 at 13:19.
Ryo is offline  
Old 10-08-2009, 13:19   #10215

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
Too bad Bernabeu Cup against Madrid is cancelled. I really want us to win against Kaka'...
I think it is too good!!!!

Can you imagine in 3 days we have to go to Madrid playing and return to face Inter?
Maltese Charlie is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:54.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.