AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-08-2009, 23:04   #10516

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I actually thought the reason why Carlo did not play Mattioni much was an instruction from MGT in order to lower the buying fees later.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 13-08-2009, 23:48   #10517

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Barcelona may have seen (how I'm not sure) some potential in the player....which Carlo overlooked.... as was the case with the CD (Pique?) they aquired from Man U, that had such an impact at the tail-end of last season.

It won't b the 1st time, or the last, that our garbage is another club's treasure.

To be fair though, in the not too distant past, we have benefitted from taking our cousin's trash, (Pirlo and Seedorf) and turning them into diamonds.

Pity that we haven't been able to do that recently...however our luck is bound to change again for the better...hopefully sooner rather than later...as we will need all the luck we can get this coming season.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 13-08-2009, 23:54   #10518

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
I actually thought the reason why Carlo did not play Mattioni much was an instruction from MGT in order to lower the buying fees later.
Wow, what a fantasy today...
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 14-08-2009, 00:18   #10519

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
Barcelona may have seen (how I'm not sure) some potential in the player....which Carlo overlooked.... as was the case with the CD (Pique?) they aquired from Man U, that had such an impact at the tail-end of last season.

It won't b the 1st time, or the last, that our garbage is another club's treasure.

To be fair though, in the not too distant past, we have benefitted from taking our cousin's trash, (Pirlo and Seedorf) and turning them into diamonds.

Pity that we haven't been able to do that recently...however our luck is bound to change again for the better...hopefully sooner rather than later...as we will need all the luck we can get this coming season.
pique was regarded as a large talent from man utd, but where would he play.... surely not over vidic and ferdinand. He wanted to move back to barca (he's from there youth system like fabregas moved to england at 15 or 16). Man U respected his wishes....Fergie also had johnny evans who was above pique on there depth chart... same age, and probably a better fit. But pique did play in 07-08 for man u, a little in league, mostly in cups...
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 14-08-2009, 02:31   #10520

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Pique is by no means trash from ManU. Actually if then Brown was a bit more solid and Rio was less reckless. ManU would have probably waited for Evans and Pique to mature for another year or two instead of signing Vidic.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 14-08-2009, 02:32   #10521

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
Wow, what a fantasy today...
You are talking about a MGT that created Dental problems for players in order to lower the fees.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 14-08-2009, 03:07   #10522

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
You are talking about a MGT that created Dental problems for players in order to lower the fees.
...which in the end turned out to be a smart decision in disguise, as Porto were clearly trying to rip us off in the deal.
Blacktop is offline  
Old 14-08-2009, 03:27   #10523

kris

Jedi Master
 
kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Viking land
Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
pique was regarded as a large talent from man utd, but where would he play.... surely not over vidic and ferdinand. He wanted to move back to barca (he's from there youth system like fabregas moved to england at 15 or 16). Man U respected his wishes....Fergie also had johnny evans who was above pique on there depth chart... same age, and probably a better fit. But pique did play in 07-08 for man u, a little in league, mostly in cups...
I seem to remember he didn't go to Barcelona from ManU. He did instead move to another Spanish club that Barcelona later bought him from.
__________________
If you are woman, PM me.
kris is offline  
Old 14-08-2009, 03:33   #10524

kris

Jedi Master
 
kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Viking land
Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.I. View Post
i ve been wondering why dont we get lugano????
Probably something to do with us already having to many CBs. I don't think we need more players in the stands.
__________________
If you are woman, PM me.
kris is offline  
Old 14-08-2009, 03:51   #10525

Ceceves

Registered User
 
Ceceves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Ceceves is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
I seem to remember he didn't go to Barcelona from ManU. He did instead move to another Spanish club that Barcelona later bought him from.
No, he was on loan with Zaragoza in the 06-07 season, then the next season he sat on the bench at United, who sold him to Barca a year ago.
Ceceves is offline  
Old 14-08-2009, 04:01   #10526

Itakid

Registered User
 
Itakid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2009
Itakid is on a distinguished road
i don't regret us not buying cissokho because he's nothing very special, theres better out there.. I think i would be the most happy with signing drenthe
Itakid is offline  
Old 14-08-2009, 04:07   #10527

Ceceves

Registered User
 
Ceceves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Ceceves is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itakid View Post
i don't regret us not buying cissokho because he's nothing very special, theres better out there.. I think i would be the most happy with signing drenthe
I'd take Cissokho over Drenthe anyday. Like most in here I have seen only a few matches of Cissokho, but what I saw was very promising - and that I cannot say about Drenthe, when he has played at LB. And there's nothing strange about that, as the man simply isn't a defender, and I don't think even training with Zambrotta and Nesta could change that.
Ceceves is offline  
Old 14-08-2009, 04:30   #10528

Gio-mania

Registered User
 
Gio-mania's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Fave Players: Kaká, Ringhio, Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi etc
Gio-mania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceceves View Post
I'd take Cissokho over Drenthe anyday. Like most in here I have seen only a few matches of Cissokho, but what I saw was very promising - and that I cannot say about Drenthe, when he has played at LB. And there's nothing strange about that, as the man simply isn't a defender, and I don't think even training with Zambrotta and Nesta could change that.
He is 22. At this point we cannot help him out much. Maybe if we bought him 15 years back, so he could learn from Baresi and Maldini.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Gio-mania is offline  
Old 14-08-2009, 04:42   #10529

Patistico

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Patistico is on a distinguished road
Anyone see Italy v Swiss today? G Rossi was the life of our attack.

I know we have Dinho and Pato in the team, and I'm all for buying positions we actually need, but this would be one pick up I would absolutely love.

I'm convinced he'll be the life of the Azzurri for years to come.
Patistico is offline  
Old 14-08-2009, 05:16   #10530

marcos cafu 2

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
marcos cafu 2 is on a distinguished road
yeah when is the trofeo tim and will streams be put up somewhere
marcos cafu 2 is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.