AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-08-2009, 06:49   #10666

DUCO

Registered User
 
DUCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2007
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: Nesta ,Gourcuff,RIVERA,Kaka,Pato,MALDINI,Sheva
DUCO is on a distinguished road
**** Cesc bring Van Der Vart and we gona ween Skuteto an LS
__________________
NO KAKA NO PARTY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HQLt...eature=related

GAME OVER
DUCO is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 07:06   #10667

Faяouk

Registered User
 
Join Date: 12 2007
Fave Players: Inzaghi and many others who don't fit here!
Faяouk is on a distinguished road
I have a feeling that Van der Vaart will end up at Inter. I hope I'm wrong though, he'll be a great addition to our squad.

And don't underestimate Berlusconi, I wouldn't bulls-hit the Fabregas rumor yet. We all know that in football (and life generally) everything is possible. Even Kaka the saint left us to Madrid, plus when Berlu falls in love with a player he gives himself a nice treat and buys him. Maybe I'm being over optimistic but we've been heavily linked with Fab for some time and it might come true, it's so like Berlusconi.

Anyway if we don't get Fabregas then I hope we get Van der Vaart and unleash the dutch duet! And still we're going to have a shi.t season...
__________________
Forza Milan!
Milan campione!
forza Milan il Milan olè..
Faяouk is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 07:06   #10668

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
This is probably what happens when all the optimistic people realize that despite their optimism, nothing significant has been done to reinforce us, and with time ticking away and results all going against us, it really is getting hard to stay positive :P

Bring on all the pessimistic people.
Bring them on? Damn. I thought they'd been here all summer!

Well, I hate to remain positive because I know how it irks all you worry warts who are convinced that the sky is falling, but preseason is just preseason. If Milan is facing relegation based on preseason results, then so is Liverpool. They were bloody awful against Espanyol and Atletico Madrid.

Here's the way I see it. Milan was good enough last year to finish level on points with Juve in a tie for second place. Kaka was sold, which of course was a big blow. Maldini retired, but my hero is 41 years old. Do you really want a 41-year-old whose body is breaking down out there again? I don't, no matter how much I cried after his final game. Aside from those two, all the key players from last year are back except for Beckham, who it seems will likely once again join the club in January as he did last year. Sheva and Senderos, who were only here on loan anyway, were virtually irrelevant.

On the positive side, Milan has added a fantastic goalscoring striker in Huntelaar (someone they could have used last year) and a talented young CB in Thiago Silva, as well as Onyewu as a backup. They've also added Abate, who can give the team pace and appears to be someone who can develop into an important player. An experienced backup goalkeeper has been brought in after Kalac was so awful in the preseason. Apparently the club is still looking to bring in a much-needed fullback.

Also on the positive side, Nesta, Gattuso and Borriello seem to be healthy after basically missing all of last season with injuries. Abbiati, who was often brilliant last year, has recovered well, is training and targeting a mid-September return. Nesta is still one of the best center backs in the world when he's healthy. Honestly, I don't see how anyone can doubt that Milan will be better off with the pairing of Nesta and Silva than last year when Maldini and Favalli were almost a combined 80 years old and, frankly, had an awful time keeping up with speedy forwards. Gattuso has been the heart and soul of Milan for years. He's the club's inspirational leader and his aggressive play should again win a ton of balls in midfield.

The big thing right now is getting used to a new coach and a new system. That's what preseason is for. Maybe Milan won't be in full gear to start the season, but this is a talented and experienced squad and I can't imagine that things won't start to click before too long. It's true that Leonardo is not an experienced coach. I myself expressed the sentiment when Leonardo was first rumored to be in line to replace Carlo that I would prefer a more experienced coach. But Leonardo is the coach we have. We need to give him time to grow and to show us what he can do. I think Guardiola and Zola have proven that you don't have to have a ton of experience to do the job. So we need to give Leonardo a chance.

It's true that Inter and Juve have added some players (although Inter also lost their best player). Maybe Milan can compete with them for the Scudetto. Maybe not. But the idea that Milan has suddenly become worse than Fiorentina, Genoa, Napoli, etc., etc., etc., is preposterous. I see no reason to believe that Milan can't finish in the top 3 again this year and if they do that will be enough for now.

None of us can really say how things will go until Milan gets a number of regular season games under their belts. So rather than relegate the team based on preseason, let's wait awhile and see how things are going around the first of October at least before we start jumping off bridges.
__________________
Forza Milan!

Last edited by Rick; 16-08-2009 at 07:14.
Rick is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 09:50   #10669

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
Warro is that you? What happened to your "every little thing is gonna be alright" posts? When warro runs out of kool aid you know you're screwed
Losing twice to the Merde in the space of a few weeks can do that to a man....
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 10:43   #10670

TheGrinch

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Heart of the Alps
TheGrinch is on a distinguished road
A day without any new rumours - last time we ended up with an american defender, hopefully it's a sign that there will be a new player...
TheGrinch is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 10:47   #10671

Jasper

Registered User
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Jasper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
Losing twice to the Merde in the space of a few weeks can do that to a man....
Stay strong. It seems Cambiasso is going under the knife and in two weeks we shall get our Revenge.

Am I the only one who already thinks about the derby?
Jasper is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 10:51   #10672

Ryo

Registered User
 
Ryo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Ryo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
Losing twice to the Merde in the space of a few weeks can do that to a man....
As much as I hate saying this, don't think its over yet.
By Monday night we might also have lost to Juve twice in the space of a few days as well....


And if friendlies are anything to go by, Liverpool should be losing to Spurs right now.
Oh look, surprise surprise! They are!

Last edited by Ryo; 16-08-2009 at 10:54.
Ryo is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 10:52   #10673

M.O.I.

Registered User
 
M.O.I.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Fave Players: nesta,paolo,kaka,sheva(not $heva) and me..
M.O.I. has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrinch View Post
A day without any new rumours - last time we ended up with an american defender, hopefully it's a sign that there will be a new player...
it depends on who we shall sign..i guess..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Stay strong. It seems Cambiasso is going under the knife and in two weeks we shall get our Revenge.

Am I the only one who already thinks about the derby?
well we play siena out one week earlier,and i really think it ll be difficult to win under these circumstances..
__________________
AC Milan Prediction League Champion 2008-09
Serie A Prediction League Champion 2008-09


"2+2=5"
M.O.I. is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 11:04   #10674

Centre

Registered User
 
Centre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Centre is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Am I the only one who already thinks about the derby?
nope...

we arent ready... hopefully something changes in the next week

Centre is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 11:07   #10675

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post


And if friendlies are anything to go by, Liverpool should be losing to Spurs right now.
Oh look, surprise surprise! They are!
Yes, of course, Liverpool's season is as good as over and they're out of Europe next year for sure because they had a horrible preseason and are now trailing Spurs 1-0 at halftime at White Hart Lane (where, coincidentally, Liverpool lost not just once, but twice last year).
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 11:11   #10676

rosoneri_11

Registered User
 
rosoneri_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: I'm behind you!
Fave Players: P.Maldini,Gattuso,Van Basten
rosoneri_11 is on a distinguished road
Sorry but even if fabregas come what will change.
This team needs 2 great full backs, 2 fullbacks are more needed than febregas.
rosoneri_11 is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 11:34   #10677

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
Losing twice to the Merde in the space of a few weeks can do that to a man....
Stay strong bro All we need is a good left back forget Fabregas. (can't believe i'm the +ve one now)
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 11:36   #10678

M.O.I.

Registered User
 
M.O.I.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Fave Players: nesta,paolo,kaka,sheva(not $heva) and me..
M.O.I. has disabled reputation
liverpool are looking horrible right now..

how i wish we could buy mondric btw,he impresses me every single time..
what a player..
__________________
AC Milan Prediction League Champion 2008-09
Serie A Prediction League Champion 2008-09


"2+2=5"
M.O.I. is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 11:54   #10679

Ryo

Registered User
 
Ryo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Ryo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Yes, of course, Liverpool's season is as good as over and they're out of Europe next year for sure because they had a horrible preseason and are now trailing Spurs 1-0 at halftime at White Hart Lane (where, coincidentally, Liverpool lost not just once, but twice last year).
Now, now rick. They might not be out of Europe next year, I would expect they'd still be able to make it into the Europa league spots.

Full-time and they lose 2-1. Played some entertaining stuff though, just couldn't convert them into goals. Sound familiar?

Last edited by Ryo; 16-08-2009 at 11:59.
Ryo is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 11:58   #10680

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Seeing as we were talking about mobile CM's who work for the team, how is Luca Modric doing at Tottenham? Does it look like he might want a move away from England any time soon?
Mystik is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.