AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-08-2009, 17:22   #10726

Jay Crisp

Registered User
 
Jay Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
no way italy is more physical than england. Go watch any of the bottom 10 or so english teams, they r all a bunch of goons.
Bottom 10 Milano84 watch any team outside of the to 4 make that 6 man city and villa included. That league as a whole is garbage outside the top 6 no1 plays football its hit and hope and rush. And its the best league around rubbish its exciting because its fast and the sky presentation is great but football wise it puts me to sleep..zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Jay Crisp is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 17:25   #10727

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patistico View Post
Are we keeping it for the winter transfer period? Is that how it works? Or would a non-EU winter transfer use up one of our spots for next year (as opposed to our 1 remaining spot for this year).
our management seems to have no problem trading losses for less money.

I imagine de silvestri will NOT arrive summer, cause of injury situation. That being said winter he'll be cheap cause he can essentially walk for free....

Hernanes will be similar situation, he is primed to live brazil just like thiago silva, but by january his fee will be lower :-/

Now i'm not saying we should be out there overspending... the way real madrid and man city spend is not sustainable model.... but lets get some sort of balance.

What i'm taking from berlusconi is he's fed up of being a joke known as a retirement home, which i y he is anti-beckham etc. But on the otherhand he is also fed up w/ any young player who shows 3 good games demanding 15 million euros, ESPECIALLY IN A RECESSION. I cant blame him, in both cases he is right. I dont think he's out of touch, but he's playing some sort of waiting game.... and i'm not optomistic.
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 17:27   #10728

Centre

Registered User
 
Centre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Centre is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
I dont think he's out of touch, but he's playing some sort of waiting game.... and i'm not optomistic.
both?

Centre is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 17:51   #10729

M.O.I.

Registered User
 
M.O.I.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Fave Players: nesta,paolo,kaka,sheva(not $heva) and me..
M.O.I. has disabled reputation
Struggling Milan Will Make One Big Signing - Luciano Moggi
The former director believes that the Rossoneri need to do better during this transfer market if they want to compete with Inter and Juventus.
16 Aug 2009 21:18:24
Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi has had plenty to say on his former club recently


Former transfer guru Luciano Moggi thinks that Milan are not good enough to finish above third place this season as they still have a few problems to solve, particularly in the defensive department.

However, Moggi believes that the Rossoneri's president Silvio Berlusconi still has an important signing up his sleeve.

"Berlusconi will invent something," declared the former Juventus director to ilsussidiario.net.

"Milan have a big defensive problem. The first point is definitely tied to the goalkeeper: with [Flavio] Roma and [Marco] Storari they have not solved the defensive problems.

"For an ambitious club like Milan this is a serious thing. However, the Rossoneri are a squad who frightens and this is already 50% to beat the teams of a medium level.

"In the end they will finish in third place, which is worth the entrance to the Champions League."

Milan will face Juventus on Monday evening in the classic Berlusconi Cup which precedes the start of the Serie A scheduled for next week, with the Rossoneri facing Siena away from home on Saturday evening.

Glenn Debattista
__________________
AC Milan Prediction League Champion 2008-09
Serie A Prediction League Champion 2008-09


"2+2=5"
M.O.I. is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 18:07   #10730

SixOneFive

Registered User
 
SixOneFive's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Ronaldinho, Nesta
SixOneFive is on a distinguished road
Hope he's right.
SixOneFive is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 18:21   #10731

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Moggi mite know a lot more about football, and in particular, the Serie A than I do, but I have to disagree with him here.

To-date we have shown that we have nothing going on team wise, especially in attack....and no one player is going to change that...honestly, the way we are playing, I doubt even the addition of Messi would make a big enough impact on the collective play of the side....(Or maybe I'm just jaded)

R80 is unconvincing, and Pato doesn't seem fully ready to shoulder the burden of being the team's "go-to guy"...+ Leo hasn't been able to motivate the team at all....

It remains to b seen what a fit Hunter will bring to the table...

So, I beg to differ from the "transfer guru" as I think we will be out of european places by Jan, and in the bottom half of the table after the winter break.

Wonder if that would spark a reaction from Berlu?
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 18:33   #10732

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
Moggi mite know a lot more about football, and in particular, the Serie A than I do, but I have to disagree with him here.

To-date we have shown that we have nothing going on team wise, especially in attack....and no one player is going to change that...honestly, the way we are playing, I doubt even the addition of Messi would make a big enough impact on the collective play of the side....(Or maybe I'm just jaded)

R80 is unconvincing, and Pato doesn't seem fully ready to shoulder the burden of being the team's "go-to guy"...+ Leo hasn't been able to motivate the team at all....

It remains to b seen what a fit Hunter will bring to the table...

So, I beg to differ from the "transfer guru" as I think we will be out of european places by Jan, and in the bottom half of the table after the winter break.

Wonder if that would spark a reaction from Berlu?

I respectfully disagree with your opinion here. I think what Moggi was trying to say was that the one major addition to this squad is what is going to take us from being a mid level team to third place. As it stands, and this team isn't even good enough to challenge for the third spot without Ronaldinho suddenly finding his old form again. With a Kaka level signing, however, we can still challenge the CL spot and end up in third place. Sure, one player, no matter how great he is, will not make us into a CL champion or help us become a serious challenger for Serie A, but he will improve our team considerably. Rome wasn't built in a day, and Milan has to rebuild one player at a time.
slifersd is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 19:07   #10733

SixOneFive

Registered User
 
SixOneFive's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Ronaldinho, Nesta
SixOneFive is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd View Post
Rome wasn't built in a day, and Milan has to rebuild one player at a time.
Roma still ****in sucks though.
SixOneFive is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 19:15   #10734

Centre

Registered User
 
Centre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Centre is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post

So, I beg to differ from the "transfer guru" as I think we will be out of european places by Jan, and in the bottom half of the table after the winter break
i dont really have a good feeling about this season but i think
bottom half of the table is a bit of a stretch... our team isnt that bad...
Centre is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 19:40   #10735

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Hey Slifersd, no probs...I don't expect everyone to agree with me, and I like the way u have stated ur disagreement...

However, if we take a closer look at both arguments, we seem to be saying the same thing, though my version may b a bit more pessimistic....the point remains: it would take a "Kaka" type purchase to get us to the UCL places this season....and my point is that I don't think it will happen.

And becuz it won't happen, we are potentially capable of going on a downward spiral that any coach would find difficult to counter, and an inexperienced coach I fear will find impossible.

I'm just looking at the coming season as a glass that is half-full, (with the potential to fall off the counter and shatter at any minute.)
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 19:49   #10736

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Crisp View Post
Bottom 10 Milano84 watch any team outside of the to 4 make that 6 man city and villa included. That league as a whole is garbage outside the top 6 no1 plays football its hit and hope and rush. And its the best league around rubbish its exciting because its fast and the sky presentation is great but football wise it puts me to sleep..zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Keep saying that but Milan can't beat a horrid Portsmouth side. Go watch tottenham, modric, corluka, palacio and Defoe could probably walk into milans lineup and I don't even think they're a great team. How about everton? I bet we'd love arteta for one. Hell I'd take tim cahill. Fulhams defender hangeland could walk into our first 11. I could keep going... Look I prefer serie a cause of the creativity of play and variations of tactics but the arrogance of Italy thinking there's no real talent in englang outside the top 4 is a reason Italy had fallen second rate.

Btw on the defense point it's fair to say the only tee world class defenders ( I'm not counting nests just cause off injury it's to be seen how he'll play) r in England. Italys best defender (cheillini) wouldn't sniff time in englands top 4.
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 19:52   #10737

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centre View Post
i dont really have a good feeling about this season but i think
bottom half of the table is a bit of a stretch... our team isnt that bad...
Bro....hav u seen us play this pre-season?

Even with significant improvements, I don't see us beating the likes of Napoli, Fiorentina, Udinese, Roma or Lazio to the European spots....so if we assume we won't win any of our games vs Inter and Juve, we are easily in 8th spot...a few draws, and we are in the bottom half of the table....
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 19:55   #10738

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
At the rate we are going, I have major doubts we can get a result (and by that I mean points) vs Siena in our 1st game of the season....
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 19:57   #10739

Luca03

Registered User
 
Luca03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Fave Players: PATO.
Luca03 is on a distinguished road
I'm not saying our defense is great, but if there is CONSTANT pressure on it, then they will conceede, it's common sense. If Ronaldinho keeps losing balls, and giving them away like samples, them repetitive counter attacks will get to us.

We need an attack that can hold the ball and create something out of it. Really, Abate and Flamini look like the only two players that can win possesion and hold it.
Luca03 is offline  
Old 16-08-2009, 20:46   #10740

Patistico

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Patistico is on a distinguished road
In no way am I optimistic about winning any titles this season, but I certainly do think many here are being overly pessimistic. I think Rick's post was spot on. I add some opinion below.

From last year, we've lost:
------------------

Kaka. Not the Ballon d'Or Kaka that won us the CL, but rather a Kaka whose game was relatively mediocre (though his presence was enough to keep defenders occupied and open space for others) and who was continually bothered by injury.

Carlo. Certainly one of the greatest coaches, but who had developed strong friendships with players that negatively affected his choices, and who also played relatively defensively against many weaker teams.



Thus far, we've gained:
------------------

A thus-far healthy Nesta, who even in his current form is pure class.

Silva, who in my opinion has been VERY good in pre-season and has formed a great understanding with Nesta.

Gattuso, who was consistently our best player last season before getting injured.

Abate: not very effective yet, but hopefully we can figure out how to benefit from his pace.

Leonardo. Who doesn't display the same nepotism towards Seedorf as Carlo did. Not having to play Seedorf every game from the start is a fantastic benefit that we shouldn't underestimate.

Huntelaar: Really, a quality striker who scored a goal in almost every game at Ajax. I know it was the Dutch league, but if you've seen him play I'm sure you were impressed. Hopefully he will settle in soon.

Borriello: Disappointing pre-season. I don't have much hope for him. I think he can most wisely be used as bait for a transfer for a proper player.

Dinho (b/c he actually gets playing time now). Certainly not as effective as Kaka, but good enough that we can't just simply say "we lost Kaka without replacement". We got Dinho instead; even if he's only 60% of Kaka, that means we only lost 40% of Kaka.

------------------

So all in all, I think we have a stronger side than last year... as long as we stay healthy. If the team can gel together, I think we'll be competitive and clinch 3rd. All this talk about "relegation" is pure nonsense... and probably should not be mentioned again.

Inter lost Ibra and still have not found a creative replacement. Milito is definitely a great striker, but doesn't have the creativity of Ibra. I think Inter will face some difficulty next year as a result.

Juve have improved with the signing of Diego, but IMO Diego isn't a HUGE improvement over Seba. Unless they can figure out how to effectively play Seba and Diego together, I don't think the 25M for Diego was worth the marginal improvement over Seba. And Cannavaro is nowhere near his prime.

Other teams like Fiorentina, Udinese, and Lazio have certainly improved, but not enough to overtake Milan.

The starting XI is really only missing a full back and Dinho in better shape. Subs of course are a different issue.

------------------

And I definitely don't think that preseason was a fair indicator of our abilities. Rarely did we play with the starting XI (if ever, I can't remember). And Leo clearly was trying players in different positions.
Patistico is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.