AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-08-2009, 15:23   #781

TheGrinch

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Heart of the Alps
TheGrinch is on a distinguished road
I think Cardacio and Viudez haven't played a single game since we're back in europe, don't know if they played in the US tour.

I would count Ronaldinho as a midfielder too as long as he plays behind Pato, Inzaghi, Hunterlaar, etc. .
TheGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 15:29   #782

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
Ancelotti's debut season with us didn't have a pre-season. If I remember it correctly, Ancelotti took it over from Terim in October (or November) of 2001 after Inzaghi missed the penalty at the last minute and Milan lost 0-1 at Torino.
Yeah Fatih Terim got sacked after 10 games. What I meant by debut season, was his first season as a manager, not his first season at Milan. After all this is Leonardo's first season as a manager.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 15:40   #783

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
leo wont be the problem when we fail...
__________________
Milano84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 20:13   #784

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
leo wont be the problem when we fail...
"When" we fail? And I thought I was pessimistic!!

He won't be "the" problem, just part of it.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 22:06   #785

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by K77SH C View Post
Yeah Fatih Terim got sacked after 10 games. What I meant by debut season, was his first season as a manager, not his first season at Milan. After all this is Leonardo's first season as a manager.
I see your point. then again, Ancelotti's first season was with Reggiana, which wasn't exactly comparable to Leo's being with Milan either.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 22:52   #786

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Actually, who are we playing tomorrow? Sorry busy working .

Like Warro, I'm not optimistic; I am even following Chelsea just to see how (good/bad) Carlo is doing. Obviously he just saved himself from being sacked in the first day of premier league (and liverpool ).

And when is Serie A going to begin officially? I can't wait to see how Milan got (unfortunately) owned, and how Galliani said, "we have a world-cup winner called Oddo".

-j
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 02:37   #787

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I suspect we'll see something not too far off our first team lineup tonight. It'll be interesting.

Jeff, we're facing Juve.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 02:42   #788

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
yup, tonight will be treated as a Serie A game as it is our last pre-season game..... tonight the team we will see will be the team that will start the first serie A game more or less.... do you guys think we will Pato-Boriello up front? or We'll see Pippo/KJH instead?
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 09:45   #789

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Called up:

Storari, Roma; Antonini, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Nesta, Oddo, Onyewu, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta; Abate, Flamini, Gattuso, Pirlo; Borriello, Huntelaar, Inzaghi, Pato, Ronaldinho.

Lets guess

-----------Storari--------------
Zam----Nesta----Silva----Janku/Anto
----Rhino/Flamini----Pirlo-------
Abate--------------------Dinho
------Hunter----Pato----------

Please win!!!
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 09:47   #790

marcos cafu 2

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
marcos cafu 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio View Post
Called up:

Storari, Roma; Antonini, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Nesta, Oddo, Onyewu, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta; Abate, Flamini, Gattuso, Pirlo; Borriello, Huntelaar, Inzaghi, Pato, Ronaldinho.

Lets guess

-----------Storari--------------
Zam----Nesta----Silva----Janku/Anto
----Rhino/Flamini----Pirlo-------
Abate--------------------Dinho
------Hunter----Pato----------

Please win!!!
we'll see that, just with abate in CM with rino/flamini and pirlo, with dinho playing CAM
marcos cafu 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 09:59   #791

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
yup, tonight will be treated as a Serie A game as it is our last pre-season game..... tonight the team we will see will be the team that will start the first serie A game more or less.... do you guys think we will Pato-Boriello up front? or We'll see Pippo/KJH instead?
I think it might be Pato-KJH...as this combo for me should be the best option.

If Hunter isnt fit enough to start, then Pippo-Pato is my guess.

Still wont matter much, as I think we are going to get crushed again...Diego will be playing for Juve, and I think he will be the major difference....we lost 2-0 in 45min without him...I shudder to think what will happen over 90.



Anyway, FORZA MILAN!!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 10:43   #792

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
I see your point. then again, Ancelotti's first season was with Reggiana, which wasn't exactly comparable to Leo's being with Milan either.

Or is it? Did Reggina finish close to a CL spot. Only joking.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 11:28   #793

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
If it were me, I'd like to try a little experiment tonight and take Dinho out the side for a half and see how Abate fits in with a shape like...

--------------Storari--------------
Antonini---Nesta--Thiago---Zambro
----------Rino-----Flamini---------
---------------Pirlo---------------
-----Abate------------------------
------------------------Pato------
--------------Hunter--------------

We'd have a more balanced side with this as Pato could come in to support Huntelaar with Zambro and Flamini pushing up to cover the left. We'd naturally have width higher up the field allowing Pirlo to push forward with freedom and with Antonini's defensive frailties we'd have a more reserved Rino to cover. In addition, Antonini and Abate have shown they can work reasonably well down the flank together.

Should we need to manage the game and play more conservatively, we'd be able to move into a 4-4-2 looking like this...

-----------Storari-------------
Antonini--Nesta-Thiago--Zambro
Abate----Rino---Pirlo---Flamini
----------------Pato---------
---------Hunter--------------
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 12:54   #794

Iggy

Registered User
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Norway
Fave Players: Marco Van Basten
Iggy is on a distinguished road
hope to see y'all in the chatroom for this match
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 12:56   #795

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Oh you will . I'll be here working and watching at the same time .
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:45.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.