AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-08-2009, 15:08   #11146

johncharles365

Registered User
 
johncharles365's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2009
Location: london
Fave Players: maldini, flamini, shevchenko, leonardo, albertini
johncharles365 is on a distinguished road
Damn Milan plead poverty again man it heard to believe that we are in position where we aren’t able to give 6 million euros for Di Silvestre and 9 million straight away for Rafinha. The club at most must of spent 12 maybe 14 million euros this summer we spent 5 million on huntelaar upfront the rest to paid back over the next 2 seasons, considering we have sold half primavera team and kaka/ gourcuff it is amazing that we don’t have any capital available. This is more than the Italian businessmen stubbiness not to get ripped off something is severally wrong with the club cash flow situation. On a lighter note at least it means that are rivals have burnt up their cash reserves for next season after the summer gluts of spending I can’t really see juventus and inter spending more than 20 million euros in the 2010 summer window. Plus I would be too sure than Schalke 04 would be willing to accept a 8 million euro offer besides it looks like juventus are preoccupied with grosso. Hopefully the players will come together and prove to the Milan fans that they care about the club even if the management have decided to pursue other interests.
johncharles365 is offline  
Old 26-08-2009, 15:11   #11147

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese Charlie View Post
Looks like Rafinha------BYE----------BYE

Colpo Juve: preso Rafinha
26.08.2009 20.46 di Fabrizio Cicciarelli
Fonte: sportmediaset.it

Nuovo colpo di mercato per la Juventus che, adesso, sarā ancora pių brasiliana. Il club bianconero, infatti, ha prelevato dallo Shalke04 il laterale destro Rafinha. Per assicurarsi il 24enne terzino brasiliano, la Juve ha investito 8 milioni di euro. Non č tramontata, comunque, la pista che porta a Fabio Grosso, deciso a lasciare il Lione e a raggiungere a Torino i suoi compagni di nazionale. La tratattiva potrebbe chiudersi nelle prossime ore.
Erm, I don't speak Italian, but this is what I get when I translate with google:



Shot Juve: taken Rafinha
26.08.2009 20.46 by Fabrizio cicciarelli
Source: sportmediaset.it

Another blow for Juventus market that now will be even more Brazilian. The club Juventus, in fact, has withdrawn from the right-back Rafinha Shalke04. To make sure the 24 year old Brazilian full-back, Juve has invested 8 million euros. Is not set, however, the track that leads to Fabio Grosso, decided to leave Lyon and Turin, to reach his team-mates. The tratattiva could close in the coming hours.


A bit confusing.
Christian is offline  
Old 26-08-2009, 15:27   #11148

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Erm, I don't speak Italian, but this is what I get when I translate with google:



Shot Juve: taken Rafinha
26.08.2009 20.46 by Fabrizio cicciarelli
Source: sportmediaset.it

Another blow for Juventus market that now will be even more Brazilian. The club Juventus, in fact, has withdrawn from the right-back Rafinha Shalke04. To make sure the 24 year old Brazilian full-back, Juve has invested 8 million euros. Is not set, however, the track that leads to Fabio Grosso, decided to leave Lyon and Turin, to reach his team-mates. The tratattiva could close in the coming hours.


A bit confusing.
The rough translation would be more in line with the last thing I read, which was that Juventus had given up on Rafinha because he was too expensive for their budget and that they would focus on Grosso, although they were hopeful of bargaining Lyon down from their 2 million euro evaluation.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 26-08-2009, 15:40   #11149

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
From goal.com regarding Rafinha --> Juventus:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy...alke-04-report
Arildonardo is offline  
Old 26-08-2009, 15:47   #11150

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
I just read the same thing on tuttomercatoweb.com . Although they say that it was only an offer of 8mil to Schalke and details are still there to be worked on. And that tomorrow they will offer just over 2mil for Grosso......after which they will try to offload Grygera and De Ceglie (probably to Napoli).
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!
nefremo is offline  
Old 26-08-2009, 17:30   #11151

zafrul

Registered User
 
zafrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2000
Location: Kuala Lumpur
zafrul
4 days and counting... Leo says we need wide players... and no one has come...
zafrul is offline  
Old 26-08-2009, 18:08   #11152

OCmilano

Registered User
 
OCmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Southern California
Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
4 days.. Get ready for a suprise from our mgt.
__________________
ROBINHO TIME
OCmilano is offline  
Old 26-08-2009, 18:34   #11153

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefremo View Post
I just read the same thing on tuttomercatoweb.com . Although they say that it was only an offer of 8mil to Schalke and details are still there to be worked on. And that tomorrow they will offer just over 2mil for Grosso......after which they will try to offload Grygera and De Ceglie (probably to Napoli).
so we could have bought Grosso with the money we used to give Dinho a raise?
pirlofanusa is offline  
Old 26-08-2009, 18:58   #11154

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlofanusa View Post
so we could have bought Grosso with the money we used to give Dinho a raise?
The Dinho raise was reported by Corriere dello sport, which is hardly the standard of accurate reporting.

Either way, our Lothario's unwillingness to spend is annoying.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 26-08-2009, 19:42   #11155

curki

Registered User
 
curki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: Split, Croatia
Fave Players: Kaka', Seedorf, Pato, Borriello
curki is on a distinguished road
I can't see us getting good player as long as two person keep talking like this... I'm sure you'll figure who are they...

PERSON 1:
I believe we are good as we are. We have 25 champions in a team that has already won everything. For us the market is closed, and will be reopened only if some champion leaves. You know the financial situation is critical, and the current tax system in Italy doesn't allow us to sign good 23 year old player for 15M that will earn 1.5M per season, so we have to buy champions over 30 that will come for 2M earning 4,5M per season.

PERSON 2:
We have the best starting lineup in the world. Don't forget that Milan won the most trophies in the whole world, so we are the best now. In our squad I see many champions, but Ronaldinho is the best. I don't want to interfere in coaching stuff, but personally I would play Pato and Ronaldinho as strikers and Seedorf behind them. Kaka'? He decided to go and there is nothing I could do to make him stay. You cannot keep a player against his will. (but wolfsburg can) Fullbacks? They aren't important as long as we have Ronaldinho

I assume you'll understand the irony in this post
__________________
curki is offline  
Old 26-08-2009, 19:56   #11156

Bosniaco

Registered User
 
Bosniaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
This is how you built a team, the way Inter and Juve did in last two season.Galliani watch and learn. Oh wait you dont learn ****
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR<

Last edited by Bosniaco; 26-08-2009 at 20:11.
Bosniaco is offline  
Old 26-08-2009, 23:54   #11157

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
I think your argument is fair if I'm honest. Certainly Rafinha was never really a first choice for me. That said we could hope for a Maicon, in that with a little direction he could end up being a great player. If we're honest, many struggle early in the careers before coming big. I was thinking of Cafu, who had a tough time in his early career but is now one of the very great wing backs in the history of football and imo probably the greatest Brazilian wingback of around the last 3 decades (I rate Cafu higher than Roberto Carlos).

I'm not really worried about height if I'm honest. I think in his position height can be useful but isn't too necessary. What I would hope for is a hardworking player willing to push up but is also tactically smart and follows instructions. I'm not worried about the Non-EU spot either if I'm honest. It's highly unlikely we will get any other non-eu player either now or January, so if it means this year it goes to Rafinha, then I have no problems.

If we get Rafinha, I'm hoping that we have another Cafu, which means a top quality player who hasn't shown his potential until now. I don't really want to compare him to Daniel Alves though, as Alves has shown his quality ever since he was really young (he caught my eye back when he was 20 and I'm sure even before then he was showing quality).

The other option is Abate at RB. I feel confident that he's able to play as a wingback with some teaching and would really like to see Leo test him at RB.
Great post...

Reading my post one more time, I think I give too much importance to height. Whats matter is that Rafinha plays hard and is physical for his height...and the quality is there. As Pirlofan said, itīs not like we will spend money in someone better for the non-EU spot.

Since you talk about Cafu, did you know that as a teenage he was rejected by 7 clubs here in Brazil? For seven times he tried to enter in a youth team here in Brazil(we call to play in a "peneira") but seven coaches said no to him After 7 "no", finally a São Paulo academy coach asaid a "yes" him... Talk about to fight for a dream

But since even Pele was rejected by Conrithians(as a pro, later, he always spanked Corinthians), thereīs no shame for Cafu.

Regarding Abate, I want to see him develope in the midfield, to take in the near future Gattusoīs place. I hope we only use him as wingback in desperate times...
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 26-08-2009, 23:59   #11158

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
The rough translation would be more in line with the last thing I read, which was that Juventus had given up on Rafinha because he was too expensive for their budget and that they would focus on Grosso, although they were hopeful of bargaining Lyon down from their 2 million euro evaluation.
LOL, it's the opposite Rick.

Sport mediaset are reporting that Juve signed Rafinha for eight Million.
Also in the coming hours it is expected to close also Grosso's deal.
Maltese Charlie is offline  
Old 27-08-2009, 02:54   #11159

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I think I just read on milannews that there could effectively be a bidding war for Rafinha now with us offering a loan deal with rights to buy for 9m. If true, it would be hilarious watching two clubs with no money in a bidding war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Great post...

Reading my post one more time, I think I give too much importance to height. Whats matter is that Rafinha plays hard and is physical for his height...and the quality is there. As Pirlofan said, itīs not like we will spend money in someone better for the non-EU spot.

Since you talk about Cafu, did you know that as a teenage he was rejected by 7 clubs here in Brazil? For seven times he tried to enter in a youth team here in Brazil(we call to play in a "peneira") but seven coaches said no to him After 7 "no", finally a São Paulo academy coach asaid a "yes" him... Talk about to fight for a dream

But since even Pele was rejected by Conrithians(as a pro, later, he always spanked Corinthians), thereīs no shame for Cafu.

Regarding Abate, I want to see him develope in the midfield, to take in the near future Gattusoīs place. I hope we only use him as wingback in desperate times...
I know about Cafu's past and his difficulties, which is why I used him as an example for Rafinha. We can't always buy "geniuses", but surely sometimes we can help struggling talent to reach heights they never even dreamed of?

The reason I want to try Abate at RB is because I think he's got all the qualities for a good fullback. He can run a lot at fast pace, can run at players and is good at crossing. Many argued he's a one dimensional player before and though I don't totally agree, I think his natural vertical movements on the pitch are well suited to RB. He's also a very hard worker and willing to fight for the ball, which again is good for a fullback. He's even pretty tall, which is good . If he is tried as a RB, then I think he'd need to work on his positioning and tackling, but besides that I think he's got a lot to offer.

It would also be interesting to see him in Rino's role. If he works on his tackling then certainly he'd be an interesting risk. I can imagine him playing like Flamini does down the left, but down the right obviously, offering an interesting option and balance to the side.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 27-08-2009, 03:50   #11160

Jay Crisp

Registered User
 
Jay Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncharles365 View Post
. On a lighter note at least it means that are rivals have burnt up their cash reserves for next season after the summer gluts of spending I can’t really see juventus and inter spending more than 20 million euros in the 2010 summer window.

True but I also don't see Milan spending anywhere near 20 million next summer. The reluctance of MGT to invest anything besides half of Huntelaars money is disgusting , we owed 60 million euros Kaka brought in 68 million and Gourcuff 15 million that men at least there should be 23 million available. But we spend 5 million on Huntelaar and the 18 million does a Houdini and vanishes. That 18 mill would of got us Rafinha and prob Van Der Vaart , or De silvestri and maybe Hernanes. The ball has been droped big time this mercato and no real investment has taken place.

The more I think about this mercato the more p1ssed I am . If 23 million could of got us Rafinha and Van der Vaart + Huntelaar or De Silvestri and Hernanes + Huntelaar , I think we would all be happier but no books are balanced (rightly so) but where the fook is the rest of the money ?

On another note Il miss the derby on Saturday night. Its my buddys wedding Saturday , how do I not go and watch the game ....Any ideas my friends..
Jay Crisp is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:04.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.