AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-08-2009, 17:07   #301

NAMMY

Registered User
 
NAMMY's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: Benson, England
Fave Players: Maldini, Inzaghi, Kaká
NAMMY is on a distinguished road
I only watched the last 10 or so mins after returning from Stoke v Sunderland, but I'm not too surprised by the result - after preseason I expected us to struggle. Having 10 men didn't help either!
Hopefully a couple more signing could help rectify our problems ...
__________________
Life's a game of two halves
I score
I shoot
the crowd roars
I'm never going home
NAMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 17:40   #302

Rabia15

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Rabia15 is on a distinguished road
its the result of quality difference,just look at our and their line ups and compare them,you'll see the difference and understand why the score is 4-0.

its result of how inter signed half team,signing very important 5 players.

Milan lost so much offensive power,Milan cant keep the possesion in attack anymore,one inter attack ended,after some seconds,another started.Wing backs are defensively weak,they are not good offensively,both of them are not Milan class.

Stotari is Milan class.
Both wing backs are great.
Ronaldinho is not finished player,he is still world's best.
We are stronger than inter.

its the result of our president's lies.4-0.We are really stronger than them.

just get a pen and write down their line up and ours presidenti and compare them,you'll see the difference.quality difference.
Rabia15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 17:46   #303

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabia15 View Post
its the result of quality difference,just look at our and their line ups and compare them,you'll see the difference and understand why the score is 4-0.

its result of how inter signed half team,signing very important 5 players.

Milan lost so much offensive power,Milan cant keep the possesion in attack anymore,one inter attack ended,after some seconds,another started.Wing backs are defensively weak,they are not good offensively,both of them are not Milan class.

Stotari is Milan class.
Both wing backs are great.
Ronaldinho is not finished player,he is still world's best.
We are stronger than inter.

its the result of our president's lies.4-0.We are really stronger than them.

just get a pen and write down their line up and ours presidenti and compare them,you'll see the difference.quality difference.
I have been reading on these forums for weeks how poor Etoo is, how he needs a thousand chances to score, how me and Milito are too similar, how they dont have a creative player (Oh look they just signed Schneider), how Lucio is old. Blah blah blah

Milan owners and fans have become delusional

Ronnie had an ugly look on his face all game, because he knew he hasnt go the balls to fight! Whats happened to the smiling assasin that played for Barca? He aint no more and we have gambled away another season on yet another has been!


The fullbacks are awful, it would have been nice to see Cissokho body check Maicon a few times. Zambrotta isnt the palyer he was.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually

Last edited by K77SH C; 29-08-2009 at 17:49.
K77SH C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 17:47   #304

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
To be honest if no signings happen I think Leo would have to take up Samaldinho's suggestion regarding Flamini. A hard working and also defensive non-liability is needed at full back or we are not a top 4 club this season.
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 18:12   #305

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
You know what? I've been thinking about it, since it seems obvious we won't be getting anyone (who would've wanted Crisicto on our left side today?).

If I was Milan's manager, I would tell Flamini to **** himself, and play him at RB, Zambro will take the left side. That's sorted.

My midfield is Abate, Seedorf, and Ambro. Sure, Ambro doesn't work like Gattuso or Flamini, but he is more calm and provides a heading threat on the corners we continually waste. Abate injects tremendous pace from the midfield, and can actually cross. Seedorf keeps his spot as long as he wants to put forth the effort. Otherwise, it's between him and Pirlo.

Dinho keeps his place, not because I believe in him right now, but because we have no other option. Everyone praises Dinho for his training, well, I want to see him run back for the ball. Pato and Seedorf did that, why the hell can't he?

My lineup:

-----------Storari
Flamini--Nesta--Silva--Zambro
--Abate---Seedorf--Ambro
-----------Dinho
----Pato---------Huntelaar

Honestly, looking at how Seedorf plays now that he knows he's not first choice, I have to wonder, would Dinho play as well if he had competition? What stops me from thinking that is, he has everything to play for. To prove his critics wrong, to get into that Brazil World Cup squad, but it just doesn't seem to click.

Leonardo is right, our midfield is not compact enough to sustain the attacking trio. That's the reason why I don't fault Dinho completely today. However, he did play like garbage, that I will say. Gattuso lost his mind, and Flamini really wasn't that poor. Maybe the first goal was his fault (Janku deserves blame too, though) but he was one of the few forces in midfield to grab possession and actually do something with it.

Ronaldinho invariably plays well only when there is a passing threat from our midfield, also, if our strikers were willing to move. Pato, full marks for effort. Borriello? I've said enough about him.

Seedorf really didn't look like "Slowdorf" and I was actually quite impressed with him. I think Pirlo should be dropped for Seedorf and either Abate and Flamini flank Seedorf or Ambro and Abate.

I still don't understand how Abate hasn't played a single minute yet. Fine, this game aside, but why not against Siena? Whatever, it's done, now its time to see what Leonardo does from here.
I would rather have Slowdorf in my team than None-aldhinio. Last season when Seedorf played in Pirlos position he played very well. So I would ditch buck tooth and push Pirlo up. At least you are guaranteed 3 assists per game from Pirlo and he is always ready to receive the ball unlike the Brazilian.

Abate - Who knows, one thing we are know (Deep down) is isnt good enough for Milan and if Berlu cared, he wouldnt have come back. Our standards have dropped, but that doesnt turn good players into great players.

As for Flamini, he has turned into the player we bought from Arsenal. The only problem is that there is no creativity around him. I think he would be completely wasted in defence. He is the only defensive player we have who combines the attributes of technique, stamina and aggression.

Ambro is a fantastic DM to have on the bench.

Gatusso was phenominal when:
1. He was younger and more full of running
2. He was supported by the hunger of Pirlo and Seedorf
3. He was the hard man in a system where there was plaenty of creativity.

In the new Milan, which has Pirlo (Doesnt run), Flamini (Defensive), Ronnie (Doesnt run) and Huntelaar/ Boriello (Isolated for most of the game) he has no use. And as for his leadership qualities, he has none! He lost his head on the pitch today, and started pointing his finger when it went wrong.

Give me a 40 year old Maldini any day.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 18:47   #306

rosoneri_11

Registered User
 
rosoneri_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: I'm behind you!
Fave Players: P.Maldini,Gattuso,Van Basten
rosoneri_11 is on a distinguished road
Look everyone, my opinion about the finished players.
Pirlo must be sold.He is getting very slow and he make our game to slow.
Gattuso-I don't know if we must keep or sell him.In one hand he is one of the best DM of the world doing great runs,defence and pressure in midfield.On the other hand he has no technical,his passes sucks,and he makes many mistakes.I know that the DM of new generation are inteligent and can make and defence and attack like Essien,Gerrad,Chabi Alonso,Iniesta etec....
Janku and Zambro- Many of you attacked me when i said that Zambro is finished 2 weeks before that match.Now you see the truth.Janku....he was never a Lb and he was never a ML, after so many years with us i don't know what position player he is.
Seedorf-He is good for the bench keep him to make a good bench.
Ronnie- I would say my final opinion about that player after 3-4 games, i want to give him some chances to make me wrong.It was such a big thema and debate about his "big come back" so i will wait just a little.
Oddo-He needs an ultimatume.His first year with us he was great.As i have said for him 2 years before, he is good for 1 year then we need to sell him.I comed tru again.
Ambrosini must be sold, he is too old,too slow,no new ideas,he is an old type DM not good enough for Milan.
storari-Dida-Abbiati-Storari is not good enough, he is the same crap he is with Dida.Please don't start to attack me Storari is great and fantastic and how you can say those things.Just wait some games to see what a crap he is.Abiatti would be good only as a second GK
Favalli-He is a joke.Berlu says we are in crisis but he keeps and pay such a crap player.
Inzaghi-He must quit, he is finished!

I can't believe what a crap team we got.
Don't go further just think when our problems started. 2004-2005 when the best ST of the world Sheva gone, since now we have not find a big goal scorer.Pato its still young i mean a goal machine.
Then our seconf best player Kaka, gone and the team looks like a greek 3rd division team with crap players.
Remember my word wich comes true always.
We will have a crap season without winning nothing if we don't sign 2 great fullbakcs. Remember that.
rosoneri_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 19:03   #307

SkyEdge

Registered User
 
SkyEdge's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Clean&Green Singapore
Fave Players: Batistuta, Maradona, Shevchenko, Leonardo, Inzaghi
SkyEdge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
You know what? I've been thinking about it, since it seems obvious we won't be getting anyone (who would've wanted Crisicto on our left side today?).

If I was Milan's manager, I would tell Flamini to **** himself, and play him at RB, Zambro will take the left side. That's sorted.

My midfield is Abate, Seedorf, and Ambro. Sure, Ambro doesn't work like Gattuso or Flamini, but he is more calm and provides a heading threat on the corners we continually waste. Abate injects tremendous pace from the midfield, and can actually cross. Seedorf keeps his spot as long as he wants to put forth the effort. Otherwise, it's between him and Pirlo.

Dinho keeps his place, not because I believe in him right now, but because we have no other option. Everyone praises Dinho for his training, well, I want to see him run back for the ball. Pato and Seedorf did that, why the hell can't he?

My lineup:

-----------Storari
Flamini--Nesta--Silva--Zambro
--Abate---Seedorf--Ambro
-----------Dinho
----Pato---------Huntelaar

Honestly, looking at how Seedorf plays now that he knows he's not first choice, I have to wonder, would Dinho play as well if he had competition? What stops me from thinking that is, he has everything to play for. To prove his critics wrong, to get into that Brazil World Cup squad, but it just doesn't seem to click.

Leonardo is right, our midfield is not compact enough to sustain the attacking trio. That's the reason why I don't fault Dinho completely today. However, he did play like garbage, that I will say. Gattuso lost his mind, and Flamini really wasn't that poor. Maybe the first goal was his fault (Janku deserves blame too, though) but he was one of the few forces in midfield to grab possession and actually do something with it.

Ronaldinho invariably plays well only when there is a passing threat from our midfield, also, if our strikers were willing to move. Pato, full marks for effort. Borriello? I've said enough about him.

Seedorf really didn't look like "Slowdorf" and I was actually quite impressed with him. I think Pirlo should be dropped for Seedorf and either Abate and Flamini flank Seedorf or Ambro and Abate.

I still don't understand how Abate hasn't played a single minute yet. Fine, this game aside, but why not against Siena? Whatever, it's done, now its time to see what Leonardo does from here.
You cannot tell a player to **** himself and play him out of his favoured position.. we knew what we were getting ( a technical dm ) when we signed him and i believed we signed for the position he plays and not for his versatility.. Wanna blame someone ? blame our management that is turning into the biggest laughing stock and walking media circus. Don't go blame a player who wants to play a position he trains for all his life and to add to that, this is a World Cup leading Season.. he has competitions for his slot in the NT ( i don't believe any player is guaranteed a slot in X11 unless managed by Eriksson )
__________________
Forza Ac Milan !
There are only 2 Great teams in Milan
Ac Milan & Ac Milan Reserves !
SkyEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 19:05   #308

Rabia15

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Rabia15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by K77SH C View Post
I have been reading on these forums for weeks how poor Etoo is, how he needs a thousand chances to score, how me and Milito are too similar, how they dont have a creative player (Oh look they just signed Schneider), how Lucio is old. Blah blah blah

Milan owners and fans have become delusional

Ronnie had an ugly look on his face all game, because he knew he hasnt go the balls to fight! Whats happened to the smiling assasin that played for Barca? He aint no more and we have gambled away another season on yet another has been!


The fullbacks are awful, it would have been nice to see Cissokho body check Maicon a few times. Zambrotta isnt the palyer he was.
They are talking about same player?if Eto'o is poor on scoring,who scored 108 goals in 145 games with Barcelona,Diego Milito 51 goals in 108 games with a squad like Zaragoza,last season he scored 24 goals for Genoa.They are poor on finished?it must be a joke.

They are complete strikers,moves a lot,open up spaces for others,can create their chances on their own.

maybe Motta is injury prone,but their quality is out of discussion.
Rabia15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 19:05   #309

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I'm kind of glad I missed the match after finding out what happened. There's not much I can say on the match itself, though on a couple of the goals I do have a few comments:

goal 1) I think the defence was a little all over the place. As the man Thiago was covering (Eto'o I think) moved into the box, Thiago naturally followed him across into Nesta's natural position. As Nesta had pushed up to cover his man, the other defenders had a choice to either press up with him, or to try and cover at the back (obviously they tried the latter). The fault lies mainly with Janku imo, as although Flamini could and should have chased back, had Janku moved across to cover for Thiago as he should have then he would have been in position to stop Motta. Personally, I feel the team is lacking some leadership and organisation in defence. I can imagine had Baresi been in charge at that moment, the defence would have squeezed up to play offside and the LB and CB (in Thiago's) role would have been instructed to squeeze in and stay in position during the move, so the ball wouldn't have much chance of getting through to Motta.

goal 3) Janku made a mess in this one for definite. He recklessly tried to tackle Maicon and was easily beaten. The players actually almost covered for him, but it was asking too much. The only argument elsewhere is the player who dropped back from midfield (Flamini I think) into LB should have had a little more conviction when the final ball was played.

Ultimately, many of my fears that I mentioned during this summer came true tonight. We didn't have an adequate backup for Dinho(who's inconsistency is a huge problem) when needed and Seedorf already had to replace Rino. The fullbacks aren't looking good, with Janku's defensive liabilities showing as in every derby and Zambro (apparently) looking pretty weak still. My other fear of Rino not returning to the top after the long injury and Flamini still looming with the possibility of being forced to play fullback also seems relevant. Even my fears concerning Borriello's usefulness in this match also have appeared to come true.

That said, I gather the first period of the game was actually good for us and in reality this is what Milan's level in comparison to Inter should be. I doubt we need wholesale changes in the side, and it's especially important players are mentally able to cope with the problems faced in the match, something which clearly our players didn't do (I don't need to have seen the match to know this).
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 19:22   #310

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
I think we played very well in the first half hour, right up until Gattuso's injury. Leo has a point. We didn't have the final product, no bite, but we were playing well and had Inter under pressure.
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 19:24   #311

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
What I"m more worried is that the players don't even have the spirit to FIGHT.

This game is in STARK CONTRAST with the one we had against Inter, 2-0 down and we fought in the second half to come back beating them 3-2.

The scoreline is not there, because the fighting spirit is gone.

That's the problem. It seems that only Pato, Hunter, and, to some extent, Seedorf, (and of course Storari) have the will to fight. Nesta and Silva are kind of neutral, but the rest with especially Zambro, Janku seems to just want the game to be over.

That's the REAL problem. When you have R80 who seem just so casual and pass the ball around and thought he would get the foul call that he used to at Spain, think twice. There is no point in trying to cry like a sissy. It's time to fight and to put up a fighting spirit.

Look, even the sometimes-lazy-with-pass Pato is trying real hard, and even though everyone is criticizing Pirlo he at least tried even till the end. Yes, even Seedorf tries. But with players like R80 who could no longer take the pressure on him anymore, sorry, but it's not going to work.

To some extent, his genius makes him the footballer of the world, but also contributes to his own downfall. Honestly - Do we really want the most unreliable genius in the world? I would rather have someone less famous but who can deliver, small or big game.

***

And so can we REALLY see who is to get the blame? I remember Gilardino once saying that "it's not Ancelotti's fault not to play me, and I'm not going to say more"... Kaka` got sold ("and I still try to figure out why")... Carlo is eventually gone and is having a good time at Stamford bridge..."WE have Champions" ...

And for once I realize: it's not R80's or Janku's fault at all. about Champion League glory, forget about who sucks and who doesn't suck, forget about injury. We have REAL problem with someone on the top (all most of us have been saying for the past N years).

Whatever the top management team does, it sends out signals to their players, and this signals are now doing more harm than good...

J

Last edited by Jeff; 29-08-2009 at 19:28.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 19:51   #312

Rossoneri8

Registered User
 
Rossoneri8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: London
Fave Players: Rino,Pippo,Stam
Rossoneri8 is on a distinguished road
In a word, Milan didn't look like a team tonight.( 11 individuals for 35mins,10individuals for the remaining mins)
I think Leon and the newbies e.g.Thiago Silva,Hunterlaar,Dinho are learning how to play like an Italian team.
__________________
Bravery is the essence of defense
Rossoneri8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 19:58   #313

Rossoneri8

Registered User
 
Rossoneri8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: London
Fave Players: Rino,Pippo,Stam
Rossoneri8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
What I"m more worried is that the players don't even have the spirit to FIGHT.

This game is in STARK CONTRAST with the one we had against Inter, 2-0 down and we fought in the second half to come back beating them 3-2.

The scoreline is not there, because the fighting spirit is gone.

That's the problem. It seems that only Pato, Hunter, and, to some extent, Seedorf, (and of course Storari) have the will to fight. Nesta and Silva are kind of neutral, but the rest with especially Zambro, Janku seems to just want the game to be over.

That's the REAL problem. When you have R80 who seem just so casual and pass the ball around and thought he would get the foul call that he used to at Spain, think twice. There is no point in trying to cry like a sissy. It's time to fight and to put up a fighting spirit.

Look, even the sometimes-lazy-with-pass Pato is trying real hard, and even though everyone is criticizing Pirlo he at least tried even till the end. Yes, even Seedorf tries. But with players like R80 who could no longer take the pressure on him anymore, sorry, but it's not going to work.

To some extent, his genius makes him the footballer of the world, but also contributes to his own downfall. Honestly - Do we really want the most unreliable genius in the world? I would rather have someone less famous but who can deliver, small or big game.

***

And so can we REALLY see who is to get the blame? I remember Gilardino once saying that "it's not Ancelotti's fault not to play me, and I'm not going to say more"... Kaka` got sold ("and I still try to figure out why")... Carlo is eventually gone and is having a good time at Stamford bridge..."WE have Champions" ...

And for once I realize: it's not R80's or Janku's fault at all. about Champion League glory, forget about who sucks and who doesn't suck, forget about injury. We have REAL problem with someone on the top (all most of us have been saying for the past N years).

Whatever the top management team does, it sends out signals to their players, and this signals are now doing more harm than good...

J
Hopefully we(fans and players) are not in an awkward situation for another season.If we defend like this,we are not going anywhere furthther in the CL.
__________________
Bravery is the essence of defense
Rossoneri8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 20:11   #314

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
What I"m more worried is that the players don't even have the spirit to FIGHT.

This game is in STARK CONTRAST with the one we had against Inter, 2-0 down and we fought in the second half to come back beating them 3-2.

The scoreline is not there, because the fighting spirit is gone.

That's the problem. It seems that only Pato, Hunter, and, to some extent, Seedorf, (and of course Storari) have the will to fight. Nesta and Silva are kind of neutral, but the rest with especially Zambro, Janku seems to just want the game to be over.

That's the REAL problem. When you have R80 who seem just so casual and pass the ball around and thought he would get the foul call that he used to at Spain, think twice. There is no point in trying to cry like a sissy. It's time to fight and to put up a fighting spirit.

Look, even the sometimes-lazy-with-pass Pato is trying real hard, and even though everyone is criticizing Pirlo he at least tried even till the end. Yes, even Seedorf tries. But with players like R80 who could no longer take the pressure on him anymore, sorry, but it's not going to work.

To some extent, his genius makes him the footballer of the world, but also contributes to his own downfall. Honestly - Do we really want the most unreliable genius in the world? I would rather have someone less famous but who can deliver, small or big game.

***

And so can we REALLY see who is to get the blame? I remember Gilardino once saying that "it's not Ancelotti's fault not to play me, and I'm not going to say more"... Kaka` got sold ("and I still try to figure out why")... Carlo is eventually gone and is having a good time at Stamford bridge..."WE have Champions" ...

And for once I realize: it's not R80's or Janku's fault at all. about Champion League glory, forget about who sucks and who doesn't suck, forget about injury. We have REAL problem with someone on the top (all most of us have been saying for the past N years).

Whatever the top management team does, it sends out signals to their players, and this signals are now doing more harm than good...

J
Fantastic post Jeffy old boy
We also need a new dead ball specialist. Pirlo has changed from 'bad' to bloody awful.
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 20:17   #315

Kwasniefski

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2008
Kwasniefski is on a distinguished road
Wow

Have been away and just got home...just tuned in...WOW! What a blowout!. Never expected this. What happened??????
But we have all seen this coming, haven't we. Too many players on tired, old legs...Seedorf, Nesta, Pirlo,etc., etc. The only geezer still working is Pipo. No proper replacement for Kaka. One-day-magnifico-next-day-sh_t-Ronaldinho? Forget it. Ya, Pato is great but Boriello - crap. I'd rather have kept Sheva.
And Jose Mourinho...The Special One...who I absolutely HATE...is in heaven.

Can anyone convince Sheva to break his contract before Dynamo Kiev "present" him tomorrow and come back...please!!!!!!!!!
Couldn't resist.
Boriello....schmoriello!
What a season it's going to be! Yikes!
Kwasniefski is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.