AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 18:21   #121

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
You know what the sadder aspect of this thought is?

Its that when you think of putting in the young talented players into the team, none of them (bar perhaps Abate) will actually come from Milan's setup

And here we keep priding ourselves for fielding the most Italian Internationals, no more....
its sad, there are many players that would love to play in Milan that we are not willing to buy. there are many young Italians that we could have bought. Luca Ciagarini is a very talented player, and I believe he was sold for ~5mil. thats nothing. I would like us to take a run at Santacrose this winter or next summer, and also if we get Marchetta we might have Italy's next GK. For a little more than we spent for Huntelaar (who i like) we could have bought Quagliarella, who is a great player.
I would also love either Cassano or Rossi. there are so many young talented players out there
pirlofanusa is offline  
Old 05-09-2009, 18:52   #122

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Kaladze has been talked about as our saviour at right back all week and his owngoals sum up the situation milan are in. LOL

And its not a miracle, he is a terrible decision maker at centre back.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 05-09-2009, 19:18   #123

Rossoneri Fuego

Registered User
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: San Francisco California USA
Fave Players: Nesta R80 Beckham Rino
Rossoneri Fuego is on a distinguished road
omg id be terrified to start kala at LWB id rather start ambrosini or favalli lol
Rossoneri Fuego is offline  
Old 05-09-2009, 20:22   #124

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
If I was Berlusconi, and I really wanted to make a political statement, I'd assemble an all-Italian team, or as close to it as possible.

If Berlu finally starts spending money, I think we can see next summer, if not this winter, as a place for us to reinforce.

Santacroce isn't playing at Napoli, neither is Giovinco at Juventus. Cigarini's agent is talking about how he will move to a big club soon, and of the big clubs, only we need a midfielder of his class. Marchetti seems destined to come to Milan, so I think there are many options available, it's just that Berlusconi needs to be rid of having to think about the rest of the country's public perception of him.

Sure spending money could motivate Milan fans to vote for him, but what about the rest of the country?

Next year we could lineup, like this:

-----------Marchetti
Zambro--Nesta--Santa/T Silva---Criscito
----Abate--Cigarini--Flamini
-----------Giovinco
-----Huntelaar----Pato

That is a scudetto winning team, no doubt.
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 05-09-2009, 20:44   #125

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by K77SH C View Post
Hey Brasileiro good to read you posts as ever. Juceili looks good, better than Hernanes to me. (Personally, I feel Hernanes lacks something, Hes got that Riquelme vibe about him). Not sure he will ever be good enough. Maybe im wrong. But this kid looks good, whats he like ina physical battle?
Whats up, my friend!

The more I watch Hernanes, the more I see the similarities(sp?) with Pirlo...It´s amazing! They have the same pro´s and counters. I can´t compare Hernanes with Riquelme because the first is a more team player, but I got your point(and it´s worth). Btw. he is injured and needed to operate the knee. If I´m not wrong, he will be out for month.

Jucilei(and Giuliano)are "my bet"... Like I did with Pato some years ago in "my thread", I have a feeling this guy will be a world class player. if I had to compare( I realy don´t like to do it), Jucilei reminds me a mix of Viera and Mikel.

Also, and as you ask, Corinthians fans loves him(also) because of his grit! For a player, for to be loved by Corinthians fans, he need to do better thans just play good. They love "Rino type" of players, and until now, this boy showed a lot of heart. Very physical player that will have no problem to play in Serie A or EPL .

Look, I could be wrong, but like with Pato(Kaká, Marcelo, Alex) some years ago, everytime I see this lad playing, I have that feeeling to be watching a future world class player. To much skills, and more important, power and right attitude to not reach a W.C level.

To buy this guy now(before the hype start), would be a amazing business by any team in Europe. Shame that our team can´t see it now
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 05-09-2009, 20:58   #126

boing boing

Registered User
 
boing boing's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
boing boing is on a distinguished road
We also need to get rid of the unwanted players Samaldinho before we get new players. Their wages are a big black hole for the club's finances.

-Kaladze and Oddo were unwanted for this season. If they do not improve significantly they will be certainly offloaded net year.
-I assume that Ambro, Janku, Seedorf, Gattuso and Zambrotta will become unwanted by next year unless they give consistently good performances; which will be unlikely for most of them.
-Dida's, Pippo's and Favalli's contract is expiring next year. I am sure that their contracts won't be extended.

I guess we were saving our monies for the assault we will be having in the market next year. Replacing many if not all of the above mentioned players this year would have had been risky because we still don't know what is Leo's potential. If he succeeds, I predict we will have a very very active Summer and possible Winter market. Even if he doesn't, we should still buy 3 or 4 first team players.

boing boing is offline  
Old 05-09-2009, 22:18   #127

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
To buy this guy now(before the hype start), would be a amazing business by any team in Europe. Shame that our team can´t see it now
Maybe we are making a move for him? We just don't know what they're doing now.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 05-09-2009, 23:07   #128

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boing boing View Post
We also need to get rid of the unwanted players Samaldinho before we get new players. Their wages are a big black hole for the club's finances.

-Kaladze and Oddo were unwanted for this season. If they do not improve significantly they will be certainly offloaded net year.
-I assume that Ambro, Janku, Seedorf, Gattuso and Zambrotta will become unwanted by next year unless they give consistently good performances; which will be unlikely for most of them.
-Dida's, Pippo's and Favalli's contract is expiring next year. I am sure that their contracts won't be extended.

I guess we were saving our monies for the assault we will be having in the market next year. Replacing many if not all of the above mentioned players this year would have had been risky because we still don't know what is Leo's potential. If he succeeds, I predict we will have a very very active Summer and possible Winter market. Even if he doesn't, we should still buy 3 or 4 first team players.

How is Leo suppose to succeed when he wasn't given the right players? You can bring Capello and Sacchi back and it still won't change the fact that Ronaldinho stinks as the leader of our attack. The process of rebuilding should be a gradual one and your proposal would mean we replace half the team in one summer. Not that we shouldn't, just not entirely feasible.
slifersd is offline  
Old 06-09-2009, 00:24   #129

boing boing

Registered User
 
boing boing's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
boing boing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd View Post
How is Leo suppose to succeed when he wasn't given the right players? You can bring Capello and Sacchi back and it still won't change the fact that Ronaldinho stinks as the leader of our attack. The process of rebuilding should be a gradual one and your proposal would mean we replace half the team in one summer. Not that we shouldn't, just not entirely feasible.
If he can still make the best out of this team it would still be considered a success. Last year with a great manager and a more quality squad we got to the third place. If Leo can repeat the same thing this year, it would still be considered a success. Even Galliani had had stated that 3 place in Serie A is what he expects this year.

Leo still got a top quality CB and a forward in Silva and Huntelaar. I know it is still far less that an adequate squad but Leo has to show his worth. One has to learn to demand respect which Leo has the potential to do so.

I don't think that adding 3-4 players a year is far from a 'gradual rebuilding of team; as there is always a possibility that 1 or 2 players of the new players won't start playing well right away.
boing boing is offline  
Old 06-09-2009, 01:48   #130

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boing boing View Post
If he can still make the best out of this team it would still be considered a success. Last year with a great manager and a more quality squad we got to the third place. If Leo can repeat the same thing this year, it would still be considered a success. Even Galliani had had stated that 3 place in Serie A is what he expects this year.

Leo still got a top quality CB and a forward in Silva and Huntelaar. I know it is still far less that an adequate squad but Leo has to show his worth. One has to learn to demand respect which Leo has the potential to do so.

I don't think that adding 3-4 players a year is far from a 'gradual rebuilding of team; as there is always a possibility that 1 or 2 players of the new players won't start playing well right away.

What you are saying is very true about letting Leo show that he can get the respect from everyone, but to me, glory wins over respect a lot better than anything else. If Leo is has won say 10 trophies in his coaching career, that resume itself demands a lot of respect from the players. Even for a rookie coach, if he wins a lot of games, then the players will have no choice but to respect him more because he knows what he is doing. Compared to the situation he is in right now. A rookie coach who just led his team to the worst loss in over a decade isn't exactly helping him earn any respect from the veterans in the lockeroom.

Although the logic of letting Leo prove himself before giving him money makes some sense, the fact is we are putting Leo in a situation in which he is a lot more likely to fail than succeed. And his failure would be the fault of the management rather than him. If you want the man to prove himself, give him a decent squad capable of competing rather than forcing him to be a magician.
slifersd is offline  
Old 06-09-2009, 05:41   #131

Milan_Kaka

Registered User
 
Milan_Kaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Kaka, Shevchenko
Milan_Kaka is on a distinguished road
Milan Eye Palmeiras Starlet Marquinhos

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans...let-marquinhos
Milan_Kaka is offline  
Old 06-09-2009, 05:47   #132

Milan_Kaka

Registered User
 
Milan_Kaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Kaka, Shevchenko
Milan_Kaka is on a distinguished road
This is a video I found of him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPlXFZJe-TQ
Milan_Kaka is offline  
Old 06-09-2009, 07:48   #133

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Whats up, my friend!

The more I watch Hernanes, the more I see the similarities(sp?) with Pirlo...It´s amazing! They have the same pro´s and counters. I can´t compare Hernanes with Riquelme because the first is a more team player, but I got your point(and it´s worth). Btw. he is injured and needed to operate the knee. If I´m not wrong, he will be out for month.

Jucilei(and Giuliano)are "my bet"... Like I did with Pato some years ago in "my thread", I have a feeling this guy will be a world class player. if I had to compare( I realy don´t like to do it), Jucilei reminds me a mix of Viera and Mikel.

Also, and as you ask, Corinthians fans loves him(also) because of his grit! For a player, for to be loved by Corinthians fans, he need to do better thans just play good. They love "Rino type" of players, and until now, this boy showed a lot of heart. Very physical player that will have no problem to play in Serie A or EPL .

Look, I could be wrong, but like with Pato(Kaká, Marcelo, Alex) some years ago, everytime I see this lad playing, I have that feeeling to be watching a future world class player. To much skills, and more important, power and right attitude to not reach a W.C level.

To buy this guy now(before the hype start), would be a amazing business by any team in Europe. Shame that our team can´t see it now
Looks like a good player. Btw nice win by Brazil yesterday, Kaká looks to really be getting back to his best, what a pass for the third goal.

Anyways, so whats the deal about Marquinhos, seems like we're heavily linked with him today. Is he the real deal?
Christian is offline  
Old 06-09-2009, 10:29   #134

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan_Kaka View Post
This is a video I found of him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPlXFZJe-TQ

video doesn't show that he is a great player unfortunately....i have many friends that play better than that at under-19 club level....but this clip really doesn't show much...... maybe this video is old and the kid already took the big step up in quality already?
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 06-09-2009, 10:53   #135

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Looks like a good player. Btw nice win by Brazil yesterday, Kaká looks to really be getting back to his best, what a pass for the third goal.

Anyways, so whats the deal about Marquinhos, seems like we're heavily linked with him today. Is he the real deal?
Yep, for a Brazilian, there´s no better feeling than a win against our hermanos... Also, after all the trash talk we heard this week(Messi saying it would be easy, Tevez and Maradona saying that Brazil would be crushed), to go there and score 3 was amazing. Plus, for the first time they had taken the game out of Buenos Aires, to play the game in a small Stadium to create a war atmosphere... Nothing, nothing of what Maradona, Messi and Tevez did and talked happened

The only sad thing for me was to see Kaká and Luis Fabiano, and to think what it would have been my Milan if Berlusconi had given to Leonardo what he asked... But no, Luis Fabiano is "too old" and Ronaldinho Gaúcho is the best... So, we can sell Kaká

Regarding Marquinhos, I hope it´s a joke. He cames from Vitória(the big rival of my team here: Bahia) to Palmeiras and after some time still couldn´t be a starter. He was hyped last year playing for Vitória, but I always though he was vastly overrated. There´s no passion here(as David Luiz is from Vitoria and always praise him), just the fact this guy did nothing to be worth a place in a big team of Europe.

As I said, if it is true, and we are after him and not players like Giuliano, Jucilei, Alex Teixeira, Sandro, Elias... We are realy clueless about scouting...at least here in Brazil. If there´s a player worth a look at Palmeiras is Cleiton Xavier, not Marquinhos. Man, our tranfers news are frustrating...

Last edited by Brasileiro; 06-09-2009 at 11:00.
Brasileiro is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:04.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.