AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-09-2009, 15:31   #331

Jay Crisp

Registered User
 
Jay Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
EDIT: Btw, if there´s someone watching Europe League right now, turn to Benfica game and take a look at 2 guys imo are great. One is the Uruguaian that I said when we buy Cardacio and Viudez, was worth Galliani look. The #14 Max Pereira. This guy killed Brazil last year playing at the right at the mid, and now is amazing as a RB. I saw this guy playing about 10 times, but is the first as RB and I´m impressed. The same level he showed at the mid he´s showing as fullback. I like him more than Rafinha, plus he can play(and great) at the mid. The only downside is that maybe he´s a non-EU. Maybe, because in Portugal(for football players) is more easy to receive a Eu-passport.

The other is David Luis, defender with #23, and a Anderson Varejão hair. Imo will be the best of Brazil after Alex. Tothenhan bid for him, and I saw that Chelsea has a scout just to follow him this season, since in Portugal they said he´s (a big) Ricardo Carvalho heir.
Brasileiro I always enjoy reading your posts you are a fountain of knowledge when it comes to football. I watch Brasilian football from time to time its on sports exchange but at odd times with the difference. And if you can see these players and we can from your recommendations , what the hell is our MGT doing they are so inept and come across stupid. Maybe you should write up a CV and apply for Braida's job. The lies they continue to tell is getting me angry all the time , in work I go over things constantly in my head and our mercatos since 03/04 season have been pitifull. We should of signed 2 players a season since then instead of old players all the time. But Im not saying anything that has not been said before...
Jay Crisp is offline  
Old 17-09-2009, 16:35   #332

Milan_Kaka

Registered User
 
Milan_Kaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Kaka, Shevchenko
Milan_Kaka is on a distinguished road
I wish someone from the MGT reads this forum! Just by reading it, they can fix a lot of stuff... And I agree with the idea of taking Braida's job Brasileiro.
Milan_Kaka is offline  
Old 17-09-2009, 17:37   #333

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Crisp View Post
Brasileiro I always enjoy reading your posts you are a fountain of knowledge when it comes to football. I watch Brasilian football from time to time its on sports exchange but at odd times with the difference. And if you can see these players and we can from your recommendations , what the hell is our MGT doing they are so inept and come across stupid. Maybe you should write up a CV and apply for Braida's job. The lies they continue to tell is getting me angry all the time , in work I go over things constantly in my head and our mercatos since 03/04 season have been pitifull. We should of signed 2 players a season since then instead of old players all the time. But Im not saying anything that has not been said before...
Thanks, Jay(and Milan_Kaka)... and Braida!?! I don´t wan your job, just put me on the team of the purchases, and I will(at least in South America) give Milan several jewels. Some will not be cheap(Giuliano), but others will come with a good price(Jucilei)

Now, more seriously, I know that to make bold predictions in a forum is infinitely more easy than to be responsible for spending millions in the "next big thing"... Here, my only concern is get some slack from fellow MM´s, but even it would be more easy since the level here so high(thanks to the people that command MM).

For that reason, I was always more pro-managment than other guys that I respect here(as mrki for example). No one is perfect, but as you said, the level of mistakes of our mgt in the last few years is preocuppying. To be fair, they know as anyone how to manage crises and locker rooms. For good or bad, another team with our history , and our recent events(several for their own mistakes) would be in a crisis without precedents.

Back to what you said, since 20yo(when I had a career end injure) I joked to my father(and mother) "that player will be great, good, amazing or overrated". When I guy was appearing here in Brazil, I always "bet" with my father about his future as a player. Of course I commit some mistakes, but some days ago we were remembering about the players that I talked(even 10 years ago) and also reading "Kaka´s father" thread, I my record is better than I thought

All that said, my responsability here is minimal... I will only hurt the reputation of "Brasileiro". Btw, since I closed my company here in Brazil(as you can see for the amount of time I spend here and watching football nowadays), if someone knows Braida&Co, just tell him to send me a email. I´m looking for a job!
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 17-09-2009, 17:58   #334

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
EDIT: Btw, if there´s someone watching Europe League right now, turn to Benfica game and take a look at 2 guys imo are great. One is the Uruguaian that I said when we buy Cardacio and Viudez, was worth Galliani look. The #14 Max Pereira. This guy killed Brazil last year playing at the right at the mid, and now is amazing as a RB. I saw this guy playing about 10 times, but is the first as RB and I´m impressed. The same level he showed at the mid he´s showing as fullback. I like him more than Rafinha, plus he can play(and great) at the mid. The only downside is that maybe he´s a non-EU. Maybe, because in Portugal(for football players) is more easy to receive a Eu-passport.

The other is David Luis, defender with #23, and a Anderson Varejão hair. Imo will be the best of Brazil after Alex. Tothenhan bid for him, and I saw that Chelsea has a scout just to follow him this season, since in Portugal they said he´s (a big) Ricardo Carvalho heir.
David Luiz is damn good prospect. But I heard they turned down a 18 mil bid from tottenham
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 17-09-2009, 20:08   #335

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
David Luiz is damn good prospect. But I heard they turned down a 18 mil bid from tottenham
Yep, Milano...
He was a little "too violent" some year ago. He was Brazil best player in the last under-20 W.Cup(that Pato played), but throw an elbow ona guy and take a 4 games ban... We miss him badly.

Also, last year he was still a little "elbow happy". But I think this year he matured. Still fouls more than he need, but it his style, very physical.

Regarding Tottenham, didn´t know the value of the bid, thanks...

Last edited by Brasileiro; 17-09-2009 at 20:28.
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 02:55   #336

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post

Anyway, Van Gaal asked to Byern to buy him and Pelegrini(Real Madrid) also. Even Rafa is wanting him for Liverpool. Can´t see we winning this fight. But it would be better for our defense since T. Silva can do a amazing job as a right back...
It would be a ugly scene seeing Madrid with Alex at the back...huh...

I see the idea about T.Silva playing as a RB looks good to you also ( as we talked aboiut when he still couldnt play and I suggested we buy CB and play Thiago as a RB ). Absolutely, the idea that we could play him athe RB and Nesta-Alex as CB's is something that ( if Milan gets the money somehow ) needs to be done if there is ANY chance with Alex.

T.Silva is a player that plays the same way Puyol plays. Somehow we have bought a magnificent player that is not only doing well with NEsta, but if phisically saving Nesta's energy on the field. If they only had fullbacks to play with!!

I'd play him as a FB in this situation without a doubt, his speed, technique, SHOOT, passing and vision ( plus, tactical awarness ) make ideal defender possible. The way Puyol plays RB Thiago can also do.

Also, I saw Genova in UEFA League. I am afraid that 50% Genova vought from Juve is just on paper and Crscito will come back eventually to Torino and Moggi But if there is a chance, we need to go for him. That player will become tactically perfect and will be classical italian fullback who you can rely to in the biggest possible games.

I'd choose those solutions above all. After that I'd choose Santacroce, who I think Donadoni is not using well. There will be chances like this summer when Inter bought Lucio for almost nothing etc.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I also agree its not easy to be responsible for dosents of milions for new talents, but the way Galliani and Braida have been operating in past years was simply comical and has nothing to do with serious work in MILAN's favour. (It was in favour of personal money making most likely ).
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 03:27   #337

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
mrki,

i dont fully believe its Galliani's fault. Yes he annoys me as much as everyone else with his statements (perez called me?! cmon...) But I have to believe Berlusconi is more at fault, or even more so his spoiled ass kids who forced a sale of kaka. His stupid daughter runs finivest, and like an entry level accountant (as opposed to a top level CEO which shes suppose to be)
She saw debt from ac Milan and said pay me now, sell your best player. Like thats gonna help the worth of Milan in the long run. Like we won't go into further debt every year when we draw less, earn less in sponsorships cause we aren't competitive and can't play consistantly in UCL.

but back to Galliani. The guy clearly signed Cissokho, and IMO was told by silvio, get the fee lowered OR pull out. So then we pulled the disgraceful business of 'teeth problem'. Galliani even said "I was right to sign cissokho, look at his performance." IMO this is a backhanded insult at berlusconi for not wanting to pay 15 mil for a kid 'he hadn't heard of'. Then the Gourcuff business. Again I believe he wanted to bring him back, but clearly we screwed that up many ways, Carlo not playing him... and don't underestimate Berlusconi basically announcing in press "Ronaldinho will play trequaristA!" If you're Gourcuff and you hear the owner orgasming over a direct position competitor, what would you think your chances at a fair shot to start are???

Finally Silvio has let it be known we will not sign older players anymore... which is fine, but youth tends to cost money. So Galliani with no money can't go sign Grosso on a nominal fee as a short term fix, or even Fabiano cause he's almost 29. And he's forced to sit and offer these stupid loan and pay later deals, which NO club wants to take for there top talent. Clubs only take those with troubled players like Cassano (who fell out at real madrid).

Galliani is no saint in all this, but the guy isn't an idiot either. He is clearly not being allowed to spend. And like a good company man, he just makes statement backing Silvio's policy... if he didn't he'd lose his job.

The Way I see it, if he had his way, we would have got Cissoko, Dzeko and Gourcuff... possibly even Hernanes.
Excellent post and definitely something I agree with. I think if Galliani had his choice our first team would look something like...

----------------Abbiati-------------------
Zambro-----Nesta----Thiago-----Cissokho
---------Rino------------Flamini----------
-----------------Pirlo--------------------
--Pato/Kaka--------------------Pato/Kaka
-----------------Dzeko-------------------

The reality is his hands are tied behind his back. I doubt he went to sell Kaka out of choice, as it's come to light that Berlu clearly wanted Kaka out due to money (and imo also Dinho). Pirlo was in the same situation imo, in that it was Berlu who wanted him out.

I think we could have had Dzeko and Galliani laid out the foundations for a buy (he got Dzeko to sign a precontract remember). However, we didn't offer what Wolfsburg wanted and Dzeko was forced to stay in the end.

We bought Cissokho too, but it fell apart during medicals. I know Geo has said Cissokho isn't really amazing yet for Lyon showing solidity but little going forward. However, he's shown glimpses of what he can do going forward, and our biggest problem with fullbacks this season is how awful they are at defending, so for me Cissokho would have been a welcome addition.

I'm not Galliani's biggest fan, but I definitely appreciate what he's done for Milan through the years. Berlu has pumped money into Milan (and in the early days did a fair amount of negotiating work) and this cannot be disregarded, but Galliani's generally been the one to use the money to make Milan what it is today. I think nowerdays Berlu has got his hands tied somewhat, both politically and from his kids and finnivest. However, Galliani must then work with what Berlu gives him, which is quite literally nothing.

I was against the Luis Fabiano transfer due to his age and firmly believe it was the right choice. It cannot be denied he's an excellent striker, but his age simply cannot be ignored. At 28, we'll have to consider replacing him within a couple of years.

Let's look at the side from Tuesday (probably the best Milan side we've seen this year)...

Storari (30+)
Oddo (30+)
Nesta (30+)
Thiago
Zambro (30+)
Ambro (30+)
Pirlo (30+)
Flamini
Seedorf (30+)
Pato
Pippo (30+)

8 of the starting lineup were 30+. That's not counting the other 30+ players in the squad like Abbiati, Dida, Roma, Janku, Favalli, Kaladze, Rino. Never mind Dinho who plays like a 40 yr old. If we are to really rejuvenate almost all (the at the bear minimum at least half) of these players must be replaced in the next few seasons. That's a huge task in itself, and that's not factoring our money problems atm. In that regard, we really can't afford to increase the workload with players like Fabiano who will be in a similar boat in a couple of years.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 05:03   #338

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Interesting to see how people are defending Galli ATM.

To me, Galli is not the one to have 100% blame but he is at fault. Not in the transfer market but rather in giving out contracts to players who are not worth that amount. In that, he dug himself a deep financial hole and could not get out as Berlu stopped pumping money.
Yes, Berlu forced Kaka out and wanted Dinho to play.....but if Galli had not gave out contracts to Emerson, Dida, Seedorf, Kala and others, Berlu would not have force the sell of Kaka as the team will not be that much in debt. To me, when giving out those huge contracts to OLDER players, MGT should have let the words out and see if there is any team willing to sign them. For example, maybe the MGT should have let Ambro test the market before finally signing him as that way Milan won't be over paying too much for the service of Ambro. Ofcourse, that might piss the player off....but thats the only fair way. I mean, if the whole football world is only willing to give Ambro 2Mil a year, then giving him anything more than 2mil/yr is overpaying him. Thats also something that player must know and understand. As in this case, if Milan did not let Ambro test the market, he might keep asking for a 4 mil/yr contract.

BTW, do you know how much Hamsik is making? Or Givinco? Or Cassano? or Santacroce? Or Mutu? Or Cambiaso?

In a way, I really don't blame Berlu one bit in not willing to let Galli invest as at least recently, Galli had showed that he is horrible at giving out contracts to players.

I believe in the sporting worlds, there are always the so call SUPER STARS(those Kaka, Ibra....), then KEY PLAYERS(Pirlo, Seedorf(when he was willing to run) Gattuso...), then ROLE players(Ambro, Emerson...). Quite frankly, Galli had been giving out SUPER STARS contracts to KEY PLAYERS and KEY PLAYERS contract to ROLE players over the past few years.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 05:52   #339

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
A fair argument against Galliani to which I agree to, though Berlu is equally responsible with contracts (look at Dinho as an example). However, I was referring to Galliani's fault in this summer, which I think is low given the circumstrances.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 07:08   #340

Jay Crisp

Registered User
 
Jay Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
I honestly think Berlu is completely to blame , he doesn't pay attention and only see's big games and champions league games. Our players are more up for a big game which isnt really proffesional but is a fact with most teams.

I think a typical conversation between B&G might go like this.

Berlu : Give that man a new 2 year contract for 4 million a season.

Galli : But he is 34 master Silvio.

Berlu : Galliani give that man a new contract.

Galli : But master Silvio he never plays and is a bad trainer and unmotivated player who just wants money , it would be a bad move.

Berlu : GALLIANI!! I said give him a contract now or your FIRED!!!!! i would rather pay 8 million over two years , than 10 million for a new player and give him 5 million over two seasons.

Galli : Yes sir I'll get a contract made up , Im sorry I don't know what I was thinking making a suggestion.....Galli turns back rolls eyes huffs wipes away tear vomits and walks off.
Jay Crisp is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 08:35   #341

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I am not saying Berlu is not to blame here by any means.
Just that I think both of them are at fault.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 09:00   #342

Vulli

Reuters Milan Correspondent
 
Vulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Republic of Kosovo
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Vulli is on a distinguished road
Milan - Man City: exchange: Ronaldinho - Robinho ? what do you think ?
Vulli is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 09:29   #343

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulli View Post
Milan - Man City: exchange: Ronaldinho - Robinho ? what do you think ?

I dont see something quite of that level, but i would not be surprised if Man City wanted him. I would be happy if be could get 15-25 million from them and invest it in some young talent.
pirlofanusa is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 09:52   #344

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulli View Post
Milan - Man City: exchange: Ronaldinho - Robinho ? what do you think ?

r80 + 10m = robinho? yes please
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 18-09-2009, 09:53   #345

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulli View Post
Milan - Man City: exchange: Ronaldinho - Robinho ? what do you think ?
Robinho would be better than Dinho. However, I don't think he has the professional mentality we require at Milan these days. I honestly think we'd be able to find better options if we look around.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.