AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 05:55   #616

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
I don't blame Leo and I don't think that firing him now would be a good solution (and it would be extremely irrespectful from our management as THEY convinced him to take that job).

But saying the team improved in these two issues since the start of the season is false:
- our pressing is useless, do you notice how even with 3 players pressing one single player from our opponents, they always manage to keep the ball ... and physically, that is a bad thing as the players who press are more tired because they run for nothing. The pressing should start around the central circle (in opponents part).
- we don't hold the ball, we don't have a real possession (even if against Zurich, it looked like 61-39 I think), most of the time, our possession is 10 passes between our defenders, and then a long ball or a short pass to a midfielder that will lead to a loss of possession. That happens 20 times a game ...

I'd like to say you're right, but I didn't see any improvement in our team since the first game, unfortunately ...
Yes the pressing is bad for our part. The problem is that it seems pretty disorginised. You'll see 1 or 2 players running like mad to put pressure on the oponent when we lose the ball, but since the rest of the players are usually not on their toes, the oponent can usually just play the ball around our pressing players which ultimatly does more damage than good, since now we're missing one or two players from midfield typically.

We usually have a high possession rate, but it's basicly useless since all we're doing is playing it around among our back four and all it does is really to waste time. There's simply to many weak ball players to play a decent possession game on the oponents half, which is what would create chances for us.

Btw, I'm pretty sure the management didn't hire Leonardo to be sacrificed, they hired him because he's so likeable. Had it been someone else like Spaletti that had started like this with Milan, then the fans would've called for his head a while ago.

edit: Despite the tough times, I like Fabregas' latest comments though: "I really like the series A, on TV, but I find particularly compelling address the Italian team on the field. The type of calcium is similar to the Spanish with tactical and technical. All games are engaging, even those between provinces are very interesting."

"I'm in love with San Siro, seduced me, so impressive and amazing."

Also Schalke 04 apparently have economical problems, which could become relevant if we go for Rafinha.

Last edited by Christian; 02-10-2009 at 06:08.
Christian is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 07:13   #617

Jay Crisp

Registered User
 
Jay Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
I have a pain in my head from following Milan but I shall continue to support my boys . I have confidence in Leo to become a great coach he clearly has an eye for talent and some good ideas with backing it would be a match made in heaven.

I don't blame Leo for our performances well not totally anyway he showed he was green against Inter but a club cannot lose as much as we have this summer and not invest and expect to compete with the likes of Juve and Inter not to mention Barca and Man Utd . Our MGT seems like thats what they want personally if we finished 3rd and got to the CL quarter finals I would be over the moon with joy , but at the moment that looks highly impossible.

If we had of got a good LB and an AM + Leos first choice striker not only would it of been great for Leo but the knock on effect would of created a buzz around club. When new blood is in a team especially quality it seems to elevate everyones game and give a fresh buzz to a club.

On Leos tactics they are a good idea but only if you have the right players which we don't , Janku in my opinion is lost cause he cannot defend and is bad attacking aswell and doesn't have that electricity he had 2 years ago.

If it all goes wrong against Atalanta and Leo gets the sack it will be really unfair on him and show the world what a horrible person Berlu is (as if they did not already know) that man is a genius of harassment he just rubs everyone up the wrong way and treats people like 5 year old kids.

I really hope Leo is given proper chance with some investment in the winter mercato and maybe this could get us in to a CL place then some more reasonable investment in the summer then if he fails that would be time to evaluate the situation.

On another note that defeat to Zurich was bad not because it was Zurich but because it now means that if we lose twice to Madrid which is possible , and Marseille beat Zurich twice again possible it means that we will have to win our last 2 games and hope Marseille lose theirs. I just hope in the next 3 weeks we discover some sort of form because if we played Madrid now we would get mauled.

Last edited by Jay Crisp; 02-10-2009 at 07:16.
Jay Crisp is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 09:00   #618

Revolver

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
Revolver is on a distinguished road
I read some of the newer posts on this topic and I don't think that Berlusconi is guilty and Galliani is innocent. It' s opposite. Please read my post on Summer Mercato topic, page 761. Galliani was doing his job badly when we had money. With smart investments into younger players, starting 3 years ago, we could have a great team now for ~20 millions per season. But, no, Galliani opted to close the gaps with older players with high(er) salaries and that bring us where we are now. The ONLY Berlusconi's fault was (is) his obsession with Ronaldinho.

It's fair to say that since Berlusconi lost interest in Milan that we are going down. Galliani isn't capable to do on his own.
Revolver is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 09:01   #619

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
my god egyptians can be so biased sometimes


It's not just Egyptians. All nationalities on this board are biased. Sometimes the names that are thrown out as "Milan material" are dubious at best.

In my personal opinion, there are maybe only a couple of players from Asia that could make the grade in Milan. Even in the Milan we see now.

Last edited by Hasan Rossonero; 02-10-2009 at 09:11.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 09:57   #620

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
Since Motta appears to be out of favor at Roma, I would make a strong effort to buy him. This club isnt going to be fixed without spending some money. thats it. plain and simple. with a few new players, we are a much much better team.

Motta, VdV, Cristico, etc
pirlofanusa is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 10:03   #621

Jay Crisp

Registered User
 
Jay Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post


It's not just Egyptians. All nationalities on this board are biased. Sometimes the names that are thrown out as "Milan material" are dubious at best.

In my personal opinion, there are maybe only a couple of players from Asia that could make the grade in Milan. Even in the Milan we see now.
I couldn't be biased not many quality Irish players these days we have good team spirit and Trapp is doing a good job , that said if Stephen Ireland ended up at Milan he would be a good addition great passer great reader of the game and a good shot but I think Man City would sell at the moment. Thats my biased opinion of an Irish player.
Jay Crisp is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 12:18   #622

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
All I'm going to say is, Egypt has more African titles than any other nation. We have soundly defeated Ivory Coast, Cameroon, and any other African powerhouse we've come up against. If we have a team, capable of scoring 4 goals or more, and shutting out players like Eto'o, Drogba, Kalou and so on, don't you think that we have reason to have faith in our players?

If Egypt can smash four goals past Italy's U20's, and somehow they are not talented, then fine, I'm biased.

Pirlofan, I can't believe I didn't even think of making a cheeky big for Motta. He's inexplicably on the bench for Cassetti, which has happened under both Spaletti and Ranieri. Why? I don't know, but I think he'd be a great buy.

Honestly, if I was in charge, I'd take Giovinco on loan with a view to buy in January, and I'd try and buy Motta, he'd know he'd play here. I don't think we need much else, Abate can move into midfield and that way our old guard can be fresher, because they can play well, just not day-in-day-out like they used to. We've really run those guys into the ground, it's sad.
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 14:00   #623

HO-YOUNG

Registered User
 
HO-YOUNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2007
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: Kaka, Albertini, Serginho, Maldini, Rivaldo
HO-YOUNG is on a distinguished road
one of our problem/s was that we thought that 20 mil was too much for BRAZIL'S number one striker... Fabiano... we should have signed him instead of the old Ronaldo who cant take a walk without someone protecting his legs... and then we get a striker who cant create for himself to play in a team that cant create for him...pathetic.
__________________
Massimo Tartaglia
HO-YOUNG is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 15:18   #624

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Can people stop mentioning Giovinco as an option. juvenuts wouldn't give him in a million years.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 15:36   #625

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HO-YOUNG View Post
one of our problem/s was that we thought that 20 mil was too much for BRAZIL'S number one striker... Fabiano... we should have signed him instead of the old Ronaldo who cant take a walk without someone protecting his legs... and then we get a striker who cant create for himself to play in a team that cant create for him...pathetic.
Do you know the worst part? For years Kaká begged Milan to buy Fabiano...
Sure we canīt put all the blame on our mgt, because Luis was a head case on the field with his instable temper at that time. But to not buy him for 17 or 18 Millions this year wil prove to be a huge mistake.

I just hope that rumour of Juve buying him next year isnīt true, because it will hurt to see him playing with Diego and scoring on us. I hope he end up in England...

Back to Leo, canīt believe people are asking for his head. The guy has a team full of Raulīs, or has been players as Slifered wisely wrote here...

Only Flamini, Abate and Gattuso of our mid can cope with the pace of the game nowadays. Pirlo and Seedorf can help, but in a special condition(with 2 of the 3 above on the field). Small teams are giving us a hard time becuase they canīt out run 80% of our team, period.

Thereīs no player with the talent of Ronaldinho, but heīs the proof that you need to be at least equal in the physic aspect of the game. Even when you arenīt asked to defend(Ronaldinho). Now, can you imagine if these players will have also the obligation to defend? Itīs a disaster, and itīs our team now...

Theres no way a team with a combination of 2 of Seedorf, Pirlo and Ambro can command a game from the mid. Even if they give 110% on the field, they donīt have the pace to cope with the game... Not now, after years of battles...

The fullbacks also canīt cope with the pace, as 90% of our suffered goals came from their mistakes. But thats is another discussion..
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 16:27   #626

Rossoneri Fuego

Registered User
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: San Francisco California USA
Fave Players: Nesta R80 Beckham Rino
Rossoneri Fuego is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
All I'm going to say is, Egypt has more African titles than any other nation. We have soundly defeated Ivory Coast, Cameroon, and any other African powerhouse we've come up against. If we have a team, capable of scoring 4 goals or more, and shutting out players like Eto'o, Drogba, Kalou and so on, don't you think that we have reason to have faith in our players?

If Egypt can smash four goals past Italy's U20's, and somehow they are not talented, then fine, I'm biased.

Pirlofan, I can't believe I didn't even think of making a cheeky big for Motta. He's inexplicably on the bench for Cassetti, which has happened under both Spaletti and Ranieri. Why? I don't know, but I think he'd be a great buy.

Honestly, if I was in charge, I'd take Giovinco on loan with a view to buy in January, and I'd try and buy Motta, he'd know he'd play here. I don't think we need much else, Abate can move into midfield and that way our old guard can be fresher, because they can play well, just not day-in-day-out like they used to. We've really run those guys into the ground, it's sad.
i wish we could get mohammed zidan!
Rossoneri Fuego is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 17:20   #627

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
I hope we go with Galli, and not Van Basten et al when we lose to Atalanta on the weekend....
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 20:56   #628

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
I still don't understand what Galliani/ Berlusconi have been thinking. It is only natural that players decline with age. They should've bought some good young players years ago and slowly phased them in to replace our so-called stars. Instead they kept sticking with the same players despite the obvious decline. They will say that we won the CL in 2007 and we finished joint 2nd last year with these very same players. What a load of crap.

That is why I now, for the sake of our team, wish we finish mid-table, don't qualify for CL, and get out-run by smaller teams. Not because I dont love Milan, but because this is the only way that our blind management will see what the real problems with the squad are and correct them. If we get on a good run and qualify for CL again or make it to the second round or quarters----then again we have the same mentality next summer. We're good enough as it is, no revolution is needed, let's just buy a reserve keeper and move on...blah blah blah. I'm glad Galliani is keeping his mouth shut these days.
rt9 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 21:00   #629

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Honestly, on reflection, it may have been best if we sold Pirlo last summer. In his current role, with a stagnant midfield, I think he's not offering too much to the team anymore. Coupled with his lack of pace and lack of defensive skills, he's a liability.

I see two ways out----1) Bench him in favour of a more physical hardworking midfield, with Flamini as the holding player OR 2) Re-invent him back to his original role and play him as trequartista with Seedorf/Dinho.

I really think Leo should push him further up the field and play him all out in attack. Deep in midfield, with Gattuso and Ambrosini flanking him--Pirlo is a waste, the only passes he can make are forwards, to the opposition.
rt9 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 23:08   #630

Rossoneri Fuego

Registered User
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: San Francisco California USA
Fave Players: Nesta R80 Beckham Rino
Rossoneri Fuego is on a distinguished road
AC MILAN, Too much partying for Ronaldinho ?

Đ foto di Federico De LucaAC Milan's Brazilian attacking midfielder is underperforming and one reason could be the fact that he is enjoying Milan's nightlife a bit too much. Just 48 hours before AC Milan's Champions League game against FC Zurich earlier this week, the funloving ace was seen partying all night at the Shocking Club in Milan. This is not the first time that Ronaldinho has done this (while his teammates stay home and sleep before 11 pm 48 hours before all matches). Will he change his ways and become a key player again or is he going to be offloaded by AC Milan ? Time will tell.

www.tuttomercatoweb.com

.....im speechless
Rossoneri Fuego is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.