AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 01:58   #691

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I would not say Chelsea is being cheap over the last few years. AS their squad is pretty much complete as it is, only some fine tuning here and there.
There are all hitting their prime age at the moment mostly, and the pieces are all together.
Sure they Roman could have spend 80mil on Ibra, Kaka or CR7, but he does not need to at the moment.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 03:10   #692

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Thanks for the info, my friend. Some days without coming here to read MM, and it is real a surprise. You know, maybe Milan board is reading MM

As Gabriel wrote, it´s interesting because Jucilei is still overlooked here in Brazil. He´s sharing time as a starter with players with more name(and age) like Marcelo Mattos, as in the last defeat of Corinthians when he came of the bench and score a head goal.

I´m really surprised by this news, really... Because Jucilei is a like "my bet" for a future star. Normally, before I hype someone here as a "Milan material", I wait for the player to carry a big team in Brazil, or at least be one of the top-3 of the team.
With Jucilei, I hurried the things a little bit, because is not everyday you see a #5 with that type of talent(in a big body), and delivering in a club where the pressure is unreal... plus, he´a hard-worker lad with a Pato´s like attitude. Very humble and class act. Can´t see this guy floping...


Sure, right now I can see several Milan fans arround the world(and web) frustrated since he´s virtually unknow. But with our new politics transfer, we need to "find" players before the likes of Real Madird, Chelsea, Barça. M. United take notice... and at least here in Brazil we can do it. In Europe it´s hard.

If you go on "Kaka´s father thread", you will find a post that I wrote about Alex Teixeira some time ago(maybe a year or two). His club was in a mess, he was playing bad, Vasco fans unhappy about him... But the talent was there for anyone to see. Now, after what he´s displaying at WC Under-20, and the game today against Uruguai, his price is more high than ever... and I don´t know if we can compete for his purchase.

One thing is for sure, with our conections in Brazil(and with Internacional), we can´t let a #10 like Giuliano to escape of our hands. Like with Pato in the near past, we need to spend to secure this guy. Get rid of Ronaldinho and let this kid grow as our new AMD. I´m not saying he´s the new kaká(different styles), but he can help us right now... and a lot!!

Regarding David: His name is also in "kaka´s father thread" as I wrote about him some years ago. He started South America under-20 championship(Pato and Lucas team) on the bench, but in the first chance became the starter. But his unprofessional behavior on Palmeiras cooled my interest. He was doing great at Flamengo, but sunday he broke a bone face and will be out for some time. Talented, but we can do better...

Maldonado if I´m not wrong is Juan Maldonado, the left back of Flamengo. To not waste more time of you guys, It´s a Cicinho of the left. Also, very arrogant and selfish(imo)... and since they read it here, Mgt, stay away!!!
thanks for the post Brasileiro, interesting to read as always. I was pretty surprised to read Jucilei's name myself, but I've only seen it mentioned on milannews and that's it, so it may be rubbish.

Giuliano looks like an interesting player from the little I've seen of him in the U20 World Cup. I can understand if we miss out on him, as there are quite a lot of young talented attacking midfielders. If we get someone like Jovetic or Hamsik and not Giuliano then I'll accept missing out on him.

The good news is with the names mentioned from Brazil, it looks like we're looking at areas of the team we need to seriously improve, as we're linked to wingbacks, powerful central midfielders and attacking midfielders.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 04:06   #693

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Dev, beside GK, all areas of Milan needs to be improve and that includes CB(as there is no depth).
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 04:15   #694

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Jovetic would cost maybe even 30mln now, Idoubt Milan can pay that unless some outside money is inserted. Giuliano would cost less then that for sure. But I agree, if we are able to buy Jovetic I'd take him in a second. For a 19 year old he plays extremly well. Him and Pato together ) with a player like Dzeko ) would make a great tridente.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 04:57   #695

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Dev, beside GK, all areas of Milan needs to be improve and that includes CB(as there is no depth).
Exactly. I think there is no depth to the CB position bcs Onyewu is so untested at top European level. Leo should introduce him more often as a sub, bcs I still don't trust Kaladze at this point.

The full back position needs a serious review. Zambrotta is fading with age. He lost his attacking ability for a couple of seasons now, but was always solid in defending his flank. Now he is not....

Janko and Oddo are not worth speaking about. I think we should give Abate a shot, bcs unlike Janko, he is fiesty and has a good tackling technique...

Rafihna of Schalke would not be out of question, and a perfect fit for our problems.

Once again, not demanding too much of the Board, but our midfield needs an injection of speed. You have Pirlo, who is slow and lacks defensive capabilities (but makes up with his passing), Flamini (who i think is well balanced , but not too fast), and the very slow Gatusso/Ambro. Not a midfield with one aspect of speed hey? Would Mariga fit in here alongisde Flamini and Pirlo?

Lastly for attack, there is no debating that Pato and Hunterlaar have the ability and hunger to suceed. Let's pls give them one more chance. As for Dihno.... Yes, we are needing a fast vibrant playmaker, but I think we lack the funds for it, UNLESS, we can snag someone for cheap from Brazil (Marquinhos?)

Please comment


BTW, please read this about Antonini: http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans...ls-napoli-talk
__________________
Galliani laughed: “I don’t know what his face looks like. Mine is ugly and is a Rossoneri face…”

Last edited by guestes; 08-10-2009 at 05:00.
guestes is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 05:16   #696

Rossoneri Fuego

Registered User
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: San Francisco California USA
Fave Players: Nesta R80 Beckham Rino
Rossoneri Fuego is on a distinguished road
i swear its driving me insane we're just like 3 players away from glory and if we're not getting any players the young guns aka albertazzi,zigoni,di gennaro
(whens hes back) borriello is damaged and old now this should be his last season i know most of you guys think klass is garbage but he needs help from his midfield, jovetic would be the dream the young serb already has blown up id be extremely upset if we dont try if we're being cheap as hell we should look like this in 442 set up since leo has finally learned THAT WE CANT RUN A OPEN 4312

-----------Storari or Abbiati----------------

Abate---Nesta----Silva----Crescito,Bale,Rafinha,Drenthe

----Hernanes----Pirlo------Jovetic,Marquinho,Rafa Van Der Vaart, Flamini


-------Pato

--------------------Klass,Dzeko,Zigoni?


i swear we're not that far away 2 new attacking midfielders and 1 RWB because it doesnt matter what striker you have up top, if you cant get service you wont score
Rossoneri Fuego is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 05:34   #697

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I think MIlan needs more than 3 players to be hunting for glory unless those three are any of these 3: Maicon, Kaka, CR7, Messi, Ibra, Gerrard, Rooney, Ribery, Gourcuff, or Drogba.

Sadly, two of the names mentioned were Milan players in the summer.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 06:09   #698

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
latest link is Luiz Suarez from Ajax!!
he would be FANTASTIC!!! He scores like crazy, gives assists, is involved in every attack, + is already their captain, as a 22yo foreigner thats amazing!

This guy is sooo damn good, ajax with or without him is totally different, they cant do without him. he scored 28goals last season in all competitions, this season he already got 16 in 10 games!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Alberto_Su%C3%A1rez

negative:
-he will be very expensive!!
-real and barca are also interested
Filipéz 182 is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 07:20   #699

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Dev, beside GK, all areas of Milan needs to be improve and that includes CB(as there is no depth).
True, but I was just talking about players needed to make a competitive first team. The squad is a much bigger issue.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 08:00   #700

johncharles365

Registered User
 
johncharles365's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2009
Location: london
Fave Players: maldini, flamini, shevchenko, leonardo, albertini
johncharles365 is on a distinguished road
Of course Briada is in Brazil scouting for possible future acquisitions, there was even a mention of Briada observing Neymar who i would like to see at Milan in 1 or 2 seasons time but for the time being will have a limited impact on the Milan squad. Milan needs to prioritise transfer target i have no problem with Dzeko coming but when the club has 4 decent strikers and paloshci zigoni verdi all in contention for a spot at Milan next season do we need another 24 million euro striker?
johncharles365 is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 10:10   #701

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossoneri Fuego View Post
i swear its driving me insane we're just like 3 players away from glory and if we're not getting any players the young guns aka albertazzi,zigoni,di gennaro
(whens hes back) borriello is damaged and old now this should be his last season i know most of you guys think klass is garbage but he needs help from his midfield, jovetic would be the dream the young serb already has blown up id be extremely upset if we dont try if we're being cheap as hell we should look like this in 442 set up since leo has finally learned THAT WE CANT RUN A OPEN 4312

-----------Storari or Abbiati----------------

Abate---Nesta----Silva----Crescito,Bale,Rafinha,Drenthe

----Hernanes----Pirlo------Jovetic,Marquinho,Rafa Van Der Vaart, Flamini


-------Pato

--------------------Klass,Dzeko,Zigoni?


i swear we're not that far away 2 new attacking midfielders and 1 RWB because it doesnt matter what striker you have up top, if you cant get service you wont score
i think 4 players -


Marco Motta, Cristico, Hernanes, Mariga.
they all should cost between 8-15 mil and we should be able to make about 15 or so selling Dinho back to Brazil. so lets say the 4 of them would cost around 50 mil - 15 so the total cost would be around 35 mil. thats not that bad at all.

the team would look like-

--------------Stoari----------------
--Motta-Nesta-Silva-Cristico--
----Margia--Hernanes--Flamini---
--------------Pirlo--------------
-------Pato----------Huntelaar-------

that is a very strong team with a strong bench. this team would only have 3 starters over 30, and they could really run which is something that we dont have now. Huntelaar is going to be fine once he gets used to Italy and Pato and him should be a dangerous duo up top. Pirlo will be free to create. The midfield would be able to run, defend, and pass, and would be the best young midfield in the world. The defense would also be increadebly strong as well. the bench would have players like Abate, Inzaghi, Zambrotta, etc. that is a winning team
pirlofanusa is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 10:47   #702

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
thanks for the post Brasileiro, interesting to read as always. I was pretty surprised to read Jucilei's name myself, but I've only seen it mentioned on milannews and that's it, so it may be rubbish.

Giuliano looks like an interesting player from the little I've seen of him in the U20 World Cup. I can understand if we miss out on him, as there are quite a lot of young talented attacking midfielders. If we get someone like Jovetic or Hamsik and not Giuliano then I'll accept missing out on him.

The good news is with the names mentioned from Brazil, it looks like we're looking at areas of the team we need to seriously improve, as we're linked to wingbacks, powerful central midfielders and attacking midfielders.
Jovetic is playing at a high level, but imo he´s a forward... I really can´t see him making the same impact as a AMD. Sure I can be wrong, but imo he will be more like a third forward than a real attacking midfielder. But him in the place of Huntelaar could be amazing.

Jucilei did great yesterday against Fluminense in a game for open TV(for all the country), and it was funny to see the pundits taking notice of him... One even said he was the less hyped purchase by Corinthians(less than DeFederico, Edno, Edu, M. Mattos), but is the one that is deliving better. Look, the hype is starting...

@mrki Sorry, just now I saw your post of some days ago. Look, I didn´t bash Dzeko... as I said before, in my personal order, he came after Luis Fabiano and away before than Huntelaar. What I said it was to early to label him as a no brainer purchase, since Grafitti outplayed him. Imo he was the one to keep an eye... The player that I was against the purchase was Huntelaar.

I really hope he proves me wrong(as he clarly know how to score), but he´s too soft to make a impact in Serie A. Put that with his dificult to create for himsefl and our mid, and you have a recipe for a fail.

Back to Brazil, anyone knows what the situation with Milan and that Brazilian young keeper from Santos, Felipe? The kid is starting to mature(now a starter) and is doing great? Is he our player?
Thanks
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 10:52   #703

Gio-mania

Registered User
 
Gio-mania's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Fave Players: Kaká, Ringhio, Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi etc
Gio-mania is on a distinguished road
Pirlofanusa I think you are very optimistic in thinking we can get 15 mil for Dinho...
Also consider that Hernanes and Mariga are non EU-players, and that Criscito and Motta play for UEFA-competition teams so that wouldnt allow them to play in europe for us. Although, quite frankly, by january I am not entirely sure we will still be in any continental competition...
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Gio-mania is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 11:23   #704

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
True, but we can hope a little can't we?
That's all is left for us these days, sadly. But hope, by all means.

Cheers,
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 11:35   #705

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Thanks for the info, my friend. Some days without coming here to read MM, and it is real a surprise. You know, maybe Milan board is reading MM

As Gabriel wrote, it´s interesting because Jucilei is still overlooked here in Brazil. He´s sharing time as a starter with players with more name(and age) like Marcelo Mattos, as in the last defeat of Corinthians when he came of the bench and score a head goal.

I´m really surprised by this news, really... Because Jucilei is a like "my bet" for a future star. Normally, before I hype someone here as a "Milan material", I wait for the player to carry a big team in Brazil, or at least be one of the top-3 of the team.
With Jucilei, I hurried the things a little bit, because is not everyday you see a #5 with that type of talent(in a big body), and delivering in a club where the pressure is unreal... plus, he´a hard-worker lad with a Pato´s like attitude. Very humble and class act. Can´t see this guy floping...


Sure, right now I can see several Milan fans arround the world(and web) frustrated since he´s virtually unknow. But with our new politics transfer, we need to "find" players before the likes of Real Madird, Chelsea, Barça. M. United take notice... and at least here in Brazil we can do it. In Europe it´s hard.

If you go on "Kaka´s father thread", you will find a post that I wrote about Alex Teixeira some time ago(maybe a year or two). His club was in a mess, he was playing bad, Vasco fans unhappy about him... But the talent was there for anyone to see. Now, after what he´s displaying at WC Under-20, and the game today against Uruguai, his price is more high than ever... and I don´t know if we can compete for his purchase.

One thing is for sure, with our conections in Brazil(and with Internacional), we can´t let a #10 like Giuliano to escape of our hands. Like with Pato in the near past, we need to spend to secure this guy. Get rid of Ronaldinho and let this kid grow as our new AMD. I´m not saying he´s the new kaká(different styles), but he can help us right now... and a lot!!

Regarding David: His name is also in "kaka´s father thread" as I wrote about him some years ago. He started South America under-20 championship(Pato and Lucas team) on the bench, but in the first chance became the starter. But his unprofessional behavior on Palmeiras cooled my interest. He was doing great at Flamengo, but sunday he broke a bone face and will be out for some time. Talented, but we can do better...

Maldonado if I´m not wrong is Juan Maldonado, the left back of Flamengo. To not waste more time of you guys, It´s a Cicinho of the left. Also, very arrogant and selfish(imo)... and since they read it here, Mgt, stay away!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Jovetic is playing at a high level, but imo he´s a forward... I really can´t see him making the same impact as a AMD. Sure I can be wrong, but imo he will be more like a third forward than a real attacking midfielder. But him in the place of Huntelaar could be amazing.

Jucilei did great yesterday against Fluminense in a game for open TV(for all the country), and it was funny to see the pundits taking notice of him... One even said he was the less hyped purchase by Corinthians(less than DeFederico, Edno, Edu, M. Mattos), but is the one that is deliving better. Look, the hype is starting...

@mrki Sorry, just now I saw your post of some days ago. Look, I didn´t bash Dzeko... as I said before, in my personal order, he came after Luis Fabiano and away before than Huntelaar. What I said it was to early to label him as a no brainer purchase, since Grafitti outplayed him. Imo he was the one to keep an eye... The player that I was against the purchase was Huntelaar.

I really hope he proves me wrong(as he clarly know how to score), but he´s too soft to make a impact in Serie A. Put that with his dificult to create for himsefl and our mid, and you have a recipe for a fail.

Back to Brazil, anyone knows what the situation with Milan and that Brazilian young keeper from Santos, Felipe? The kid is starting to mature(now a starter) and is doing great? Is he our player?
Thanks
As always, informative posts. Thanks, buddy.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:40.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.