AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-10-2009, 17:50   #106

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Guys, a win is a win....3 points when I expected 1 or none is welcome, most appreciated, and quite timely.

We leap up the table, while denying a rival previously above us valuable points...indeed, even building morale as we look to the mid-week tussle in the UCL.

Hopefully we will have escaped injury, and won't miss any key players through suspension for that match.

As for Ambrosini's red, I hope we protest his card. He was one of the few players to not disappoint in today's game.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 21:20   #107

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
why didnt Stoari play?
pirlofanusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 22:15   #108

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlofanusa View Post
why didnt Stoari play?
Apparently he got injured, they still haven't said anything about how long he'll be out, if he'll be out, yet.

Just watched Maestro21's (Best channel on youtube!!! )Pato/Ronaldinho video, and I have to say there's some pretty cool stuff in there.

I know alot of people don't think Ronaldinho has anything to do in Milan, and really it is deserved on Ronnie's part, but really, I can't help but feel excited to watch him play. Some times it's aggrivating, but the thing is that sometimes he just does something amazing like today. That goal today was amazing. I bet no other player in the world could give an assist like that. First he slips away from two Roma players, and then immediately spots Pato and gives him a perfect pass over 50'ish meters... Not to mention Pato's finish of the whole thing.

Great stuff. Now let's hope the players have some air left for Real Madrid so it doesn't turn out like we all fear.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 22:51   #109

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Finally, a day to be proud for a Milan fan. It's been a while since we fought like that and pushed on til we got the win. I thought it was a completely deserved win. Nobody here has mentioned the fact that we hit the post twice and had a goal line clearance. Sometimes it's just down to luck and we really havent had our fair share.

As for formations, I quite liked the 4-4-2 in the first half. My only complaint would've been our fullbacks---esp Zambrotta who were completely atrocious---lacked pace, crossing ability, and can never track back on time once possession is lost. Otherwise, Pato looked great as an all out striker, some of his dribbles reminded me of the real Ronaldo (yes, the fat one ).

Second half 4-3-3 also looked decent. With Pato and Dinho out wide, we really spread out the Roma defense and made more room in the middle. With a couple of good, pacy wide players this team can really make a difference.
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 22:58   #110

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlofanusa View Post
why didnt Stoari play?
I heard that he had flu.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 22:59   #111

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
A win, yeah, lets see what the team can do against Real.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 23:13   #112

Lebanese

Registered User
 
Lebanese's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt9 View Post
Pato looked great as an all out striker, some of his dribbles reminded me of the real Ronaldo (yes, the fat one ).
yeah i noticed that on seedorf`s lost ball, he dribbled the way ronaldo does
__________________
Quote:
" ...I'm sure this will be my last stop, there is nothing more than Milan, Milan is the best for me. Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
Lebanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 23:45   #113

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I did not watch the game, but from some of the comments I read on a Chinese forum, it seemed like Seedorf is being booed every time he touched the ball. Is that the case, if so, GREAT JOB SAN SIRO MILAN FANS.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 23:45   #114

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Maybe one of the worst performances of Milan in first half ... we were simply horrible and would have deserved to concede 2 or 3 goals, we were lucky.

Some people mentionned we hit the post twice, actually, we hit it once only as Seedorf was offside when Doni pushed the ball on his post ...

The 4-4-2 of the first half was useless as everything we tempted was easy to predict (pass on the right, pass on the left, etc, but never forward, and we were never dangerous).

The second half was totally different: Thiago Silva came back like a hero, Ronaldinho finally managed to do something (after many many many balls lost ... anyway, for me, it's not a great performance from him even with a goal and a decisive pass, I mean, he didn't manage to dribble players, tried many times to dribble when he had 4-5 opponents around him and lost the ball to many times even in second half), and Pato was just ... Pato, the others send balls forward, and it's Pato who has to always run to take the ball.

The 4-3-3 formation from the second half isn't very good too: Pato is too much on the right of the middle line instead of trying to be more forward (just behind Inzaghi). Same for Ronaldinho, he showed his current weakness on one occasion of the second half: our team took the ball, Ronaldinho passed to Pato and didn't follow the guys whereas even Seedorf ran to go with Pato (and it's Seedorf who tried to finish this occasion) ...

Nesta was decent/good (not more), Oddo was a joke during all the game, and we also saw the ghost of Zambrotta yesterday ...

Oh and I forgot, there is a clear penalty not given to Menez, and the one we had was ... umh ... let's say that I understand why Roma players protested so much !!

It will be a totally different game against Real as they will not hesitate to keep the ball ... and when you see how Menez and co managed to dribble into our side of the pitch until they can shoot, I'm a bit afraid that highways will be also opened for Kaka' ...
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 00:01   #115

tim_milan

Registered User
 
tim_milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2008
Location: abu dhabi
Fave Players: baresi,maldini,nesta and van basten
tim_milan is on a distinguished road
I am glad we ve finally got a breather. I couldnt watch the entire match coz of my lousy cable connection. I would like to know if Milan displayed a better perfomance compared to the first half coz as far as i had seen the game, Milan were not that great not including the slip fom Thiago. Thiago s always been a first team player for me and superstars have made mistakes too, so its not a big thing according to me. But Seedorf and Zambrotta, people of such caliber and experience, when they tend to loose the ball so cheaply it makes u feel disgusted and even more when they dont even attempt to get the ball back. And come on we are playing on home turf and we are struggling. A win is a win-true, but every time i sit down to watch Milan play i am just hoping.
__________________
"You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four."
tim_milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 00:31   #116

tim_milan

Registered User
 
tim_milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2008
Location: abu dhabi
Fave Players: baresi,maldini,nesta and van basten
tim_milan is on a distinguished road
Oh yes and i forgot, Roma played without Totti and thats pretty much like playing with 10 men coz i wud not like to think of the havoc that he would have created had he been playing. I am saying this simply coz we couldnt handle Menez, Vucinic, De rossi and co. and my comments are based on our first half performance as thats how far i watched the game. Thats why i would like to know if our performance in the second half was anything but ordinary.
__________________
"You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four."
tim_milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 00:53   #117

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
I see that there is your signature again, with a even bigger font this time. Don't make it disappear again.
Heh. I had a moment of weakness. But I did actually have it up a few days before the Roma game.
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 02:59   #118

LebRN

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2009
Location: Dubai
Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
LebRN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Maybe one of the worst performances of Milan in first half ... we were simply horrible and would have deserved to concede 2 or 3 goals, we were lucky.

Some people mentionned we hit the post twice, actually, we hit it once only as Seedorf was offside when Doni pushed the ball on his post ...

The 4-4-2 of the first half was useless as everything we tempted was easy to predict (pass on the right, pass on the left, etc, but never forward, and we were never dangerous).

The second half was totally different: Thiago Silva came back like a hero, Ronaldinho finally managed to do something (after many many many balls lost ... anyway, for me, it's not a great performance from him even with a goal and a decisive pass, I mean, he didn't manage to dribble players, tried many times to dribble when he had 4-5 opponents around him and lost the ball to many times even in second half), and Pato was just ... Pato, the others send balls forward, and it's Pato who has to always run to take the ball.

The 4-3-3 formation from the second half isn't very good too: Pato is too much on the right of the middle line instead of trying to be more forward (just behind Inzaghi). Same for Ronaldinho, he showed his current weakness on one occasion of the second half: our team took the ball, Ronaldinho passed to Pato and didn't follow the guys whereas even Seedorf ran to go with Pato (and it's Seedorf who tried to finish this occasion) ...

Nesta was decent/good (not more), Oddo was a joke during all the game, and we also saw the ghost of Zambrotta yesterday ...

Oh and I forgot, there is a clear penalty not given to Menez, and the one we had was ... umh ... let's say that I understand why Roma players protested so much !!

It will be a totally different game against Real as they will not hesitate to keep the ball ... and when you see how Menez and co managed to dribble into our side of the pitch until they can shoot, I'm a bit afraid that highways will be also opened for Kaka' ...
maybe you are right about some if the stuff you said, but give the guys a break: they have been playing horribly since the start of the season and none of us imagined we could win yesterday...and going down to a that kind of goal after 3 minutes makes the win even more important...not for the 3 points as much as for the moral...we were not excellent but we did enough and for me that is more than i hoped for..i just hope they could build on that and keppe improving...
LebRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 03:37   #119

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I didn't see the match other than the last 20 minutes. From what I've seen, the first half was a struggle and we suffered counter attacks, with Dida making some good saves. The penalty was certain for me, as Burdisso slid in and tangled Nesta's legs. I've not seen Roma's claim though.

As for Pato's goal, it reminded me of his goal against Napoli in his debut. Same movement, very similar pass and something I'd like to see him doing regularly when playing from wide areas.

In the last 20minutes we suffered, but shut out Roma well. Oddo struggled with Guberti, but the central pairing of Nesta and Thiago shone. Ambro was reckless though I was surprised he got red (though I think he had a yellow which makes it more understandable). During this time I was really impressed with Pato and Dinho. Dinho ran back a lot and worked hard (something I really appreciate) and Pato was clever on the ball, holding it and slowing the play down. He was also a constant threat and easily could have had another and set up a fourth.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 04:25   #120

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
Guys, a win is a win....3 points when I expected 1 or none is welcome, most appreciated, and quite timely.

We leap up the table, while denying a rival previously above us valuable points...indeed, even building morale as we look to the mid-week tussle in the UCL.
Agreed. The determination of the team is laudable. So far this season I've seen us playing with neither creativity nor spirit. Surprisingly, the team showed both last night. I expected us to sunk lower after such a terrible mistake by Silva and the goal that followed. We suffered from the counter attacks, but slowly regain the confidence.

I really admired Dinho's work rate. I never thought I would say that again but we all know what he's capable of doing when he pours his heart into a game. He deservedly felt a bit disappointed when being taken out, and it's written in his face when the camera showed the moment he and Leo walked after the game was over.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
As for Ambrosini's red, I hope we protest his card. He was one of the few players to not disappoint in today's game.
Now, this is the part where I respectfully disagree. He did his part okay, but I think the way he got the first booking is stupid. The second one, though a bit harsh, is more understandable since we can't jump without moving both our hands for balance.

And this is one of our weaknesses IMO: committing unecessary foul that leads to being yellow-carded. Rino did it weeks ago when being shown the second YC after harsh tackle in the midfield sector. Flamini does it so often, getting booked early, that eventually stopping him from being as agrressive as he would like to be.

On the side notes, I just hope that Leo noticed how Oddo was blatantly the weak sector that Roma continued to exploit towards the end of the game. Anyway, I'm satisfied with both the result and the performance. When Pato scored, I must have waken the entire neighborhood with my holler. It's like being rewarded something that's been wrongfully withheld for a long, long time. And boy, does it feel soooo great!!
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.