AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 21:14   #1111

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
I see.. but you didn't tell me, do you think he can replace Pirlo in the starting lineup? or can he just be a backup? do you think it's worth it to spend our last Non-EU spot on him for January?
Sorry, hitmannq8... Didnīt saw your question.

He has all the tools to replace Pirlo in the starting lineup. But also to play in Seedorf role. What I like about him is that he doesnīt need to hold the ball too long to be efective.

Of course he will have to be used to the pace and the lack of space in Serie A and Europe, but as he likes to make the ball run(and not run with it), imo he will have less adaptation problems than others Brazilians players. Will help from day 1...

Didnīt like to say it because I just saw our new kid Adiyah playing in the Under-20 WC, but imo heīs far from a player that will help us right now(if to help in the future). Before people jump at me, I know he was the top scorer, and chosed the best of the Under-20 WC(questionable, because imo the fullback from Ghana was the best of the team), but he didnīt impress me on the field...

Look, Iīm always less critical with them(under-20 players) because they arenīt "ready players" yet, and I overlook a serie of defects typical of the age, but this kid(besides the goals) didnīt show much to caught my eyes. He was annulled by Rafael Toloi in the final(nothing wrong because Rafael is a great CB prospect) but was also for the other Brazil CB(Danton) that was very insecure all the tournament.

What it is worse is that hes being bought to give a rest to Pato, and imo it is a big mistake. The kid shows scoring ability, but not the package to be a second striker or a wing player. At least from what I saw in WC...

Donīt you guys think itīs strange that at this low price only us jump in the wagon? After watching him I became unimpressed, but It was just one competition. But It appears that scouts from others teams also didnīt became impressed with what this kid showed, and I have no doubt they have more footage about him than just that WC under-20...

So hitmannq8, back to your question, and praying to be wrong, imo we are doing a huge mistake in January market once again. Hernanes would be worth(imo) the non-EU spot, but this boy, no way!

Now Adiyah, I really hope you proves me wrong... Sincerely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post

The best choice would be if we could find the player who can play both LSS and CM/AM but it would be very hard, cause there's hardly a player who can score some goals and defend when needed. I don't want to speculate also, once Galliani mention some names, we can discuss. He already said that we need a SS. That Ghanian is surely a long term investment, but we need the player who can play NOW.
Good point, Revolver... and thats what makes me believe even more that Giuliano is the guy for Milan. He can play in Ronaldinho and Seedorf roles of now, and can be also a amazing CAM(or AMD) for us if we come back to our typical formation 4-3-1-2...

Last edited by Brasileiro; 01-11-2009 at 21:26.
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 01-11-2009, 21:27   #1112

nhoxanh

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2008
nhoxanh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
So hitmannq8, back to your question, and praying to be wrong, imo we are doing a huge mistake in January market once again. Hernanes would be worth(imo) the non-EU spot, but this boy, no way!
I find that ridiculous that people keep asking for this player, that player, and blaming Galliani all the time.

Dont you see the fact that WE HAVE NO MONEY to spend on winter transfer? And that is why we can only get this kid?

Galliani is not stupid like what everybody here makes him to be. He simply cannot do anything without money, period.

So get that fact (WE HAVE NO MONEY), and complain less.
nhoxanh is offline  
Old 01-11-2009, 21:48   #1113

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhoxanh View Post
I find that ridiculous that people keep asking for this player, that player, and blaming Galliani all the time.

Dont you see the fact that WE HAVE NO MONEY to spend on winter transfer? And that is why we can only get this kid?

Galliani is not stupid like what everybody here makes him to be. He simply cannot do anything without money, period.

So get that fact (WE HAVE NO MONEY), and complain less.
What? Complain?

I was giving my opinion to a friend about a player, whats the problem?

If you know anything about me, you would have know Iīm of the "MGT support team" here in MM. Plus, thereīs a HUGE difference between being critical of a purchase and call Galliani stupid. Never called him stupid in MM, but disagree some times about some of the mgt decisions...

I see no problem with it. As of right now, when I think itīs better not waste a non-EU spot on a kid that didnīt do anything in professional football to be given that.

Btw, youīre no moderator, and Iīm not breaking any rule, so donīt try to tell me what I need to post... itīs not your right or job.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhoxanh View Post
same age as Pato, but cheap, and even more proven than Pato at world-cup level
.
Didnīt saw that before to answering you... Now is everything clear to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
We've apparantly signed a player.... from my #1 hate team in the world Fredrikstad....

Dominic Adiyiah has been bought for around 1,430,000 EURO. Only thing remaining is the players contract but cant see that being a problem.

There's also future percents of next sale involved aswell.

The player has had around 1 match played in this years norwegian top league. He's impressed in the U-20 world cup.

**** this player, i dont care if he comes here. Can't see what he's gonna be doing here anyways....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arildonardo View Post
Adiyiah is nowhere near the level required to play for Milan yet. This season he hasn't even been good enough to play for the 14th best team in Norway. If he is signed he will be loaned out like other youngsters.
I was a little worried of to be being a little unfair with Adiyah, since I only watched him in WC. But you guys(with more knowledge) just have the same impression, That this boy isnīt ready for "adult football"... Thanks for the opinion.

Last edited by Brasileiro; 01-11-2009 at 22:04.
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 01-11-2009, 22:28   #1114

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
how much would Andrea Mazzarani cost? he could be a replacement for Pirlo down the road
pirlofanusa is offline  
Old 01-11-2009, 23:47   #1115

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
when will di Gennaro be fit? he gives us another option to help keep Seedorf and Dinho fresh
pirlofanusa is offline  
Old 02-11-2009, 01:53   #1116

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
Pirlofan, I agree, if Juventus can seriously get Motta for 7, we should be able to go for him as well. Maxwell went to Barca for 4.5, for God's sake.

I really think that Oddo and Antonini coming to form for Milan is a huge relief for us. I don't want to jinx anything, but if we put out a lineup, of say:

------------Dida
--Oddo--Nesta--Thiago--Antonini
----Abate--Pirlo---Seedorf
---Pato---Borriello--Ronaldinho

That's at least four Milan-made players. Oddo, Antonini, Abate, and Borriello. Who knows if Di Gennaro won't come good? Not to mention the likes of Albertazzi, Zigoni, and Verdi.

I look at this as a good sign for Milan's youth department, maybe it's not as bad as we think it is? Plus, it seems the current crop we've bought is supposedly highly talented. I don't know, maybe it's just that we're winning, but I think Milan is trying to adapt to a more youth-orientated policy of buying youngster and bringing them through our ranks.

This is what Barca does, and if you look at their starting 11, at least the one on wikipedia, they have like 7 home-grown players. I would really love to see Milan do that as well.
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 02-11-2009, 02:15   #1117

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlofanusa View Post
when will di Gennaro be fit? he gives us another option to help keep Seedorf and Dinho fresh
Yes, but di gennaro doens't really score goals, depsite playing in a relatively advanced position.
BTW, just out of curiosity, who do you think should start at RB against Madrid on Tuesday? Oddo or Abate? For me, Oddo may be in good form, but doesn't offer real quality. I would like to see how Madrid would handle Abate's pace.

Just intereted to know, will this be Janko's last year at Milan? SInce he is doing little in terms of playing time (I believe Oddo, Antonini, Zambrotta and Abate are ahead of him), we should try and include him in some swap deal in order to compensate for a lack of funding.
__________________
Galliani laughed: “I don’t know what his face looks like. Mine is ugly and is a Rossoneri face…”

Last edited by guestes; 02-11-2009 at 02:23.
guestes is offline  
Old 02-11-2009, 02:24   #1118

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Pirlofan, I agree, if Juventus can seriously get Motta for 7, we should be able to go for him as well. Maxwell went to Barca for 4.5, for God's sake.

I really think that Oddo and Antonini coming to form for Milan is a huge relief for us. I don't want to jinx anything, but if we put out a lineup, of say:

------------Dida
--Oddo--Nesta--Thiago--Antonini
----Abate--Pirlo---Seedorf
---Pato---Borriello--Ronaldinho

That's at least four Milan-made players. Oddo, Antonini, Abate, and Borriello. Who knows if Di Gennaro won't come good? Not to mention the likes of Albertazzi, Zigoni, and Verdi.

I look at this as a good sign for Milan's youth department, maybe it's not as bad as we think it is? Plus, it seems the current crop we've bought is supposedly highly talented. I don't know, maybe it's just that we're winning, but I think Milan is trying to adapt to a more youth-orientated policy of buying youngster and bringing them through our ranks.

This is what Barca does, and if you look at their starting 11, at least the one on wikipedia, they have like 7 home-grown players. I would really love to see Milan do that as well.
Has anyone even seen Albertazzi in action? Galliani was raving about him pre season, but he has yet to feauture. I think he may have played aginst LA Galaxy
__________________
Galliani laughed: “I don’t know what his face looks like. Mine is ugly and is a Rossoneri face…”
guestes is offline  
Old 02-11-2009, 05:42   #1119

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saliwonczyk View Post
Has anyone even seen Albertazzi in action? Galliani was raving about him pre season, but he has yet to feauture. I think he may have played aginst LA Galaxy
Well, he was at the under-20 World Cup and was one of the stand out defenders of the tournament. Let's wait for him to settle back at the club before we see what happens to him.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 02-11-2009, 05:51   #1120

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
Well, he was at the under-20 World Cup and was one of the stand out defenders of the tournament. Let's wait for him to settle back at the club before we see what happens to him.
Agreed, but I see it as hard for the youngster to slot in. Leo still feels the pressure despite recent displays, and I think he will go for the safer (not necessarily better) options in Oddo/Antonini/Abate. Still yet to be convinced by Oddo, and it is plain that Janko and Zambrotta are dropping off, so as you said, you never know....
__________________
Galliani laughed: “I don’t know what his face looks like. Mine is ugly and is a Rossoneri face…”
guestes is offline  
Old 02-11-2009, 07:41   #1121

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
In order to try to promote the young players, we have to give them playing time. We cannot expect for them to sit on the bench or playing for youth teams all year long and then suddenly turn into star players. With plenty of veterans on the field, we should be able to let one or two of them play and bring them along the way we did with Kaka and now Silva. A guy like Albertazzi should've taken over Favalli's spot a while ago and yet he is still playing for the youth team. Look at what age Barcelona brought in Messi to play for the first team and you will understand why we will never be able to develop talent the way they do. We have no confidence in young players, we just like their price tags.
slifersd is offline  
Old 02-11-2009, 09:56   #1122

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
We've bought half the contract of the 16 year old midfielder Edmund Hottor from Tristiana according to Milannews.it. Apparently he cost us 800.000 Euro's. Another one for the future.
Christian is offline  
Old 02-11-2009, 10:37   #1123

pirlofanusa

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saliwonczyk View Post
Yes, but di gennaro doens't really score goals, depsite playing in a relatively advanced position.
BTW, just out of curiosity, who do you think should start at RB against Madrid on Tuesday? Oddo or Abate? For me, Oddo may be in good form, but doesn't offer real quality. I would like to see how Madrid would handle Abate's pace.

Just intereted to know, will this be Janko's last year at Milan? SInce he is doing little in terms of playing time (I believe Oddo, Antonini, Zambrotta and Abate are ahead of him), we should try and include him in some swap deal in order to compensate for a lack of funding.
Janks is currently hurt, that is why he isnt playing. For Madrid I might start Zambro at RB and Antonini at LB.
pirlofanusa is offline  
Old 02-11-2009, 11:17   #1124

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlofanusa View Post
Janks is currently hurt, that is why he isnt playing. For Madrid I might start Zambro at RB and Antonini at LB.
Oddo is a must start, he has never failed in these big games!!! He is very disciplined defender, and that is what we need tomorrow, cuz I`m pretty sure Leo will limit the FBs with the attacking options. We can not expect the full back to roam forward freely like against Parma.
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline  
Old 02-11-2009, 12:41   #1125

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
This is another one alibi purchase from Galliani after the "15mln" Huntelaar...

Best U20 wc player for almost nothing and here you go - "we bought the best u20 player and we are fine!"

While in REALITY we needed someone as Hernanes, player like Suarez ( that can play at high level NOW. The question is he top class or not is still to be seen ), and a great fullback.

Milan did nothing again. MAYBE, if Leonadro choose this player and decided he needs him and the boy surprises all of us... but I doubt he will.

G.Rossi can play as a winger Galliani... but he would cost money.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:35.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.