AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 03:15   #31

tim_milan

Registered User
 
tim_milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2008
Location: abu dhabi
Fave Players: baresi,maldini,nesta and van basten
tim_milan is on a distinguished road
Need to win this one too. Lazio are not doing too well, but we just cant write them off. Im hoping for a good performance from our team. With regards to Boriello, i believe he s been doing better in the sense that he s able to ward off the defenders and keep possesion and provide the ball for Pato or someone else to score. Huntlaar needs some games but we cant risk a game waiting for him to click coz we dont have the luxury to do so. Whenever he gets the chance he should make good use of it and he s a top class striker. Otherwise i would like to see the team which played Parma. FORZA MILAN
__________________
"You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four."
tim_milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:29   #32

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
I remember years ago when Carletto said that he expected Crespo to start scoring in November cos he needed time to gel with other players. And he was right.

Let's hope the same thing apply to Hunter. If not, there's always the next month
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:59   #33

El Fre

Registered User
 
El Fre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: Zorro, KK, Maldini, Weah
El Fre is on a distinguished road
MILANELLO - Here is the situation player by player as of today, Friday 6 November 2009, on the basis of the indications of club doctor Massimo Manara.

RINO GATTUSO: He reported a distraction because of a fibrosis already present in a muscle in his right thigh.

RONALDINHO: Suffered a contusion during yesterday's training and did not train today. Tomorrow a new evaluation.

LUCA ANTONINI: He's recovered, today he worked with the team in a group.

DANIELE BONERA: He is training. He's doing the preparation.

DAVIDE DI GENNARO: Today a control visit from Dr. Martens. It was passed positively. He can return in the group.

MARCO STORARI: He went back to training. On Wednesday 11 November his return into the team will take place.

MAREK JANKULOVSKI: He's started the rehabilitation. Tomorrow his pins will be removed.

OGUCHI ONYEWU: He has started the rehabilitation in the United States.



By the looks of our medical situation, we probably won't see Ronnie and Rino playing.

I say:

Dida
Abate-Nesta-TS-Zambro
------Flamini---------
----Pirlo-Seedorf-----
Pato---Hunter----Borri


Yeah, and I saw your discussion about Dida.

He's been great since that silly mistake against Real in the first game. He made countless brilliant saves and very few mistakes.
About the goal in the second Real game, it wasn't his fault. Kaka's shot was very powerfull, and it hit our defender which changed its path...he saved it very good but Benzema was there to score from tight angle( off the post if I saw it correctly)...Where was Zambro? You can see he's just standing there doing nothing...it's his fault...
So enough with this. Dida sucked for a while but now he's great again.

http://www.goalsarena.com/index.php?...tlink&id=17523


FORZA MILAN!!!
El Fre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:26   #34

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Fre View Post
MILANELLO - Here is the situation player by player as of today, Friday 6 November 2009, on the basis of the indications of club doctor Massimo Manara.

RINO GATTUSO: He reported a distraction because of a fibrosis already present in a muscle in his right thigh.

RONALDINHO: Suffered a contusion during yesterday's training and did not train today. Tomorrow a new evaluation.

LUCA ANTONINI: He's recovered, today he worked with the team in a group.

DANIELE BONERA: He is training. He's doing the preparation.

DAVIDE DI GENNARO: Today a control visit from Dr. Martens. It was passed positively. He can return in the group.

MARCO STORARI: He went back to training. On Wednesday 11 November his return into the team will take place.

MAREK JANKULOVSKI: He's started the rehabilitation. Tomorrow his pins will be removed.

OGUCHI ONYEWU: He has started the rehabilitation in the United States.



By the looks of our medical situation, we probably won't see Ronnie and Rino playing.

I say:

Dida
Abate-Nesta-TS-Zambro
------Flamini---------
----Pirlo-Seedorf-----
Pato---Hunter----Borri


Yeah, and I saw your discussion about Dida.

He's been great since that silly mistake against Real in the first game. He made countless brilliant saves and very few mistakes.
About the goal in the second Real game, it wasn't his fault. Kaka's shot was very powerfull, and it hit our defender which changed its path...he saved it very good but Benzema was there to score from tight angle( off the post if I saw it correctly)...Where was Zambro? You can see he's just standing there doing nothing...it's his fault...
So enough with this. Dida sucked for a while but now he's great again.

http://www.goalsarena.com/index.php?...tlink&id=17523


FORZA MILAN!!!
It was the situation on Thursday morning if I'm not wrong ... That has probably changed since ...

What seems good is that we're going to recover all our players sooner or later !!
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:27   #35

edysupriadi

Registered User
 
edysupriadi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: the most peaceful city , JAMBI - INDONESIA
Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pippo, Cantona, Kaka
edysupriadi is on a distinguished road
I think we still should field our strongest (w/ some rotation), this is Lazio & though they are not in good forms lately, theyre playing at home - not to forget they have good players too ..

my pick:
-------------------Dida-------------------
Oddo---------Nesta----Silva------Antonini
--------Flamini ----Pirlo------Ambro-------
-------Pato-----Borigol------Dinho--------
edysupriadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:30   #36

El Fre

Registered User
 
El Fre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: Zorro, KK, Maldini, Weah
El Fre is on a distinguished road
What do you mean Geo?


The report is from friday and it says that Dinho didn't train "today" meaning friday.

And Rino reported a "distraction because of a fibrosis already present in a muscle in his right thigh. That can't be good.
El Fre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:15   #37

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
I don't think we will see R80 or Gattuso vs Lazio....and I doubt we will field all three of Boriello, Pato and Huntelaar.

Leo will have to adust his formation a bit if R80 can't play, and probably put Seedorf in the hole behind Pato and Boriello....

Abate would play in midfield, with Pirlo and maybe Ambro or Flamini (I think Ambro over the young Frenchman).

Let's hope Ronnie recovers, as he seems to be getting better almost game by game.

Let's win this one guys!!!
__________________
I Love Milan.

Last edited by Warro Bantan; 07-11-2009 at 12:36.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:38   #38

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
This is on football-italia.net(channel4) today:

"There were concerns for Ronaldinho when he picked up a knock to the ankle on Friday, but Leonardo assured 'he’s fine now'."
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!
nefremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 13:04   #39

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo
MILANELLO – These are the declarations of coach Leonardo during the press conference on the eve of Lazio-Milan:

ON THE PURCHASE OF DOMINIC ADIYIAH “I saw almost the entire Under 20 World Cup because for me it is interesting since I played in it, but sincerely the purchase of Adiyiah was a request which started from Adriano Galliani and Ariedo Braida. Having been the best player of the Under 20 world cup is a great thing, I’m happy for his arrival and I think that he will do well. He will be here with us in January. Now he will have to play his games with the national team, he’s young and is a purchase for the future.”

ON THE WORK OF A COACH AND MILAN’S MOMENT “If things had gone badly in the last month, I don’t know if I would have had to leave the job. Analyzing the squad, I always said that in football you need some time to be well and to be bad, it’s about emotions and as always in the emotions we know that all this is part of the game. The only thing that I know is that I look at the future, what we must still do and try to be as lucid as possible. The continuity? The continuity arrives by doing a step at a time. This team in the past games has always added something more. The continuity is that thing that a team searches for when things go well, succeeding to be continuous is not easy, but I see a great enthusiasm in the group and it’s what gives us the right optimism to continue to do well. The match against Real can be defined as the end of the mini-cycle? “Looking at the training sessions after the match against Real, I thought about it, but I did not see in the team this sensation of arrival. In football you just need a dip in concentration which allows the opponents to surprise you, but the team is aware of this. We must still always have an alternative to be able to change on the go and maintaining always an important performance. In the past I had my moments of very strong personal reflections. I worked for six years in the shadows and I was fine. I’m here to work, but not to judge myself. At the age of 30 years I had a very strong self-examination moment. I’m here to be Milan’s coach and today I’m living a strong role, I want to work and go forward in my project, dedicating myself at 100% to the team. Things happen and there’s also a puzzle in front of me of which I need to put the pieces together, but I can also make mistakes. The moves are small, I must still be aware of how careful I must be to the small things. In these moments in which things go well are those which you worry most because you must be very careful so that things always go well. I’m very concentrated on the commitment I made. It’s a role of continuous highs and lows, it’s exciting because in the good and in the bad they are touched inside you by very strong things and I believe that it is a very positive thing from the human level and I’m see as a person to a life lesson.”

ON LAZIO AND TOMORROW’S GAME “Lazio has an incredible potential. We cannot think about Lazio by looking just at the latest results, because it’s a team which has a great depth and game with great personality. For both teams it will be a very nice game. To face an important team like Lazio we will need the right concentration.”

ON PRESIDENT BERLUSCONI “I never spoke with Silvio Berlusconi about leaving my job or to go forward. He has always been close to me, it always pleased me to have him at the training camp with us, having him at Varese and receiving his phone calls. Our rapport has always been of great respect, obviously respecting the hierarchy that exists. Lately we haven’t spoken a lot, but on the Ronaldinho topic everything has always been very clear. We can agree with the choices, but on the work base there are already established things and which we take forward. We have spoken a lot and about everything, I’ve been here for the past 12 years, even though I’m a coach for only the past four months, but we already know the basis of this job, then the ideas can be shared for the specific moment.”

ON THE LEAGUE BREAK AND ON THE INDIVIDUALS “We needed the break after many games. The previous one was very important. You cannot play every three games for an entire years. There are the national team players who will leave and I hope that they will play just one game because they are tired. The break will still be useful to recover everyone. Unfortunately Gattuso hurt himself, it’s a pity because he was returning, but during Wednesday’s training he felt a pain and now he must stop again. With the break he will recover and work for 15 or 20 days. Abbiati will return after the break, but he is playing the training games with the team, he’s fine and tomorrow against Lazio he will be the third goalkeeper. Ronaldinho picked up a knock during yesterday’s training session, he stopped because he had the ankle swelled, but today everything is fine and he does not have any problem. Pato is feeling the trust in him every day from many people. Even his team-mates tell him that he can be a Golden Ball winner, world champion. In the end we will have to see how he dgest this and how he will succeed to maintain his level high. It’s clear that his talent will allow him to arrive high, in my opinion. Borriello is fine, also from the level he shows during training as he has a certain continuity which allows him to stay fine. When all are fine, the choices, become more difficult, but better like this. Borriello and Inzaghi? In choosing of playing one or the other, many things matter and when all are fine the choice is difficult to make and the most important thing is to do what’s best for the team. Who balances the setup is the way in which you interpret it. Borriello and Inzaghi have a very different game, the choice arrives also from the moment, it depends against whom we are playing and how the others are feeling.

ON THE FUTURE OF PAOLO MALDINI AT MILAN “Maldini and Billy during the week have been inside the dressing room, they were very positive presences. The same thing for Mauro Tassotti, who has been at Milan for the past 30 years. Their presence gave us a lot, the players were happy because with their words they transmitted a lot. Paolo Maldini and Baresi are world flags of Italy and Milan. I don’t know what Paolo will do in the future. Today he is in a moment of transition, it’s easier for me than for Paolo, because for what he represents it’s not easy. However, he is calm, he’s an intelligent person, these things are built slowly inside you.”

ON THE SEASON OBJECTIVES “The Scudetto? For a club like Milan it’s impossible not to think about it, it’s in our DNA. There was a lot of talk about the league being over because Inter play well and prove to have strength, but I think that there’s still a long way to go. The teams from the second up to the fifth place have good and bad moments, the team who will manage to have more continuity will be able to get back in the race for the Scudetto. I think about improving and maintaining a certain level of game, then inside us we always go on the pitch to win and if we always succeed...The club’s objective is very clear and it’s the Champions League, the rest must be evaluated little by little.”

ON THE NATIONAL TEAM “It’s a particular moment for the national team. Italy won the last world cup and has a solid base, with the same national team coach. Brazil also had positive things with Dunga and I believe that if Ronaldinho, Pato and Thiago are fine, it will be difficult for Dunga not to call them up. If they are fine, I don’t see too much competition for them.”
LAZIO-MILAN: THE CALLED UP ROSSONERI
11/7/2009
MILANELLO - Here are the 20 players called up by coach Leonardo for Lazio-Milan:
Abbiati, Dida, Roma, Antonini, Favalli, Kaladze, Nesta, Oddo, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta, Abate, Ambrosini, Flamini, Pirlo, Seedorf, Borriello, Huntelaar, Inzaghi, Pato, Ronaldinho.
Unavailable players: Storari, Bonera, Jankulovski, Onyewu, Gattuso, Di Gennaro.

acmilan.com
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 13:23   #40

Dutchie-Milan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Fave Players: Gattuso,Huntelaar,Nesta and Abbiati
Dutchie-Milan is on a distinguished road
Thank God Ronaldinho is fit for this game,i do not know who could have replaced him in the 4-3-3 formation if he was out,the only real option was to put Pato on the left and Abate on the right as Borriello isnt a real winger so his performance will be limited. Also Abate would not be the right replacement for either Pato nor Dinho,because Abate hasnt the ability to do what Ronaldinho or Pato does,he cant dribble past his men and score a goal or give a wonderfull assist.Abate has speed and he works hard,but that is not enough if you want to be a winger in this formation,Abate is more suited for midfield.

I want Antonini to play this game,he should get his chance again,against Parma he really was a relief on that leftflank.

Good to see that all of our players will be back soon,only Onyewu will be sidelined after the break,then we will have a full squad. I am still waiting on Di Gennaro,i know he will not add anything other then useless depth but still i want him to make minutes,just curious....
Dutchie-Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 15:30   #41

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie-Milan View Post
Thank God Ronaldinho is fit for this game,i do not know who could have replaced him in the 4-3-3 formation if he was out,the only real option was to put Pato on the left and Abate on the right as Borriello isnt a real winger so his performance will be limited. Also Abate would not be the right replacement for either Pato nor Dinho,because Abate hasnt the ability to do what Ronaldinho or Pato does,he cant dribble past his men and score a goal or give a wonderfull assist.Abate has speed and he works hard,but that is not enough if you want to be a winger in this formation,Abate is more suited for midfield.

I want Antonini to play this game,he should get his chance again,against Parma he really was a relief on that leftflank.

Good to see that all of our players will be back soon,only Onyewu will be sidelined after the break,then we will have a full squad. I am still waiting on Di Gennaro,i know he will not add anything other then useless depth but still i want him to make minutes,just curious....
It's exactly the contrary ... his speed allows him to do what you say he isn't able to do when he plays as a winger. Then, of course, instead of going towards the goal, he will probably be more on the right and cross more often than Pato ... which could result by good assists for Borriello and/or Pato.

So Abate is for me the direct replacement to put on the right of our attacking trio, but principally when we have problems with our midfield (Abate will naturally stay on the right and be available for our midfielders).

And so far, Ronaldinho always was far from the goal ... he is on the left, just in front of the middle line. So Abate can do as much as Ronaldinho for now (about skills, of course, it's not possible to compare them).
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 17:38   #42

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Juventus impressed and won 5-2 away at Atalanta tonight. They are now 5 points ahead of us so we need a win against Lazio.

I wish we could score more goals. 12 in 11 matches is just really bad. Inter have scored 28 in 11 matches, Juventus 25 in 12. I don't expect us to score many away at Lazio though so 3 points will do, for now...
Arildonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 18:56   #43

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arildonardo View Post
12 in 11 matches is just really bad. Inter have scored 28 in 11 matches, Juventus 25 in 12.
Ouch. That's just horrid.

If we win tomorrow, what's the highest we can place in the standings?
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 19:43   #44

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't be worried about that number.. keep in mind that Milan scored like only 3 goals in their first 7 or 8 games in Serie A... milan has been playing well recently and have been scoring a good amount of goals recently (i think we've scored at least 2 each game since the Roma game..right?)
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 20:11   #45

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
By the way Abate was talking up the importance of the Lazio match, he may command a starting spot......

That would be good, because Oddo has been featuring a lot lately.
__________________
Galliani laughed: “I don’t know what his face looks like. Mine is ugly and is a Rossoneri face…”
guestes is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.