AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-11-2009, 07:59   #1621

Revolver

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
Revolver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIO View Post
Gattuso adds none on the attack. Thanks for the past Rino, but Milan must move on
In a system like this, he doesn't have to add anything to attack. He's perfect for our system.

For comparing us with Barca, well I for once think that Barca is nothing special. Yes they're fantastic when opposition let them play, but against tough opposition, like Chelsea, they cannot do anything, 2 games last season, they didn't create any clear chances. All of their players need to think a lot before they play something and against a team like Chelsea, if you think too much, you won't score - as simple as that.

I don't want us to be like Barca cause Barca is a team of big players for little games.

For their tactics, they play one DM, and they're not playing good cause "everyone supports that DM", cause frankly Xavi is not better defensively than Pirlo, and Iniesta then Seedorf like-so, but because Yaya Toure (or Busquets) almost never crosses the halfway line, he acts almost like 5th defender at times. We all witnessed against Chelsea that they're vulnerable on counter just like we are, but their all midfield is technical, even Toure, so they hardly lose any balls, opposing to us, cause we're losing many balls when we're open to counter. Still, our midfield is old, so they cannot cover much space. But I'm sure that we will be great when Leo polishes his system. He found the goods, now he has to make a product.
Revolver is offline  
Old 28-11-2009, 08:17   #1622

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
We simply cant sell Gattuso. Are all the people gone crazy? It is Rino Gattuso! Player that is creating those midfield problems is Seedorf, as Leo has no guts to play Pirlo where Seedorf plays and let 2 DM's to do their job. Then Ambro-Rino-Flamini would play normally! And our midfield wouldnt look like a circus with 1 + 1/2 players capable of defending in an important CL game, + invalid fullbacks.

Seedorf? I will not comment it more, its ridiculous that in a CL game almost whole San Siro is booing him when he has the ball and he still feels no need to step up. Comical and offensive.

Now we are talking about 17 year old kids and players like Abate, Di Gennaro, Mariga. Paloschi ( still not ready for Milan ) etc. We should be talking about players like Fabregas, Aguero, Clichy, Sagna, Lloris, maybe Pjanic, Giuliano, Dzagoev etc.
Back to old times: I disagree !!

We can't sell Pirlo, are the people gone crazy ? It is Andrea Pirlo !!
We can't sell Seedorf, are the people gone crazy ? It is Clarence Seedorf !!
We can't sell Ambrosini, are the people gone crazy ? It is Massimo Ambrosini !!
We can't sell Inzaghi, are the people gone crazy ? It is Pippo Inzaghi !!
We can say this for each player in the team who is there since more than 4 years. And this way, we can have our oldies for 10 more years ...

And mrki, don't you want to sell some of these players (at least one of them, especially C. S. or A. P.) ?!
Gattuso can leave as long as he wants to leave, as you can see in all reports, it's not like we asked him to leave ...

Then you're asking for Pirlo + Flamini-Gattuso-Ambro ... is it a joke ? It's what you didn't want last year !! 3 DM in the team ?! You want a totally defensive Milan that will play on counters ?
Last year, when Ancelotti used 2 DM + Pirlo, especially against small teams, you said many times he was a "coward" because he didn't "have the balls" (I use your words) to use attacking players. Now, you are asking for 3 DM + Pirlo and you say that Leonardo hasn't the balls to do something. It looks like each coach we will have will become a coward to your eyes sooner or later.

Oh and about Seedorf, he has been excellent this season so far, excepted 2 or 3 games (last year, he was horrible excepted 2 or 3 games).
GeoTav is offline  
Old 28-11-2009, 10:03   #1623

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Not going to comment on the Gattuso rumors, as I think Flamini is a better player than him
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 28-11-2009, 10:20   #1624

Revolver

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
Revolver is on a distinguished road
I'm watching Bundesliga derby Werder - Wolfsburg right now, it's halftime, Wolfsburg leads 1:0, Dzeko scored a fabulous goal.

He scored a great goal against CSKA in CL too.
Revolver is offline  
Old 28-11-2009, 10:37   #1625

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
I'd like Gattuso to be sold...he was never really more than a player that just ran alot. He was a symbol in the dressing room, but he was never something on the pitch. I always wanted a better player than him in the starting eleven, and now after the pathetic and idiotic move he did against Inter, I believe its time he can leave.

and Revolver, I don't think Dzeko's goal was 'great' against CSKA, infact if anything it was lucky because he merely squeezed it between the keeper and the post.. but I'll acknowledge the fact the he is at least scoring goals consistently....however let's not push it by describing every goal he scores as great... coincedentally there was also another member who said Dzeko's goal against CSKA was great and coincedentally...he was Bosnian too. I'm starting to doubt our Bosnian friends' opinion here!

I had to also barge into mrki's and GeoTav's discussion. I think Seedorf has been excellent this season except 3 or 4 games this year. My concern is Pirlo, even though he has put into 4-5 good performances this year, but overall he's been useless and I don't think he should be one of the "2" in the 4-2-3-1 formation. I could see him doing good as the one infront of the "2".

Last edited by hitmannq8; 28-11-2009 at 10:40.
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 28-11-2009, 10:49   #1626

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
I'd like Gattuso to be sold...he was never really more than a player that just ran alot. He was a symbol in the dressing room, but he was never something on the pitch. I always wanted a better player than him in the starting eleven, and now after the pathetic and idiotic move he did against Inter, I believe its time he can leave.

and Revolver, I don't think Dzeko's goal was 'great' against CSKA, infact if anything it was lucky because he merely squeezed it between the keeper and the post.. but I'll acknowledge the fact the he is at least scoring goals consistently....however let's not push it by describing every goal he scores as great... coincedentally there was also another member who said Dzeko's goal against CSKA was great and coincedentally...he was Bosnian too. I'm starting to doubt our Bosnian friends' opinion here!

I had to also barge into mrki's and GeoTav's discussion. I think Seedorf has been excellent this season except 3 or 4 games this year. My concern is Pirlo, even though he has put into 4-5 good performances this year, but overall he's been useless and I don't think he should be one of the "2" in the 4-2-3-1 formation. I could see him doing good as the one infront of the "2".
Can't believe people are saying this... Gattuso in my opinion is one of our best players in the last 10 years, not just a symbol. And 2-3 years ago he would've played in ANY team in the world, which is why that even at 32, there are still big clubs willing to buy him.

That being said, I think that if he wants to leave, then we should let him. It hurts me to say, but we just can't ignore the fact that we have 3 great DM's, and that's one to many. If we get an offer, then that's a great opportunity. I'm not saying that Gattuso won't return to his best, but I think that we've gotten to the point where we've got to many of these cases.

Also about Dzeko, I think everybody needs to take it easy with Dzeko. I watched CSKA vs Wolfsburg, and yes, he scored a goal, but he also did the dumbest thing I've seen in years, touching Martins shot so the goal was called offside. Not saying he's not a great striker, but he's not the only striker around.
Christian is offline  
Old 28-11-2009, 10:52   #1627

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
I think he's more than just a runner, he had timing, and passion and an incredible tackling ability. He used to be a monster. Maybe he still is, but he hasn't shown the sharpness that has to go with it.

I say give him a few more chances until January, and if he doesn't blow our minds, sell him. He isn't getting any younger.

I too agree that Seedorf has been one of our best this year. Pirlo is far below his standards.
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI
brk is offline  
Old 28-11-2009, 11:10   #1628

OCmilano

Registered User
 
OCmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Southern California
Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Well, good idea, and who do you buy in January (when almost no club sells its players) ?

Also, replacing Pirlo by Beckham who is only a loan is an excellent idea too ...

Selling players is ok when you have replacements to buy (and if possible, better players, because if they aren't better, there is no point to sell).

And if we again sell our players to buy others, we will always have the same problem: no depth in our squad ...

Having Beckham is the good way to have one more player for two positions (we will have 3 players for 2 positions: the one of Pirlo and the one of Seedorf, + eventually Beckham will be able to replace Pato when for example, we lead a game, Borriello is too tired, so Pato goes playing as our main striker and Leo doesn't want to put a DM, so Beckham would be more defensive than Pato of course but could provide some good balls).

In our current formation, the only player we "can" sell is Gattuso . Then, we really need reinforcements in some areas (a winger, a fullback and a CD), and if there is money, which isn't the case, we should also try to get a CF and/or CM (but it will be for this summer as Beckham is already this CM and we won't buy any striker for sure).

PS: Just to mention that players who already played in CL won't be able to play in CL for us, so if you sell Pirlo, Gattuso and Pippo in January, who do you buy seriously ?

Isnt Pippos contract up in the summer? If it is yes i would like to get some kind of money for him in Jan. Pirlo. How many years does he have left in him? I'd rather cash out. Beckham plays till the summer and our team MUST spend in the summer and fill Pirlo/Beckham shoes.

Im soooo done with Gattuso sell the muther****er. I used to love this guy but these mood swings of his , ive had enough.
__________________
ROBINHO TIME
OCmilano is offline  
Old 28-11-2009, 11:11   #1629

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
I'd like Gattuso to be sold...he was never really more than a player that just ran alot. He was a symbol in the dressing room, but he was never something on the pitch. I always wanted a better player than him in the starting eleven, and now after the pathetic and idiotic move he did against Inter, I believe its time he can leave.
are you a Milan fan for only half a year or what? you should be ashamed saying this!!
Filipéz 182 is offline  
Old 28-11-2009, 11:17   #1630

Fret

Registered User
 
Fret's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
Anyone can leave if they want to, no problemo.......
Players come and go all the time, it's just a matter of common sense for the fans to treat them with respect when they return to San Siro playing for another team against Milan

...my 2 cents....
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market"
Fret is offline  
Old 28-11-2009, 11:18   #1631

Stitch

Registered User
 
Stitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Sarajevo
Fave Players: San Paolo, MVB, Safet Susic, The Divine Ponytail
Stitch is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAlJ6N5b5-0

Dzeko goes through two Werder defenders (dribbles each one - two times!) and scores a wonderful goal!


Man I wish so much we sign him.
__________________
YES DZEKO !!!!!!!

www.fksinfo.com
Stitch is offline  
Old 28-11-2009, 11:21   #1632

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Geo Tav:

Read my post again. I didnt say we need to play 3 DM's, as that is completely wrong solution and that stupid solution gave us milion problems when Carlo was Milan's coach.

I said we can play Pirlo in Seedorf's position ( what he plays in Azzuri ). That position is a CM position with freedom to play verticall and roam left and right IN FRONT of the Dm's behind him. Or, that is the position that Seedorf plays now. In Ancelotti's sistem Pirlo played behind 2 DM's and played 10m from CB's etc. Then in front of 2 DM's Kaka' played alone etc.

But Pirlo has the capacity to defend in 3 man line more then Seedorf does now. As we could see in Lazio - Milan game when Leo did exactly that in last 10-15 min. of the game.

I never said we cant sell Seedorf, or Pirlo, or anyone. In fact I said we need to sell Seedorf this summer, and I also wanted to sell Pirlo ( before Kaka' was sold, not after. I also explained why I wanted Pirlo to stay after Kaka' was sold etc. ). But I do say that we cant sell Gattuso! Gattuso is a qorld class DM who cant be found easely. And Milan will not invest 25mln to buy another class DM, they will just buy some played that can be good in Lazio or Genova and say we are going into a new era, bla, bla...

About Seedorf: If you think that this football that he plays now is enough then well...there is no hope that we can agree.

If the situation has come to the point that San Siro public is making banner against his walking on the pitch and are jeering hiim in a CL game at the S.S., then, really, something is wrong with the way he plays.

The fact that Leo, Galliani and papers are saying how good he is does not change the fact that this man created problems for our midfield with his lack of movement. 2,3 great and seriously done games in 15 are not enough! Those times are gone in football.

Even Ronaldinho and Pato do more in defence in some phases of the game, which is absurd.

So no, I dont agree with your post and your commenting of my post. Not a strange thing

To conclude:

--------Pirlo----
-Gattuso--Ambrosini- ( Carletto )

and

---Gattuso--Flamini--
---------Pirlo---

Its not the same and its not even close to be the same. Specially coz the sistem is now 4-3-3. Or 4-2-4 is See plays/walks...

P.S.

Have you people seen new interwiew with Carletto about his love for Inter?
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 28-11-2009, 11:22   #1633

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
thnx I was looking for that one!!
BTW he scored a second after 85 mins!
Filipéz 182 is offline  
Old 28-11-2009, 11:30   #1634

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAlJ6N5b5-0

Dzeko goes through two Werder defenders (dribbles each one - two times!) and scores a wonderful goal!


Man I wish so much we sign him.
That defense is very reminiscent of Kaladze!!

but I wish we get him too, but as I said let's not over-rate every goal he scores!


Filipez: so I'm not a Milan fan cause I dont like Gattuso?
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 28-11-2009, 11:42   #1635

Stitch

Registered User
 
Stitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Sarajevo
Fave Players: San Paolo, MVB, Safet Susic, The Divine Ponytail
Stitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry but this goal is not "overrated" by any means dribbled through 4 defenders (2x2), then a very accurate shot from almost dead-angle (consider GK's position) into the far end of the net...not a lot of players these days can do that
__________________
YES DZEKO !!!!!!!

www.fksinfo.com
Stitch is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:33.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.