AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-02-2010, 15:46   #3016

Kaka1899

Registered User
 
Kaka1899's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: La terra della bella gente
Fave Players: Kaką, Andrea Pirlo and Paolo Maldini
Kaka1899 is on a distinguished road
True? Damn i wanted Ranocchia at Milan badly, the kid will be quality one day as we all know.
__________________
ALWAYS ROSSO
ALWAYS NERO
ALWAYS A ROSSONERO



San Paolo 600 Serie A Appearances Living Legend Grazie Paolo!

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Kaka1899 is offline  
Old 19-02-2010, 16:48   #3017

Revolver

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
Revolver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Crisp View Post

In all the years I have followed Milan (20 but 17 as a proper fan who cried in 93 against marseille) we have never had a goalkeeper that we could say he's one of the best. Dida will stop a 90 mph shot from 8 yards thats in the top corner but drop a chipped cross into the goal , Abbiati doesn't instill me with confidence either.
I agree with you, I have followed it a for 16 years (I cried in '95 against Ajax; literally ), the only good and reliable keeper we had was Seba Rossi, but he was never amongst world's elite. I underlined importance of a good and reliable keeper a few post ago.

But, let's face it - striker is most needed. When we can field our first 11 (with Abbiati included) we are just lacking good striker to compete with anyone in football world.

On Galliani, he has every right to leave. Galliani isn't a miracle-maker, and he can't do nothing without funds. But, I must say, Galliani is partially to blame for our current financial situation. He was the one who gave Dida 4 M a year, he was the one who bought or took on loan all that old players with high wages and he was the one who signed a long contracts with most players which cost us an arm and a leg (Dida, Kaladze...).

On our midfield and Flamini, I've already said, Flamini must play, although with him on Ambrosini's place we are loosing some power in midfield, we are gaining a lot of speed and energy.

On Leonardo, I've also been harsh on him, as he's not fully to blame for Manchester defeat. With all honest, Leonardo outsmarted Ferguson, and although Guardiola outsmarted him too last year, it's a big deal for a rookie to outsmart a coach with 20+ years of experience. But, he's surely partially to blame. Leonardo is a smart coach, with some exceptional ideas, but when he needs to react quickly, in "do something" situation, he thinks too much. Our game against Manchester was great until Antonini got injured, because we were playing with high defensive line, thus limiting their midfielders' operation, and saving our midfield's energy. But, when Favalli came in, we couldn't play high line because he's liability (slow), so, with our line deep in our half, they've tired up our midfield with line-to-line long balls. Our 3 attackers are staying up and that doesn't feel when our defense is positioned high, but with our defense positioned low, it surely felt. Leonardo should order Ronaldinho and Huntelaar to track back behind the ball, with Pato waiting up for the counter, to put some pressure off our midfield, OR he should push Ronaldinho lower and into the middle to make a balance. If Seedorf entered before we conceded second, it would made some difference, because he could press Scholes higher up, because with our flat midfield and passive attack, Scholes had all time in the world to think what to do with the ball, each and every time. Seedorf's entrance was late and although it seemingly made a difference, in reality made some difference just because Ferguson was happy to sit back and defend 3:1 lead.
Revolver is offline  
Old 19-02-2010, 17:10   #3018

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
As you were talking about goalkeepers, it is amazing that we indeed never got any fantastic goalies. Dida might be the best (and potentially the worst too) among those in the past two decades (though my personal favorite is also Sebastian Rossi, the big guy. ). I started watching Milan from Galli, then Rossi, then Abbiati, now Dida; except for Dida, none of the others were No.1 in the national team; of course, I will not be talking about guys like Taibi, Ielpo, Pagotto (?) or even Lehmann who never played for more than half a season worth's game. While for Juventus, they had Zoff (although I never watched him play), Tacconi, Peruzzi, and Buffon; even van der Sar who didn't work out for them was (and still is) a world class keeper. Inter used to have Zenga then Pagliucaand now Julio Cesar (Toldo is only a fine one). Maybe we were all so proud of our defense that we believed that goalkeeper wasn't important?
__________________
FORZA MILAN

Last edited by Xudong; 19-02-2010 at 17:14.
Xudong is offline  
Old 19-02-2010, 17:28   #3019

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
Ouch.... :

"According to some unconfirmed rumors, yesterday afternoon, Klas-Jan Huntelaar would burst into a hysterical scene in the locker room Milanello. Rumors say that this crisis would be nervous due to the fact that the player is not happy with his job as a team and it seems that the constant innuendo about his future away from Milan, which appears every day on average, have caused the collapse."
-MilanNews.it
I stopped reading right there.
Blacktop is offline  
Old 19-02-2010, 17:39   #3020

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Crisp View Post
I'll believe it when I see it , I guess my expectations are so low its hard to think more than 10 million will be spent on anybody. But if it happens I'll sing from the rooftops.
Dzeko would be a great addition but even if he does arrive for 25 million thats our budget gone , and now Berlusconi has the damn nerve to be unhappy with Leo how fuking dare he , the dirty old knobber.
Beside Dzeko we need a goalkeeper 2 defenders and 2 midfielders , even we buy 6 average players for 8 million thats 48 million they wont spend 48 million , so we would need at least 25 for Dzeko 25 for 2 midfielders 20 for two good defenders and 5 - 10 for a goalkeeper that is very good. Thats what 70 - 80 million. Without this we aint competing thats a fact.

In all the years I have followed Milan (20 but 17 as a proper fan who cried in 93 against marseille) we have never had a goalkeeper that we could say he's one of the best. Dida will stop a 90 mph shot from 8 yards thats in the top corner but drop a chipped cross into the goal , Abbiati doesn't instill me with confidence either.
Maybe Berlu is now knowing that we are a spent force with only 4 young hungry fit players out of 27. 70 million would fix alot of wrongs but we'll have to wait and see if it happens.

I cried in 93, too. That was the time when I knew the club I would support for life.

Yes, Milan did not have great history with GK, but Dida was really one of the best in between 2002-2006 (noone wanted new GK back then). Who were better than him? Only the legendary Buffon.

Milan is well know for having the world best fantasia (Ronaldinho, Kaka, Rui Costa, Baggio, Boban, Savicevic, Gullit), Striker (Val Basten, Weah, Sheva), defender (Nesta, Maldini, Costacusta, Dessaily, Tassotti, Baresi), Def midfielder (Gattuso, Max, Pirlo, Albertini, Rijkaard, Ancelotti).

Look like we are still crying for a world best striker

Last edited by Aficio; 19-02-2010 at 17:42.
Aficio is offline  
Old 19-02-2010, 18:34   #3021

Revolver

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
Revolver is on a distinguished road
Well, I didn't saw '93. finals, but from highlights, it must have been painful that they scored from their only chance and we missed so much chances.

But, after demolition of Barcelona in '94 I knew I'll be Milan fan for life. That was the best 90 minutes of football from one team I even witnessed.

After that, same thing in '95 as in '93: So many chances and Ajax scores from their only real chance, and we lost another final. I still don't understand why Savicevic didn't play, because we would surely win with him in the team. He said he was ready, Capello said that he proved to be not ready a few hours before the match.

I agree about Dida, he was second best keeper only after Buffon, but he also had his nights back then (Deportivo 0:4, or Liverpool finals...)
Revolver is offline  
Old 19-02-2010, 18:46   #3022

M.O.I.

Registered User
 
M.O.I.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Fave Players: nesta,paolo,kaka,sheva(not $heva) and me..
M.O.I. has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
As Italian media say Ranocchia is a new player of Inter from the summer. Price is 15mln. Bravo Galliani, go, go, go for more young players like Gallas!
ranocchia for 15?too much although a decent player
i doubt moratti would do this anymore..

i have a strong feeling that we'll get vidc eventually,i rarely believe such rumors,but this time sth seems to be really broken btw him and sir alex..

lets hope for a str8 deal khl=vidic,then ts will surely play as a rb,i am confident he would be excellent there..
and then with 2 players hernanes+ sc(dzeko maybe,but not for 40!!) we re good enough..

although to be greedy i d want a gk+krasits+lb
__________________
AC Milan Prediction League Champion 2008-09
Serie A Prediction League Champion 2008-09


"2+2=5"
M.O.I. is offline  
Old 20-02-2010, 04:23   #3023

Giorgos

Registered User
 
Giorgos's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
Location: Greece,Thessaloniki (Macedonia)
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic
Giorgos is on a distinguished road
Renew our squad
__________________
PAOK Thessaloniki for Ever....
Giorgos is offline  
Old 20-02-2010, 07:33   #3024

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.I. View Post
ranocchia for 15?too much although a decent player
i doubt moratti would do this anymore..

i have a strong feeling that we'll get vidc eventually,i rarely believe such rumors,but this time sth seems to be really broken btw him and sir alex..

lets hope for a str8 deal khl=vidic,then ts will surely play as a rb,i am confident he would be excellent there..
and then with 2 players hernanes+ sc(dzeko maybe,but not for 40!!) we re good enough..

although to be greedy i d want a gk+krasits+lb
Its done my friend, Ranocchia will play for Genoa ( not Bari ) in first part of 2011 and then in january he'll join Merda. Galliani has lost all of his relationships with italian players and clubs, becouse once he had money he did what he wanted. Now money is gone, wrong players have been signed and NOT sold, and friends in serie a football are gone.

italian media say Silvio wants one of Van Basten, Allegri, Lippi, Cappello... And Galliani may quit and Maldini will do his job ( please be so!!! ) Aldough Paolo sayd smart thing about that long time ago: That is a point where my football stops ( meaning you know what ). Same thing went on with Boban when Silvio offered him to work in the mercato area...

Also, have you seen an interwiew with one of the experts of Milan's mercato ( cant remember his name! ) who says Milan may need to sell Pato if we go out of the CL as the books still arent ok? Pretty nice...

Well, Galliani did his part in past 5 years with creating wage debt that no club can match ( for trash players! ) and did some crazy bargain selling! Now he can go... as all the people who came, did nothing right, and went away!

I still stand by my oppinion: Silvio must sell Milan, as this is turning into a joke!
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 20-02-2010, 07:40   #3025

Revolver

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
Revolver is on a distinguished road
Guys, whatever is happening between Vidic and Alex, Vidic is a world-class defender at the age of 28, and he will not come for 10-15 M (i.e., for Huntelaar). Forget that. I'm sure that Florentino Perez would show at least 25 M for Vidic if he's ready to go somewhere.

Anyway, I don't believe that Nesta and Vidic would fit together well. Vidic is slow defender, Nesta also lost some of his speed, so Nesta is hardly a cover for other CB. I don't like T. Silva at RB, either, it would be a waste of great talent, a near-future world-class CB. Our CB partnership is amongst the strongest in the world, at the moment probably the strongest, and those two are the best asset of our team, along with wide attackers. What I would like is some young talented defender, to replace Nesta when needed, for 10-15 M, something like T. Silva. Leonardo is a scouting genius and I'm sure he has some aces in his pocket.
Revolver is offline  
Old 20-02-2010, 14:04   #3026

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
I don't like Vidic. He didn't impress me. Sure, he would be an upgrade on Kaladze or Favalli of now but wouldn't do Milan much help in term of future.

Inter on the other hand, are getting smarter ever since 2006. Damn, am I jealous. By the way, I also heard that Ranocchio is a done deal and he would join Inter on 01/2011; hopefully that won't come true.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 21-02-2010, 05:06   #3027

bijon

Registered User
 
bijon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2009
Location: South Africa
Fave Players: Seedorf, Cassano, Pirlo, Nesta, Pazzini
bijon is on a distinguished road
Vidic is overrated, I don't think he will do as well in Italy. I think Bonera can do a better job than him in SerieA.
bijon is offline  
Old 21-02-2010, 06:35   #3028

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
Bonera is better than Vidic? I know we have some homers here but lets not get too carried away now. I'd take Vidic over Bonera anyday of the week. He is more of an aggressive type of CB, which compliments Nesta's style pretty well. I am not saying that we will sign him, but he would be a pretty good player to have for sure.
slifersd is offline  
Old 21-02-2010, 08:34   #3029

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Saying Bonera is better than Vidic is just not true.

I do agree though, that Vidic isn't what we need, since I imagine he would come as a long term replacement for Nesta (Which is laughable, but so would most defenders be). He's a brute, and while that's fine for Man Utd's counter attacking football, I think he's perhaps to slow to be playing a defense line as high as we do, and I'm not sure if he makes up for it in football IQ like Nesta does.
Christian is offline  
Old 21-02-2010, 10:02   #3030

bijon

Registered User
 
bijon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2009
Location: South Africa
Fave Players: Seedorf, Cassano, Pirlo, Nesta, Pazzini
bijon is on a distinguished road
My bad, Vidic is better, but I don't think he will really make a big difference in Serie A for us compared to Bonera for instance tbh.
bijon is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.