AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-03-2010, 13:27   #3616

Jay Crisp

Registered User
 
Jay Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
at first i thought this but i STORNGLY disagree.

He is unwilling to cut any fat cause of posterity and personal relationships. You realize Milan has second highest wage bill in italy. For all Milan's financial 'issues' they still generate well over 200 million in revenue but hen $120 are going to players and a fat chunk to dida, pippo, gattuso, kaladze, oddo, jankulvski etc. It's a joke.

Look I love Dida, I love pippo, i love gattuso and all they've done for milan.... but i live MILAN more. It's ridiculous players keep getting extended on heavy wages well beyond there contribution. Pippo gets like 2.5-3 mil a year, but he barely players cause of his age. Gattuso? extended cause he wined to media, but why? He's in serious decline. And Galliani doesn't have the balls to sell Oddo, jankulovski or Kaladze cause they 'don't want to go'

You realize Pato is not even in top half of first team players in terms of wages. Why? Cause of age mostly. 20 year olds don't make same as 30.

For me this is 10000% galliani's fault. He needs to grow up and be an executive or leave. Exec's are paid to make TOUGH decisions, sometimes you have to fire your friend. I love keeping Milan a family, but at what cost? we can't keep every player who made 2 good tackles for 5 years past there usefulness
No detail your right , that is all.
Jay Crisp is offline  
Old 25-03-2010, 13:45   #3617

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
http://www.football-italia.net/mar25s.html

They are destroying the club.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 25-03-2010, 13:45   #3618

bijon

Registered User
 
bijon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2009
Location: South Africa
Fave Players: Seedorf, Cassano, Pirlo, Nesta, Pazzini
bijon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
at first i thought this but i STORNGLY disagree.

He is unwilling to cut any fat cause of posterity and personal relationships. You realize Milan has second highest wage bill in italy. For all Milan's financial 'issues' they still generate well over 200 million in revenue but hen $120 are going to players and a fat chunk to dida, pippo, gattuso, kaladze, oddo, jankulvski etc. It's a joke.

Look I love Dida, I love pippo, i love gattuso and all they've done for milan.... but i live MILAN more. It's ridiculous players keep getting extended on heavy wages well beyond there contribution. Pippo gets like 2.5-3 mil a year, but he barely players cause of his age. Gattuso? extended cause he wined to media, but why? He's in serious decline. And Galliani doesn't have the balls to sell Oddo, jankulovski or Kaladze cause they 'don't want to go'

You realize Pato is not even in top half of first team players in terms of wages. Why? Cause of age mostly. 20 year olds don't make same as 30.

For me this is 10000% galliani's fault. He needs to grow up and be an executive or leave. Exec's are paid to make TOUGH decisions, sometimes you have to fire your friend. I love keeping Milan a family, but at what cost? we can't keep every player who made 2 good tackles for 5 years past there usefulness
what he^ said
bijon is offline  
Old 25-03-2010, 14:19   #3619

M.O.I.

Registered User
 
M.O.I.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Fave Players: nesta,paolo,kaka,sheva(not $heva) and me..
M.O.I. has disabled reputation
although many wont believe that i will say this
yepes is one of the 3-4 best dc in the league this year,no doubt for me.

although i've written a milion times what i think of B&G,i think he can be a good back up(even though he is 33)..its a smart move as long as it just means the substitute of favalli..

and i ve wriiten about his performances some weeks-months ago..anyway dont be too hursh on him,just because of the age..
__________________
AC Milan Prediction League Champion 2008-09
Serie A Prediction League Champion 2008-09


"2+2=5"
M.O.I. is offline  
Old 25-03-2010, 14:51   #3620

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
It's not so much a matter of how good Yepes is, in my opinion (of the matches I have seen him) right now he is playing better than most of our defensemen but the direction of the club which we have talked about million times.
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline  
Old 25-03-2010, 15:05   #3621

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
he is free, his salary is less than 1m per year, he has serie A experience, he is 30+.

He is the typical Milan transfer.

I don't necessarily think its a bad move. I believe he will take Favalli's spot and he is much better than he is. Milan need to get replace Oddo and Janku with world-class fullbacks and replace Kaladze and Zambrotta with solid players or youth players. We do need 1 world class CB to replace Nesta as he will not be here for long (Bonucci, Rannocchia, Santacroce ideally). I also like Andrea Masiello, the RB of Bari. He doesn't get much attention but he has almost always consistently performed well. He's better than Abate & Antonini.

We also should use Huntelaar in a swap deal and get Dzeko. Other options I would like and are reasonable would be: Zarate, Robinho, Adriano, Cassano, Van Der Vaart. Options I would like but are unreasonable: Torres, Villa, Balotelli.

Since everyone's been putting their list of players I thought I might try too..here's a list of players I think we are able to get and should go for:

Goalkeeper:
Viviano (23)
Diego Alves (22, Zaragoza)
Marchetti (Cagliari)

Center Backs:
Santacroce (23)
Bonucci (20)
Rannocchia (20)
Alex (27, Chelsea)
David Luis (22, Benfica)

Fullbacks:
Drenthe (25, Real Madrid)
A.Masiello (Bari)
Tremoulinas (Bordeaux)


Midfield:
Hernanes (24, Sao Paolo)
Fernando (Porto)
Gourcuff (23, Bordeaux)
Van der Vaart (26, Real Madrid)
Gargano (26, Napoli)
Giovinco (25, Juve) -- I put him because seriously, how much longer is he gonna accept the bench?

Attack:
Robinho (26, Man City)
Adriano (29)
Dzeko (23, Wolfsburg)
Zarate
Amauri (just kidding)



Players highlighted in bold are the players that I think can be useful to us and are possible/likely targets.
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 25-03-2010, 15:19   #3622

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Zamparini said something that kept my attention ...
Pastore has an option to leave, it looks like it's a big amount, BUT he also said he wants him to renew his contract to put a 50M option ...

That means his option is lower than 50M.

Seriously, if it's something like 30M, we should put the money on the table and take the player without any doubt !!
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline  
Old 25-03-2010, 15:29   #3623

bijon

Registered User
 
bijon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2009
Location: South Africa
Fave Players: Seedorf, Cassano, Pirlo, Nesta, Pazzini
bijon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Zamparini said something that kept my attention ...
Pastore has an option to leave, it looks like it's a big amount, BUT he also said he wants him to renew his contract to put a 50M option ...

That means his option is lower than 50M.

Seriously, if it's something like 30M, we should put the money on the table and take the player without any doubt !!
is he that good? I know there have been comparisons with kaka, but he seems to lack kakas balance and strength, he seems very weak.
bijon is offline  
Old 25-03-2010, 16:02   #3624

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
I don't see what the big deal of signing Yepes is. I agree with those who have said he has been one of the best CBs in Serie A this year, I mean, remember our match against Chievo? He did well in that match..

Since Favalli is leaving (to be a coach, which I like) and frankly, Favalli has been far better than Janku and Kaladze combined, and if Yepes gets a 2 year deal where he gets to come in and give us some experience, I don't think I'd complain. How much better would you have felt having Yepes as one of our options this year?

Personally, I prefer these small Serie A signings we get. I like the Pancaro-type of players that we seem to get. He was awesome on our left for a season or two. I hope we see more of this, because, I would love to have depth like this.

In terms of Galliani, I think he would pour money into this club if he could. When it comes about extending the contracts of players who are useless, I agree that Kaladze is garbage, and Janku too, but, Gattuso and Pippo I think deserved those contracts. Its because we take care of our players and that we have a family atmosphere that we always win the free players. We didn't get Pandev because we wanted to maintain good ties with Lazio, otherwise, I'm sure we would have grabbed him. I mean, the players we have grabbed for tiny or free is amazing: Cafu and Flamini being the best examples, while turning Seedorf and Pirlo into great players (return for Seedorf).

I think that maybe we'll grab Santacroce, as his value must have dropped considerably since his injury this year. I feel like its a possibility, it would remind me of our transfer of Bonera a couple years ago, a promising young Italian CB.

But, in terms of what options have Milan to bring back, has anyone been seeing Matteo Ardemagni? He has 16 goals in Serie A, and we are in a co-ownership deal with him and Citadella, who he plays for. I think he might be worth a look.

I don't think we are dropping down a level, but maybe we are really only going to be able to spend "big" on one player, but I have to say, if Galliani is so horrible, I would like to see what others could do with a team like Milan, with the amount of money that he has to work with, and with a team that needs to be revamped. I say give credit where it is due: Leonardo and Galliani deserve it.

Mancini, while I'm not sure how he will pan out, I just have this feeling that he'll be a good help for us for the end of the season. I dunno, I just get the feeling.

In terms of Pirlo and Dinho being suspended against Lazio, while, I am definitely not happy about it, I just think it might be a blessing in disguise. If we lose, obviously, it'll be terrible, but, if we can pull off a win, and get them the rest they need, I mean, they have been playing more than anyone else for Milan, throughout the season. Hopefully we can see them get some rest and come back even stronger for the next game.

As for Milan's potential future strategy. I think we'll have some surprises. I don't know if winning the Scudetto (which is still VERY possible guys) would hurt us or not, some days I think so, some days I don't. Finishing second would be far better for us than third, for morale and for motivation for Berlu I think. But I have to agree with Jay, I think that there is something different about Galliani and Berlu. I don't think we can make it a B&G, because Mancini was someone that Galli got for Leonardo, even if Berlu didn't want it. Clearly Leonardo wanted Mancini and Galli got him, simple.

I can see Milan really just grabbing a bunch of Yepes, Astori, and small 2-5 million acquisitions. We need the depth, and I think we'll see a lot more youngsters brought up, I mean, Kaladze was dropped for the Parma squad, for Simone Romagnoli, and I think that sends a message. Our youth team is doing very well, and has went to a real title contender in Primavera, so, I'm pretty happy.

I don't expect massive revolutions, mostly because we don't need massive revolutions at Milan. Oddo, Janku, Kaladze, are all on the chopping block, maybe Dida too? Expect small acquisitions like Yepes, because they're smart and they are the kinds of small purchases and transfers that made Milan so dominant earlier this decade. Remember Vogel, Dhorosoo, Brocchi? These players gave us the depth that made us so strong from 02-07, and I think we need to return to that policy, while promoting our youngsters, because many of them look great. Verdi and De Vito I have high hopes for, and I can see Abate forming a great midfield partnership with Flamini, but also serving as cover for RB if we need it.

I'm very optimistic, and I think with Leonardo as coach, Galliani will have more license to grab players for Milan like he has for Leonardo. I think we should be looking at Yepes with some happiness, because he's an experienced CB, still plays at a high level, and will provide that sturdiness at the back will most certainly be needed as we will bringing up kids from the primavera.
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 25-03-2010, 16:48   #3625

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Crisp View Post
If Galliani had Billions I have no doubt he would invest but he doesn't so he is at last seemingly trying to do his best ...Hopefully. Berlu wants a team on a shoestring budget and he can do that its his money but the team will not be successful like that , if Berlu wants Milan to compete and be in the run for major honours invest if not then sell as we all have said , but Milan is a succesful political tool , I just hope he understands its a good political tool as long as Milan is winning or in the hunt.
Given a one billion euro budget, you and me can invest and make this team strong too. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how to spend a crap load of money to sign players, but it does take a genius to figure out a way to work on limited budgets. For this reason, Galliani can only be considered a failure in the last 5 or so years as a GM. IF this is the best that he can do, then he should resign from his position because he freaking sucks at his job.
slifersd is offline  
Old 25-03-2010, 17:21   #3626

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.I. View Post
its a smart move as long as it just means the substitute of favalli..
I bet we see him and Favalli playing together in the centre of our defence at some stage of the season, hopefully not in the CL.

There is one thing that people need to understand. There is no 1 player in the world that can make us competitive in the CL an at Inter's standard.

Even if there was that 1 player, we wouldnt get him.

We need 5 world class signings. It is clear that wont happen, so anyone with common sense woul sign young energetic talented players ready to push for a starting place. But we all know that wont happen either.

The mercato I see us realistically doing is:

Adriano
Pannucci
A 2nd or third choice keeper
Beckham
One unknown player that we will desperately search for any articles saying how good he was
Galliani will announce the Hooch as a new signing as he hasnt played
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 25-03-2010, 17:35   #3627

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bijon View Post
is he that good? I know there have been comparisons with kaka, but he seems to lack kakas balance and strength, he seems very weak.
Kaka', when coming to Milan, wasn't that muscular ... for me, the way he muscled his body was even a cause of his bad form for me (stronger but moving less).

I watched several times now Pastore, and while some compare him to Kaka' (really, I repeat, it's only in the way he dribbles), I'd say he is more a classical attacking midfielder thank Kaka' who has a role between an attacking midfielder and a second striker ...

Pastore in our Milan would be a key player for sure ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline  
Old 25-03-2010, 17:38   #3628

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by K77SH C View Post
I bet we see him and Favalli playing together in the centre of our defence at some stage of the season, hopefully not in the CL.
Don't bet ... Favalli retires at the end of the season.
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline  
Old 25-03-2010, 17:39   #3629

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Kaka', when coming to Milan, wasn't that muscular ... for me, the way he muscled his body was even a cause of his bad form for me (stronger but moving less).

I watched several times now Pastore, and while some compare him to Kaka' (really, I repeat, it's only in the way he dribbles), I'd say he is more a classical attacking midfielder thank Kaka' who has a role between an attacking midfielder and a second striker ...

Pastore in our Milan would be a key player for sure ...
Kaka at Milan, for the last couple of seasons was far from a perfect concept. Why match that. Kaka, Pastore etc

Give me 11 hardworking, hungry, dynamic players over these anyday!
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 25-03-2010, 17:43   #3630

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Don't bet ... Favalli retires at the end of the season.
I heard exactly the same things last year until Galliani started saying how he was needed to teach Thiago the ropes. Besides, why would Galliani lose a guy more capable than Bonera, Kaladze, Hooch and Janku.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.