AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-04-2010, 11:15   #4681

DUCO

Registered User
 
DUCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2007
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: Nesta ,Gourcuff,RIVERA,Kaka,Pato,MALDINI,Sheva
DUCO is on a distinguished road
tirobochiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'
FORZA ATALANTA
__________________
NO KAKA NO PARTY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HQLt...eature=related

GAME OVER
DUCO is offline  
Old 24-04-2010, 11:45   #4682

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
I think we'll see a huge difference in TV revenue now that Serie A has broken away from having to support Serie B, that is one of the major differences between Italy and say England. This will increase our revenue.

As for the stadium, I'm sure it could be worked out so that Milan takes the stadium from the city, especially if Inter decide to build their own. I mean, look at what Real do with the Madrid government, that's the only way they are able to get the cash from, frankly, shady real estate deals.

I think Milan is smart that its going after the Middle East, and Milan really has a foothold here, and I would like nothing better than having the guys running Emirates to pour money into Milan. I'm not talking about major takeover, but, I'd love to have some Dirham's filling up Milan's pockets.

However, for all the problems that Milan supposedly is in, we have increased are revenue from last year by all most 100 million Euros, I believe? From what I understand last year's figures were in the 230's and this year we are in the 320's? So obviously something is going right.

But another major limiting factor is that people have not been filling up the stadium, and that hurts Milan. I wouldn't be surprised if merchandise sales have also taken a massive hit as well. I know we all, and myself included, believed that we should have a semi-boycott of Milan because of what happened last summer, and we'll see if it works this summer by the sort of mercato that we have in response to these differences in numbers for the management. If it sent a message, then hopefully the mercato will bring the changes that we need.

However, if we seem to be unable to go after transfer targets, realistic ones, not 50 million a player type of deals, than if we continue the boycott we will actually be hurting the club more. But, I would still be so angry, I do'nt know if I could actually buy some more Milan stuff, when I don't see change. I think Galliani recognizes that, he just cannot get Berlusconi to put in the funds for transfer fees, that's ultimately the problem.
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 24-04-2010, 12:21   #4683

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
I think we'll see a huge difference in TV revenue now that Serie A has broken away from having to support Serie B, that is one of the major differences between Italy and say England. This will increase our revenue.

As for the stadium, I'm sure it could be worked out so that Milan takes the stadium from the city, especially if Inter decide to build their own. I mean, look at what Real do with the Madrid government, that's the only way they are able to get the cash from, frankly, shady real estate deals.

I think Milan is smart that its going after the Middle East, and Milan really has a foothold here, and I would like nothing better than having the guys running Emirates to pour money into Milan. I'm not talking about major takeover, but, I'd love to have some Dirham's filling up Milan's pockets.

However, for all the problems that Milan supposedly is in, we have increased are revenue from last year by all most 100 million Euros, I believe? From what I understand last year's figures were in the 230's and this year we are in the 320's? So obviously something is going right.

But another major limiting factor is that people have not been filling up the stadium, and that hurts Milan. I wouldn't be surprised if merchandise sales have also taken a massive hit as well. I know we all, and myself included, believed that we should have a semi-boycott of Milan because of what happened last summer, and we'll see if it works this summer by the sort of mercato that we have in response to these differences in numbers for the management. If it sent a message, then hopefully the mercato will bring the changes that we need.

However, if we seem to be unable to go after transfer targets, realistic ones, not 50 million a player type of deals, than if we continue the boycott we will actually be hurting the club more. But, I would still be so angry, I do'nt know if I could actually buy some more Milan stuff, when I don't see change. I think Galliani recognizes that, he just cannot get Berlusconi to put in the funds for transfer fees, that's ultimately the problem.
I'm not sure about that, anyway, I don't know when it will be applied because it's planned we'll earn 15M less next year because TV rights will be collective ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline  
Old 24-04-2010, 12:25   #4684

bijon

Registered User
 
bijon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2009
Location: South Africa
Fave Players: Seedorf, Cassano, Pirlo, Nesta, Pazzini
bijon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
As far as Galliani being at fault for Milan's finances, I think that is ridiculous. Berlusconi is the problem here, because he's not injecting cash into the system, and that is how Milan functions in the transfer market, like I outlined exhaustively in my earlier post.
I disagree, the problem is the mismanagement of funds, Galliani is the clown who manages the team, he is the one that extends the contract for old out of form players, he is the one who keeps buying useless players.
bijon is offline  
Old 24-04-2010, 12:32   #4685

Lebanese

Registered User
 
Lebanese's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
However, for all the problems that Milan supposedly is in, we have increased are revenue from last year by all most 100 million Euros, I believe? From what I understand last year's figures were in the 230's and this year we are in the 320's? So obviously something is going right.
kaka 65 mil
gourcuff 15 mil
making the last 16 of ucl:20 mil

this is why we got a revenue boost.

on a side not Ac milan as a brand lost 200 mil $ in value, from 1 bil to 800 mil.
nothing is going right and please show me the way for the things that are going ok with us.

with us losing 30 mil from tv money expect the worse, galliani now have reasons to bit*h about, IMO this year will be crucial for us because not because what we spend in market but because all mid-table teams now have +30 extra mil in the market, so tell me how napoli, fiorentina and palermo will look like with extra money to spend.

man i like to read ur post game analysis but to say we are going east for money is just ridiculous (no disrespect). our new deal is just a shirt sponsor deal, and trust emirates are already regretting doing that,

take it from someone who followed milan for most of his life, things aint gonna get better, the worst is yet to come.
__________________
Quote:
" ...I'm sure this will be my last stop, there is nothing more than Milan, Milan is the best for me. Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
Lebanese is offline  
Old 24-04-2010, 12:36   #4686

bijon

Registered User
 
bijon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2009
Location: South Africa
Fave Players: Seedorf, Cassano, Pirlo, Nesta, Pazzini
bijon is on a distinguished road
it seems the general sentiment among Chelsea fans is that they would prefer Aguero to Pato, I would too. Aguero is avaiolable for 30 mill, Pato 50+...I would sell Pato and buy Aguero.
bijon is offline  
Old 24-04-2010, 13:59   #4687

Jay Crisp

Registered User
 
Jay Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Read all today's post's it seem's like doomsday , horrible thing is none of it was false it's all true. Money needs to be spent but I don't think it will be Im talking nothing nada zilce Yepes few othere free players maybe but no spending , I actually get mad when I look at some of them playing....The 30 mil for the likes of Fiorentina Napoli Palermo will f**k us up 1-0 down already yipee.
Jay Crisp is offline  
Old 24-04-2010, 15:52   #4688

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
Wow, another loss. Looking at our schedule and form, I think this team is actually going to lose the CL spot by the end of the season. The oldies are worn out; the club is unstable because nobody knows what's going to happen in the summer; and the injured players never seem to get better.
slifersd is offline  
Old 24-04-2010, 19:16   #4689

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd View Post
Wow, another loss. Looking at our schedule and form, I think this team is actually going to lose the CL spot by the end of the season. The oldies are worn out; the club is unstable because nobody knows what's going to happen in the summer; and the injured players never seem to get better.
Get some game time into the young ones. Keep giving DeVito substitute appearances, and after seeing Oddo at CB, give Albertazzi the nod.

Also would like to see Addiyah, bcs at the moment I dont think Inzaghi would be a better option
__________________
Galliani laughed: “I don’t know what his face looks like. Mine is ugly and is a Rossoneri face…”
guestes is offline  
Old 24-04-2010, 19:32   #4690

Rossoneri Fuego

Registered User
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: San Francisco California USA
Fave Players: Nesta R80 Beckham Rino
Rossoneri Fuego is on a distinguished road
de vito should start at wideback the rest of the season and get ready to be integrated for next year, thats a good sign good young wide back, wtf is up with albertazzi?, i swear i expected a loss bad game we lost last year before the xmas break 2 - 0 at the san siro you thought things would change?, i would like a back 4 of
Abate---Nesta/Astori/---Silva----De vito, please no oddo,antonini (as a sub only) and janku is gone after this season
Rossoneri Fuego is offline  
Old 24-04-2010, 22:13   #4691

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
We're not Real Madrid, we don't own 50% (is it the right percentage ?) of the image of our players !!

10M in the red, 50M taken for the transfers and you're 60M in the red. Do you want Pato to be sold ? That's exactly his value nowadays regarding newspapers/medias ...

The fact is that with 50M spent in the mercato (these 50M are needed), you won't buy star players but useful players (if money is rightly used). So forget about marketing and the sale of shirts, etc, as if we buy, let's say Jucilei, who is an unknown player in Europe, do you really think people are going to buy a shirt with the Jucilei name on it ? I doubt.

So we need to try to be competitive as we can, and more importantly, we need to win a trophy, no matter which it is (even the Italian Cup) !! Because sponsors come more easily for winning teams than for teams always ending in Top 4 of all competitions (which isn't even our case as we were beaten too early in CL).

Nowadays, we rely too much on the AC Milan name, brand: the club, apart from this name, doesn't look like what everyone is used to see from Milan and I think it's why we're probably going to struggle to get sponsorship deals in a near future if nothing changes.
For moment, our name is enough to attract sponsors, but if we don't win anything for 2 years and don't invest even 20M in mercatos, our sponsorships will be worse and worse and as a consequence, we'll have less money from them, less money to invest, ... it's the perfect way to ruin a perfect club and become an anonymous middle-table team in 5-6 years.
How much did Pato cost?
Kaka cost?
Thiago Silva cost?

i think milan can bring 3 to 6 HIGH quality players to that w/ smart scouting... it won't be galactico, but personally i prefer these tpe o signings. you make your own stars..... It didn't take long for any of those 3 to be noticed on big stage and be big time players...
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 24-04-2010, 22:25   #4692

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Do you know what's funny? It's not Milan's problem with sponsors, we actually just got a sponsorship with Emirates that is actually giving us more money than our sponsorship with Bwin, so, it's clearly not that.

As far as Galliani being at fault for Milan's finances, I think that is ridiculous. Berlusconi is the problem here, because he's not injecting cash into the system, and that is how Milan functions in the transfer market, like I outlined exhaustively in my earlier post.

I think Milan's biggest problem is the fact that we don't own our stadium. We should try and buy San Siro, that would increase not only our value, but our revenue by a lot. Not only by collecting the gate (without having to pay rent to the city) but being able to host concerts, and other stuff. That is the major difference for Italian clubs, and that is why our value is not as high as Man Utd.
some good points Sam, however one part is missing....

Milan are drawing much less to stadium. 41k average gate this year. In 2005/6 it was 58.5k. Back to 2002/3 it was 61k+ average but really till calciopoli it was 58-60k regularly as a season average.

You can all do math of 17k less tickets sold a game in serie A x 19 home games. That's 323,000 tickets. And it's more than that. Consession stands, stadium sponsorship deals, general marketing etc. etc.


Also i disagree it's all berlu's fault....
it' been stated. Milan's wage bill isn't too high for 'milan'. but it is for what they PAY for. Quite simply, Milan pay same wages as Inter and very comprable to all top clubs in world. Problem is what is Galliani paying for? Thats right.... nepotism. Keeping legends who i LOVE but cmon.

I don't recall every player playing till 40 in past. I recall some of my favorites like Albertini, Weah, Savicevic moving on in the twilight of there career. Now we apparently have to keep everyone till 40 like they are Maldini


Still all that said, even if we did pay high wages, milan has to be able to get money on loan to buy players.
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 25-04-2010, 00:29   #4693

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
How much did Pato cost?
Kaka cost?
Thiago Silva cost?


i think milan can bring 3 to 6 HIGH quality players to that w/ smart scouting... it won't be galactico, but personally i prefer these tpe o signings. you make your own stars..... It didn't take long for any of those 3 to be noticed on big stage and be big time players...
They didn't cost that much ... and they weren't big stars, so ? And they were/are useful. We agree actually ?

I would write off Pato from that list because he was starting to be hyped and we paid 20M (I don't remember the exact number, it was 24M I think, but anyway 20+M for a single player who was just 18 when coming is big money).
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline  
Old 25-04-2010, 02:28   #4694

shegs

Registered User
 
shegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Fave Players: Shevchenko, Ronaldo and Bergkamp.
shegs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bijon View Post
I disagree, the problem is the mismanagement of funds, Galliani is the clown who manages the team, he is the one that extends the contract for old out of form players, he is the one who keeps buying useless players.
I agree with Samaldinho: Berlusconi, and not Galliani, is at fault. Chygrinsky & Zlatan at FCB are expensive flops, Berbatov too at United, so are Mancini & Quaresma at Inter etc etc, yet you can't say thier managers have mismanaged funds. Why? Because the owners/shareholders invest so much money, that 'a couple' of millions' loss isn't too glaring. Not that i want Milan to go down that route but i'm just saying that until we give Galliani 40-60 mil, and he spends it foolishly, we can't blame him. Besides Don Silvio is almost always heavily involved in our transfers, so even if Galliani flops, he still shoulder some blame.
__________________
Allegri's like a chess player; patient & deep-thinking.... Mourinho is incisive precise and cut-throat. Like a sniper.

Last edited by shegs; 25-04-2010 at 02:37.
shegs is offline  
Old 25-04-2010, 04:09   #4695

Lebanese

Registered User
 
Lebanese's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
They didn't cost that much ... and they weren't big stars, so ? And they were/are useful. We agree actually ?

I would write off Pato from that list because he was starting to be hyped and we paid 20M (I don't remember the exact number, it was 24M I think, but anyway 20+M for a single player who was just 18 when coming is big money).
kaka 8 mil - 6 months left in contract (not cheap)
thiago 9 mil - 6 months left in contract (not cheap)
pato - 22 mil for 17 years old kid (a record for a non-professional player)

so if we have the budget for players with expiring contracts then let it be, but to keep the clowns farming our budget is something unacceptable. look at pastore today his price was only 8 mil. look at oddo alone we paid 10 mil + foggia.

now here whats going to happen next year, we are going to sign the beast from roma for 12 mil + abate.
and we are going for trezeget and zebina and we will sell pato.

we are going in a fire sale situation and after that berlusconi will sell the club for an astrological sum of money. god i am really thinking to stop watching football
__________________
Quote:
" ...I'm sure this will be my last stop, there is nothing more than Milan, Milan is the best for me. Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano

Last edited by Lebanese; 25-04-2010 at 04:21.
Lebanese is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.