AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-05-2010, 18:38   #106

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastriot View Post
No my friend, don`t get me wrong...i put the players there loosely, I was not implying tactics ore schemes.

To me is important that we play like a team. When u have players who run a lot tactics tend to matter less.
Ok for the first part, sorry for the mistake ...

For the second part, I disagree with the end. Your players, when running, need to be organized, because if they "only" run, even a team with average players but well organized will beat them.
So I'd tend to say that tactics are maybe more important than the number of kilometers the players run (with good tactics, I'd even say that players can run a bit less as they will do no useless moves on the pitch).

Anyway, nowadays, we are with a team who can run but not that much and no coach: damn, we're in a bad situation !!
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline  
Old 18-05-2010, 18:38   #107

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
About Strasser for the first team, I don't like the idea. Strasser is not a real creative player (like Seedorf, Pirlo, etc.) nor pure defensive miedfielder ala Gattuso. He is more like Ambrosini, decent skills for defensive and offensive duties. For this type of player he needs so many experience since he doesn't posses special ability; he relies his play on his ability of reading the game (gained from playing many games).

Bringing Odumadi to the first team is also not a good move IMO. He is very rough of talent and depend a lot on his speed without sufficient finishing, dribbling and game-play passing skills. I do think that Milan first team player is not right the place for him where he can find many games to play, something he missed to make him a decent player.
Siregar is offline  
Old 18-05-2010, 18:42   #108

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shegs1157 View Post
I hope its someone that employs the 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2 most times and uses 4-3-3 only when absolutely neccessary (and please no wingers, only supporting strikers). i know it won't be easy, but Dinho should be converted to the trequartista role, as it would give us more balance.
It seems he can do it ... Against Juventus, Ronaldinho, for once, let his left side alone and moved on the pitch.
It looked to me like he played more in the centre than usually, allowing Pato to also play more in the centre and not as a right winger.

If the guy can do that during a whole season, then he can be kept, but it's a huge risk to try that ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline  
Old 18-05-2010, 18:44   #109

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
It seems he can do it ... Against Juventus, Ronaldinho, for once, let his left side alone and moved on the pitch.
It looked to me like he played more in the centre than usually, allowing Pato to also play more in the centre and not as a right winger.

If the guy can do that during a whole season, then he can be kept, but it's a huge risk to try that ...
The problem is if the guy WANT to do that!

I have seen once how GREAT he moved and run back to help the defense by chasing the ball (even he failed if I remember correctly) but does he want to that again and again?
Siregar is offline  
Old 18-05-2010, 22:17   #110

MilanMikey

Registered User
 
MilanMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2010
Location: Toronto
Fave Players: Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Pirlo
MilanMikey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Ok for the first part, sorry for the mistake ...

For the second part, I disagree with the end. Your players, when running, need to be organized, because if they "only" run, even a team with average players but well organized will beat them.
So I'd tend to say that tactics are maybe more important than the number of kilometers the players run (with good tactics, I'd even say that players can run a bit less as they will do no useless moves on the pitch).

Anyway, nowadays, we are with a team who can run but not that much and no coach: damn, we're in a bad situation !!
I agree, perfect example is pirlo. He barely ever runs yet the tactics he uses and the precise passing is what sets up the goals . even ronaldinho, sure he runs i mean he really has no choice down the wing but even when he does he's not really at his best form so really his running and skill at crossing players isnt as efficient as it used to be.. what makes him still a decent player and worthy to be in the starting line up is his abilitty for acurate passing crosses and shots. so really, tactical play < kick and run.. anyways this is a thread for the mercato so ill put my 2cents into it.. as we all know berlu and galli aren't big money spenders and berlu would rather sell the club then spend money if it wouldnt somewhat ruin his so called "reputation". I don't expect any big money spending, i just expect them to use their brain. We've made over 150mill in player selling over the past 3-4 years. I don't ask them to spend 150m on players and be another real madrid, but being smart and spending 40m on a young midfielder with potential and a good striker that can guarentee goals won't hurt that much.

Last edited by MilanMikey; 18-05-2010 at 22:28.
MilanMikey is offline  
Old 18-05-2010, 23:03   #111

Edmando

Registered User
 
Edmando's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Oak-town, Baby!
Edmando is on a distinguished road
I think everything needs balance - you have to have the proper effort to go with tactics to be a successful team. With a bunch of slow, immobile players, you are limited to play certain style. You can't hit anyone with counter attack, which Inter is so good at, when needed. I think that's one major weakness Milan is facing. So, I would mind dropping Dinho for someone with a little less tricks, but runs faster and more to balance it out.
Edmando is offline  
Old 19-05-2010, 00:45   #112

devoted_dm

Registered User
 
devoted_dm's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2000
Location: Norway
Fave Players: Pirlo, Nesta, Gattuso and Roberto Baggio
devoted_dm is on a distinguished road
Well, apparently Berlu told reporters last night that due to the financial crisis, etc, Milan's squad would be supplemented by 4-5 young players (three of them from the primavera side), and then, apparently, he said: "But since I have supported this club since I was a child, I will act if the opportunity arises to sign a real champion, someone who can give the team a step up in quality.

And then, according to another source, he mentioned Cristiano Ronaldo as the kind of champion he was talking about.

Makes me wonder if the protests from the Curva have made him react. He is a politician, after all, and I'm sure it won't be good for his image if he lets his "dear" Milan fall apart completely. If he can't even run a football club properly, how is he supposed to run an entire country?

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...O6ju4w972KIgSA
devoted_dm is offline  
Old 19-05-2010, 01:07   #113

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
About Strasser for the first team, I don't like the idea. Strasser is not a real creative player (like Seedorf, Pirlo, etc.) nor pure defensive miedfielder ala Gattuso. He is more like Ambrosini, decent skills for defensive and offensive duties. For this type of player he needs so many experience since he doesn't posses special ability; he relies his play on his ability of reading the game (gained from playing many games).

Bringing Odumadi to the first team is also not a good move IMO. He is very rough of talent and depend a lot on his speed without sufficient finishing, dribbling and game-play passing skills. I do think that Milan first team player is not right the place for him where he can find many games to play, something he missed to make him a decent player.
I think if Strasser main ability is his reading of the game then that is a big plus. We haven't had a mid like that since Vogel/Redondo, and if Strasser is a box to box then he is what is needed.

Oduamandi in recent weeks looks great, and I think him and Verdi will give opp headaches if they get the chance.

Thought De Vito would get a chance, but we might buy Aogo, and switch Antonini to rb.

I'd like to see Donnarumma as 3rd choice after Alves (if signed) and Abbiati.

There is mention of a loan to Serie B, but imo that's a waste ground for our youth. Either go to a smaller Serie A club, or outside of Italy to gain experience.

I thik our best summer movement would be berlu out.

He;ll sign a champ if they become available, then mentions fag boy as the type of player he wants.

The only club with financial difficulties who want to sell are liverpool, and only Torres would be the player to capture the imagination, even if Gerrard, Mascherano, Babel & Agger would be good additions.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 19-05-2010, 02:41   #114

bijon

Registered User
 
bijon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2009
Location: South Africa
Fave Players: Seedorf, Cassano, Pirlo, Nesta, Pazzini
bijon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony75 View Post
The only club with financial difficulties who want to sell are liverpool, and only Torres would be the player to capture the imagination, even if Gerrard, Mascherano, Babel & Agger would be good additions.
You can forget Torres, first he is out of our price range, secondly, Man City, Cheski and Real are all keen on him.
bijon is offline  
Old 19-05-2010, 03:08   #115

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
sorry, double post
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--

Last edited by Nalx; 19-05-2010 at 03:11.
Nalx is offline  
Old 19-05-2010, 04:40   #116

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Hmmm... DeVito should get his chances anyway regardless of whether Aogo or Outamendi come in... Looks like Albertazzi will be our next back-up CB after Yepes, and I am not so fussed whether Astori leaves or returns to Milan. His buy-out clause is a fair amount,and we will have to pay through the roof to get him back.

Shame that the youth team is still playing and that Storari wil have surgery, as I was hoping someone besides Dida would be gieven the nod for the US tour.... He is leaving right?!

As for Strasser, why not, bcs I can't see Rino doing much better....

Personally I wouldn't mind Robihno coming to milan as long as he doesn't cost us over 20 million... Tactically he would slot in well, but I hope "Dihno and Bihno" off the field is not a deadly cocktail of Samba partying....
__________________
Galliani laughed: “I don’t know what his face looks like. Mine is ugly and is a Rossoneri face…”
guestes is offline  
Old 19-05-2010, 05:01   #117

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Gazetta dello Sport as quoted by goal.com said that Inzagi's on the verge of penning a one-year extension. Much as I adore you Pippo, I think it's already one season too many..
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline  
Old 19-05-2010, 05:06   #118

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Don't get me wrong, I've said I want Dinho to be sold if it's possible (to play again in the good old 4-3-1-2) since a while now, but what I said is that if you plan to play in 4-3-3 again, selling Ronaldinho is weird ...

Yes he can't run for 90 minutes, yes he doesn't move enough, but in this formation, he can do some good things. You plan to use Pato there to replace Ronnie ? I don't understand your point: you'll ask Pato to learn again another position for the second year in a row.
It depends on who we replace with. If say we get a player like Krasic, I think we can play 4-3-3 with Pato moving to the left, which I'm sure Pato can adjust to without too much of a problem, as he's played a similar role in the past and has shown he's quite versatile.

That said, if it was up to me I'd probably base the team next season on a loose 4-4-2, without Dinho and with a replacement like Krasic (who I think could be great for us if used correctly).

I want a striker, and did think it was of absoloute priority a couple of months ago, but quite frankly I'd be happy with just a new fullback (Mario Fernandes or Cristico being ideal), an all round powerful midfielder (Jucilei definitely tops the wish list there) and a new replacement for Dinho (Krasic seems the best option around) for the first team. I don't think that's unrealistic as we should be able to get Krasic with the money we get for Dinho and the others shouldn't be expensive.

With that, I'd want some squad players. A decent defender, a midfielder like Simplicio and a replacement for Huntelaar (someone who is of more use to our side) wouldn't go amiss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
It seems he can do it ... Against Juventus, Ronaldinho, for once, let his left side alone and moved on the pitch.
It looked to me like he played more in the centre than usually, allowing Pato to also play more in the centre and not as a right winger.

If the guy can do that during a whole season, then he can be kept, but it's a huge risk to try that ...
Dinho was tried as CAM and failed earlier this season. However, what he can do when he feels like it is start on the left and cut in to central positions. However, I doubt we'd be able to successfully use him in just CAM in 4-3-1-2.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 19-05-2010, 06:00   #119

shegs

Registered User
 
shegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Fave Players: Shevchenko, Ronaldo and Bergkamp.
shegs is on a distinguished road
This Pedro Leon guy, has anybody seen the guy play, regularly? I saw him play once, against atletico on sunday and he had a good game offensively, but didn't help in defense at all. i can't even remember seeing him in Getafe's side of the pitch during the 2nd half! In fairness, his team really controlled the play bt still......
Also he was almost always on the right, like a 'right-wing junkie'.
What i'm trying to say is, if this is hw he plays all the time, i don't think he's the kind of attacker we need. We need an offensive player that's willing to track back and help defend too.
__________________
Allegri's like a chess player; patient & deep-thinking.... Mourinho is incisive precise and cut-throat. Like a sniper.
shegs is offline  
Old 19-05-2010, 06:31   #120

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Crisp View Post
Are you suggesting there coming ?? info if its true my god that would be awful now its not 2005 anymore
Thankfully, no. Unfortunately, maybe.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.