AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-07-2010, 09:02   #1996

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Earlier in the summer, 11 contracts were supposed to expire next year and that so-called revolution was being awaited by all of us.

Already, 1 training session only, Oddo and Abbiati have renewed their contracts. Ronaldinho, Nesta, Pirlo will also most likely renew. Meaning that 6 players will have their contracts expired: Janku, Kaladze, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Roma, 1 more. Who knows how many contracts will be renewed come December? Some revolution.....
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 21-07-2010, 09:26   #1997

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
I don't know what is this "buzz" about Papa managing to mark Messi ... Seriously, it's not one game that should lead us to the statement that Papa is a great player (or the contrary). How was he during the whole season ?
lol, thanks to you and everyone who answered my question. I was merely interested in Berlu's comment and to know if it indeed was Papa that marked Messi. He did a good job in that game, but like you said a single game isn't enough to judge him. However, from what i have seen of him in Genoa and for Greece, he does seem a decent player and the most promising defensive signing we've made in recent years (with exception to Thiago).
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 21-07-2010, 09:29   #1998

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Youth captain Romagnoli has been officially loaned out to Zemanlandia (Foggia).

I saw Milan's squad list on the official site and noticed a few surprises:
- Onyewu not in the squad list at all
- Albertazzi, after refusing to be co-owned by Genoa, is not in the list
- Oduamadi, Strasser, Adiyiah in the squad list
- We have 10 DEFENDERS (excluding Onyewu and Abate who has been moved to midfield to complete the numbers (just like how Seedorf was an attacker when we didn't have enough))
- No Verdi on the list

Last edited by hitmannq8; 21-07-2010 at 09:34.
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 21-07-2010, 09:48   #1999

SomeDevil

Registered User
 
SomeDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2010
Location: Goa/Bombay
Fave Players: Maldini, baggio,Maradona,Van basten
SomeDevil is on a distinguished road
Allegri is so f****d ! If he can manage a top 4 finish with this then he is really a good manager !!! Supporting Milan is becoming very bad for mental health now !

I still have hopes that there is a larger plan behind all this shi tty ness. Afterall he gave us many great years. unless he;s going insane or maybe his children want more money left to them after he;s gone ! i can;t see why he shouldn;t spend or have a grand plan in works ! well ...
SomeDevil is offline  
Old 21-07-2010, 09:51   #2000

ARIO

Registered User
 
ARIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2000
Location: Indonesia
Fave Players: The divine swan himself : MARCO VAN BASTEN!!!!
ARIO is on a distinguished road
another ignorant season???? *sigh* (a long one, and definitely hurting)
__________________
A Milan con Affetto.....
F O R Z A M I L A N - 2011/2012MARCHETTI;Abate,DAVID LUIZ,ASTORI,Vila;Thiago Silva;Flamini,Pirlo;Robinho;Pato,Ibrahimovic
ARIO is offline  
Old 21-07-2010, 09:53   #2001

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
Youth captain Romagnoli has been officially loaned out to Zemanlandia (Foggia).

I saw Milan's squad list on the official site and noticed a few surprises:
- Onyewu not in the squad list at all
- Albertazzi, after refusing to be co-owned by Genoa, is not in the list
- Oduamadi, Strasser, Adiyiah in the squad list
- We have 10 DEFENDERS (excluding Onyewu and Abate who has been moved to midfield to complete the numbers (just like how Seedorf was an attacker when we didn't have enough))
- No Verdi on the list
Only the first one is surprising in my opinion.
As for the the rest, our youth set up is a bigger mess than it was 10 years ago, who is going to make the team who is not, etc.
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline  
Old 21-07-2010, 10:25   #2002

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Gooch is on the list.

http://www.acmilan.com/LM_Team_Roster.aspx
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 21-07-2010, 10:35   #2003

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
They must have corrected that, I think their webmaster is as confused as the rest of us
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline  
Old 21-07-2010, 11:12   #2004

sylrus

Registered User
 
sylrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: indo
Fave Players: basten, sheva, pirlo, kaka, ronaldinho
sylrus is on a distinguished road
maybe the webmaster want gooch out of the team
sylrus is offline  
Old 21-07-2010, 12:24   #2005

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
They must have corrected that, I think their webmaster is as confused as the rest of us
Their webmaster is an amateur ... There are regularly mistakes on the website.

About Abate being in the midfielders list, would it be because Allegri will use him in midfield ? It could maybe give the reason why they gave one more year to Oddo ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members

Last edited by GeoTav; 21-07-2010 at 12:26.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 21-07-2010, 12:26   #2006

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
I realize that I am the usual optimistic person here, and while I want to underline that I am not satisfied with the Milan's transfer dealings, I think the signings that have to Milan actually are going to significantly help us this season.

While our midfield is the area given the least amount of attention (by transfer rumors and most pundits) it seems that as a result of the defensive signings, it (the midfield) could improve significantly without signings (even though it still needs one or two).

How is this? I think that a healthy Bonera, Yepes, and Papa are critical towards reshaping how we manage our back four. With Bonera and Yepes able to provide cover at CB, allowing Nesta and Thiago more rest, Papa's versatility (at RB or CB) allows Zambro to be used less (big games) and also provide a fresher alternative for LB should Antonini be unavailable, rather than Janku.

This gives us:
--Papa/Bonera--Nesta/Yepes--Thiago/Bonera--Antonini/Zambro

Papa provides us versatility, and with the establishment of Antonini on the left, genuine competition for Zambro, who still has something left to give, if his WC performances are anything to go by. This is obviously not certain, but, I think to write off Zambro would not be fair.

This releases Abate from the RB spot. Coupled with the reported centrality that Flamini will play in Allegri's plans and the 4-3-1-2 that we might be using, I can see an important improvement to Milan's energy levels.

If Ronaldinho is actually apart of Allegri's plans and if Pirlo isn't going anywhere, I can see Milan's 3-1 as:
--Abate--Pirlo--Flamini
---------Dinho

Abate has potential, and I think because of his tenacity, willingness to fight, speed, and endurance he has the makings of very good midfielder. I think we saw some of that potential when he played as a RB, but, I think as a midfield work horse he could provide an injection of pace that our midfield has been missing.

I think a Pirlo replacement is our number one priority for our transfer market. I'm not sure it has to be a like-for-like player, but rather someone who can actually slot into the midfield and open the game, which is different to what Seedorf does. Seedorf will give you that attacking edge in the final third, but Pirlo will open the space so that there can be options in the attacking third.

If we line up in 2010-2011 as:

--------Marco/Abbi
Papa/Z--Nesta--Thiago--Anto
----Abate---Pirlo---Flamini
------------Dinho
-----Pato--------Borri
Bench: Abbi/Mar; Yepes; Bonera; Huntelaar; Seedorf; Ambro;

I think I see a team good enough for Serie A, but not for something else. We have the fire power, goals from Pato, Borri, Dinho etc but we do not have an alternative to Pirlo in midfield. That is what Milan is missing, the competition for places that makes good teams great. I never thought goal keeping was a major issue last year, and defensively we simply did not have the depth at CB to deal with losing Nesta for so long (which was stupid).

I think a smart loan/purchase of Cigarini, Montolivo, etc is what Milan needs. Because I think its obvious, that even with this set of players, if a team wants to play toe-to-toe with us, we can out possess them, we can defend ruggedly, but it is all predicated on players being healthy, because we have no plan B in critical areas.

The gap for Milan from contending in Europe is the ability to provide enough threat from other players to counteract the "mark Pirlo/Dinho" strategy that worked so well last year. I think the pursuit of another striker (real or not) is a response to the finishing that prevented Milan from putting Man Utd (and other teams) to the sword.

I think the loan of Marco and the signing of Papa are things that we haven't seen Milan do in a long time. They might not be the signings we dream of as fans, but they are certainly different to what the management has done before. I would not turn down a few more signings like those, and I am particularly interested to see how Fossatti factors into Milan's future.

Maybe things are changing? Too little too late? I'm not sure, but, I think Milan will be stronger in Serie A than in the CL this year, but it is increasingly obvious that our youth are going to be playing a bigger role for us in the future. Maybe not next year, but looking at Milan's official squad list (on acmilan.com) its interesting seeing the date of birth of the youth players compared to our older players. Why? Because there is very little inbetween.

Verdi is 18, Adiyiah is 20, De Vito is 18.. etc These players are not going to be ready yet, and the reason why Pato started the day he was able to was not simply because he was a super talent and everyone at Milan's youth is garbage, its because he was bought for 20 something million. We need to give the youth time, and also remember, that this is the Serie A, where young players rarely get chances at big clubs. Do we forget this?

Only time will tell whether we got the right prospects or not, but, all I do know is that asking 18 year olds to start or be labeled as useless is the exact reason why Italians protect youth players in the first place.

Thoughts?
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 21-07-2010, 12:34   #2007

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Their webmaster is an amateur ... There are regularly mistakes on the website.
True I (we) have seen many mistakes. I would do that job better and cheaper
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline  
Old 21-07-2010, 12:40   #2008

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
While our midfield is the area given the least amount of attention (by transfer rumors and most pundits) it seems that as a result of the defensive signings, it (the midfield) could improve significantly without signings (even though it still needs one or two).

How is this? I think that a healthy Bonera, Yepes, and Papa are critical towards reshaping how we manage our back four. With Bonera and Yepes able to provide cover at CB, allowing Nesta and Thiago more rest, Papa's versatility (at RB or CB) allows Zambro to be used less (big games) and also provide a fresher alternative for LB should Antonini be unavailable, rather than Janku.

This releases Abate from the RB spot. Coupled with the reported centrality that Flamini will play in Allegri's plans and the 4-3-1-2 that we might be using, I can see an important improvement to Milan's energy levels.

Abate has potential, and I think because of his tenacity, willingness to fight, speed, and endurance he has the makings of very good midfielder. I think we saw some of that potential when he played as a RB, but, I think as a midfield work horse he could provide an injection of pace that our midfield has been missing.

I think a Pirlo replacement is our number one priority for our transfer market. I'm not sure it has to be a like-for-like player, but rather someone who can actually slot into the midfield and open the game, which is different to what Seedorf does. Seedorf will give you that attacking edge in the final third, but Pirlo will open the space so that there can be options in the attacking third.
Let's be even more optimistic: if Gattuso leaves, they will surely buy a younger midfielder for the same amount I think. Could be interesting depending on who they plan to buy ...

If Ronaldinho leaves, I don't know why, but I feel Pirlo will be given a more advanced role and that they will try to get another midfielder, if possible, a versatile one.

Yes, I'm starting to think that we won't get any new forward (Dzeko) ... but it would be the icing on the cake !!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
True I (we) have seen many mistakes. I would do that job better and cheaper
Why cheaper ? Just imagine you could have had this job 3-4 years ago, you could have asked for 1M/year to work 15 hours a week !!
Nowadays, they would offer a free job or an internship to students with 50 hours a week of work, without forgetting to also sell tickets at the wicket and close the doors of San Siro after games.
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members

Last edited by GeoTav; 21-07-2010 at 12:46.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 21-07-2010, 13:33   #2009

Az.

Registered User
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Fave Players: Sheva,Maldini,Rui Costa,Nesta,Pirlo,Pippo
Az. is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know exactly what`s our transfer budget this summer?I know its suppose to be somewhere between the 15 and 20 millions mark.

Berlusconi said that he wont invest any extra money,and Alegri is going to play with two strikers.So if we have some 20 millions and were going to sell Hunt for about 15 maybe we can finally get Dzeko?

Although i would rather have Pato-Borrielo up front with Pippo &Adyah as backups.I know there not solid backups by any means but i think we should reinvest does potential 30-35 millions in a midfielder.If that money is real ,we should get Ozil or maybe even try and allure Gourcuff back to Milan.

Cause who else are we going to buy on such a tight budget?
__________________
Se7en
Az. is offline  
Old 21-07-2010, 13:52   #2010

Jay Crisp

Registered User
 
Jay Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Does anyone know exactly what`s our transfer budget this summer?I know its suppose to be somewhere between the 15 and 20 millions mark.

Berlusconi said that he wont invest any extra money,and Alegri is going to play with two strikers.So if we have some 20 millions and were going to sell Hunt for about 15 maybe we can finally get Dzeko?

Although i would rather have Pato-Borrielo up front with Pippo &Adyah as backups.I know there not solid backups by any means but i think we should reinvest does potential 30-35 millions in a midfielder.If that money is real ,we should get Ozil or maybe even try and allure Gourcuff back to Milan.

Cause who else are we going to buy on such a tight budget?
I don't think that right now we have 15 - 20 million and then another 15 million.Im hoping that a player or player's will arrive but its touch and go with that.If we had 35 million with the sale of Huntelaar we have already spent 5 on Papa and the other 30 could be spent on Hernanes Jucilei and Say Fabiano but I don't think we'll end up with that type of mercato.
I honestly think another 2 players will come in but I also think that one will be a player that costs 6 - 8 million and the other will be on loan or free.I have no idea what positions but I think 1 will be a mid to replace Gattusso as he has the sense to move from where he is not needed .But I just do not see us having 20 million and 15 for Hunter to spend....Actually I see it but I don't think that much will be spent.
Jay Crisp is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.