AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-07-2010, 11:17   #2176

Rabia15

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Rabia15 is on a distinguished road
Honda would be a dream for me, quality and young player, who can be great improvement for our first 11 quality, increase it much more...

in my opinion, we need a player except him, who can play 2 part of the game, a fighter, our midfield would be set with this 2 players...

Then focusing on defence and attack, Lazzari can add dept for the attack, would be nice addition, almost sure, Huntelaar will leave, i wonder who'll replace him. you know Galliani, he is a master on bringing crap, useless and very old players. maybe we can sign a player whos worse than Huntelaar to replace him...Everything is possible...

i always said that we need much better wing backs than current ones. CB's problem seems solved, with Yepes and Papa. at least it seems...

i'd say no to VDV, VDV can add dept yet Honda is different player. definetely he will add much more than VDV.
Rabia15 is offline  
Old 24-07-2010, 11:35   #2177

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
Can our members from Ukraine and eastern europe give us an idea of what kind of player Ilsinho is?

Ilsinho is a 25 year old Brazilian that was very highly rated 5 years ago when we were linked with him. He was likened alot to Cafu and was very close to joining us.

Good news is, he fullfills everything we are looking for:
- 25 years old
- Brazilian..... and Italian passport
- Speedy right back
- FREE

Can someone let us know why did Shakhtar release him on a free, and let us know how good is he really? I know that he was important for them when they won the Europa League in 2009.
A Brazilian can...
As I said in the past, when we're linked to him... OVERRATED!!! He and Cafu in the same sentence is a crime, my friend. Man, I hate the press/agents and "the new..."

I will give Ilsinho skills... He's VERY skilled, tall, fast but the guy is soft. To get it straight, Ilsinho is a bigger version of Cicinho. Don't wanted him int the past, and I hope we don't get him now...

Look, long time without post here and too lazy to read 10(or more pages) I missed. So, if anyone asked something to me, sorry. Can you repeat now?

Also, can you guys educate me about this Honda guy?? Yep, I saw him at the World Cup, but I really don't get caught by World Cup performances. After every WC is the same. Several players are turned into superstars even playing average at their clubs... Back to the point, is Honda "the man" of his team? Or even a top 3? What the type of pressure he's used to face? Thanks in advance...

On a side note: Santos bought Arouca(he was loaned to Santos) today. They paid to São Paulo incredibles 3.5millions euros for 90% of his rights(the players own 10%). Incredible talent, 24yo, hard worker, HIGH character player and(I hope) future starter of Brazil NT. What a purchase by Santos...

Last edited by Brasileiro; 24-07-2010 at 11:37.
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 24-07-2010, 11:39   #2178

payne

Registered User
 
payne's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: VDV, Thiago Silva, Hazard, Rui Costa
payne is on a distinguished road
honestly if we get honda, i wouldnt want van der vaart, though he would still be a great signing, i would prefer drenthe as he adds a different dimension, and is a little flashy. i dont mind having a flashy player, since we dont really have one. flashy adds some entertainment to the game.
__________________
Galliani here is the plan
  • Sell:Kaladze, Boriello, Janku, Oddo, Gennaro, Gattuso, Seedorf
  • Buy:VDV/Drenthe and Dos Santos
payne is offline  
Old 24-07-2010, 11:47   #2179

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
I've seen Ilsinho 100 times and he is not a player for Milan or he will arrive in Milan or whatever. End.

Honda is right now overhiped becouse he had a very good WC. He played a free role behind the Cf and did very well. I do not know how he would fit in Milan, where, what are our plans with Dinho's position etc. For sure, without making SERIOUS plan and knowing the player 1005 I wouldnt spend 13-15mln on anyone except absoulte class young players. Playing in CSKA and a main role in Japan WC team is not the same as playing a strict role for a club like ac Milan. Id rather invest 15mln plus some more for D.Luis and secure our backline for the next 2 years... 8 hoping Nesta can do well... )
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 24-07-2010, 12:02   #2180

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
A Brazilian can...
As I said in the past, when we're linked to him... OVERRATED!!! He and Cafu in the same sentence is a crime, my friend. Man, I hate the press/agents and "the new..."

I will give Ilsinho skills... He's VERY skilled, tall, fast but the guy is soft. To get it straight, Ilsinho is a bigger version of Cicinho. Don't wanted him int the past, and I hope we don't get him now...

Look, long time without post here and too lazy to read 10(or more pages) I missed. So, if anyone asked something to me, sorry. Can you repeat now?

Also, can you guys educate me about this Honda guy?? Yep, I saw him at the World Cup, but I really don't get caught by World Cup performances. After every WC is the same. Several players are turned into superstars even playing average at their clubs... Back to the point, is Honda "the man" of his team? Or even a top 3? What the type of pressure he's used to face? Thanks in advance...

On a side note: Santos bought Arouca(he was loaned to Santos) today. They paid to São Paulo incredibles 3.5millions euros for 90% of his rights(the players own 10%). Incredible talent, 24yo, hard worker, HIGH character player and(I hope) future starter of Brazil NT. What a purchase by Santos...
Not gonna pretend that I'm an expert on Honda, but here's what I know.

He was bought by CSKA in the winter from Venlo (VvV) in the best division in Holland. He apparently played very well there which is why CSKA invested 10M euro's in him.

In CSKA he played 4 games in playoffs in the CL. 2 against Sevilla and 2 against Inter. Here's highlights off him in the first game against Sevilla:

Honda vs Sevilla 1st leg

In the second game he scored the winning goal that send CSKA through, and was named MotM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtIScqetUQI

He didn't do well in his two games against Inter though, but no one from CSKA played particularly well there.

I haven't watched him in the league, but he's only ever played 11 games in Russia, so it's hard to say. All in all I think he's had a very fast rise to stardom, but I think he'd probably be worth it for us.
Christian is offline  
Old 24-07-2010, 13:55   #2181

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
I've seen Ilsinho 100 times and he is not a player for Milan or he will arrive in Milan or whatever. End.

Honda is right now overhiped becouse he had a very good WC. ... Id rather invest 15mln plus some more for D.Luis and secure our backline for the next 2 years... 8 hoping Nesta can do well... )
Thanks for the info, my friend... I really don't know much about Honda besides the WC. But I know a lot about "the world cup warriors" and the hype after their performances. Still remember of Kleberson...

Regarding D. Luiz, we are out of this league. It's more natural to see(from Serie A) Fiorentina or Napoli buying him than us nowadays. A shame... But what worries me(a lot) is the name of some players we are linked. Normal players without any potential, but with the so hyped Serie A experience.

To be clear, I'm not a star love... Heck, I'm against Zlatan or VDV purchase, but or "unknown players" need to have a least WC potential. What I see is a bunch of normal guys(where's the potential?!?!?!)that did nothing to elevate middle or small teams... Let's see how they perform at a pressure environment like Milan.

Plus, the pressure(and patience) by our supporters will be even harder this season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Not gonna pretend that I'm an expert on Honda, but here's what I know.

He didn't do well in his two games against Inter though, but no one from CSKA played particularly well there.

I haven't watched him in the league, but he's only ever played 11 games in Russia, so it's hard to say. All in all I think he's had a very fast rise to stardom, but I think he'd probably be worth it for us.
Don't worry, my friend... It helped a lot. I just edited for space reasons.

The bold part isn't finished story, but let me concerned. The way a player perform against BIG competition is a good tool to rate him. But like you said, all team played bad... What also raised my worries about other CSKA players we were linked and hyped here...

Well, lets just hope(if he came) Honda shines red&black...
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 24-07-2010, 14:16   #2182

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
To be clear, I'm not a star love... Heck, I'm against Zlatan or VDV purchase, but or "unknown players" need to have a least WC potential. What I see is a bunch of normal guys(where's the potential?!?!?!)that did nothing to elevate middle or small teams... Let's see how they perform at a pressure environment like Milan.

The bold part isn't finished story, but let me concerned. The way a player perform against BIG competition is a good tool to rate him. But like you said, all team played bad... What also raised my worries about other CSKA players we were linked and hyped here...

Well, lets just hope(if he came) Honda shines red&black...
Who are these players you mention in the first paragraph I quoted ?
Our new players ? Amelia, Sokratis and Yepes ?
If yes, see it this way: Yepes >> Favalli, Sokratis >>...>> Kaladze, and Amelia isn't better than a "Dida in a good day", but he hasn't these "Dida bad day", so he will be a good GK backup.

About Honda, he's a pure talent, and during the WC, he didn't play in his position actually because if I'm not wrong, he was more a CM in CSKA than any other position. But it's what also gives a good value to the player: he can play in several roles. It's the kind of player we don't have in our midfield nowadays (maybe Pirlo who could be able to play as an AM but will he ever do it in Milan ?). Then, of course, he could fail in Italy, we don't know, we can't know, but even if he was to badly adapt to Serie A, he would still be more important for this season than Seedorf will for example, IMO.

Anyway, before hoping he can perform well here, let's hope he can come here ...

PS: Wow, is the Brazilian federation as bad as the French one ? They choose a NT coach and they're unable to break his contract ? They couldn't negotiate before making that public ? Very surprised because it's a weird way to start the long road leading them to the WC glory at home !!
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members

Last edited by GeoTav; 24-07-2010 at 14:19.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 24-07-2010, 15:13   #2183

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post


Where can I find recent and daily updated videos of the team in training?
http://www.youtube.com/user/Maestr02.../0/TdEwoqm1LD8

This has about 10min of each day since practice has started this summer. Not great, but better then nothing and better then anything else I've been able to find.

If someone has something better please post it. I enjoy watching practice sessions. Not just from Milan.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!
nefremo is offline  
Old 24-07-2010, 15:32   #2184

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Please don't laugh at me when I said Honda has something to remind me of Kaka

As both are ACM with physical strength, speed, very good mid-range passing (not longrange like Pirlo, Schnejder), longshot, header. As a bonus, Honda is a very good freekick taker.

However, Honda played for teams in Japan, VVV Venlo, CSKA, which are not big clubs or have many talent teammates. When Kaka was born in Brazil where there are more gifted footballer than anywhere in the world, then he moved to Milan - best of Europe, of course, the competitive was difficult, but he also had the chance to learn and to be supported.

IMO, it is not easy to have a performance against the top teams if your team is weaker and does not have the better tactic. Yes, Maradona can do with Napoli, but since then, there were no other example.

Messi, Xavi, Ibra,... and Drogba, Terry,... were not themself against Inter, so we can't judge Honda base on that. Just information.
Aficio is offline  
Old 24-07-2010, 15:40   #2185

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Who are these players you mention in the first paragraph I quoted ?
Our new players ? Amelia, Sokratis and Yepes ?
If yes, see it this way: Yepes >> Favalli, Sokratis >>...>> Kaladze, and Amelia isn't better than a "Dida in a good day", but he hasn't these "Dida bad day", so he will be a good GK backup.
No, Geo... I'm talking about the names we're linked since our new coach was named. Middle teams type of players...

Regarding Sokratis, saw very little of him and for this reason never commented on his purchase. Bur heard he has some potential...Yepes I know since his days playing for Boca, and never was impressed. But to be fair, I saw great games by him last season, and as a(free) 4th option is a good deal. Amelia, I always think was overrated, but I also can't see any GK(avaliable) to take a non-EU spot. So, a Serie A(EU) keeper was the best option.

Quote:
About Honda, he's a pure talent, and during the WC, he didn't play in his position actually because if I'm not wrong, he was more a CM in CSKA than any other position. But it's what also gives a good value to the player: he can play in several roles. It's the kind of player we don't have in our midfield nowadays (maybe Pirlo who could be able to play as an AM but will he ever do it in Milan ?). Then, of course, he could fail in Italy, we don't know, we can't know, but even if he was to badly adapt to Serie A, he would still be more important for this season than Seedorf will for example, IMO.

Anyway, before hoping he can perform well here, let's hope he can come here ...
I know very little about Honda as I said before, but at least you gave me a good news... Versatility. Also, like I said before, the country the guy born/play isn't a huge factor for me, since he perform against big competition. Christian post about shine against Sevilla and not against Inter let me a little concerned... But like you said, lets he come first before we talk about perform

Quote:
PS: Wow, is the Brazilian federation as bad as the French one ? They choose a NT coach and they're unable to break his contract ? They couldn't negotiate before making that public ? Very surprised because it's a weird way to start the long road leading them to the WC glory at home !!
Geo, Brazilian Federation is in the hands of a bandit. Plus a guy knows nothing about football. Ricardo Teixeira is so arrogant, that after the talk with Muricy Ramalho, he was bragging about the new coach before talk to Fluminense. Fluminense(mad, because was the last one to know about the invite)deny the liberation. CBF could have paid the clause of liberation, but Muricy said he gave his word for the club about one more year(until 2012) of contract, and that his word has more value. As he said: "what msg I will send to my kids if I can't keep my word?!?!"... Muricy is a interesting old school character, and reminds a lot of his master Telê Santana... But a WAY more defensive
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 24-07-2010, 16:50   #2186

sheva2000

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2010
sheva2000 is on a distinguished road
I am new to this forum, but I wanted to share some thoughts and to hear your opinions on them.

- Ronaldinho: We have not seen the Ronaldinho from his Barca years, but last year he came close. My fear is that selling him will have a bad impact on Pato as well. In regards to Honda coming in and essentially being counted on to replace Dinho, I am not totally against the move. I just question if it is the best move.

- Pato: I believe in my heart that if Pato stays healthy next year, he will score at least 25 goals. Besides health, I think he's got to have two other things: 1) a guy to feed him the ball (like Dinho) and 2) a full time job as a striker. Pato on the wing, in my opinion, is a waste.

- Abbiati/Amelia: Really? This is the future of Milan in goal? I am worried.

- Boriello: Marco has shown himself to be a capable striker over the past two years, but not many seem to be convinced that he will be an important part of our future. However, provided that Pato will be the star we have waited for him to be, would you object 15 goals from Marco?

Also, I have a question about Strasser. Will we see more of him? What are your thoughts on his future? Another young guy I'd like to know more about is Adiyiah.
sheva2000 is offline  
Old 24-07-2010, 18:10   #2187

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Welcome to MM. My thoughts:

Ronaldinho's stay will be first and foremost about what Berlusconi and he himself wants. Either way we will have to live with it if he is here and plays poorly.

Pato, like everybody else really, will thrive with better service. We will have to see how Allegri wants him to play. Ronaldinho alone or Honda alone is not going to be enough. Especially since I don't believe Pirlo has much left and fullbacks providing crosses/service is still a huge question mark.

I am not worried in goal, for now. Future, all positions are questionable.

Personally I don't rate Bori that highly but he will get his share of goals I am pretty sure.

Regarding youth, another thing we have to wait and see. How serious is the management with the youth movement and how the coach sees the ones we have.
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline  
Old 24-07-2010, 18:39   #2188

sheva2000

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2010
sheva2000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
Welcome to MM. My thoughts:

Ronaldinho's stay will be first and foremost about what Berlusconi and he himself wants. Either way we will have to live with it if he is here and plays poorly.

Pato, like everybody else really, will thrive with better service. We will have to see how Allegri wants him to play. Ronaldinho alone or Honda alone is not going to be enough. Especially since I don't believe Pirlo has much left and fullbacks providing crosses/service is still a huge question mark.

I am not worried in goal, for now. Future, all positions are questionable.

Personally I don't rate Bori that highly but he will get his share of goals I am pretty sure.

Regarding youth, another thing we have to wait and see. How serious is the management with the youth movement and how the coach sees the ones we have.
Thanks for your thoughts.
sheva2000 is offline  
Old 24-07-2010, 18:55   #2189

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheva2000 View Post
I am new to this forum, but I wanted to share some thoughts and to hear your opinions on them.

- Ronaldinho: We have not seen the Ronaldinho from his Barca years, but last year he came close. My fear is that selling him will have a bad impact on Pato as well. In regards to Honda coming in and essentially being counted on to replace Dinho, I am not totally against the move. I just question if it is the best move.

- Pato: I believe in my heart that if Pato stays healthy next year, he will score at least 25 goals. Besides health, I think he's got to have two other things: 1) a guy to feed him the ball (like Dinho) and 2) a full time job as a striker. Pato on the wing, in my opinion, is a waste.

- Abbiati/Amelia: Really? This is the future of Milan in goal? I am worried.

- Boriello: Marco has shown himself to be a capable striker over the past two years, but not many seem to be convinced that he will be an important part of our future. However, provided that Pato will be the star we have waited for him to be, would you object 15 goals from Marco?

Also, I have a question about Strasser. Will we see more of him? What are your thoughts on his future? Another young guy I'd like to know more about is Adiyiah.
Glad to have you on board Sheva.

A few thoughts on your comments:

Ronaldinho -- I'm okay with Ronaldinho staying or going, providing that if he stays he continues to have a commitment to being fit and playing with joy. But his contract runs out next year anyway and I'm not sure it would be wise to extend him much beyond that, so if Milan can get a decent fee I think moving him would be fine too. I don't see Honda necessarily as a direct replacement for Ronaldinho, although he certainly could be. But Honda is very versatile and could fill a number of positions. Also, he's very young and dynamic, which is the sort of player Milan could use in the midfield, and he can play box-to-box.

Pato: I agree with you. I think he's poised to have a great year in Allegri's preferred 4-3-1-2 formation.

Abiatti/Amelia: The future? No. But solid and good enough for the time being.

Borriello: I'd love to see 15 goals from him, but I also think he does a lot of other things during the game that helps the team. I've always liked him.

Hard to say about Strasser or any of the young guys. Time will tell.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 24-07-2010, 19:16   #2190

Bosniaco

Registered User
 
Bosniaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
Well I hope to see more of Namdi Oduamadi, I watched him play little bit in the USA tour last year and he has some fancy footwork
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR<
Bosniaco is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:42.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.