AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-08-2010, 21:54   #3811

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Btw, why we have a better coach now? I hope the best for Allegri, but until now(like Leo last year), he did nothing in Milan(or other big team) to be label as a sure thing. The management of a small team is a different animal than what he will face now... So, lets wait for the finish of the season before saying he's better at Milan than Leonardo.
Even more, because Allegri will need to do better than what you wrote in the quote above, since he will have a much better and(apparently) health team.
It's something different, of course (even if it's in the same league), but it's better to have some experience instead of nothing at all ? I mean, Allegri comes here by already having an experience in Serie A, he did something great with a small team and "limited" players (Cagliari played well under Allegri, and they even were a "threat" for the big teams, as they were among the good mid-table teams). So he doesn't discover the job, he has nothing to learn, he just have to do his job.

Leonardo had an handicap when he accepted the offer of coaching the first team of Milan for his first experience as a coach: he had everything to learn, and at the same time, he had to be ready as it is Milan. IMO, it wasn't fair to send him there suddenly, they should at least have given him the Primavera team for example (and who knows what he would have done with the Primavera ? He would maybe have helped some of our youngsters to be ready earlier than expected for the first team ?), for one or two years, a bit like Barcelona did with Guardiola. It's maybe not a big experience, but that would have allowed him to start his job by being a real coach from day 1.
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline  
Old 26-08-2010, 22:15   #3812

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
Brasieiro, I couldn't agree with you more. One of the main reasons for Hunter's (relatively) poor performance, and us losing/drawing games we should have won, was our old, slow midfield, not supplying our forwards w/ enough chances.

The Ibra purchase in and of itself isn't a bad one, but only if we are looking to strengthen our midfield, which apparently we aren't.

Boateng is a good box-to-box player, but will he adapt to Serie A?

Robinho for me might be a better buy, with Boriello off the bench for Pato in games where we need some muscle.....let's see what happens though, as nothing is final.
Agree, Warro... we are in minority here and I really hope we miss on this point. But aside from Boateng(not a fan) athleticism, we are the same old/slow team(midfield). Not counting on Flamini...

Maybe I'm being biased as a former midfielder, but I can't see our mid working a entire season. We don't have the pieces for that... and will lose(or draw) several game we will be winning(with Ibra and Pato goals) like last season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
For once, I have to strongly disagree with you Brasiliero ...

Firstly, don't take our last friendly game into consideration, by watching it, it was obvious it wasn't a totally serious game. No player actually did the efforts to win that game (except Inzaghi), especially because both teams have a far more important game to play this W-E ...

Then, about our midfield and attack, Ibra is the kind of player who can handle our attack alone, the kind of player who will constantly have 2 defenders marking him in Serie A, which means he will open a lot of spaces for the other players. Ibra in our attack means a better attack but also a more comfortable midfield, having more time and space to control and create. The fact that Ronaldinho seems to have found some decent level (for him) again means he could be a big threat too. If Pato keeps being fit, with these 3 players, we're sure to beat any team in Serie A, even the biggest ones.

I don't know if others remember and if you remember, but when Ibra was in Inter, this team had no creative midfielder, and they still looked good, surely thanks to Ibra.

It will be the same with our midfield IMO. Having Pato and Ibra upfront, helped by Ronaldinho, means that guys like Flamini, Pirlo and I don't know who else will have more time and space to play - that means they will be able to shine.

Of course, another midfielder wouldn't be refused, but right now, between Ibra and Vdv for example, I take Ibra, then VdV. I wouldn't say the same thing if the so called big name was Luis Fabiano (who is a good player too) or I don't know who.

About balance, IMO, having Ibra will allow us to balance more the team than last year because this guy is more physical (no doubt) and technical (except comparing to Pato and Ronaldinho) than any of our players. He is a constant threat for the opponents (I'm writing about Serie A, then, about CL, it's different of course, teams don't play the same way), the midfielders don't need to run like dogs forward and in coming back then in defence (a thing our midfield never did anyway). The balance will be there, especially if Allegri can set a rotation system with the midfielders.

And don't forget something else: Ibra (actually, the same could be said about Robinho) will force the midfielders to play better, like most of the big names (having such a star motivates the others again), but not only: Borriello will have to fight again for his place, meaning he will try hard to score. If Borriello tends to manage to score, Pato will also have to compete for his place, as well as Ibra himself. As a consequence, the new player will force veeryone to give his best.

Here are some reasons why I'm for Ibra coming in Milan.
No problem, Geo. We always agree... it was getting boring

Btw, as always, great(and well based) post. Ibra physicality(and skills) will help a lot, no doubt. But like I said above to Warro, can't see our mid holding all season long. As you said, competition will bring the best, but some legs on this teams already saw a lot of grass... But I can t deny you made a very solid point above.

Just to finish(and not for you), to say that I want midfielders with the money maybe spent on Ibra, doesn't mean I will be sad if he come. But I never thought we still have this type of money, and if we can spend this amount once again, a world class(or 2 promise) midfielder would be my first choice.
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 26-08-2010, 22:23   #3813

MilanMikey

Registered User
 
MilanMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2010
Location: Toronto
Fave Players: Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Pirlo
MilanMikey is on a distinguished road
id prefer robinho then ibrahimovic.. no doubting ibra on top form is a game changing player.. however robinho has that in him too, younger and cheaper. VdV and robinho would be a much better mercato then ibra imo, ibra would be good too.

as ive realized wer slow in midfield boateng adds some speed but hes nothing special. VdV would add speed and skill in mid and boateng can just be good because he has energy to run around the midfield and recover balls put in a few good passes
MilanMikey is offline  
Old 26-08-2010, 22:42   #3814

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
JUst wondering what is going on with Abate? I was hoping he will break out this season and becomes the next great RB for Italy.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 26-08-2010, 22:44   #3815

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
I want Ibra here. I am all for the transfer as I think he will enormously help us and finally give us what we have been lacking ever since Shevchenko left. (a striker up front that will simply win games for us) Pato can be that too, but he is too young to do it on his own just yet. And playing alongside one of the best strikers in the world can help him a big deal. Ibra is a force and has been a force for years now. Definitely the best Serie A player in his last two years with Inter and just a powerful tool to have at your disposal. So that's why I think that a player like Ibra will bring Pato's game up too and let him shine and grow.

Having said that, I also agree with Brasileiro on the midfield. I have been talking about the midfield for 2 years now. Went on about it last year as well. Our midfield is way to slow (and I don't mean running speed, but ball movement). We take forever to create chances sometimes and we simply struggle in there. Our players lose their legs when we are facing a more dynamic and physical team. And we have simply been lacking a dynamic box-to-box midfielder for a long time now. I don't know enough about Boateng to say that he will drastically improve the situation and take up that position. I didn't like what I saw from him against Barca, although I didn't like what I saw from most of the team (and pretty much the whole midfield). So I won't judge him yet, but I am not so sure that he is that dynamic box-to-box that we have been waiting for years now (ever since Seedorf decided he won't play serious football anymore). I am trully hoping that I am wrong however.

So that brings up another point, and that's Flamini. The rummors of him being included in the Ibra transfer don't make me happy at all. We really NEED this player. We can not base ourselves on Ambro and Rino anymore. These players are not up to it anymore. Ambro can be solid at times, but we can't bet the whole season on him. Flamini may not be a world beater and he may not have done all that much for us in his time here, but at this particular moment he is much more important to us then both Ambro and Rino.(performance wise) So giving Flamini away with no replacement shouldn't even be an option for us. Because then we'll be struggling even more at an already weak area. The only option that may work is selling him to Lyon (who apparently have offered 15mil Euro) and using part of the money and freed up wages(since he does get quite a bit of money....around 4mil right???) to get a replacement....while the other part can go towards Ibrahimovic. Which poses another question....how much will a replacement cost us? Diarra for examble, or Jucilei, or etc...
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!

Last edited by nefremo; 26-08-2010 at 22:54.
nefremo is offline  
Old 26-08-2010, 23:02   #3816

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
Brasiliero brings good points:

- Allegri has proven nothing yet, but to me, it definitely looks that Allegri is better than Leonardo from the way the team is playing...(maybe Brasiliero is biased cause Leonardo was Brazilian )

- KPBoateng isn't a great player, yes I agree with Brasilierio, but he is definitely going to be a useful SQUAD player. Last year as you said, we lost games because our midfield runs out of gas and have no valid substitutes...KPB has better stamina, speed, strength than most players, when he gets tired we can bring on Rino/Ambro.. (maybe Brasiliero is biased against KPB cause we were supposed to get Jucilei instead )
Great post!!!! Be careful, remember when I said Otamendi wasn't good? I wasn't being biased because he's an Argie, remember??

Now I will get some fire... Allegri until now is doing the same thing as Leo at the start. Trying Ronaldinho as AMD, where he manage to play for only 25/30 minutes(I'm being generous) and go to the left after that. Even Odu is doing a Pato of last season covering the right, just for Ronaldinho rest where he likes Until now, is the same scheme of the start of last season, but with better players at the back.

Also, Flamini on the bench, Ambro/Pirlo/Rinno/Seedorf starting(only broked by Boateng debut). Last season I criticized Leo several times, but the bias imo is on the other side. It's in Allegri be a Italian...

I will judge Allegri when Ronaldinho start to bend for the left and make his 4-3-1-2 more unbalanced than it is, now. In that time I will see of what our new coach is made... When Silvio start to moan on the press about Ronaldinho position... and of course, for the place we will finish in Serie A(CL)... Until now, it's all speculation and hopes...

Thats not fair with Boateng... don't compare him with Jucilei Jucilăo is on another level!!!

Quote:
but Brasiliero, who do you think is better for Milan -- Ibra or Robinho? and try not to be biased!!
Lol
The better for Milan is to get rid of Ronaldinho and bring both!

Robinho is playing much better tracking back and doing a "false" AMD job. He was great at Santos doing it and now in Meneze's Brazil NT. Robinho isn't a winger as R. Madrid and City wanted him to turn. He's a second striker an could be a amazing facilitator playing in a free role behind Ibra and Pato. But I can't see Ronaldinho leaving...
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 26-08-2010, 23:20   #3817

Elmago99

Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Great post!!!! Be careful, remember when I said Otamendi wasn't good? I wasn't being biased because he's an Argie, remember??

Now I will get some fire... Allegri until now is doing the same thing as Leo at the start. Trying Ronaldinho as AMD, where he manage to play for only 25/30 minutes(I'm being generous) and go to the left after that. Even Odu is doing a Pato of last season covering the right, just for Ronaldinho rest where he likes Until now, is the same scheme of the start of last season, but with better players at the back.

Also, Flamini on the bench, Ambro/Pirlo/Rinno/Seedorf starting(only broked by Boateng debut). Last season I criticized Leo several times, but the bias imo is on the other side. It's in Allegri be a Italian...

I will judge Allegri when Ronaldinho start to bend for the left and make his 4-3-1-2 more unbalanced than it is, now. In that time I will see of what our new coach is made... When Silvio start to moan on the press about Ronaldinho position... and of course, for the place we will finish in Serie A(CL)... Until now, it's all speculation and hopes...

Thats not fair with Boateng... don't compare him with Jucilei Jucilăo is on another level!!!

Lol
The better for Milan is to get rid of Ronaldinho and bring both!

Robinho is playing much better tracking back and doing a "false" AMD job. He was great at Santos doing it and now in Meneze's Brazil NT. Robinho isn't a winger as R. Madrid and City wanted him to turn. He's a second striker an could be a amazing facilitator playing in a free role behind Ibra and Pato. But I can't see Ronaldinho leaving...
This is what I've been saying all along.... Getting Ibra/Robinho still doesn't solve the main issues with Milan. They are simply:

1. RONALDINHO is only comfortable in a 4-3-3 Barca style system playing on left
2. Our Midfield does not link our defense to offense and is not skillful enough



---------Pirlo--------
--Jucilei------Flamini
-------Robinho----------
----Pato-----Ibrahimovic

is the best money could buy for Milan right now. Any system with Ronaldinho poses serious problems as far as balance and formations...
Elmago99 is offline  
Old 26-08-2010, 23:23   #3818

Elmago99

Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
If we sell Flamini for 15m.. a legitimate box to box midfielder like Jucilei, Lassana Diarra, will cost more...
Elmago99 is offline  
Old 26-08-2010, 23:32   #3819

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
It's something different, of course (even if it's in the same league), but it's better to have some experience instead of nothing at all ? I mean, Allegri comes here by already having an experience in Serie A, he did something great with a small team and "limited" players (Cagliari played well under Allegri, and they even were a "threat" for the big teams, as they were among the good mid-table teams). So he doesn't discover the job, he has nothing to learn, he just have to do his job.
Here I disagree, Geo...

He has a lot to learn. A experience(little) in Serie A is something nobody can take off of Allegri. But what he will face now is totally different of Cagliari. Do you remember of Luigi DelNeri experience after that very good Chievo team he form? Chievo was a very good(much better than Allegri Cagliari) and well coached team formed by him that even fight for the title. But after that, he failed at the next step, in Porto and Roma. Two big teams, but with no near the pressure a coach face at a big like Milan.

Before someone jump at me(already saw people being called idiot here), what I want to say is that Allegri chances are 50/50 and that imo he isn't the sure thing I've been hearing here. We can all hope for the best, but Allegri experience doesn't mean a lot to me... not for to coach team like Milan.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: On a side note, and talking about Leonardo... He leave Brazil yesterday to meet Platini. Michel offered a job on UEFA to him and they will meet to discuss it. Plus, he will work for BBC in Champions League.

And in a sad note, Ganso hurt his knee yesterday in a win against Gremio and will be out for 6 months. Poor boy
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 26-08-2010, 23:46   #3820

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
This is what I've been saying all along.... Getting Ibra/Robinho still doesn't solve the main issues with Milan. They are simply:

1. RONALDINHO is only comfortable in a 4-3-3 Barca style system playing on left
2. Our Midfield does not link our defense to offense and is not skillful enough



---------Pirlo--------
--Jucilei------Flamini
-------Robinho----------
----Pato-----Ibrahimovic

is the best money could buy for Milan right now. Any system with Ronaldinho poses serious problems as far as balance and formations...
As I said in the past, the actual Ronaldinho reminds me of that 3-point specialist(NBA) that can win you a game in the last seconds, but if played as starter, will also hurt your chances to win the same game. Will make your team unbalanced...

Brazil NT become a more balanced team after the day Dunga stopped to call him. Even if the replacement was a normal player like Elano...

I can't deny, with that formation you post, we would be a real threat to everyone... Even in Champions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
If we sell Flamini for 15m.. a legitimate box to box midfielder like Jucilei, Lassana Diarra, will cost more...
Corinthians was asking 7 million for Jucilei one month ago. A team offered, but the player turned down because want to leave only for a top-3 league team.

Last edited by Brasileiro; 26-08-2010 at 23:50.
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 26-08-2010, 23:53   #3821

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post

And in a sad note, Ganso hurt his knee yesterday in a win against Gremio and will be out for 6 months. Poor boy
I JUST saw that. I was looking at highlights from the most recent round of scores in Brazil and saw the highlights of that game. As soon as he pulled up before that penalty, I knew something went wrong. I searched on the web to see any news but couldn't find any and now you are telling us 6 months.

So unlucky for him. I can only say that I am hoping that he'll come back as good as he was. I truly think this player is hands down the best prospect (not sure if he is a prospect anymore as he has been playing and showing signs ofa true great) in Brazil. What a player and what talent. I can only hope for the good of football that nothing (skill wise, talent wise) is taken away from this player with this injury.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!
nefremo is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 00:41   #3822

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
I cant believe some people actually want to sell Flamini for 15m. He's the only midfielder with good legs we got, he is good defensively and can also help us in attack, unlike max and gattuso, who are both over the hill!!! Flamini is the future of our midfield.
__________________
Forza Milan
Filipéz 182 is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 01:10   #3823

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Not so happy with the Flamini rumours. I thought he was going to be an important player for us this season. It means we will make our midfield worse to be able to upgrade the attack. That's not how to strengthen a team, is it? Unless we're replacing Flamini with someone better...
Arildonardo is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 01:13   #3824

payne

Registered User
 
payne's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: VDV, Thiago Silva, Hazard, Rui Costa
payne is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipéz 182 View Post
I cant believe some people actually want to sell Flamini for 15m. He's the only midfielder with good legs we got, he is good defensively and can also help us in attack, unlike max and gattuso, who are both over the hill!!! Flamini is the future of our midfield.
i wont say he is the future of our midfield, but he is definitely the best we have now.(better than unmotivated pirlo).
i think we definately need to keep flamini. i think him and boateng will be crucial this year.

however i am for selling pirlo and or gattuso.
__________________
Galliani here is the plan
  • Sell:Kaladze, Boriello, Janku, Oddo, Gennaro, Gattuso, Seedorf
  • Buy:VDV/Drenthe and Dos Santos
payne is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 01:28   #3825

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by payne View Post
i wont say he is the future of our midfield, but he is definitely the best we have now.(better than unmotivated pirlo).
i think we definately need to keep flamini. i think him and boateng will be crucial this year.

however i am for selling pirlo and or gattuso.
IF Flamini is for sale, Milan has an alternative player in mind.
Sure they are not going to invest over 100 million on Ibra and destroy the midfield.

And latest news I read says that Berlusconi is going to cover most of Ibra's expenses including the wages for this year, a total of 30 million.

Last edited by Maltese Charlie; 27-08-2010 at 01:35.
Maltese Charlie is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:36.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.