AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-08-2010, 09:15   #3886

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka1899 View Post
sooner or later Dzeko's contract will run out and this will force Wolfsburg to open their hand a little more its either sell and make some money or loose him on a free transfer, just a matter of time really
But the guy signed a new contract last year, so this "game" could last for a few more years ...

Actually, Dzeko can stay 3 years in Wolfsburg, then he will be able to come in Milan ... to replace Ibra ?

About Montelongo, I saw on some website that his arrival could mean Abate will leave in the next few days ... Anyway, I don't know how good or bad the player is.
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members

Last edited by GeoTav; 27-08-2010 at 09:21.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 09:22   #3887

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
I must say yes, I think you're wrong. Pato is a very versatile player, and in the past there were many arguments for him to be used leading the line of attack. I was one of the posters who argued most for him to be used there and provided numerous statistics that showed his effectiveness at the top of the attack.

Even now I think he's quite possibly best used there and his game for Brazil recently showed quite how good he could be there (he missed a lot of chances, but also lacked match sharpness).

That isn't to say it's his only option. I've always fancied the idea of giving him a free role in attack (but maybe when he's more developed).
I agree... and remember of the discussion about Pato's role.

We talked about it a lot, but for some reason people didn't want to hear... Pato played his entire(young) life as a CF in Brazil. Since Iternacional youths, Brazil NT(under-17 and 20) and now is(and will) be Brazil CF. Pato is learning to play another offensive role in Milan.
Quote:
Brasileiro, i agree and disagree with you. I agree that I don't think our midfield is particularly brilliant, we have some very good players, but those who are that good are generally on the wrong side of 30. However, I do think we have potential with what we have, if we get players of Ibra or Robinho's quality.

I say this mainly because of the coach. Leonardo didn't have a huge amount to work with (Allegri's got a stronger defence, some reinforcement for midfield, youth players who are prepared to play some part in the first team squad and now looks to be getting a top forward). Because of this, Leo was forced to play a broken team. Essentially this is a team made up of two units, the defensive unit who will generally just defend (with exception to Antonini who pushed up well last season) and the attacking unit who will generally just attack (with guys like Dinho, Seedorf and Pato not dropping deep to defend).

Broken teams work ok when you rely on individuals to win you games as we did with Nesta, Thiago, Pato and Dinho last year. However, against good units, broken teams are easily beaten as they simply get overwhelmed by well organised opponents (Man Utd second leg and Inter are examples from last year, where the lack of defensive support from our attackers showed our weaknesses).


The difference this year is Allegri has clearly drilled our team to play as a compact unit. Whilst we weren't that impressive in the first half against Barca, our defensive shape was very solid and whilst creating nothing, we also gave away nothing. For our midfield, this will be of major benefit as it won't be just 2-3 men who have the responsibility to cover the defence.

I'm not saying we're a great team even if we get Ibra/Robinho. But definitely the way we're going to play this season should benefit our team structure and especially our midfield.
Very good points here... the bold part imo is almost the same vision I have of our team.

I just want to see this team in some real games before I judge Allegri work. Having Bonera at RB is a HUGE upgrade instead of the Milanl Zambrota(or Abate). At least for the defensive side. Sokratis(sp?) also, is showing(until now) that can be a very good backup for Nesta/Silva.

But at the same time, against Barça, several times Jonathan, Thiago, Iniesta were receiving the ball free behind our midfield. The good part was our defense wasn't only solid in the middle like last season, but I still saw the same problems. Ambro give 120% in all games, but a mid with him and Pirlo, can't cope with the pace of the game nowadays. Gattuso?? Diego(alone) torched us against Juve(thanks to get rid of him, Juve. Milan appreciate ) in San Siro...

I don't know, but I can't see we having a chance to win Serie A if a pair of Ambro/Pirlo/Gattuso/Seedorf is playing at the same time... Even with the reinforcement of Rafa Benitez
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefremo View Post
I JUST saw that. I was looking at highlights from the most recent round of scores in Brazil and saw the highlights of that game. As soon as he pulled up before that penalty, I knew something went wrong. I searched on the web to see any news but couldn't find any and now you are telling us 6 months.

So unlucky for him. I can only say that I am hoping that he'll come back as good as he was. I truly think this player is hands down the best prospect (not sure if he is a prospect anymore as he has been playing and showing signs ofa true great) in Brazil. What a player and what talent. I can only hope for the good of football that nothing (skill wise, talent wise) is taken away from this player with this injury.
Yep, Ganso face tells everything. The lad is depressed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK View Post
Barcelona (bunch of mercenaries - i hate how they go about transfers now and think they're better than everyone else!) have agreed a fee for Mascherano so i see no need for them to get Flamini.
Some Liverpool sour grapes here??

Serious... I can't understand why Barça will spend a lot with Mascherano. A great holder, no doubt. But not their style...
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 09:24   #3888

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by payne View Post
Milan rejected an offer for Abate!!!1
WHY? i think he should go, all he does is run.
Yea, but we don't have many players in our team that can just run. And sometimes you need that in a team.

But anyhow, I wouldn't sell him at this point. He is young, from our academy, and can improve. Besides, we need to have a good bench in order to win titles. So while Abate may not be starting material, he can provide some good cover from the bench. On top of that, there is plenty of other bozos in our squad that should go before he does: Janku, Kaladze, Oddo, Onyewu
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!
nefremo is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 09:38   #3889

Sputnik

Registered User
 
Sputnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Location: Rotterdam
Fave Players: Marco Van Basten
Sputnik is on a distinguished road
Oh well, these reports....

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/ibra-an...h-in-san-siro/

So, let's talk about a scenario that lands both Ibra and Robinho in San Siro but we sell Flamini and Huntelaar for about 30mil.

What do you think?
I think it's a steal.
Sputnik is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 09:44   #3890

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Serious... I can't understand why Barça will spend a lot with Mascherano. A great holder, no doubt. But not their style...
I think maybe that's exactly why they are signing him, he's not their style. Both the strength and the "weakness" of Barcelona is their style, when it works it's fantastic and when they're having a bad day (yes, they do occur from time to time) they have no alternative way of playing.
Arildonardo is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 09:54   #3891

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by payne View Post
Milan rejected an offer for Abate!!!1
WHY? i think he should go, all he does is run.
At least someone does...
Arildonardo is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 09:56   #3892

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arildonardo View Post
I think maybe that's exactly why they are signing him, he's not their style. Both the strength and the "weakness" of Barcelona is their style, when it works it's fantastic and when they're having a bad day (yes, they do occur from time to time) they have no alternative way of playing.
Well, he will allow Barcelona to be better when they have to defend, and his role should be quite easy: "take the ball, and give it to one of the guys around you", nothing more I think ...

Barcelona lacks this kind of player, like you said, so who knows ? It could be the reinforcement they waited for a long time.

Anyway, I'm also confident that Mascherano in Barcelona could be a big failure because Guardiola seems to make bad choices regarding new players. The fact is that Guardiola has used the system set by Rijkaard and took profit of Messi becoming the great player he is, but IMO, when he asked for Ibrahimovic (Barcelona hasn't played with big CF since ...) or asks for Mascherano (a pure DM), his plan is probably to change a little bit the style of the team to have a FC Guardiola (like Raiola said ), in other words, he wants to let his print in the club I think. So far, each time he tried to change something or include his ideas in the team, he failed (another example is when he tried to use Messi as a kind of ACM).
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 10:00   #3893

Revolver

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
Revolver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
Oh well, these reports....

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/ibra-an...h-in-san-siro/

So, let's talk about a scenario that lands both Ibra and Robinho in San Siro but we sell Flamini and Huntelaar for about 30mil.

What do you think?
I think it's a steal.
I don't know how we would fit Ibra, Robinho, Ronaldinho and Pato in the same 11. In Serie A it's impossible.

Regarding Flamini, I think it would be bad to sell him, but Allegri perhaps has some other ideas. All I can tell is Allegri wants his wing-forwards to track back to help side-backs and three midfielders to cover center plus side just if needed, unlike Leo where two, rarely three, midfielders, had to cover all ground.
Revolver is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 10:09   #3894

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Keep in mind Ronaldinho is very inconsistent and Pato is out injured 50% of the time.... so we need someone else other than a gamble on Ibra... Robinho sounds great. Plus Ronaldinho's contract will expire next year, we must be prepared to get a player for when he's gone, and who better than Robinho? Chances like these will never come again.

Maltese Charlie, please find out for me what happened to Coates and the Argentinean wonderkid that we are apparently trying to sign tomorrow?
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 10:11   #3895

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
I don't know how we would fit Ibra, Robinho, Ronaldinho and Pato in the same 11. In Serie A it's impossible.

Regarding Flamini, I think it would be bad to sell him, but Allegri perhaps has some other ideas. All I can tell is Allegri wants his wing-forwards to track back to help side-backs and three midfielders to cover center plus side just if needed, unlike Leo where two, rarely three, midfielders, had to cover all ground.
I think it's more possible to do so in Serie A than in CL ...
Anyway, having all these players would allow a good rotation in attack, which would probably help Pato not to get an injury too often.
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 10:32   #3896

Rabia15

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Rabia15 is on a distinguished road
Regarding Flamini, i believe that Milan wont sell or cant sell him, considering our midfield, im hopeful from both Boateng and Flamini add to midfield what we lack. Merkel should get good playing time as well. i wish we could sign a world class midfielder there too. On the other hand, Flamini's wages are too much and 15 m euros from Lyon is a nice offer i must confess, yet like i said, i expect him to stay.

Still our team lacks more, quality right wing back, upgrade over Antonini for instance, im not convinced with him, then vice Pato or Dinho, considering Pato's injury rate last season, off course, with ibra's arrival, CF is set. we dont need anyone for there, as ibra and Borriello are more than enough.

Regarding Dzeko, Where was his mind when he renewed his contract with them last year? Then, we cant complain about him, ibra is 28, ibra can play at highest level at least 3-4 years, proven world class player, was most useful player in Serie A. Wolsburg doesnt want to sell him and asks for 50 m euros.

i hope this year, hope to see a midfield trio, with Flamini, Boateng and Pirlo/Seedorf, Ambro and Gattuso can be reserves. hope to see Merkel get more playing time.

A midfield trio with Seedorf, Amrbo and Pirlo,we dont have much chance vs strong teams. so Merkel, Boateng and Flamini should do their job.
Rabia15 is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 10:48   #3897

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
Merkel? Give me a break, he has potential but you can't expect him to replace Ambro so soon.

Boateng will rotate with Flamini for that second CM, the other one is Ambro. Strasser and Gattuso are the backups. Merkel will probably play with the Primavera, anyway.

I'm liking the idea of having Robinho be Ronaldinho's long term replacement, meaning we won't renew his contract. I think that's a great idea, and if we can get him in January, that would be great.

Man, I can't wait to see Ibra up there with Ronaldinho and Pato...
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI
brk is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 10:53   #3898

Sputnik

Registered User
 
Sputnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Location: Rotterdam
Fave Players: Marco Van Basten
Sputnik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
I don't know how we would fit Ibra, Robinho, Ronaldinho and Pato in the same 11. In Serie A it's impossible.

Regarding Flamini, I think it would be bad to sell him, but Allegri perhaps has some other ideas. All I can tell is Allegri wants his wing-forwards to track back to help side-backs and three midfielders to cover center plus side just if needed, unlike Leo where two, rarely three, midfielders, had to cover all ground.
I know it's difficult and not very wise to fit all of them in the same staring 11 but that would say something for our attacking depth. I mean we have Serie A and CL and some Cup games. With Ibra AND Robinho, an utopic scenario to be sincere, we get incredibly strong on attack.
And dont tell me that anyone who is a Milan fan doesnt get a bit concerned with all these minor Pato injuries.
For a boy his age its not a good sign.

If Flamini stays, that's good. I always liked him. If we manage to sell him for more than 10mil or even 15 as some sources report, then that's better.
Come on, guys. 15 million for Flamini? More than you would get for Dinho at the moment.

Still i see Flamini as a vital part of the first team this season, so if he goes, he has to be replaced. Or else, we are left only with Boateng, a guy who seems promising but we are not sure if he will be really good or not.

Then Berlu and Fester splash the cash and land Mascherano.
Then i wake up.
Sputnik is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 10:56   #3899

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
GeoTav, the last big centre forward Barca used was Kluivert (Gudjonson, doesn't count as he was a sub), I think.

Flamini won't leave. The poor guy left Arsenal for trophies and found Galliani. He has stuck with us, despite not being trusted and has been a consumate professional. He has never complained and has just concentrated on his game. Now that Milan have reinforced the defence and look like reinforcing the attack, why would he leave.

All he has to say is 'NO'. We all know that Allegri can't leave him on the bench all season. Even Jankulovski and Oddo know they will get some games (Kaladze knows we have too many central defenders).

Robinio would be good, but only if Allegri is prepared to bench 1 big star.

Ibra, Pato, Ronaldhinio and Robinio won't work together.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 27-08-2010, 11:13   #3900

#3Forever

Registered User
 
#3Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2010
Location: New Jersey, USA
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Baresi,
#3Forever is on a distinguished road
Just the fact that we are DISCUSSING having too many star forwards makes me happy.
__________________
-Headed away by John Clarke, using his head-
#3Forever is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.