AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 21:44   #61

OCmilano

Registered User
 
OCmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Southern California
Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Not really happy this game. Against Ajax we had waaaay better movement. Im happy we won, Im happy R80 didnt hug the sideline.

Im still not happy with the coaches ideas.
__________________
ROBINHO TIME
OCmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:54   #62

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
I think we learned a lot from this game. Allegri said that the reason why he played Ronnie in the center was because Parma played a 442 and he would have been doubled up on on the left. That's a very telling statement, and it shows that he's flexible when it comes to our tactics.

We actually played a Xmas tree against Parma, with Robinho and Ronaldinho much closer together behind Ibra who had the freedom to roam the front line. This meant that we had 4 bands instead of 3, which meant that we had many more options to move the ball forward. It was a great move by Allegri. I'm guessing once we have Pato back we'll even have the option to play 4312 regularly, along with our wide 433.

What I didn't like was his substitutions at the end. Bringing in Pato was a terrible mistake which we could have been punished for. We should have done the same thing as with Ajax and converted to a 442 at the end, bringing on Boateng and Flamini for Gattuso and Robinho. That way, Seedorf and Boateng will cover the flanks instead of watching Pirlo, Boateng and Seedorf run around like crazy trying to help out our fullbacks. It was suicidal and watching Pato play like DM for most of the time he was one proves it was a mistake. Maybe he was expecting us to hold on to the ball more, but it wasn't working.

Anyway, it was great seeing the Xmas tree again. It works well against the right opposition, and having the flexibility and depth to change our formation is great news.
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:40   #63

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Only 63 posts here. Are MM members losing hope or what?

My bad luck, i missed the game A 1-0 victory, just the type of the game I prefer to watch & I missed it

But great to see AC Milan winning

BTW, any one following EPL must know what great form VdV is showing for Tottenhum. What a player ACM has missed
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "

Last edited by mzk57; 03-10-2010 at 04:43.
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:13   #64

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
An excellent game on the whole and I'd argue our best this season so far. Lecce was a higher scoring affair where we were totally dominant, but the quality of the opposition made it very easy for us. Last night, not only were we dominant, but we played against a pretty decent side (one which is better than it's position in the standings suggest). Progress is being made, and that's vital for us.

We started out with a 4-3-1-2 with two shuttlers either side of Pirlo. Seedorf was predominantly the more attacking of the midfield trio meaning we generally were on the offensive through the left, or middle left, something somewhat reminiscent of Ancelotti's Milan. Dinho played in the hole behind the forward line and found space as Parma focus a lot on attacking the wide areas, leaving just two in the middle who were often occupied with Seedorf and Rino.

Our weakness early on was actually our lack of width as fullbacks were pinned back by Angelo and Marquez, and very hesitant to push up. This forced (although it was part of the gameplan too) Ibra and Robinho into the wings. Had our midfield pushed up to run through the openings, then we would have found more openings earlier on. Either way, we were creating chances, even though it took a Pirlo special to open the scoring.

After the goal I think we had our best period. We completely dominated Parma, pressed high all over and were clearly looking to end the match. Parma were fortunate as we still lack clinical finishing and Mirante was a massive presence. That said, we were excellent during this period until Antonini went off.

Due to Antonini's injury, we lost our balance for a while as we lost our structure. Parma gained momentum and attacked us well in wide areas, really looking to push knowing our struggle both tactically and physically. We held on through this period and in the last 10 minutes or so we regained control, partly through Boateng's presence in the middle and partly as we looked to push our defensive line up again.

Overall, a very positive performance and result. We're still a work in progress, but we are starting to see what Allegri's Milan is about.

Players...

Abbiati - Had actually very little to do. One save from a long distant shot and stopping Crespo late on. Was very alert though
Zambrotta - Defensively sound but offered little going forward.
Nesta - Very solid performance, he offered assurance to the backline
Thiago - Like Nesta a good performance where he covered for Antonini well too
Antonini - Another relatively weak showing. He didn't look solid against Angelo and wasn't always pushing up as desired. He made one excellent run though which almost lead to a goal
Pirlo - A great outing and goal. His goal was superb and he was very good in midfield, always keeping our flow going.
Gattuso - Another dominant performance. He's admitted to having issues with Leo and it shows. He can't keep it up for 90 minutes now, but he's proving very useful
Seedorf - Wasn't exactly in the game throughout, but tactically very good
Robinho - Still lacking sharpness but he's making the right movements in the team.
Dinho - Good game. Doesn't always track back but was a creative force in the middle and actually moved well.
Ibra - Decent game, just a shame he missed so many chances.
Pato - Glad to see him back, even if not 100%
Boateng - An important sub as he offered a greatly solidity in front of the defence. A big performance coming off the bench.
Abate - Solid offering after coming on. Sometimes gave the Parma winger too much space.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:26   #65

SomeDevil

Registered User
 
SomeDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2010
Location: Goa/Bombay
Fave Players: Maldini, baggio,Maradona,Van basten
SomeDevil is on a distinguished road
I really like the way we retained possession for long periods.
if seedorf gattuso etc play for the team like they did
they can be useful this season. though i hate it when dinho doesnt track back
there was this moment when i remember him walking back while the play was all around him as milan were trying to win back posession, which i must say we did pretty well today. Maybe r80 can work in the center ? we will have to see some more games and figure..
SomeDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:34   #66

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Video of Pirlo's match against Parma, which has pretty much every touch he made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kSdC...layer_embedded
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:47   #67

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
Video of Pirlo's match against Parma, which has pretty much every touch he made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kSdC...layer_embedded

Thanks.

It is amazing when one of our stars shine.

And when all of them shine
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:47   #68

M.O.I.

Registered User
 
M.O.I.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Fave Players: nesta,paolo,kaka,sheva(not $heva) and me..
M.O.I. has disabled reputation
yesterday i was happy to see the space between the lines defensively after a lot of time were pretty fine,we are so lucky to have nesta and tiago(for me nesta is a phenomenon, honestly..i dont care about the ajax goal),they play for 4 people..our fbs are so weak its getting rediculous..every opponent knows it and takes advantage of it..

for once more a coach seems to not trust flamini, so for me its clear that he is not trying or he is just not that good..carlo trusted rino and ambro more, leo trusted ambro more and as it seems allegri trusts rino more and we'll see about ambro..

ibra seems finally happy playing for us,he seems motivated and he is really getting into our tacticks(i was kind of worried of the time needed for that)..

if pirlo continues this kind of performances then we're blessed.
imo seedorf is on his worst season,dont get me wrong he helps,but he is clearly not the wc player he used to be,its so sad we dont see him shoot anymore btw..

anyway we are on a good track BUT we have so much work so as to be a top team again,and it seems possible..

ps lets hope for a good fb on jenuary,only that for now..
__________________
AC Milan Prediction League Champion 2008-09
Serie A Prediction League Champion 2008-09


"2+2=5"

Last edited by M.O.I.; 03-10-2010 at 07:49.
M.O.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:25   #69

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.I. View Post
....... (for me nesta is a phenomenon, honestly..i dont care about the ajax goal) ......
King Nesta is the last true super star of the golden generation of ACM-2002-07. Seedorf, Pirlo, Gattuso & Inzaghi are not the shadow of what they were during that period. Nesta is still close to his very best. A few mistakes here & there can be forgiven at any time. After Paolo Maldini's retirement, King Nesta is AC Milan now. I hope he plays for 2 more season. I just feel Nesta has one more UCL to win. Could be this season
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "

Last edited by mzk57; 03-10-2010 at 08:28.
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:27   #70

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzk57 View Post
Only 63 posts here. Are MM members losing hope or what?

My bad luck, i missed the game A 1-0 victory, just the type of the game I prefer to watch & I missed it

But great to see AC Milan winning

BTW, any one following EPL must know what great form VdV is showing for Tottenhum. What a player ACM has missed
I missed it too ...
I knew I wouldn't be at home yesterday, so I planned to record the game few days ago, and I made a mistake in the date, instead of 02/10/2010, I put 02/11/2010, I was very upset when I understood my mistake !!
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:28   #71

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
I miss the game ONCE and we did well... ccc...
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:36   #72

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
............. and I made a mistake in the date, instead of 02/10/2010, I put 02/11/2010, ................
Let me guess. You have seen the movie 'Sweet November' just recently, so therefore you were unintentionally thinking about November
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
I miss the game ONCE and we did well... ccc...
Is it because you knew Pirlo's gonna score, so you skipped the game
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:11   #73

Elmago99

Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Funny that so many of us missed this game.. better to miss Parma than Inter, Juve, Real Madrid, etc...

Thank G0d I have DVR.....had the game recorded....

I thought R80 played better as a trequartista, but agree with many that he's so lazy. If you compare him with Pastore, Hernanes, Xavi, Fabregas, Diego, Sneijder, Ozil.... his workrate is "embarassing".... He reminds me of Totti a little in that position.. getting the ball with back to goal, turning and chipping, barely moving .. not passing and running.. just distributing nicely with beautiful chips...

as for Gattuso, I still wouldn't use him more than once per week, but my g0d he seems to be back, it's amazing and a wonderful surprise...

Last edited by Elmago99; 03-10-2010 at 11:13.
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:16   #74

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Lazio top the table now, their form is great, so the draw against them was not bad.

Inter will lose tonight
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:21   #75

edysupriadi

Registered User
 
edysupriadi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: the most peaceful city , JAMBI - INDONESIA
Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pippo, Cantona, Kaka
edysupriadi is on a distinguished road
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93eQZ_zmL8Q

out of topic guys ! de jong's tackle (1:32) is punishable by a shot in the head..really, that was horrible and no card given !
edysupriadi is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:51.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.