AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-10-2010, 05:14   #481

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Last time I saw him playing, he was a sub in Portuguese league.

I remember how frustrated I became when we bought Grimmi and Real at the same time Marcelo. It wasn't like Marcelo's price was out of this world(just 3.5M), but we chose Grimmi, Viudez and Cardaccio.

At first I did not agree with some members here, but now it's clear they were right... Leonardo was the only one that knows Brazilian market. The one with good eyes. Our adventures in South America(without Leo) shows it...

In the past I said it here with two Brazilians attacking fullbacks we were linked:
- Cicinho would never do it. I was against the purchase from day one. Too soft to be a succefull fullback in Europe. Even as wing back he would fail. All my Brazilians friends(and press) disagree. Still got good laughs asking them about the amazing Cicinho

- Marcelo on the other hand(I watch him since his 16yo) always showed the tools to become one. He just needed coaching(and time to develope), period. People forgot how young he was coming to Europe. Roberto Carlos just come to Europe at 22...

Like you said, amazing how quickly he turned his style, but thats what a proper coaching do. Sad, because I think Tassoti could have helped Marcelo lot at the defensive side...


Imo, Coentrăo could be coached too. But the problem will be the price Benfica will ask. I have no doubt they willl ask a lot of money...
More than that, it seems Leo was the only guy our management trusted about the South American market ...

Braida admitted he saw and wanted some of the Argentinian and Brazilian players who start to be known in more or less big clubs, but also admitted that "things don't always work".

I won't ask to buy 10 new players, fire the coach and kill a player like it could be read here and there on the forum ...
We lost in Real by playing a very bad game against a good team, it happens, no need to change everything now because of one game !!

Like I defended Ancelotti and Leo, I'll keep defending Allegri who has done a good job I think (and if he manages to turn Ronaldinho as an AM, it could be a solution to some of our problems in a near future, I just think it was too early to use Ronaldinho this way against a team like Real). His main problem isn't the subs, I think his main problem is rotation, and I don't know why, as he was the one saying at the start of the season he would use rotation to involve all players and keep fresh legs on the pitch.

So far, it's the only thing that hasn't worked.

Anyway, he should use Sokratis a bit more (by starting this W-E as Thiago will surely not be 100% fit), and use only one of Zambro and Antonini, not both of them, because I think they are at the same level nowadays, and not secured enough in defence against the best players to play together at the same time ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline  
Old 20-10-2010, 09:32   #482

Elmago99

Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
More than that, it seems Leo was the only guy our management trusted about the South American market ...

Braida admitted he saw and wanted some of the Argentinian and Brazilian players who start to be known in more or less big clubs, but also admitted that "things don't always work".

I won't ask to buy 10 new players, fire the coach and kill a player like it could be read here and there on the forum ...
We lost in Real by playing a very bad game against a good team, it happens, no need to change everything now because of one game !!


Like I defended Ancelotti and Leo, I'll keep defending Allegri who has done a good job I think (and if he manages to turn Ronaldinho as an AM, it could be a solution to some of our problems in a near future, I just think it was too early to use Ronaldinho this way against a team like Real). His main problem isn't the subs, I think his main problem is rotation, and I don't know why, as he was the one saying at the start of the season he would use rotation to involve all players and keep fresh legs on the pitch.

So far, it's the only thing that hasn't worked.

Anyway, he should use Sokratis a bit more (by starting this W-E as Thiago will surely not be 100% fit), and use only one of Zambro and Antonini, not both of them, because I think they are at the same level nowadays, and not secured enough in defence against the best players to play together at the same time ...
Yes Perhaps I'm one of them who had knee-jerk reactions after the game after a disappointing display, however I'd never even joke about a player being killed, esp after it's happened before.

However, you say no need to change everything because of one game? I'm sorry, but I've been very consistent in my analysis. I joined the website in June, and I've been saying we need many new players, including a new MF. Boateng was a great pick up, but I've said back then that Seedorf should go. I've seen him have awful (not bad, but AWFUL) performances. Sure, against Lecce he looked good but if this 3 man midfield was getting destroyed last year vs MANU, then they certainly won't be any better this year (1 year old, and 1 year slower).

Now, the fact that Massimiliano Allegri still played this 3 man MF, not to mention he played the exact same team just 3 days ago, shows he's learned NOTHING from previous coaches. Football-Italia was very correct in saying he's "Inexperienced." I hate to again use Mourinho as an example, but he would NOT put his name on that Milan team. He just wouldn't. He would never be seen as the coach of that team. If they can't change (and at their ages, they can't), then they should LEAVE. Ronaldinho, Seedorf especially. Bonera can be kept as a back up back up backup, but I'd prefer him to leave to Tottenham for €5 M, which is a great Sell for us.

We need a new MF and at least 1 FB. Perhaps a new coach, too. One who gets it, and would be embarrassed to field that team yesterday. End of story.

Last edited by Elmago99; 20-10-2010 at 09:41.
Elmago99 is offline  
Old 20-10-2010, 13:51   #483

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
Yes Perhaps I'm one of them who had knee-jerk reactions after the game after a disappointing display, however I'd never even joke about a player being killed, esp after it's happened before.

However, you say no need to change everything because of one game? I'm sorry, but I've been very consistent in my analysis. I joined the website in June, and I've been saying we need many new players, including a new MF. Boateng was a great pick up, but I've said back then that Seedorf should go. I've seen him have awful (not bad, but AWFUL) performances. Sure, against Lecce he looked good but if this 3 man midfield was getting destroyed last year vs MANU, then they certainly won't be any better this year (1 year old, and 1 year slower).

Now, the fact that Massimiliano Allegri still played this 3 man MF, not to mention he played the exact same team just 3 days ago, shows he's learned NOTHING from previous coaches. Football-Italia was very correct in saying he's "Inexperienced." I hate to again use Mourinho as an example, but he would NOT put his name on that Milan team. He just wouldn't. He would never be seen as the coach of that team. If they can't change (and at their ages, they can't), then they should LEAVE. Ronaldinho, Seedorf especially. Bonera can be kept as a back up back up backup, but I'd prefer him to leave to Tottenham for €5 M, which is a great Sell for us.

We need a new MF and at least 1 FB. Perhaps a new coach, too. One who gets it, and would be embarrassed to field that team yesterday. End of story.
I agree with the fact we need a new FB (or two new FB) and a good all round midfielder, and in the best case, an AM too, but it's something we know since the last summer, and we also knew we wouldn't buy all we need in one single summer.

But I disagree with the people who wake up because of this game (I don't include you), damn, we're going to win the next game against Real and everything will be fine again. I think we can do this year with the squad we have, we will probably not win CL, but only Serie A (well, I'm ok with that ). Maybe the midfielder coming this winter could help us a lot. But the main changes will have to come next year.

I also disagree with the people who have bashed Allegri since the start (but each new coach seems to have his haters).

You can bash some decisions of a coach, like you can bash a bad game from a player, but does that mean the guy has to be fired ? No way, if the coaches didn't do any mistake, we would know the results before the games being even played.
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline  
Old 20-10-2010, 14:01   #484

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Inter 3-0 Tottenham after 14 minutes...
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline  
Old 20-10-2010, 15:38   #485

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
It was 4-0 Inter then Bale scored a hattrick

Bale to Milan for sure now
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline  
Old 20-10-2010, 15:42   #486

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
It was 4-0 Inter then Bale scored a hattrick

Bale to Milan for sure now
Wouldn't mind. Bale's been fantastic this season, but he wouldn't come cheap...
Arildonardo is offline  
Old 20-10-2010, 17:05   #487

fLame

Registered User
 
fLame's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Milan
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
It was 4-0 Inter then Bale scored a hattrick

Bale to Milan for sure now
Exactly my thought!

Galli please take notes!
__________________
always rosso. always nero. always a rossonero.
fLame is offline  
Old 20-10-2010, 17:32   #488

Rossoneri Fuego

Registered User
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: San Francisco California USA
Fave Players: Nesta R80 Beckham Rino
Rossoneri Fuego is on a distinguished road
it was obvious aganst real our midfield was a joke , we had no pressure and can only play posession football , when we're down we have alott of problems coming back , what milan should do , is to sell , pato 65 - 70 million , ronaldinho 10 million resign pirlo , buy kevin prince boateng's contract , and promote abate , flamini to midfield , sooner or later albertazzi , darmian , sokratis wheres he been ? have to play ? , if we want a quick fix we can try to sign steven gerrard , liverpool is so bad , i never thought id see them fall from grace at this level , if we can add 3 - 4 major players we can beat anybody , promote andrea de vito , what about merkel , strasser ? , we seriously should look at wayne rooney he can force out of his contract , and we have won 10x more than man united , inter , man city can pato really take us to the next level ? ( for example the nou camp and get us a goal out of nowhere ? ) , sorry everybody where pato is at messi's age was ahead 2 - 3 x already , nesta , seedorf , jaku , ambro , even rino should go .... so this is my dream team

---------- Amelia ----------------

De vito --- Silva -- Albertazzi / Darmian / Sokratis / ? --- Antonini / Abate / Zambro/ ?


--------------- Pirlo --------------------------



--------- Gerrard / Kaka ' ? ------------ merkel / boateng / flamini / strasser ?



rooney ----------------------------------- robinho


----------------- Ibra -----------


we would be 10x better
Rossoneri Fuego is offline  
Old 20-10-2010, 19:33   #489

Elmago99

Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
I agree with the fact we need a new FB (or two new FB) and a good all round midfielder, and in the best case, an AM too, but it's something we know since the last summer, and we also knew we wouldn't buy all we need in one single summer.

But I disagree with the people who wake up because of this game (I don't include you), damn, we're going to win the next game against Real and everything will be fine again. I think we can do this year with the squad we have, we will probably not win CL, but only Serie A (well, I'm ok with that ). Maybe the midfielder coming this winter could help us a lot. But the main changes will have to come next year.

I also disagree with the people who have bashed Allegri since the start (but each new coach seems to have his haters).

You can bash some decisions of a coach, like you can bash a bad game from a player, but does that mean the guy has to be fired ? No way, if the coaches didn't do any mistake, we would know the results before the games being even played.
Yes, It's true that 1 game is not a reason to flip out, but IMO it's been years of decline for guys like Seedorf, Pirlo, Gattuso in particular. I also agree you cannot buy a whole team in 1 mercato, but some recognition that the squad is far from complete (although I think they may be good enough to win Serie A)... However, I think Ibrahimovic came here to win CL, I don't think he'll happy to play 2 seasons and do bad in CL. He will leave I promise.

Now, for Allegri, I have the feeling he may be told who to play, and we may have issues that we've had with previous coaches (this old slow mf). Only problem is that now he has options to choose other players, and he doesnt. Leo didn't have those extra choices ( which is why I feel so bad for him). I'm willing to give Allegri til January to prove himself, but I have to be honest and say I do not like what I see so far. As I said before, I would not put my reputation on the line with that MF we fielded yesterday, and neither would Mourinho. There's no room for Sentimental picks. Winning is all that's important.

I would like to see Allegri use Robinho instead of Ronaldinho, and Boateng as a starter. I'd also like to see a rotation system between Seedorf with Pirlo, Gattuso with Ambro (or Flamini), and Zambrotta with Abate. I just don't trust Bonera, I think he's very poor. Antonini as a LB is not a long term plan IMO.

We need a CB to replace the aging Nesta (more noticeable this year, although I still love him), and 1 or 2 FB (Coentrao, De Silvestri, Bale, VdW) and for sure 3 MF (1 ACM to replace Ronaldinho who is unfortunately PAST his prime)......

Last edited by Elmago99; 20-10-2010 at 19:35.
Elmago99 is offline  
Old 21-10-2010, 05:01   #490

dejo

Registered User
 
dejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Pula,Croatia
Fave Players: Savicevic,Weah,Shevchenko,Kaka,Pato,Abbiati
dejo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossoneri Fuego View Post
it was obvious aganst real our midfield was a joke , we had no pressure and can only play posession football , when we're down we have alott of problems coming back , what milan should do , is to sell , pato 65 - 70 million , ronaldinho 10 million resign pirlo , buy kevin prince boateng's contract , and promote abate , flamini to midfield , sooner or later albertazzi , darmian , sokratis wheres he been ? have to play ? , if we want a quick fix we can try to sign steven gerrard , liverpool is so bad , i never thought id see them fall from grace at this level , if we can add 3 - 4 major players we can beat anybody , promote andrea de vito , what about merkel , strasser ? , we seriously should look at wayne rooney he can force out of his contract , and we have won 10x more than man united , inter , man city can pato really take us to the next level ? ( for example the nou camp and get us a goal out of nowhere ? ) , sorry everybody where pato is at messi's age was ahead 2 - 3 x already , nesta , seedorf , jaku , ambro , even rino should go .... so this is my dream team

---------- Amelia ----------------

De vito --- Silva -- Albertazzi / Darmian / Sokratis / ? --- Antonini / Abate / Zambro/ ?


--------------- Pirlo --------------------------



--------- Gerrard / Kaka ' ? ------------ merkel / boateng / flamini / strasser ?



rooney ----------------------------------- robinho


----------------- Ibra -----------


we would be 10x better
no we wouldn't...
__________________
dejo is offline  
Old 21-10-2010, 05:10   #491

zakakhan

Registered User
 
zakakhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2007
Fave Players: Kaka,Messi,Pirlo,Ballack,Pato,Tavez
zakakhan is on a distinguished road
bale stunning performance last night proved our failure to spot the emerging player... we missed the opportunity to sign him 2 season ago...
__________________
Love Milan...Hate Berlu
zakakhan is offline  
Old 21-10-2010, 07:08   #492

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakakhan View Post
bale stunning performance last night proved our failure to spot the emerging player... we missed the opportunity to sign him 2 season ago...
Actually Leonardo two years ago spotted this guy and recommended him as a great prospect , we missed the opportunity to sign the guy due to "book balancing"
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline  
Old 21-10-2010, 07:47   #493

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastriot View Post
Actually Leonardo two years ago spotted this guy and recommended him as a great prospect , we missed the opportunity to sign the guy due to "book balancing"


After being out due to a nasty injury Bale only began to play routinely on the latter part of 2009-2010 season and took off to another level this season so it's quite understandable that we didn't really pay attention to Leo's suggestion.

What puzzles me is another player that we've been following for years and also recommended by Leo: Hernanes. You know, I have a little suspicion that we didn't try harder to buy him because of the relationship between Leo and Berlu especially since a midfielder like him is one of our priorities and his price significantly drop compared to the next to last season. Shame that we missed on him. Lazio, a mid table team, don't change their roster much this year and look at how much his inclusion improves their performance.

That being said, I don't mean to be ungrateful. I still thank B&G for bringing in Ibra and Binho. Hopefully this new found love in Berlu's part isn't going to fade away soon.
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--

Last edited by Nalx; 21-10-2010 at 07:50.
Nalx is offline  
Old 21-10-2010, 13:03   #494

Bosniaco

Registered User
 
Bosniaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
Afellay for 5 mil? I would take that right away, his contract experies in June !!
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR<
Bosniaco is offline  
Old 21-10-2010, 14:12   #495

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Italy vs Germany battle for fourth CL spot for this week:

Italy:
Inter win,
Sampdoria, Milan, Roma lose
Napoli draw

Salzburg x Juve and Palermo x CSKA Moskow remaining.


Germany:
Bayern, Schalke, Stuttgart win
Dortmund and Bremen draw

Aris Saloniki x Leverkusen remaining.




Total points for 2010/2011 season:

Italy
Inter - 9 points
Milan 7 points
Roma 6 points
Juve 6
Napoli 5
Samp 4
Palermo 3

Average: 5.571 (a bit over that, plus if Juve and Palermo win that's 4 more points divided by 7, so that increases the average to a total of 6)


Germany
Bayern 10
Stuttgart 9
Schalke 8 (more than Milan...)
Bremen 7
Leverkusen 5
Dortmund 5


Their average is about 7.5.

Excluding todays game:
Italy total for past 5 years: 54.552
Germany total for past 5 years: 60.603

Italy needs 6 more points more than Germany to keep the fourth spot. So we'll need Milan inter and roma in CL semis..and juve-palermo-napoli-samp reaching the EL semis.........

Italy's screwed
hitmannq8 is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.