AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-10-2010, 12:21   #46

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
Elmago, I bet you want to impeach Obama too...

You need to give people more time to prove themselves. It's only October, and we're tied with Inter and still have a great chance of qualifying. Stop being so annoyingly childish.
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 13:08   #47

Elmago99

Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
Elmago, I bet you want to impeach Obama too...

You need to give people more time to prove themselves. It's only October, and we're tied with Inter and still have a great chance of qualifying. Stop being so annoyingly childish.
First of all, I don't want to impeach Obama. I could care less about politics, everyone knows Obama doesn't decide anything anyways.

However, Yes we're tied with Inter, behind Lazio but look at OUR squad. Then, look at the Squad of Roma, Juventus, Sampdoria, Napoli, etc. Ibra, Robinho, Ronaldinho, Pato, Pirlo, Nesta, T. Silva, .... I mean our players are FAR superior to the other teams in Serie A.

If we don't win the Scudetto this year, it's Allegri's fault, plain and simple. We have a deep squad, if rotated PROPERLY. Inter has shown to have a slight let-down from last year's Treble. I do not think their squad was re-freshed, and their coach IMO is Horrible.

Having said that, we need to give a real discussion on whether and for how much longer we're going to keep and play routinely Gattuso, Seedorf, and Pirlo. I don't want to but they're just too slow, and sloppy.
I will continue being CONSISTENT in my thought process, which is to see this:

--------------Ibrahimovic----Pato------------------
------------------------Ganso (or Honda)---------
--------------Flamini----Jucilei----Boateng--------
Coentrao---------T. Silva---Nesta------------Abate/Zambrotta/Antonini
---------------------Abbiati/Amelia------------------


Subs: Pirlo, Lazzari, Robinho, Sokratis, Gattuso


Then we can win against the BIG teams like Chelsea, RM, Barca, Bayern, etc.
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 15:49   #48

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
So what would Leonardo, Rijkaard, whoever, have done differently?

Will they be able to bench Ronaldinho?
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 16:07   #49

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
So what would Leonardo, Rijkaard, whoever, have done differently?

Will they be able to bench Ronaldinho?
My guts say that Leo would have done a better job with this "new" squad. I honestly believe that he achieved a maximum with the squad given. And this season shows that, right!!?? But that is smth we will never know.

I think we need to improve, but we are in the right track. What bothers me about this Milan is that since Carlo has left we have lost that big game mentality or we can not say that this team has the CL in their DNA anymore.

Lets not forget we are not Inter, we are a team with class act fans, and the right thing to do is now give time to our new coach and fairly new team, we are not that bad after all.
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 16:28   #50

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Actually, Milan lost their DNA (Champion League DNA) still in Ancelotti era, which was in 2007/08 when we lost to Arsenal. Our players' performance since that time were dropping because of ageing. With ageing players we can't compete with the best teams from Europe.

We need to refresh the team. Allegri still has players to rejuvenate the team but he has to utilize younger and high motivated players, not always use the same old and lazy ones.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 21:22   #51

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Sacking Allegri is an awful idea RIGHT NOW. It would totally destabilize the squad (unless we get an immediate fix-it man like Hiddink/Capello or Mourinho himself), and disintegrate any sliver of hope for silverware.

That said I don't like him at all and think he's a total n00b. I've been waiting for a loooooong time for him to prove me wrong but to no avail. Leo was so much more clever and at the very least was fun to watch. The above though must be tempered by the fact that Allegri is learning from his mistakes and has thus far:
learned who NOT to play
learned that playing Ron as a trequartista can be beneficial

however these baby steps lean that his learning curve isn't as FAST as a club of Milan's stature requires.

He was out thought in every imagineable way by Mourinho and unlike Leonardo had the personnel to at least put up a decent fight. It was nauseating to see a team that boasted the likes of Ron, Rob, Pato and iHomo put in such an impotent showing..beaten by a defense that doesn't really inspire much confidence. Defensively very few could beat Mourinho so that's a given but the attack got 0 support from midfield. It staggers my imagination how Prince didn't make this starting lineup and how the ineffective and damaging Seedorf wasn't axed before the half.

Allegri you're a n00b and nothing would make me happier if you devoted your life to proving me wrong. Forza Milan!! Forza Ronaldo!!
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 01:30   #52

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
Did we all forget that Leo lost the derby 4:0? We lost at home to Zurich. It's still October and we're doing MUCH better than last year. People have short memories. Give the guy a break.
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 02:46   #53

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I think there's an overestimation of our squad. We have brought a couple of star names which has lifted the quality of the side and makes us a contender, but let's not fool ourselves into believing we are a complete squad yet. We still don't have the quality in depth or completeness of Inter.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 08:23   #54

Elmago99

Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
I think there's an overestimation of our squad. We have brought a couple of star names which has lifted the quality of the side and makes us a contender, but let's not fool ourselves into believing we are a complete squad yet. We still don't have the quality in depth or completeness of Inter.
Exactly. This is what I've been saying. However, playing the exact Midfield as LAST YEAR is not a step in the right direction...
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 11:24   #55

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
I think it's still a bad idea to sack but he is making the same mistakes that date back to before he was with us. I read hints here on MM and other forums too...something like Seedorf's recent good form justified Allegri's selecting him for the Real game. Poor coaching if that's the case for at least 2 reasons. If recent good form/bad form is the issue then there are players that had to be dropped for the Real game. Secondly and more importantly managing the rotation for 11 games in 6 weeks.

Three in mid averaging 32 years old against this Real is poor coaching, I can't believe anybody disagrees.
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 12:09   #56

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
Exactly. This is what I've been saying. However, playing the exact Midfield as LAST YEAR is not a step in the right direction...
The only addition to the midfield for this year was Boateng, and whilst he's been good for us, I've also thought he unbalances the team at times. Allegri otherwise doesn't have a great deal to choose from than what was available last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
I think it's still a bad idea to sack but he is making the same mistakes that date back to before he was with us. I read hints here on MM and other forums too...something like Seedorf's recent good form justified Allegri's selecting him for the Real game. Poor coaching if that's the case for at least 2 reasons. If recent good form/bad form is the issue then there are players that had to be dropped for the Real game. Secondly and more importantly managing the rotation for 11 games in 6 weeks.

Three in mid averaging 32 years old against this Real is poor coaching, I can't believe anybody disagrees.
I'm not sure I understand the mistakes he made before coaching us? Could you clarify please Reza?

I'm not sure playing an average age of 32 is the biggest problem, the lack of cohesion within the side was a bigger problem. Had we worked as a single unit then we could have made up for our physical weaknesses (though even then Real were a better side and we could have lost).

I'm not saying that 32 is an acceptable average age, but the question remains who is actually able to replace these ageing players. Flamini seems obvious to us yet has been overlooked by 3 coaches now, which for me is a cause for concern especially as Allegri picked him out before joining us. Something doesn't add up with him.

Boateng has impressed and if I have any major problem with Allegri right now it's not picking him to start. However, I've tried to understand and justify why Allegri may choose Seedorf over him in my prematch posts before the Real match.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 13:55   #57

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Reza means the same mistakes as Leo and Carlo before Allegri of selecting pirlo-rino-seedorf midfields. I'd like to see Flamini and Boateng start the next game, would also be nice to see Merkel playing. I dont want Seedorf any more. Enough is enough.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 14:41   #58

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
I'm not sure I understand the mistakes he made before coaching us? Could you clarify please Reza?

I'm not sure playing an average age of 32 is the biggest problem, the lack of cohesion within the side was a bigger problem. Had we worked as a single unit then we could have made up for our physical weaknesses (though even then Real were a better side and we could have lost).

I'm not saying that 32 is an acceptable average age, but the question remains who is actually able to replace these ageing players. Flamini seems obvious to us yet has been overlooked by 3 coaches now, which for me is a cause for concern especially as Allegri picked him out before joining us. Something doesn't add up with him.

Boateng has impressed and if I have any major problem with Allegri right now it's not picking him to start. However, I've tried to understand and justify why Allegri may choose Seedorf over him in my prematch posts before the Real match.
As hitmann says previous evidence of 3 in midfield is bad, them being older is only one aspect of it. Even with the likes of Boateng 3 in mid is questionable in my opinion. Against the quality of Real - and similar teams - especially.

What is preventing them from playing as unit? it's either them or the coach, it can't be anything else, can there? I am not basing this sentence on one Real game but in general and at some point one must figure out which is the problem and in this case there is as much chance that it is players than not, surely?

Flamini and others, there is always some mystery players that for unknown reasons don't get games. I have never understood that since there is no evidence that there is attitude problem with Flamini or some of the other players in similar situations that I can think of.
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 18:15   #59

jovola

Registered User
 
jovola's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Belgrade,Serbia
Fave Players: Pippo
jovola is on a distinguished road
The Building Season

It is very hard to choose for Allegri, if he had this team at the start of the summer, I would question his decidions but now he has to make results and we have to admit that he is doing it in Serie A, he takes the old three for simple reason, these players know each other very well, the others are probably being prepared at the moment to take over in a month or two.

Let's be patient with the man, we have nothing to lose here, our first goal this year is Serie A and there is good chance we win it, as for Ch League, we will have to wait at least a year when we should patch all positions.

Remember that our team was always a slow starter, remember how crappy we were last fall, i watched those games and I watch now and there is big difference so stop moaning and stand by your team.
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."George Best"
jovola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2010, 02:56   #60

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
As hitmann says previous evidence of 3 in midfield is bad, them being older is only one aspect of it. Even with the likes of Boateng 3 in mid is questionable in my opinion. Against the quality of Real - and similar teams - especially.

What is preventing them from playing as unit? it's either them or the coach, it can't be anything else, can there? I am not basing this sentence on one Real game but in general and at some point one must figure out which is the problem and in this case there is as much chance that it is players than not, surely?

Flamini and others, there is always some mystery players that for unknown reasons don't get games. I have never understood that since there is no evidence that there is attitude problem with Flamini or some of the other players in similar situations that I can think of.
Fair point about the midfield 3, although I think the problems are deeper than the midfield 3 when I talk about the team playing as a unit.

I honestly believe the players we have prevent the team playing as a good unit (unless they change attitude). A unit requires players who willl sacrifice themselves for the system, which not a huge number of our players do. Seedorf, Dinho, Ibra (he's sacrifices himself sometimes) and Pato are great individual talents but not one of them is known as a great team player. We're talking about near half the team there. Compare this to Sacchi's Milan where the only so called individual was Van Basten, who even then would play for the team.

We can't say for certain about Flamini, all we know is he's being overlooked by a third coach now.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.