AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-10-2010, 16:42   #526

Elmago99

Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
I'm sure Ganso and Neymar will be great players, but with Ibra, Pato, & Robinho, I can guarantee you we will not buy Neymar.

As for Ganso, he'd only come if we manage to get Ronaldinho sold for 7-10M, considering he has an expensive contract, then buy Ganso for a descent price.

I promise new players will not be bough UNTIL other players leave (Seedorf, Nesta, Ronaldinho, Bonera, Jankulovski, Inzaghi, Oddo, *(All Possible departures next year)*
Elmago99 is offline  
Old 24-10-2010, 07:12   #527

zakakhan

Registered User
 
zakakhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2007
Fave Players: Kaka,Messi,Pirlo,Ballack,Pato,Tavez
zakakhan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
Italy vs Germany battle for fourth CL spot for this week:

Italy:
Inter win,
Sampdoria, Milan, Roma lose
Napoli draw

Salzburg x Juve and Palermo x CSKA Moskow remaining.


Germany:
Bayern, Schalke, Stuttgart win
Dortmund and Bremen draw

Aris Saloniki x Leverkusen remaining.




Total points for 2010/2011 season:

Italy
Inter - 9 points
Milan 7 points
Roma 6 points
Juve 6
Napoli 5
Samp 4
Palermo 3

Average: 5.571 (a bit over that, plus if Juve and Palermo win that's 4 more points divided by 7, so that increases the average to a total of 6)


Germany
Bayern 10
Stuttgart 9
Schalke 8 (more than Milan...)
Bremen 7
Leverkusen 5
Dortmund 5


Their average is about 7.5.

Excluding todays game:
Italy total for past 5 years: 54.552
Germany total for past 5 years: 60.603

Italy needs 6 more points more than Germany to keep the fourth spot. So we'll need Milan inter and roma in CL semis..and juve-palermo-napoli-samp reaching the EL semis.........

Italy's screwed
Luck did last time but not this time.....Italy gonna lost the spot
__________________
Love Milan...Hate Berlu
zakakhan is offline  
Old 25-10-2010, 00:39   #528

MilanMikey

Registered User
 
MilanMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2010
Location: Toronto
Fave Players: Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Pirlo
MilanMikey is on a distinguished road
who cares as long as we make it... wow but its sad to see italy falling so terribly in so many aspects.. the one thing ithought they would ALWays have to be proud about is soccer.. we get eliminated in the group stages at the wc, now were losing r spot to germany in club soccer, something i never thought id see happen.. one of the top teams in the world before (juve) can't even make it by the group stage in eufa cup.. inter could make italy proud for winning the treble last year, but i stil hate them and we did our part too, iuno i just remember italian league being alot more fun to watch, it changed imo, style of play too. carlettos christmas tree formation wil never be forgoten those years were amazing
MilanMikey is offline  
Old 26-10-2010, 02:51   #529

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Some say the Serie A is the most competitive league....but I think the truth is that the quality of the big teams just dropped. I mean look at Samp, Palermo, Juve, they are not taking Europa Cup by storm. Yes, they might think they are better than that competitions but why can't they take it seriously while other teams from top leagues can? Then there are Milan, Inter and Roma. Quite honestly, only Inter stand a good chance in advancing to the semi, while I see a lot of luck is needed for Roma due to their lack of quality and Milan should make it to the quarter.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think those German teams are better than the IT teams but they honor the competition, while Italian teams don't. Added to the fact that the top IT teams are not as good as the other top teams in Europe. That's why Serie A is losing a spot to Germany and I think it will take a few years before gaining it back.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 26-10-2010, 03:09   #530

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Some say the Serie A is the most competitive league....but I think the truth is that the quality of the big teams just dropped. I mean look at Samp, Palermo, Juve, they are not taking Europa Cup by storm. Yes, they might think they are better than that competitions but why can't they take it seriously while other teams from top leagues can? Then there are Milan, Inter and Roma. Quite honestly, only Inter stand a good chance in advancing to the semi, while I see a lot of luck is needed for Roma due to their lack of quality and Milan should make it to the quarter.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think those German teams are better than the IT teams but they honor the competition, while Italian teams don't. Added to the fact that the top IT teams are not as good as the other top teams in Europe. That's why Serie A is losing a spot to Germany and I think it will take a few years before gaining it back.

You're right.

IMO, only Milan treat CL seriously. Serie A is always topmost priority of Juve and the loser Inter. Inter won a lot easy Scudetti and was envy about Milan's Europe Trophy, so they focused on CL, but that is not their mentality.

None Italian teams like Europa League.

So there would be no problem if Italy lose one CL spot. I don't think Milan can't be at the Serie A top 3.
Aficio is offline  
Old 26-10-2010, 03:56   #531

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Some say the Serie A is the most competitive league....but I think the truth is that the quality of the big teams just dropped. I mean look at Samp, Palermo, Juve, they are not taking Europa Cup by storm. Yes, they might think they are better than that competitions but why can't they take it seriously while other teams from top leagues can? Then there are Milan, Inter and Roma. Quite honestly, only Inter stand a good chance in advancing to the semi, while I see a lot of luck is needed for Roma due to their lack of quality and Milan should make it to the quarter.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think those German teams are better than the IT teams but they honor the competition, while Italian teams don't. Added to the fact that the top IT teams are not as good as the other top teams in Europe. That's why Serie A is losing a spot to Germany and I think it will take a few years before gaining it back.
I didn't check the table but if I'm not wrong, if I remember well, we should lose our 4th spot for the 2012-2013 season, but regarding the points, Italy could gain it again 2 years after because Germany will "lose" good years whereas Italy will "lose" the worst ones ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline  
Old 26-10-2010, 04:07   #532

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
The point I am trying to make is that unless the CL teams all make it or the quarter and one of them make it to the finals, it will be hard for IT teams to keep the 4th spot since the Europa teams could careless about what they do there.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 26-10-2010, 04:16   #533

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Like has been said, if other team careless why should we care about number of spot? What we care is how we achieve the position for CL (if ofcourse Scudetto is not a possible target ).

3 or 4 it is not a big deal for Milan. We had accustomed in the past with only 2 clubs for CL for years.

I don't really care about this 3 or 4. If Milan get 4th position it means they are bad. I never pay much attention about the points Italy have or so.
Siregar is offline  
Old 26-10-2010, 04:41   #534

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
Like has been said, if other team careless why should we care about number of spot? What we care is how we achieve the position for CL (if ofcourse Scudetto is not a possible target ).

3 or 4 it is not a big deal for Milan. We had accustomed in the past with only 2 clubs for CL for years.

I don't really care about this 3 or 4. If Milan get 4th position it means they are bad. I never pay much attention about the points Italy have or so.

Absolutely agree.
Aficio is offline  
Old 26-10-2010, 05:02   #535

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Well, my point wasn't about caring about the points or not, it was just to say that Germany and Italy are going to share the 4 spots position for the next few years. Then, is one of these countries going to establish itself at this position again, I don't know, I don't care too as long as Milan manages to qualify all the time in CL.
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline  
Old 26-10-2010, 17:33   #536

Elmago99

Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Yes, this is not something I care too much about and I'm curious as to why so many people talk about it. Like Siregar said, if Milan is 4th, they don't deserve to be in Champions League. I mean, after all it's called " CHAMPIONS LEAGUE"... Personally, 2-3 teams MAX per League sounds about right to me. Perhaps this would strengthen the teams of other countries and make teams like Basle, Galatassary, Fenerbache, Olympiakos, Ajax, better...

Now as for Milan's Transfer situation, which is what this Thread is about,,,

We NEEEED to address the Full back situation first and foremost. I think Robinho can do ok at Trequartista, and our midfield can be rotated, with Boateng and Flamini playing a lot lot lot more... although I would like to see Jucilei, Lazzari, or Ganso coming in next 2-3 mercato's.....

This aside, the priority is NOW Fullback. We have the strikers, we have a descent amount of Midfielders (Although old, Seedorf will prob be gone next year) and we obviously have 2 World Class Goalkeepers. However, we need Fullbacks. Younger, fullbacks who are fast, and can learn positioning skills from guys like Nesta, Tassotti.... Left back is Priority because we do NOT have a lefty in the squad...

Everyone says how Antonini is good with both feet,, but I've never seen a descent cross with his right, let alone his left....I do think there may be a place for him as he works hard for the team, but we don't have any explosive Fullbacks who can cross to Ibra and Pato....and I'm not going to count on Oddo to have his period again

Last edited by Elmago99; 26-10-2010 at 17:38.
Elmago99 is offline  
Old 27-10-2010, 05:48   #537

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Its is absolutely true! No.1 priority needs to be a fullback and then a quality 3rd CB. If Milan has some money to invest into players like Cissokho or Coentrao, then our game would be lifted by a huge margine... BEcouse this backline we have is a lottery...

If there is some money, I'd go for 2 players: fb and a quality CB.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 27-10-2010, 05:53   #538

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Neymar is a better player then PAto... my oppinion... sorry to say that.

Apologies for the double post...
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 27-10-2010, 06:29   #539

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
I read Dario Srna is out of contract in the summer. he's 28yo and IMO a great fullback. wouldnt he be perfect for us?
__________________
Forza Milan
Filipéz 182 is offline  
Old 27-10-2010, 09:19   #540

Elmago99

Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipéz 182 View Post
I read Dario Srna is out of contract in the summer. he's 28yo and IMO a great fullback. wouldnt he be perfect for us?
He's not WC, but good. I wouldn't be surprised if we got him, esp since he's Free.

He scored a nice goal in Champions league this year if I remember.
Elmago99 is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:43.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.