AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 18:22   #151

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossoneri Fuego View Post
no i don't i speak read write and translate portugues , not very good but i can , i just don't fall into the hype anymore , times have changed , if pato is going to become our new messi or the messi of the future he needs to do it now , hes 21 will he peak at 24 ? , will he get injured ? , here we go again ...
Even if he's no Messi, he's still a great footballer. No player in the world is like Messi so it's a bit unfair to compare.

The guy is still only 21 and he's scored 45 goals in 98 matches for our club. 4 goals in 11 internationals for Brazil. Although he has his ups and downs, he's not the first player I would criticise in our squad...
Arildonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 18:27   #152

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossoneri Fuego View Post
no i don't i speak read write and translate portugues , not very good but i can , i just don't fall into the hype anymore , times have changed , if pato is going to become our new messi or the messi of the future he needs to do it now , hes 21 will he peak at 24 ? , will he get injured ? , here we go again ...
Pato is not a hype. He is real talent and still improving but he has faced so many problems with this team (the team have been giving him problems since he came here). You can't compare with Messi where he has always high quality players supporting and surrounding him. I am not fully satisfied with Pato performance until now since there are still a lot of improvement he can do but seeing his place in Milan nowadays I am satisfied. He struggled in the last 3-4 games but so were Milan.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 18:55   #153

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
Abate below average? don't really agree with that
I agree, I think he had a good game playing directly against Cristiano Ronaldo. His speed alone means he's much harder to get past than Zambrotta, even though he isn't as tactically savy. It was crucial for us to have a fast full back against players like that imo, because our full backs are so often isolated against a winger.

Ironically though it was Zambrotta that didn't notice Leon for the second goal, despite his experience. Shows that expierenced players are likely to make mistakes as well.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 18:55   #154

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
I think that Allegri is tactically poor, and his choice of plaers is also suspect.

I'm watching the game now, and we were TOTALLY outplayed.

It was a rare occasion when we strung a successive string of passes together.

Both goals were more as a result of mistakes we capitalised on, rather than good build up by Milan.

While its early doors yet, I don't see us winning anything this season, or for several more to come.

__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 19:06   #155

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
OK, I respect different opinions from mine, I agree Abate wasn't that bad tonight, but at this level he's below average player. I see Marcelo who's apart from pace nothing special really, he was beating our players several time with his runs. Abate, though as fast as hell can't beat nobody. He just plays the ball to the nearest team-mate or kicks it far away from him. Just like Antonini. The only difference is Antonini is not afraid to come up.
My opinion is not really different, the thing is we are not playing at the level me, you and everybody is hoping. Not right now anyway. A game like today required containing Ozil, Di Maria and CR. Abate did his part well in that sense.
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 19:07   #156

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
By the way someone please post a video or gif of the CR dive. We all need a laugh right now
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 19:13   #157

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6YzBdozGyg

Is that what you mean? I made it as my FB status.

Btw credit to our neighbour forum.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 19:17   #158

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
I dont understand what games you people have seen but the one I seen showed Milan being afraid, playing like a small team. I liked Pirlo defensively but if you guys did not notice everytime we attacked it was only FOUR players, three attackers + boateng whlist real madrid ALWAYS defended with at least 7 players. Even though Rino played awesome and spectacular DEFENSIVELY, IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH ANY MORE.

The game evolves and now requires midfielders to be able to defend and attack. We kept being outnumbered outfront because Pirlo and Gattuso couldn't run up and down with the team. Zambrotta was downright pathetic and did absolutely nothing right. A shame as he was one of the greatest fullbacks of his time.

What pisses me off the most were Allegri's comments after the game saying We nearly snatched the win, as if it was all him who did it. Screw him. We only were the luckiest team in the world to bring on Pippo and save us albeit with a mistake by Casillas and a wrong offside decision. Even after Pippos tremendous game, the defence and midfield couldn't keep the lead up. Seedorf was brought on to keep the ball, NOT to give them the ball like he did for the 2nd goal.

and again I must re-iterate how TERRIBLE Allegri seems to be. Wrong starting formation, wrong tactics, can't seem to motivate the players, can't find the right positions for the right players, totally owned, and today seems to be impressed with his side after saying "We nearly snatched victory" instead of talking about how TERRIBLE his side played.

Absolutely unacceptable performance by Milan.

Oh yeah, pathetic performance by our supposedly world-class trident. Ibra, Pato and R80 were utter shyte. I thought Abate was good today, Nesta and Silva were also good.

I'm afraid the sooner we look to a future with no Pirlo-Seedorf-Ambrosini-Gattuso the better for us. I thought Leonardo last year did a better job than Allegri at this time, Allegri is only luckier to have a deeper squad with greater players than Leo.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 19:26   #159

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6YzBdozGyg

Is that what you mean? I made it as my FB status.

Btw credit to our neighbour forum.
That's the one thanx.

Funny and sad at the same time.
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 19:27   #160

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
I dont understand what games you people have seen but the one I seen showed Milan being afraid, playing like a small team. I liked Pirlo defensively but if you guys did not notice everytime we attacked it was only FOUR players, three attackers + boateng whlist real madrid ALWAYS defended with at least 7 players. Even though Rino played awesome and spectacular DEFENSIVELY, IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH ANY MORE.

The game evolves and now requires midfielders to be able to defend and attack. We kept being outnumbered outfront because Pirlo and Gattuso couldn't run up and down with the team. Zambrotta was downright pathetic and did absolutely nothing right. A shame as he was one of the greatest fullbacks of his time.

What pisses me off the most were Allegri's comments after the game saying We nearly snatched the win, as if it was all him who did it. Screw him. We only were the luckiest team in the world to bring on Pippo and save us albeit with a mistake by Casillas and a wrong offside decision. Even after Pippos tremendous game, the defence and midfield couldn't keep the lead up. Seedorf was brought on to keep the ball, NOT to give them the ball like he did for the 2nd goal.

and again I must re-iterate how TERRIBLE Allegri seems to be. Wrong starting formation, wrong tactics, can't seem to motivate the players, can't find the right positions for the right players, totally owned, and today seems to be impressed with his side after saying "We nearly snatched victory" instead of talking about how TERRIBLE his side played.

Absolutely unacceptable performance by Milan.

Oh yeah, pathetic performance by our supposedly world-class trident. Ibra, Pato and R80 were utter shyte. I thought Abate was good today, Nesta and Silva were also good.

I'm afraid the sooner we look to a future with no Pirlo-Seedorf-Ambrosini-Gattuso the better for us. I thought Leonardo last year did a better job than Allegri at this time, Allegri is only luckier to have a deeper squad with greater players than Leo.
Agree with most of your comment. My concern especially on how we really lied on long balls as if the trident (plus Boateng for some times) could face many Real Madrid players. Allegri definitely had the wrong approach in how to play against Real Madrid. I thought, he would bring at least a game like in the time after we suffered two goals in Madrid game until the end of the first half of Madrid game.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 20:27   #161

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
I am so disappointed with our approach, and the team fielded.

Y Flamini cannot get a game is beyond me....he at least would have done more to link play between defence and attack, especially by being that extra player in the offensive phase.

The other problem I find, is that our supposed "stars" are yet to truly shine....and until they do, we can forget about winning games.

Ronaldinho should only feature against teams with a slow midfield, as he unbalances the team with his poor work ethic.

Seedorf can retire in January, so we should rescind his contract, so we can bring in a younger player.

Robinho seems only to be able to truly shine in Brazil, or while playing for them.

Pato's development is way too slow, sell him, buy 2 more midfielders and or wingbacks, or find a position that will fulfil his true potential.

Rest Pirlo, play Flamini in his place, if u must play Ambro/Rino.
Oh, and sack Allegri in Jan, and replace him with whom ever.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 22:12   #162

kogalo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2010
kogalo is on a distinguished road
I feel sorry for the great Ronaldinho, Robinho and Pato.. They made a terrible mistake of signing for the wrong club. A waste of time and a waste of their careers. What a sad ending to such rare brilliance in football. Ac Milan should be left strictly for the Italians. I don't understand why Milan pretends to sign such great players only to prefer aged no name Italians to them.
kogalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 23:01   #163

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I just about ran out of patience with Allegri as he is really not up to the job. If Berlu is behind the selections, then fine. But Real pretty much outplayed Milan the whole game. If it were not for Abbiatti making great saves and Pirlo(our 2nd GK) making goal line clearances, Real would have won again.
Just sad to see the way Milan played. The sad thing is that the talents are there but Allegri had no idea how to use it.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 23:08   #164

Elmago99

Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
I watched the game Taped, and just read everyone's comments.

I agree with guys like OCMilano & Hitmanq8

I stopped reading Revolver's post after he said " Allegri got better of Mourinho"

We got destroyed that game.. DESTROYED. Inzaghi scored 1 goal from a laughable mistake from Casillas, and 1 goal from an offside.

Gattuso played with his heart, and Boateng played pretty good. Everyone else was TERRIBLE. As Hitman said, the game has evolved, you need players who can attack and defend as a unit. I don't blame the goal on Abbiati. The other goal was a mistake of our CD obviously, although I thought Nesta and TS played well generally.

Things to be learned from the game:

* Sell Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Pirlo, Abate, Zambrotta, Bonera,
* R80 is finished, period end of story. He had 2 nice passes, and Ibra wasted them. Ibra battled hard, but looked as if he totally lost his talent.
* If Pato continues NOT passing the ball, he should be benched for 3 months.
* Inzaghi is a once in a generation player, we will surely miss him. I have a great respect for Mourinho, and it's funny how he predicted Inzaghi to be the guy he's scared of most.
* Our team is old and slow, we had no formation, no tactics, no passing ability. We were poor. Not much else to say.

We need new players. 2 FB's, a CB, and about 3 midfielders including an ACM. However, with this current crop of players we have, we should stop the 4-3-3..

Problem is we have similar players in Gattuso, Flamini, Ambrosini, Boateng. Guys who battle.. Defensive midfielders that can't offer much in attack (boateng can the most)...

Real Madrid, Chelsea, Barca, Bayern, Inter Attack and Defend together and have many dynamic players. We have a big seperation between defensive players and offensive players.

Our Offensive players stand still when we don't have the ball and HATE defending. Our Defensive players can't do sh*t when we have the ball.

Allegri is bad, and I think he must go, as I'm the one who started the Sack Allegri Thread, but I also think we need MANY new players.

Tonight hurt but was a fair result with a team who is clearly better.
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 00:11   #165

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
I am so disappointed with our approach, and the team fielded.

Y Flamini cannot get a game is beyond me....he at least would have done more to link play between defence and attack, especially by being that extra player in the offensive phase.

The other problem I find, is that our supposed "stars" are yet to truly shine....and until they do, we can forget about winning games.

Ronaldinho should only feature against teams with a slow midfield, as he unbalances the team with his poor work ethic.

Seedorf can retire in January, so we should rescind his contract, so we can bring in a younger player.

Robinho seems only to be able to truly shine in Brazil, or while playing for them.

Pato's development is way too slow, sell him, buy 2 more midfielders and or wingbacks, or find a position that will fulfil his true potential.

Rest Pirlo, play Flamini in his place, if u must play Ambro/Rino.
Oh, and sack Allegri in Jan, and replace him with whom ever.
I refuse to blame our players. Last year they looked sooo promising. This year they look like rubbish because they're being led astray by the n00b that is Allegri.....Think about it...when's the last time you ever saw Nesta have soooo many bad games? Why can't Flams get one game? Why is even Prince starting to get worse? Even our best player of late, iHomo looks TERRIBLE...the list goes on and on...this Allergy guy needs to go. Previously I didn't want him to go too early to destabilize our team but we need damage control now

Quote:
Originally Posted by kogalo View Post
I feel sorry for the great Ronaldinho, Robinho and Pato.. They made a terrible mistake of signing for the wrong club. A waste of time and a waste of their careers. What a sad ending to such rare brilliance in football. Ac Milan should be left strictly for the Italians. I don't understand why Milan pretends to sign such great players only to prefer aged no name Italians to them.
more or less agree.....two fullbacks and a CM and we're better than everybody
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:28.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.