AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-11-2010, 12:44   #1

hustler

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2010
hustler is on a distinguished road
Allessandro Nesta Leaving?

Guys..Thiago Silva told the press today that Alessandro Nesta would be leaving the club by the end of the season...For me while this sounds like bad news i sincerely hope its not true..

There are not too many classy defenders who are available right now.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 13:09   #2

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Well, I guess he wanted to retire gracefully. He knows himself better and I think he knows next season he will be in major decline phase so he will not want to burden us.

Hopefully the management will be prompted to seek a new CB.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 13:16   #3

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Nothing's confirmed at this point and it's a shame if he does decide to leave. That said, he's not young anymore and what does fill me with confidence is Thiago playing like a leader nowerdays, essentially meaning that if Nesta does leave, we have a great replacement ready to lead the defence. However, until Nesta calls time, I intend to keep supporting him as I have done until now.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 13:32   #4

Lebanese

Registered User
 
Lebanese's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
Nothing's confirmed at this point and it's a shame if he does decide to leave. That said, he's not young anymore and what does fill me with confidence is Thiago playing like a leader nowerdays, essentially meaning that if Nesta does leave, we have a great replacement ready to lead the defence. However, until Nesta calls time, I intend to keep supporting him as I have done until now.
nesta's agent just cofirmed that if nesta is to leave milan, it will be a retirement call. not transfer call and he also said that if milan will not renew his contract it means he will retire, not look for clubs
__________________
Quote:
" ...I'm sure this will be my last stop, there is nothing more than Milan, Milan is the best for me. Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
Lebanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 15:59   #5

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
Nothing's confirmed at this point and it's a shame if he does decide to leave. That said, he's not young anymore and what does fill me with confidence is Thiago playing like a leader nowerdays, essentially meaning that if Nesta does leave, we have a great replacement ready to lead the defence. However, until Nesta calls time, I intend to keep supporting him as I have done until now.
I don't agree with the bold part. Silva should be actually replacement for Maldini, not Nesta.

Regarding Nesta's possibility to retire at the end of the season, I am against it. We need him. Nesta and Silva have been our monster since last season and now we are only just enjoying their great partnership, a news telling that the partnership could be broken at the end of the season, makes me really unhappy. Like has been said by other, it is very hard to find classy defender. If we find that player. What available are talent defenders that could become a great defender but it NEEDS time.

So, Milan must buy a replacement for Nesta immediately before Nesta retires. It could sounds silly to tell this but there is any truth that a developing defender can learn a lot from experienced great defender while they are training together.
__________________
´
If Tassotti, Baresi, Costacurta and I are going to have a coffee now, we would put us in line and keeping the space unintentionally.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 18:33   #6

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
I hope that what Silva was saying isn't true. Nesta is probably my favourite Milan player ever since I started watching Milan back in '03. I think he still has much to offer as a defender for Milan. When he's fit he's still easily one of the best defenders in the world..we just need to get some quality backup so that he can be rested every so often.

All this being said, whoever is going to ATTEMPT to replace Nesta has some extremely big boots to fill..
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 22:18   #7

Ree_zq

Registered User
 
Ree_zq's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2008
Location: Penghujung Sumatra
Fave Players: Maldini
Ree_zq is on a distinguished road
I agree with Siregar, Nesta's skills and experiences should be used to hone all developing defenders' ability in the squad. It's sure a big loss if Nesta leaves, and I'm afraid there will be another teeth problem when we're looking for replacement (Silva alone on the back will not do it).
However, If it's true that Nesta's agent has confirmed that he is to leave Milan, we should respect his decision. He's a Lazio, and he wants to end his career at the club where he started. Thanks for everything, Sandro
__________________
MG
Ree_zq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 02:01   #8

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
We'll know better in Feb/Mar, IMO. For now, I'm happy with his form & health.
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 04:18   #9

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
I don't agree with the bold part. Silva should be actually replacement for Maldini, not Nesta.

Regarding Nesta's possibility to retire at the end of the season, I am against it. We need him. Nesta and Silva have been our monster since last season and now we are only just enjoying their great partnership, a news telling that the partnership could be broken at the end of the season, makes me really unhappy. Like has been said by other, it is very hard to find classy defender. If we find that player. What available are talent defenders that could become a great defender but it NEEDS time.

So, Milan must buy a replacement for Nesta immediately before Nesta retires. It could sounds silly to tell this but there is any truth that a developing defender can learn a lot from experienced great defender while they are training together.
My point of Thiago replacing Nesta was that he's ready to lead the defence now, in the same way that Nesta took over the responsibility of leading the defence from Maldini.

If I'm honest though, I don't think many top level defenders will come to Milan if we have both Nesta and Thiago. Someone who can play at this desired level will want first team football, and with both Nesta and Thiago, this would be very difficult to get.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 08:20   #10

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
If I'm honest though, I don't think many top level defenders will come to Milan if we have both Nesta and Thiago. Someone who can play at this desired level will want first team football, and with both Nesta and Thiago, this would be very difficult to get.
Then we don't need any 'top class' defender. I want see our Alessendro Nesta playing two more seasons in Red & Black, unless he really really really wants to return to his beloved Lazio. Only then I won't be sad to see him go. Nesta is Milan & its as simple as that
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 09:51   #11

ThrusT

Registered User
 
ThrusT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Pirlo, Serginho, Baresi, Rui Costa
ThrusT is on a distinguished road
If Nesta decides to quit football this season he will have a good reason for it.
He's always been a fragile player and if these reports are true I am pretty sure he feels he will no longer be able to continue. He could still be very useful as a substitute CB and mentor to Silva and others but I fully understand him for wanting to end his career in style. Maybe a one last season at his love Lazio, I wouldn't be mad at him for that. Though I thought he always said he would end his career in Milan.

If he decides to leave all we can do is salute him with all our hearts, we can't ask of Galliani to find an equally good defender.. there simply isn't one.
Baresi-Maldini-Nesta MASTERCLASS , all the rest come in 2nd place.
ThrusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 10:08   #12

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzk57 View Post
Then we don't need any 'top class' defender. I want see our Alessendro Nesta playing two more seasons in Red & Black, unless he really really really wants to return to his beloved Lazio. Only then I won't be sad to see him go. Nesta is Milan & its as simple as that
What I would like to see is Nesta staying for 2/3 more years, and we buy another RISING star in defender - much like THiago Silva 2/3 seasons ago. In that case, Nesta will be able to 'mentor' the new player, and eventually Thiago Silva and the new player will be the backbone for Milan.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 10:11   #13

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrusT View Post
If Nesta decides to quit football this season he will have a good reason for it.
He's always been a fragile player and if these reports are true I am pretty sure he feels he will no longer be able to continue. He could still be very useful as a substitute CB and mentor to Silva and others but I fully understand him for wanting to end his career in style. Maybe a one last season at his love Lazio, I wouldn't be mad at him for that. Though I thought he always said he would end his career in Milan.

If he decides to leave all we can do is salute him with all our hearts, we can't ask of Galliani to find an equally good defender.. there simply isn't one.
Baresi-Maldini-Nesta MASTERCLASS , all the rest come in 2nd place.
Fully agreed mate. Even in his final year Paolo was arguably among the best CBs in serie A. But he alone knows just how much gas left in his tank. These are CBs of the highest class we're talking about and they set the bar high for themselves. Much as I love and want Sandro to stay, if he decides to call it a day it's because he feels he can't continue without risking of staining his legacy. Even if he wants to come back to Lazio, he deserves our utmost respect because he never gives less than 100% in Milan shirt.
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 10:41   #14

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Man this news makes me cry. I really can't see him stop playing. Okay Maldini finally stopped playing, but he was 41 years young. Nesta is just 34. I never saw, Baresi & Backenbuear play, so Maldini aside, no one comes close to the stylish defending of Nesta, not even Cannavaro of 2006. he made me a Milan fan back in 2004. It would be very very tough to see him quit. More tough than $hevchenko & Kaka leaving Milan. Please Sandro stay ........... Plzzzzz ...........But I know he will never read MM posts
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "

Last edited by mzk57; 26-11-2010 at 10:45.
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 11:09   #15

vivardo

Registered User
 
vivardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Fave Players: Kaka, Maldini, Inzaghi, Nesta, R9
vivardo is on a distinguished road
^ Well said. I am struggling to think of one contemporary defenders who are artists at defending apart from Nesta. I hope T. Silva becomes an artist but it would be a pity to see injuries denying the footballing treat for a few more years. I haven't even touched the style factor.
vivardo is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.