AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-11-2010, 09:03   #841

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I think it is also down to living in a different countries and having nobody around. Now I am not defending Gourcuff or any young prima donnas, but it must be tough. On top of that, agents these days will always talk the players up..... Personally, I really think a player got to at least learn the language before heading to play in that country.

Honestly, Seedorf better has a better mental approach than most younger players since he has been around long enough.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 27-11-2010, 10:38   #842

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
I think it is also down to living in a different countries and having nobody around. Now I am not defending Gourcuff or any young prima donnas, but it must be tough. On top of that, agents these days will always talk the players up..... Personally, I really think a player got to at least learn the language before heading to play in that country.

Honestly, Seedorf better has a better mental approach than most younger players since he has been around long enough.
Well, Seedorf first moved abroad at the age 19 while Gorky at 20. And I never read Seedorf make any controversy in his clubs. Some players just manage to adapt better than others, that's it.


And about these young prima donnas, I think amongst other things, money plays a big part on this. The salary and the contract are much more lucrative these days.


These were Mourinho's words when lambasting young players in general and Balotelli in particular. "It's a generational problem with young players today. Twenty years ago, at age 20, you were a man. Today it's a rarity to find guys thatage who aren't surrounded by hangers-on who destabilize them. Guys who don't just think about money and driving a Ferrari or a Bentley, guys whoare willing to work hard and be professional."
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline  
Old 27-11-2010, 11:13   #843

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
One thing I'd agree with Moaninho on. I've coach 14/15 years olds. Some of whom already think they are good players, ready to make professional jump, but can't control or lack intelligence.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 27-11-2010, 13:09   #844

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
I think what Maldini said could affect the thinking about next transfers

Milan need professional player, not talented but indisciplined one
Aficio is offline  
Old 27-11-2010, 16:03   #845

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
We need creativity and lungs in one, esp in AM, then in WB as bonera & zambro aren't up to task.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 27-11-2010, 21:59   #846

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
Well, Seedorf first moved abroad at the age 19 while Gorky at 20. And I never read Seedorf make any controversy in his clubs. Some players just manage to adapt better than others, that's it.


And about these young prima donnas, I think amongst other things, money plays a big part on this. The salary and the contract are much more lucrative these days.


These were Mourinho's words when lambasting young players in general and Balotelli in particular. "It's a generational problem with young players today. Twenty years ago, at age 20, you were a man. Today it's a rarity to find guys thatage who aren't surrounded by hangers-on who destabilize them. Guys who don't just think about money and driving a Ferrari or a Bentley, guys whoare

willing to work hard and be professional."
Seedorf at 19, that was like 100yrs ago, hahahaha.

Anyhow, I think it is down to how they prepare for transfer, like I said, think clubs should only sign players who at least speak the country's language.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 28-11-2010, 05:46   #847

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Seedorf at 19, that was like 100yrs ago, hahahaha.

Anyhow, I think it is down to how they prepare for transfer, like I said, think clubs should only sign players who at least speak the country's language.
We'd sign only Italians then.

The players have to learn the language as quick as possible imo, but from what I've heard Milan treat the players very well in terms of adapting, nothing is left to chance, and if the player doesn't adapt then it's either a question of poor mentality, some bad luck or tactical adaptability.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 28-11-2010, 06:47   #848

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I think there are a lot of reasons as to why a player cannot perform at his fullest. Those mentioned are factors and so are team formations, team approach.....
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 28-11-2010, 08:38   #849

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Gabriel, I mentioned Seedorf to point out that he did face the similar situation with Gorky, "living in a different countries and having nobody around" at young age and coped well with it.

And I agreed with Tony75 about Milan help the new player to adapt. I remember reading Seedorf's interview in the past (I've searched for it again but couldn't find it). He said that he befriended Gorky in his first year, became some kind of mentor, before detached from him in the second year because he felt that everybody should be able to stand on their own after a year of adaption. But now after reading Paolo's comment, I think perhaps part of the reason because Gorky just couldn't get along with the rest of team.
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline  
Old 28-11-2010, 09:35   #850

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
He is French too. That always plays a part.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 28-11-2010, 16:09   #851

Elmago99

Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Watching Palermo-Roma..

Mexes is a bad defender... No chance of him becoming a Milanista...
Elmago99 is offline  
Old 28-11-2010, 16:53   #852

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
Watching Palermo-Roma..

Mexes is a bad defender... No chance of him becoming a Milanista...
Agreed he is the french Bonera, and one is one too many as it is.

He lacks the mental strength, although that could arrive if he came to Milan, but I hope not.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 28-11-2010, 18:36   #853

MilanMikey

Registered User
 
MilanMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2010
Location: Toronto
Fave Players: Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Pirlo
MilanMikey is on a distinguished road
i sort of agree with what galliani and berlu are saying about our situation, its either top class players become available or we stay as we are.. theres no point in signing matri, when really how much does inzaghi play? we need to first buy players to help the starting 11 before thinking about players to fill in for injuries etc.
MilanMikey is offline  
Old 29-11-2010, 05:53   #854

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMikey View Post
i sort of agree with what galliani and berlu are saying about our situation, its either top class players become available or we stay as we are.. theres no point in signing matri, when really how much does inzaghi play? we need to first buy players to help the starting 11 before thinking about players to fill in for injuries etc.
For the 4th striker role, I disagree with that, since getting another superstar is just too much. Having said that, I think Milan should sign a reliable true CF in Jan to add more depth as if Pato and Ibra are out, there is no true CF on the team. Maybe calling back Polashi is an option, another idea is sign a veteran striker for e remainder of the season.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 29-11-2010, 08:48   #855

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any chance of Kaka coming back? I saw some pics of this new Brazilian called Ganso (or what ever). He really looks (bad) a Juve type player. AC Milan needs handsome Brazilians like Kaka & Nilmaar. No Gonso please!!
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.