![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
![]() |
Italian Football!
I thought we are missing a Serie A/Italian Football thread in here. A lot of times I think about writing something about news going on about the league or the other clubs in Serie A, but I often feel like those comments have no place in a thread such as Milan-Juve for example, or summer mercato, and etc.
I thought we can use this thread to sometimes discuss news about Italian football that don't necessarily include Milan. Anything from how the future of the league will shape up, how it will compare to other leagues in Europe in the future, to other teams' transfers, to other teams' games and performances in Europe and in Italy, other teams' players performances and etc. I thought it might be a good idea to post stuff like that in here rather then sometimes going to the summer mercato thread and finding 2/3 pages of stuff that doesn't really belong there even though it has a lot to do with current affairs in Italy. Anyhow, the Tim Cup final is being played right now. Lazio currently leading 1-0 with Zarate's goal. I am hoping that Lazio will take it, as it will be better for Italy in Europe next year. I think Lazio is slowly getting out of their crises from a few years ago and the splashing of cash for Zarate only proves that they are willing to invest and strengthen their lines.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER! |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
![]() |
Good decision to make this thread.
Btw Zarate's goal was very beautiful. I wonder if he often scores from outside of penalty area. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
![]() |
I've seen him hit a couple from outside the 16m box.....and he certainly has the ability. The only downside to his game I think is that he tries to do too much on his own.
Anyhow.....this cup final is so intense between the two sides and the packed Olimpico certainly adds so much spice to the action. A packed stadium really makes a game very very different. The quality of the game itself is lifted. As for the Tim Cup....I think it's been a success this year. And the final being played between two clubs that really..this is their only way out for an acceptable season..makes this final so much more intense and gives it such a great meaning. I'm sure this final would have been crap in terms of intensity had two clubs that already qualified for the Europa League or the CL played in it. The 'one leg' final instead of two legged tie has also made a bid difference.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER! Last edited by nefremo; 13-05-2009 at 14:29. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
![]() |
Thanks about Zarate's info.
About the teams in final I agree with you. Lazio played like they play in a very important final and so do Sampdoria. And both teams really play for win (not just trying to make the game 0-0 or something like that). By the way where is Carizzo (GK from Argentina)? |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
![]() |
Well, Lazio took the Cup and will be in the UEFA Europa League next year. Sampdoria did good in the second half while Lazio had a better first half. All in all the game rounded up an excellent cup final, and definitely the best and most intense final in recent years.
Lazio's victory I think will serve Italian football better. The participation in Europe next year will also give them some extra funds and further strengthen their squad and maybe confirm new deals for important players such as Pandev. This is exactly what Serie A needs.....the teams that will play in Europe to keep getting stronger. Something that hasn't been happening in the last few years as the clubs that were playing in Europe would mainly have a good season, qualify for Europe, then sell their best performers during the summer, and have a terrible year the following season both in Serie A and Europe. Next season will be different however as Inter, Milan, Juve, Fiorentina, Genoa, Roma and Lazio (these are the clubs that will play in Europe as of right now).....are not going to sell off their best performers but will only get stronger by the looks of their ambitions. I think we will be in for a good showing in Europe by the Italians next season.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER! |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
![]() |
Did anyone see this foul by Totti in today's Coppa Italia final?? Absolutely horrific. I've lost a ton of respect for Totti after this and if he gets called to the WC and Cassano doesn't based on his attitude then I've lost respect for Lippi as well (not that I have too much respect for him as it stands because I think he could have done a better job of picking Italian players).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jehNMZ0BHCs |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: Sydney
Fave Players: Van Basten, Baggio
![]() |
haha yeah i saw it. i like both players alot but that was pretty disgusting. i can't believe some people are defending him... people who i respect (mazzone).
__________________
the freewheelin' |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
![]() |
We can't just look at a problem only from one side. Both side should be viewed.
I won't believe Totti did such a mistake without any reason. It said that Balotelli provoked Totti (said something to Totti), anyone get any info what Balotelli said? I think that there is something that can be 'justified' to do such mistake (well, at least 'justified' for me ), just like Zidane did (I don't know about Balotelli and Totti since I haven't read any news about what Balloteli's saying).Last edited by Siregar; 07-05-2010 at 05:27. |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2010
![]() |
Italian football players are the best in the world I think.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: La terra della bella gente
Fave Players: Kaką, Andrea Pirlo and Paolo Maldini
![]() |
Quote:
__________________
ALWAYS ROSSO ALWAYS NERO ALWAYS A ROSSONERO ![]() San Paolo 600 Serie A Appearances Living Legend Grazie Paolo! Heroes Are Remembered Legends Live Forever San Paolo |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
![]() |
Today in the Europa league we have both Sampdoria losing at home to PSV and Juve drawing to Lech (Polish) team. Both Samp and Juve have been eliminated with still one game left to play.
How pathetic are these Italian teams in Europe? Sad, sad, real sad teams. Tomorrow Napoli and Palermo play in the Europa league. Palermo have a very important game against Sparta Praha at home, if they fail to win they will also be eliminated. Napoli have a game away at Utrecht and can also face elimination if they lose the game. Stuttgart lost today but they already had 4 win out of 4, and Leverkusen won away to Rosenborg. Instead of the Italian clubs trying to fight back the Germans to win back the fourth spot, they are bending over more and more and trying to take it up the a$$ deeper and deeper. Shameful clubs these Italians the ones that play in Europa League. |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
![]() |
Quote:
Napoli and Palermo will be out of the competition too, they all want to qualify for CL so they give evrything in Serie A only and don't care about Europa League. It's a shame for Italy, but how can they be blamed ? The only team to blame is Juventus because they have the bench to compete in both competitions ... but Sampdoria, Palermo and Napoli have a very good first team, with almost no bench, they can't be blamed for not playing this competition too seriously. It's why they want to qualify in CL, to have the money to build something, but I think they do it the wrong way.
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead. So we should stop bashing Juventus ... ![]() Serie A Fantasy League The topic on MM The avatar to use by MM members |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
![]() |
Napoli are losing 3-1 to Utrecht. Despite, mind you, starting Cavani, Hamsik and Lavezzi.
I am actually not convinced that Italian teams are good enough. I think it's both the fact that they don't care and they are not competitive. |
|
|
|