AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-12-2010, 16:14   #1201

bayern

Registered User
 
bayern's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2008
Location: CCS
Fave Players: jucilei, Riquelme
bayern is on a distinguished road
Nope. He can set up passes, but he is more in the mold of Makelele.


Bruno Cesar is linked with Villarreal and Bremen.
bayern is offline  
Old 19-12-2010, 16:48   #1202

MilanMikey

Registered User
 
MilanMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2010
Location: Toronto
Fave Players: Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Pirlo
MilanMikey is on a distinguished road
another player i like is alexis sanchez. great talentt
MilanMikey is offline  
Old 19-12-2010, 16:56   #1203

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
Gremio: "Ronaldinho has told us he wanted to return. We are in talks with Milan and we think a deal can be concluded"

Theoretically, if R80 leaves in January, that would mean 4m wages saved (8m net), considering no buyout fee. We also are getting Cassano for 3m per season, so that means 6m net per season, and thus 3m net per half season... thats 5mil profit by swapping Cassano and R80. However I have not taken into account any buyout fee of Cassano or sell out fee for R80.

Our non-eu spot is still free! I dont know what happened to the rumors of us wanting to sign Coentrao and Luiz, we were very hot on their trail especially as Braida went and saw them in a game... let's hope we already have something wrapped up.

Ideally, Coentrao, Jucilei and Coentrao would join Cassano. Highly unlikely though but would be awesome. We must use our Non-EU spot, and I promise that we will (if we hadn't already used it on some kid we don't know about).
I suppose that one as LB, the other as RB, right? I heard he is good, I just didn't know that he is that good.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 19-12-2010, 17:00   #1204

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
there have been a few counterintuitive (or confusing) statements from the administration recently.

One is that even if Cassano joined, he would be ineligible for CL knockout stage. I thought UEFA had recently changed the rule?

the other is that Galliani said that we no longer have the only non-EU spot. Some then speculated that it was Robinho who used it. Could someone please clarify?
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 19-12-2010, 19:29   #1205

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Xudong:

I meant Lazzari as the second Coentrao....

About the Non-EU spot, no, it is confirmed that Robinho has a Spanish passport by several sources. I haven't seen ONE source saying that Robinho took our non-eu spot. Galliani did NOT say we already used up our Non-EU spot, he said that the striker we will sign in January has to be non-eu because of the new Serie A regulations... he did not say if it was used or who used it. There is a possibility that we used it on Rodrigo Ely, a young Brazilian center back (15 years old I believe), however he is not listed in on any of our youth team squads so I dont think he took it. All I know about this kid is that Mino Raiola (Ibra's and Balotelli's agent) is also his agent.

Rules as of last year would mean Cassano would be cup-tied 100%. Even Umberto Gandini, a big guy in the Milan management at the moment, said that Cassano WILL be cup-tied 4 days ago. However, on other forums I have read the new rules people have posted from this year and it clearly explains that he is eligible, but I am not sure whether the rules these people are getting are legit or fake.

I know for sure that if a player plays in the Europa league, he can be signed to play in the CL in mid season. I knew for sure that if a player played in the CL qualifiers, that would rule him out. I remember 2 years ago, Real signed both Huntelaar and Diarra from Ajax and Portsmouth (both of which played in the Europa League). Rules say that you can only add ONE player from a Europa League team to your CL squad in mid-season. They picked Lassana Diarra.
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 19-12-2010, 20:51   #1206

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Yes, I remember that Gandini said the same thing right before the CL draw, that's why I was very confused, because I was almost 100% sure that the new UEFA rule would permit players like Cassano to be part of CL knockout stage. Guess we will have to wait and see.

On Robinho's case, I read from another forum (XT) that some Spanish fans claimed that Robinho never really applied for Spanish passport, but I am not sure how reliable that was. I seem to recall reading from somewhere that Galliani also said that we no longer have the non-EU spot, but of course it could be lost in translation. Again, that's something we will have to wait and see. for example, if we sign Ganso, and wait for half season to use him, then we would know for sure, but it is my hope that we still have that precious non-EU spot at hand and actually will use it on someone useful this coming January.

And Lazzari would be a nice addition to our squad. I wouldn't mind Lazzari, Cassano and Matri, though I doubt that Cagliari would sell us two, or even one, and I understand that we probably won't get two attackers at the same time (even if they are very different types). I somehow don't think we would be getting any defenders this winter window.
__________________
FORZA MILAN

Last edited by Xudong; 19-12-2010 at 20:53.
Xudong is offline  
Old 19-12-2010, 20:55   #1207

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Also, I believe that we can change at most 3 new players when we submit the new CL player list in February. Can someone confirm?
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 19-12-2010, 21:57   #1208

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
It seems that Cassano won't be eligible after all.

The UEFA's new regulation states:

Quote:
18.07 As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA
Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for
more than one club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally,
however, a player who has been fielded in the first, second or third qualifying
round of the UEFA Champions League
or UEFA Europa League is entitled to
play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club as from
the group stage, provided that his former club did not qualify for
the group phase of either the UEFA Champions League or the UEFA Europa
League; moreover, as from the start of the round of 16 (round of 32 for UEFA
Europa League), a player can be registered in accordance with paragraphs
18.17 to 18.20 below. For the avoidance of doubt, a substitute player who
has not been fielded is entitled to play for another club competing in the
UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League in the course of the
same season, provided that he is registered with the UEFA administration in
accordance with the present regulations.
and Cassano played in the playoff round, which was after the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd qualification round.

Damn. Oh well, he is not a Milan player yet, so let's not worry about that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
Also, I believe that we can change at most 3 new players when we submit the new CL player list in February. Can someone confirm?
just for the record, I checked and it is true.
__________________
FORZA MILAN

Last edited by Xudong; 19-12-2010 at 22:04.
Xudong is offline  
Old 19-12-2010, 22:30   #1209

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
It seems that Cassano won't be eligible after all.

The UEFA's new regulation states:



and Cassano played in the playoff round, which was after the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd qualification round.


Isn't the 3rd qualification round indeed the play off round you are talking about? I believe it is.

EDIT: actually no I am wrong.... you are right, Cassano is ineligible to play in the CL.

Last edited by hitmannq8; 19-12-2010 at 22:35.
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 19-12-2010, 22:47   #1210

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
Isn't the 3rd qualification round indeed the play off round you are talking about? I believe it is.

EDIT: actually no I am wrong.... you are right, Cassano is ineligible to play in the CL.
you were not alone. I thought the same way too. It was some stupid invention by Platini obviously and who the **** would know that the playoff round was actually a fourth round? so stupid it is.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 20-12-2010, 04:43   #1211

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Is Cassano transfer official?
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 20-12-2010, 05:07   #1212

Jay Crisp

Registered User
 
Jay Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Looks like Milan Samp and Cass will pay the 5 mill to Madrid between them...if he arrives.Even if he is ineligible we need him for the league as you guys saw what happened when Pirlo came off...He'll add depth and have his usual 2 years of great play and no fighting which we can use then sell him to Inter...lol
__________________
Somwhere in the world a woman gives birth every 90 seconds , she must be found and stopped.
Jay Crisp is offline  
Old 20-12-2010, 06:37   #1213

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Man City interested in Ronaldinho?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy...er-city-report

If so, then that's very good news. They usually pay 2-3 times more than a player is worth...
Arildonardo is offline  
Old 20-12-2010, 06:51   #1214

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I think it will be a good deal for all parties if Dinho goes to City, as City needs a superstar player, Dinho wants to leave and Milan does not want to pay Dinho. It will be interesting if this deal could be a swap of Janku, Oddo, Dinho and Seedorf, for Koralev and Tevez.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 20-12-2010, 08:18   #1215

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Is Cassano transfer official?
No. The transfer window isn't open yet, so it can't be official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arildonardo View Post
Man City interested in Ronaldinho?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy...er-city-report

If so, then that's very good news. They usually pay 2-3 times more than a player is worth...
2-3 times higher eh? which means that we could potentially receive 50K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
I think it will be a good deal for all parties if Dinho goes to City, as City needs a superstar player, Dinho wants to leave and Milan does not want to pay Dinho. It will be interesting if this deal could be a swap of Janku, Oddo, Dinho and Seedorf, for Koralev and Tevez.
Now you are joking again right?
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.