AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-01-2011, 00:15   #1786

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
We've had this debate on the forum before, but do you think we can help Coentrao become one of the best LB's in the World? he's very good technically, going forward, crossing, and he can't defend any worse than Antonini and Bonera
The best I donīt know, but we can improve him. My problem is... They want A LOT of money for a project! Donīt get me wrong, heīs very good going forward, but not to the point to be worth that amount of money.

Itīs just my opinion and it has nothing to do with being Brazilian(no I need to repeat it here, now ), but Marcelo can really take over a game by the LB position, and thats rare. But I still didnīt see it in Coentrão. I think Bonera defends better as RB than CB but youīre right, they arenīt good...
Quote:
Criscito probably already solid defensively, but not explosive in attack, If you remember the World Cup, I felt he played very conservatively...
Agree, and thats why I wasnīt that high on him before. But now I think it has to do more with coaches holding him back than talent to attack.

This season I saw some special things from Criscito in attack. Nothing like Marcelo, but I have a feeling he could be good in a big team like Milan if he could get some freedom...
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 14-01-2011, 04:03   #1787

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
How Galliani said about how Milan's situation in the summer market regarding the signing of Ibra and Robinho at final days of the transfer window makes us (at least me) very excited! LOL

Galliani seems a bit different from previous year. He didn't promise anything like Mr. X or so (but still makes people wonder what Milan will do in transfer window) and he clearly said that the age of Van Bommel doesn't suit to Milan (or not what Milan want). He seems getting agree with 99,9% fans in this forum regarding avoiding transfer of old champions.
I've said it before, but I think it's partly to do with the manager. It was while Carlo was in charge we frequently brought older players, while as soon as Leo came in we targeted younger talent (Cissokho and Dzeko at the time).

Under Allegri, we seem to have a preference for younger players. This isn't to say it's all because of the manager, but certainly I think the coach has a fair amount of input.

Also, about Dzeko I read this article yesterday...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...anchester-city

I think it may explain about Dzeko's personality and why he might be so positive about all the clubs he's linked to and maybe also why he renewed (maybe naively) with Wolfsburg.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 14-01-2011, 06:59   #1788

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Brasiliero my friend! How are you? Things ok in there?

Also hello to all the people in here.... I was out for some time, but was following mercato as always

BRasiliero - we cannot expect attacking things from Criscito as we can from MArcelo, it due to the raw talent Marcelo as a attacking player has. But maybe Criscito's football education, as a classic italian fullback can build a great defensive fullback from him, and that is what I personally want from Milan fullbacks. If Milan managment thinks we can make a serious player out of Criscito, they should go for it...

Bosingwa? For such a low cost its better to have him then Zambrotta, Oddo, Abate, Bonera on the right side. He is better then all of them.

Now Im waiting for the official news that Ganso is our new AM
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 14-01-2011, 09:07   #1789

abbeyleemaniac

Registered User
 
abbeyleemaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2010
abbeyleemaniac is on a distinguished road
i can see us signing Mexes, if he doesnt renew with Roma, considering Milan's CB status, playing time that Bonera and co got, i dont think that Mexes could hesitate for a move to Milan, also consideirng he will get higher wages, bigger club e.t.c.

And however, it seems very unlikely after i read the figures Cagliari and Genoa asked for Lazzari and Criscito, 10 m euros and 18 m euros, which are too high. On the other hand, Coentraro costs around 20 m euros, 2 m plus than Criscito. i'd rather to go for him in this case.

GDS was talking about a Mr. X today, i wonder who he is. im happy we didnt go for Van Bommel. That was Ancelotti style move. However this season we signed Yepes, he is not too young as well.

Wing backs that i rate, Fucile from Porto, Perreira from Porto, Perreira from Benfica, Lazio's RB, Andreas Beck, İsla, Udinese RB.
abbeyleemaniac is offline  
Old 14-01-2011, 09:39   #1790

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Today, after the reports that we're more and more interested by Mexes, an old friend of this forum has been linked with us ... Santacroce should leave Napoli.

The guy showed great things before being almost constantly injured and losing his starting spot ...

Santacroce would be a very cheap player regarding the few games he has played lately, and Mexes has his contract ending this summer, so he shouldn't be that expensive too.

So even if I'm against a Mexes arrival in Milan, I think we should try to get both Mexes and Santacroce, which would be a huge improvement over the likes of Bonera and the useless Sokratis and Onyewu (and they are surely better than Yepes who is a good backup for most of the Serie A games IMO).

Then, this summer, we could focus on only one player in our CB department depending on what decides Nesta ... if he leaves, we would have to buy a new WC CD, and if he stays one more year, we wouldn't need any new player for one season.

So IMO, with both Santacroce and Mexes, and with Nesta staying one last year, our whole attacking department and CB department would be ok and would need no new player, which would allow Galliani to focus on 2-3 great players for other areas ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline  
Old 14-01-2011, 09:45   #1791

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Today, after the reports that we're more and more interested by Mexes, an old friend of this forum has been linked with us ... Santacroce should leave Napoli.

The guy showed great things before being almost constantly injured and losing his starting spot ...

Santacroce would be a very cheap player regarding the few games he has played lately, and Mexes has his contract ending this summer, so he shouldn't be that expensive too.

So even if I'm against a Mexes arrival in Milan, I think we should try to get both Mexes and Santacroce, which would be a huge improvement over the likes of Bonera and the useless Sokratis and Onyewu (and they are surely better than Yepes who is a good backup for most of the Serie A games IMO).

Then, this summer, we could focus on only one player in our CB department depending on what decides Nesta ... if he leaves, we would have to buy a new WC CD, and if he stays one more year, we wouldn't need any new player for one season.

So IMO, with both Santacroce and Mexes, and with Nesta staying one last year, our whole attacking department and CB department would be ok and would need no new player, which would allow Galliani to focus on 2-3 great players for other areas ...
Having both Santacroce and Mexes as back ups and Nesta and The Future Captain(he is just to good ) as starters will make our defense great.
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline  
Old 14-01-2011, 10:28   #1792

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
On top of that Santacroce can play as RB
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 14-01-2011, 10:46   #1793

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Galliani: "We're talking to Preziosi about Criscito." Gazzetta.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 14-01-2011, 12:46   #1794

LebRN

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2009
Location: Dubai
Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
LebRN is on a distinguished road
i had a look at just one site and got a bunch of new names for the mercato!!!
that's from TMW:

-Angelo Ogbonna (22 yr-old Italian CB from Torino)
-Sebastien Pocognoli (23 yr-old Belgian FB from Standard Liege)
-Kevin de Bruyne (19 yr-old Belgian CAM from Genk)
-Sissoko (the Juve Midfielder, he's 26)

All in addition to Bosingwa, Santacroce, Van Bommel , and the apparently very probably Criscito.

Some interesting things to note:
-Apparently Santacrocce is 24, i thought he was younger,so he is as old as Criscito.
-We are linked to young players (19, 22, 23) which is always better than the old habit of 30+ cheap players (excluding Van Bommel .... again)
-Sissoko!!! where did that come from??? Not sure what you guys think about that, but i remember he produced some brilliant displays in his 1st season with Juve but I haven't seen much of him or them this season & last...

If Filipez can give us some insights on the Belgian players, that would be helpful. And if someone is following Ogbonna, who's apparently having a very good season with Torino this year and being followed by a lot of clubs, that would also be gr8.

Edit:
One more name from Calciomercato: Piotr Trochowski, 26 yr-old Midfielder from Hamburg whose contract is expiring in June!

anybody else plz???

Edit again:
Napoli is offering Santacroce + 4Mio for Ogbonna (Calciomercato as well) :S:S:S

Last edited by LebRN; 14-01-2011 at 12:57.
LebRN is offline  
Old 14-01-2011, 13:05   #1795

Kaka1899

Registered User
 
Kaka1899's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: La terra della bella gente
Fave Players: Kakā, Andrea Pirlo and Paolo Maldini
Kaka1899 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
Galliani: "We're talking to Preziosi about Criscito." Gazzetta.
apologies i cannot remember where i read it but it turns out Galliani and Preziosi are good friends, they met up in Brazil when Galliani was there helping out Dinho. so there could be some good truth in the Criscito rumours.
__________________
ALWAYS ROSSO
ALWAYS NERO
ALWAYS A ROSSONERO



San Paolo 600 Serie A Appearances Living Legend Grazie Paolo!

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Kaka1899 is offline  
Old 14-01-2011, 13:19   #1796

Jay Crisp

Registered User
 
Jay Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Thats Trochowski that played in the WC for Germany right...now he is a good player fast smart skillful tracks back well and he's 25/6 get on that like white on rice.
__________________
Somwhere in the world a woman gives birth every 90 seconds , she must be found and stopped.
Jay Crisp is offline  
Old 14-01-2011, 13:35   #1797

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka1899 View Post
apologies i cannot remember where i read it but it turns out Galliani and Preziosi are good friends, they met up in Brazil when Galliani was there helping out Dinho. so there could be some good truth in the Criscito rumours.
Yeah they are on good terms for sure. I hope we get Criscito--our defence on the flanks is very shaky.

I remember when there was some enthusiasm for Antonini largely due to the fact that we did not have fast wingbacks. Antonini's inclusion changed that because he is lightning quick. However, he is also a limited footballer as has been discussed here.

Criscito, Mexes, and Lazarri + plus a solid CD in the summer would make us very competitive.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 14-01-2011, 14:09   #1798

Elmago99

Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
ANTONIO CASSANO OFFICIALLY UNVEILED at MILANELLO:

Antonio Cassano has been officially unveiled as a Milan player: "I want to thank Milan who have gambled on me in a time of great difficulty. I hope I can play as long as possible here, I'm sure this will be my last stop, there is nothing more than Milan. I have it all make no mistake about that, I am sure that I will not be wrong because I will not betray those who have believed in me. I am ready to do all I can and all I want to do is win." Adriano Galliani said: "In my head I thought, the only one who can stop us mourning about Ronaldinho is a talent such as Antonio Cassano."

(Antonio Cassano along with Adriano Galliani at the player's unveiling)

MILANELLO - Antonio Cassano was officially unveiled at a press conference at Milanello today where he was joined by club chief executive Adriano Galliani.

Galliani had this to say: Antonio''I thank you for waiting for me to return from Brazil. Antonio has been training now because he has lost time. For Milan and for me personally it is a matter of great satisfaction to present him, we were already very close in the summer of 2006, he was at Real, he played little in the first months, then Capello came to Madrid and he went on with his story. He is a player who our club has always liked, as Prime Minister Berlusconi said he is the best Italian talent in our football. As soon as we knew he was leaving Sampdoria, we moved quickly to complete the jig-saw in our attack. Few teams in the world can deploy, in addition to Inzaghi who is alive and well, Ibrahimovic, Pato, Robinho and Cassano. For my part, here's the warmest welcome to our club to Antonio Cassano. I'm happy, I'm not an actor, if I'm happy to see him, I am very happy that he is with us. I've seen the last two games on television, he has plated two halves so far, three assists are good but now he needs to look to score. Cassano has scored more than a hundred goals, with a good relationship between goals and games played. I would also thank the lawyer Bozzo who has played a key role in the passage of Cassano from Sampdoria to Milan.

"I am quite certain that nobody will say that Cassano is a mistake to sign, in 25 years I have learned to accept everything, today's the day of Cassano. We also think about Ronaldinho's departure. In my head I thought, the only one who can stop us from mourning about Ronaldinho ia a talent such as Antonio Cassano. He was also considered in the light of a possible departure of Ronaldinho. The arrival of Antonio did not influence the decisions that Ronaldinho would still leave. I would say that there is no link between the two. It's true that I have heard some of our senior players in the latter part of 2010 and they all have expressed a positive opinions. I find it right to hear the opinion of those who have been with us for many years, I like the players to decide to participate in the club. In 2010 there was total and absolute satisfaction in respect of Antonio Cassano.''

Antonio Cassano then had this to say: "It's easy to play alongside these players, they are at the top of their game. The first thing I must do is thank president Berlusconi if that is okay with Doctor Galliani who took a gamble on me in a moment of great difficulty and have stuck with me. Milan pulled me out of trouble, I hope with all my heart to do everything possible to make the doctor happy, the president and all the people on Sunday, in a few minutes, I have responded. From the kit-room to the President here's humility and willingness to do the best they can. During training even Ariedo Braida urged me on. I want to thank Milan completely. My last chance? I hope I can play as long as possible here, and I'm sure this will be my last stop, there is nothing more than Milan, Milan is the best for me. Above Milan there is only the sky. It is the last chance, do not betray people. Now I will become a father, it is a very big responsibility, I have everything to avoid mistakes, I am sure that I will not be wrong because I do not betray those who have believed me. Milan can give me so much, in every way, everrything at the tactical level. I can give Milan all I can and the quality to win, because I believe that Milan are stronger than all the others. Out and out striker, support striker, I give my all. I am a second striker, but ready to give my all for a single result, to win.

I thank Sampdoria and their fans. I was loved a lot there and I thank everybody involved with the club. Then there was a certain problem but now I am very happy. Believe me, now I am delighted. Garrone? I have thanked all those involved with Sampdoria because they have a special place in my heart, but now I am happy at Milan, I now think only about Milan and talk only about Milan. I would do everything I have done in my life again except for the Capello era, because he tried all he could to help me. I regret that period, but for the rest I would do everything again. I have made many mistakes and now either I change or I change. I want to win, to do the right thing. I don’t want to dwell on the past, now I am enjoying this moment and I am focused on doing well.
Why was it only Milan who came in for me? It’s not how it was, there were many teams interested in me, also other important clubs, but as soon as I found out Milan were showing an interest in me, I told my agent Beppe Bozzo to speak to the Rossoneri because Milan are the best. I never had any doubts. I told my agent, “Let’s go there.” And now I am happy to be here.

I have an excellent relationship with everybody here. Seeing as I am not a hard worker, I like seeing how people like Seedorf, Ibra, Gattuso and Nesta train as I think to myself, “Why shouldn’t I do the same?” It is such a positive example seeing how those players train. Gattuso told me two or three things and reminded me that I have all it takes to do well here because everything is perfect. If I mess up here, I should be locked up, although I know everything will work out well. Allegri says what is on his mind. There aren’t many coaches around who go straight to the point like him. Who deserves to play, plays, with no complaints from those left out. This aspect surprised me a lot. He is an excellent coach but what struck me most is his personality. Ibra? How he trains is incredible. If you follow him, you can’t go wrong. He’s a fantastic person, the opposite of how he seems. And on the pitch he wants to win, win, win. As far as the rules go, I have to follow them, that’s the way it should be. Ibra, Pirlo, Gattuso follow the rules, so I’ll do likewise. Tognaccini is convinced that in four weeks, a month, I can improve my fitness a lot. What are the three important things I’d like to achieve at Milan? Win the Champions League, the World Club Cup and Serie A, all of which I have never won. I dream about winning something new. The past is the past.
The national team? I am certain that if I do well here, I can win back my place in the Italy team. I have great respect for Prandelli. In my moment of difficulty, he always comforted me. I want to cut out a space for me here to get back in the Italy team and do well in the national team.”

Then Adriano Galliani had this to say in particular about the transfer market:
“Developments on the transfer front? The team is ultra competitive as it is, so much so we are Winter champions. However, if a chance to improve the squad comes along, we’ll see. We are not interested in buying average players, we want to bring in players who are the same high standard as the ones we’ve already got. It is difficult for this to happen in January alone. It is difficult to find a Cassano-type player for defence or midfield. Having snapped up Cassano already makes it a positive transfer window, then we’ll see how it goes – we have until January 31st after all. Leave Mexes be, he is a Roma player and as the other clubs don’t speak about our players, I have no intention to speak about a Roma player. Criscito? I don’t believe it will happen, I don’t think so, but who knows? Let’s say we are in talks with president Preziosi.”

And commented on Leonardo: "Leonardo and I spoke on the phone the day he signed for Inter and it was a private call then and that’s how it will remain. Was Leonardo interested in signing Ronaldinho for Inter? I have no idea and even if I did know I wouldn’t say a thing.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Summary:

* Cassano says he's lazy, but guys like Ibra make him train harder. He won't mess up this chance.
* Cassano says "Only the Sky is above Milan"
* Galliani said Ronaldinho leaving and Cassano coming are NOT linked. We are mourning over loss of Ronaldinho and so we had to buy Cassano to forget it.
* Galliani said it would be hard to find a "cassano-type" signing in the positions of "midfield and defense", as we're only trying to sign "GREAT PLAYERS", not average ones.
* Criscito will be difficult but he's going to try
* Mexes is a Roma player so we will not speak about other players
* Galliani spoke to Leonardo the day he signed with Inter, but what was said will not be shared
Elmago99 is offline  
Old 14-01-2011, 14:09   #1799

Kaka1899

Registered User
 
Kaka1899's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: La terra della bella gente
Fave Players: Kakā, Andrea Pirlo and Paolo Maldini
Kaka1899 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Crisp View Post
Thats Trochowski that played in the WC for Germany right...now he is a good player fast smart skillful tracks back well and he's 25/6 get on that like white on rice.
yeah thats the guy
__________________
ALWAYS ROSSO
ALWAYS NERO
ALWAYS A ROSSONERO



San Paolo 600 Serie A Appearances Living Legend Grazie Paolo!

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Kaka1899 is offline  
Old 14-01-2011, 14:37   #1800

Jay Crisp

Registered User
 
Jay Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Cork , Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka1899 View Post
yeah thats the guy
He's a good player ..well the times ive seen him technically sound good passer tracks back , if he's out of contract and would be free go for it better than Ambro Seedorf Rino at this stage of their careers.
__________________
Somwhere in the world a woman gives birth every 90 seconds , she must be found and stopped.
Jay Crisp is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:32.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.