AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-01-2011, 16:43   #106

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
an atrocious game. the whole team lacks urgency. we didn't take the opponent seriously enough and failed to secure the game while we could. when lecce scored we all of a sudden were in trouble.

I totally don't understand why Pato was substituted. When we were leading by one goal, Pato's speed was absolutely an asset.

I believe that Inter Merda now has their fate in their own hands. We lead by 9 points but they have two games more; and we need to play them too.

Very stupid game this was.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 16:43   #107

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
I don't like blaming Allegri, because I think he does things that are very good.

But.

Seriously man? It's not so much Seedorf, I understand why he played, but, playing for the 1-0 versus one of the worst teams, is funny to me.

Our midfield was working hard, but it was clear that Gattuso was running out of gas. Great effort by him, but still, running out of gas man.

Pato was tracking back more than Seedorf and I don't see why you would take a kid who just had a brace last week, off, so that Cassano could have only one potential target, instead of two..

But the real story today was Nesta, holy hell, what was that?
my thoughts exactly
__________________
Forza Milan
Filipéz 182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 16:43   #108

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Allegri man of the game! I can't think why Seedorf played for 90 minutes. Ambro, Gattuso and Flamini were untouchable. Pure mistake from coach. We were just not good against Lecce.

Eat it Allegri!
__________________
´
If Tassotti, Baresi, Costacurta and I are going to have a coffee now, we would put us in line and keeping the space unintentionally.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 16:48   #109

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Absolutely disaster of a game. I can not believe what I just witnessed. Where's the passion? Continue like this and Inter will win the league once again.
Arildonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 16:55   #110

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
It's nice to have good strikers, and we have some decent ones. But it just doesn't work, at least not all the time, when all we do is kick a long ball up to two strikers and then stop and see what they can do. They're not that good, they need support as well.
Arildonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 16:59   #111

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
Am I the only one who is really looking forward to the last day double signing of Criscito and Lazzarri right now? Neither is what you would consider world class but both would add so much more to this team right now. Not that I really want to defend Allegri but he is running out of options in the midfield and backline. Seedorf and Bonera has to play because we don't have anyone else available.
slifersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 17:00   #112

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
I feel that I can't really blame Bonera, Seedorf or Amelia for this loss, but you know, those three stooges really brought bad luck. We just can't win games with them.

Abate was great though. It is so good to see him grow by day.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 17:01   #113

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
Honestly though, we're playing a relegation team, how dynamic of a game were we going to get? It was not even at San Siro, which means that, it was certain to be an ugly game.

I don't really see any other way to have started this game, I think the question was really about the management of our substitutions that is what got me.

I'm actually leaning towards being a pro-Allegri guy, but, there are games like this, where subs need to be made, that make me think twice. There's no point in being cautious and conservative without actually implementing those orders. I mean, if you really wanted to preserve your 1-0 lead, then take our Seedorf for Strasser and let the midfield destroy and kick up to Cassano-Ibra for a counter attack.

But that's not what happened, our midfield ran out of gas, and most bizarrely, Nesta had one of the worst games I've ever seen him play. Honestly, I've been watching him for years and I can't remember him playing that poorly before. I mean, he's entitled to a bad game, I'm just saying.

That being said, I think the injuries, also, are showing their affects. I mean, KPB, Pirlo, and Robinho are critical, mostly Boateng and Pirlo. I think its funny that when we are missing players we tend to underplay that fact, but if we beat other teams without their important players, then we say that's the only reason why.

Anyways, I guess Allegri needs to have a good, hard look at what he's doing. But it's also injuries that are forcing him to play Seedorf. I guess he just didn't feel like Strasser or Merkel could handle this sort of pressure, and Seedorf was close to pulling some rabbit out of his hat without that shot at the end, so who knows?

More importantly, I think our question for full backs has been narrowed to a LB. I mean, the growth of Abate has been incredible. Criscito can be on our left-hand side and those are our starting FBs, end of.
Samaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 17:04   #114

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd View Post
Am I the only one who is really looking forward to the last day double signing of Criscito and Lazzarri right now? Neither is what you would consider world class but both would add so much more to this team right now. Not that I really want to defend Allegri but he is running out of options in the midfield and backline. Seedorf and Bonera has to play because we don't have anyone else available.
those two won't be enough, i am afraid, but yes, I would welcome them with open arms.

lastly, I don't think that we were running out of options for this particular game. bonera doesn't have to play; seedorf doesn't have to play; nobody has to play; the coach chooses whom to play.

I must be awfully naive - at first, I thought that Allegri was showing support to Seedorf, so he played him particularly after the fans fiercely booed him in the last game, but when he actually stayed the entire game, I knew that it was not a pity call. it is just stupid.

players like seedorf must have something special. I just wish I knew what.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 17:07   #115

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
those two won't be enough, i am afraid, but yes, I would welcome them with open arms.

lastly, I don't think that we were running out of options for this particular game. bonera doesn't have to play; seedorf doesn't have to play; nobody has to play; the coach chooses whom to play.

I must be awfully naive - at first, I thought that Allegri was showing support to Seedorf, so he played him particularly after the fans fiercely booed him in the last game, but when he actually stayed the entire game, I knew that it was not a pity call. it is just stupid.

players like seedorf must have something special. I just wish I knew what.

Well, I've always suspected that. This team would rather get rid of its World Players of the Year players than him over the years. Somebody's gotta love him for some reason. Im not sure I really wanna know why though.
slifersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 17:16   #116

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd View Post
Well, I've always suspected that. This team would rather get rid of its World Players of the Year players than him over the years. Somebody's gotta love him for some reason. Im not sure I really wanna know why though.
there are some theories related to some dirty jokes but I won't go there.

This was a bad week. I just revisited all the game results: Juventus scored their winner at 80'; Lazio scored their winner at 84'; Roma scored their winner at 89'; we were equalized at 82'.

I think it is time for Galliani to propose that all games stop at 80'. I know that he has the power (to propose). Wasn't he the one that proposed hitting the post was worth half a goal a few seasons back when we were hitting goal posts like crazy?

anyway, time to move on. stupid game. Allegri does need to learn how to make better subs.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 17:23   #117

shegs

Registered User
 
shegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Fave Players: Shevchenko, Ronaldo and Bergkamp.
shegs is on a distinguished road
slept through the game, but from the mood here it seems I spent my time wisely... Mr. Allegri needs to start making some smart subs cos this is getting ridiculous. Week in, week out, he keeps making these weird subs that make you wonder what goes on in his brain. I can't wait for our shellacking at the hands of Merda and Spurs...
__________________
Allegri's like a chess player; patient & deep-thinking.... Mourinho is incisive precise and cut-throat. Like a sniper.
shegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 18:04   #118

Codino

Registered User
 
Codino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: Sydney
Fave Players: Van Basten, Baggio
Codino is on a distinguished road
disappointing, i know. But we need to understand the way Lecce lined up. The only way to penetrate teams like that is counter attacks, or getting behind the back from the wing (but that is a low percentage tactic). The more passes we made, the easier it was for lecce to stay narrow and cram the last 25 yards.

Abate put on a fantastic show, putting the ball past players, tackling brilliantly. He has Gattusso's Grinta and the speed of a horse.

Pato was off today, so he didnt warrant to stay on. Seedorf is better suited to coaching, but given his wonderful history with this club, he TOTALLY DESERVED this last chance, even though he didn't take it. Im sure now he will be fazed out of the squad.
__________________
the freewheelin'
Codino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 18:36   #119

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
An infuriating result but in fairness quite possibly the right one given our poor attitude to the match. The reason we are top this season is our attitude and approach to matches but in this match we didn't have the same hunger and discipline.

Tactically this wasn't a great game. Both teams essentially played 4-3-1-2 and canceled each other out. Lecce obviously played as deep as possible hoping to hit on the counter whilst we tried to be patient in possession. This resulted in the staleamate we saw in the first half.

The second half was an improvement as we pressed more quickly and tried to stretch lecce, mainly on the right. As both teams were narrow it meant abate had freedom to drive forward and did a fantastic job.

The deadlock broke with some magic from ibra but we relaxed and made a number of mistakes and conceded far too many corners. As is often the case we were duly punished.

Maybe allegri could have changed things for the better but for me we were punished because we didn't have the hunger and tactical discipline we showed in the first half of the season. In possession we were sloppy and we left far too much space to be exploited.

Allegri does need to sort this out asap but I am also convinced we will see improvements soon as players return to match fitness or from injury. Until then we may need a little patience.

Players...

Amelia - one great save but poor with his feet
Abate - man of the match no doubt. Pushed forward superbly and brilliant in defence
Nesta - mixed as he made some key tackles but often caught out. Poor marking on the goal, though i think there was a lot of confusion anyway
Thiago - solid in general but also had slack moments
Bonera - better than last week but offered nothing going forward
Rino - worked hard though I thought he was caught out position too often
Ambro - failed to stamp his authority and showed a lack of character which has been key this year
Flamini - not at all match sharp after returning from injury
Seedorf - didn't do much beyond a couple of nice passes. Clealy lacking confidence at the moment
Ibra - tried to dominate but often struggled. Still had a moment of pure genius
Pato - struggled with the lack of space and often complicated simple moves
Cassano - added a spark to the side which was needed. Unfortunately it wasn't enough
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 19:09   #120

Codino

Registered User
 
Codino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: Sydney
Fave Players: Van Basten, Baggio
Codino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shegs View Post
slept through the game, but from the mood here it seems I spent my time wisely... Mr. Allegri needs to start making some smart subs cos this is getting ridiculous. Week in, week out, he keeps making these weird subs that make you wonder what goes on in his brain. I can't wait for our shellacking at the hands of Merda and Spurs...
It was the same last year with Leonardo if you remember. Because players are fitter these days, Coaches make less subs, and wait even longer to introduce players. You will find this trend with many big teams.

Im with you, i dont like it either, but its the way this game is evolving.
__________________
the freewheelin'
Codino is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:06.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.