AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-12-2010, 15:08   #121

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
To say we can't beat any of the top sides is a bit of an exaggeration. We've played 8 of the top 10 sides in Serie A (Udinese we have yet to play and can't face ourselves) and have won against 4 of them, drawn 2 and lost 2.

We beat Napoli and Inter, two big teams and Palermo who have caused us lots of problems in recent years and have become one of Italy's more prominent sides. The draw against Sampdoria really deserved a victory and the same could be said against Lazio, which was before Allegri had even found the balance in the side.

Against both Juve and Roma we were really the better side on the pitch but failed to take our chances and then recover after going behind. There is naturally disappointment that we lost these matches in this way, but we don't need to make more of it than necessary.

The only big team we've faced this season that I felt we were inferior to was Real, who we were seconds away from beating.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 17:08   #122

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Just finished watching Real Madrid vs. Sevilla. I only watched the final 30 minutes or so. Real Madrid won 1-0 despite having one player down. Got to admit that Mourinho is a very good coach. Granted, Real Madrid has quality players but Real Madrid kept attacking until the very end which had to do with the coach. And once they took the lead, while everyone was celebrating, Mourinho immediately arranged for the substitution. It was evident that he has a plan, thinks quickly, and is a great motivator on top of those.

I really hate his guts though, but to be fair, I think he is a top-notch coach these days. I am just happy that there is a certain team FC Barcelona in Spain that could kill his ego.

I don't see him coming to Milan at all. He is that type of coach that will demand all authority which Berlusconi will not tolerate. Otherwise, it would be interesting.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 12:57   #123

Sputnik

Registered User
 
Sputnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Location: Rotterdam
Fave Players: Marco Van Basten
Sputnik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
To say we can't beat any of the top sides is a bit of an exaggeration. We've played 8 of the top 10 sides in Serie A (Udinese we have yet to play and can't face ourselves) and have won against 4 of them, drawn 2 and lost 2.

We beat Napoli and Inter, two big teams and Palermo who have caused us lots of problems in recent years and have become one of Italy's more prominent sides. The draw against Sampdoria really deserved a victory and the same could be said against Lazio, which was before Allegri had even found the balance in the side.

Against both Juve and Roma we were really the better side on the pitch but failed to take our chances and then recover after going behind. There is naturally disappointment that we lost these matches in this way, but we don't need to make more of it than necessary.

The only big team we've faced this season that I felt we were inferior to was Real, who we were seconds away from beating.
True, i think. Plus, this season we look more comfortable with mid-table teams and that means less heartaches in a Sunday afternoon vs. let's say Bologna. The loss vs Roma was bad but in a way can teach us some things. Like the defensive ineptitude of Seedorf, but again, we all know that already.
Sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 15:37   #124

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCmilano View Post
Hey Allegri fans. Roma, Juve @ home losses. How is this coach so amazing? Seedorf looked great and brilliant move to put in R80 at the 85 min .


Fk this coach. What a douche.
Then fk and sack Leo after 4-0 derby loss.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 19:08   #125

OCmilano

Registered User
 
OCmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Southern California
Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
Then fk and sack Leo after 4-0 derby loss.
Hey ZB I know you are not a stupid person. Leo vs Allegri is not fair (especially with the player diffrence) Jose vs Benitez is something I would understans (same players from last year)

Why dont you open up a thread called I love Allegri and never want to sack him and show your love there.
__________________
ROBINHO TIME
OCmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 00:27   #126

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCmilano View Post
Hey ZB I know you are not a stupid person. Leo vs Allegri is not fair (especially with the player diffrence) Jose vs Benitez is something I would understans (same players from last year)

Why dont you open up a thread called I love Allegri and never want to sack him and show your love there.
Yeah, Leo vs Allegri is not fair, considering the one was never coaching any clubs or youth team before in charge of Milan, and the other one was two-times Serie A Manager of the Year.

Not to compare two coaches because they don't have same players in their disposal is nonsense. By that logic, asking whether Allegri could withstand Inter in last year derby with exactly same players as Leo's is as unfair as asking whether Leo can get to the pole position in winter if only he had Ibra, Robinho, and Boateng.

Okay, sack him, sack him now, I don't care if we can't find any suitable coach, or if it means we'll look like a moron by sacking our coach after we finally become campione d'inferno after 7 years long, or if it means we're being ungrateful. What do you expect from him? Finish Serie A with 38 wins out of 38 matches?

Honestly... talking of sacking coach WHEN WE'RE ON TOP, and NOT IN DANGER OF BEING KICKED OUT OF CL? If you're talking about sacking a coach of a defending champion who's currently 13 points off the pace in league, and not even in CL zone, and could only finish 2nd in a CL group they're expected to top... then I can understand.

I'm not in love with him, I'm in love with the team I support the most and everything inside it. Think clearly and let's talk about sacking him when Tottenham kick our a$$es out of CL in February, or we suffered 5 straight defeats after New Year.

But NOT now.

OCMilano, you won't be THAT stupid, won't you?
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 06:21   #127

Sputnik

Registered User
 
Sputnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Location: Rotterdam
Fave Players: Marco Van Basten
Sputnik is on a distinguished road
Come on guys. Allegri might not have convinced the world yet that he is the messiah but fire him? Are we really having this discussion? Yes, he makes mistakes. Like most coaches do. Yes, he may be obsessive at times. Like for instance (and not necessarily because i am Greek myself) i can't understand why Papa has been distinctively marginalized after just ONE terrible game.
Still. He is the coach. So far Max Allegri guided this team through the CL groups and in case we are too familiar with the latter, the 3 point lead in Seria A just before Xmas break, plus a win vs Inter, both can secure Allegri's job, at least for a bit more, don't you think?

And yes, he lost two derbies (Roma/Juve) but in both games Milan were not actually worse than the opponent.

I mean, come on. He never said he was Gandalf for god's shake.
We are top of the table, we are through the CL next round, facing a team that we actually might have a chance beating and personally, i think we play better and more attractive football than last year.

Sometimes i disagree with Allegri's choices. But sack the man?
That would be insane.
Sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 10:14   #128

OCmilano

Registered User
 
OCmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Southern California
Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
Come on guys. Allegri might not have convinced the world yet that he is the messiah but fire him? Are we really having this discussion? Yes, he makes mistakes. Like most coaches do. Yes, he may be obsessive at times. Like for instance (and not necessarily because i am Greek myself) i can't understand why Papa has been distinctively marginalized after just ONE terrible game.
Still. He is the coach. So far Max Allegri guided this team through the CL groups and in case we are too familiar with the latter, the 3 point lead in Seria A just before Xmas break, plus a win vs Inter, both can secure Allegri's job, at least for a bit more, don't you think?

And yes, he lost two derbies (Roma/Juve) but in both games Milan were not actually worse than the opponent.

I mean, come on. He never said he was Gandalf for god's shake.
We are top of the table, we are through the CL next round, facing a team that we actually might have a chance beating and personally, i think we play better and more attractive football than last year.

Sometimes i disagree with Allegri's choices. But sack the man?
That would be insane.
I hope Im wrong. I will admit it if he wins the Seria A I'll apologize to everyone for being a pessimist about this coach.

But non of you run away into your closets if he fks up.

Deal?
__________________
ROBINHO TIME
OCmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 10:30   #129

Sputnik

Registered User
 
Sputnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Location: Rotterdam
Fave Players: Marco Van Basten
Sputnik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCmilano View Post
I hope Im wrong. I will admit it if he wins the Seria A I'll apologize to everyone for being a pessimist about this coach.

But non of you run away into your closets if he fks up.

Deal?
Deal. Besides, i have no intention to "run away in my closet" if Allegri fails to do his job. I won't be the one responsible. I didn't even say he is a great coach. I just said that it's not common to sack a coach when his team is still alive and kicking in their two major competitions. Plus, i think his attitude so far is more than decent.

I don't know whether Allegri will fk it up or no. I hope not. Still, if he does, i will be more than happy to admit it. We are not prophets here. We express opinion.

Sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 12:06   #130

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Folks, please take a moment to think about this when you have the chance. All of us are in this for the decision:

http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26762

Thanks
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 14:17   #131

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCmilano View Post
I hope Im wrong. I will admit it if he wins the Seria A I'll apologize to everyone for being a pessimist about this coach.

But non of you run away into your closets if he fks up.

Deal?
don't worry, nobody is running away from anybody. I have been here for years, so feel free to shoot at me whenever you need.

I am sure that deep down you want to deliver that apology at the end of season.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 16:35   #132

OCmilano

Registered User
 
OCmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Southern California
Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
don't worry, nobody is running away from anybody. I have been here for years, so feel free to shoot at me whenever you need.

I am sure that deep down you want to deliver that apology at the end of season.


Whats up Bud? How is everything?

I thought of you today while watching the lecce game.

Goooooooooooooooooo Allegri!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
ROBINHO TIME
OCmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 17:07   #133

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCmilano View Post
Whats up Bud? How is everything?

I thought of you today while watching the lecce game.

Goooooooooooooooooo Allegri!!!!!!!!!!
what the **** is that? I thought of you too when watching that lecce game.

forza milan!!!
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 17:15   #134

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
LOL. You guys didn't watch the game and were only thinking each other?

Well, I still disagree with the topic of this thread but if Allegri doesn't start thinking how to make a good Milan team (like before Pirlo played as LCM for the first time), his position COULD be in question. We were lucky against Cagliari since we just played bad game, similar performance against Udinese in San Siro and poor game against Lecce. There were injuries and suspensions but Milan should play better (and get more points than just lucky 4 points).
__________________
´
If Tassotti, Baresi, Costacurta and I are going to have a coffee now, we would put us in line and keeping the space unintentionally.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 17:29   #135

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
LOL. You guys didn't watch the game and were only thinking each other?

Well, I still disagree with the topic of this thread but if Allegri doesn't start thinking how to make a good Milan team (like before Pirlo played as LCM for the first time), his position COULD be in question. We were lucky against Cagliari since we just played bad game, similar performance against Udinese in San Siro and poor game against Lecce. There were injuries and suspensions but Milan should play better (and get more points than just lucky 4 points).
I just knew that someone would come back to this thread. that's all.

Anyway, I think you pretty much said what I wanted to say. I agree that Allegri did a poor job in the past 4 games. In no way, 5 points out of 4 games would be acceptable for a team with ambition on Scudetto. But it is still premature to sack him.

I still insist that we come back to this thread until the end of season. everything will be so clear by then.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:30.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.