![]() |
|
|
#1876 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
![]() |
Watching Brazilīs NT game last night(South America U-20 and Olympic Quali.) someone said on TV that 30 Europeans Clubs were represented at the VIP gallery... Some were scouts, but the guy said Milan and Chelsea(and others clubs) had directors there... anyone know who is the director representing Milan?
|
|
|
|
|
#1877 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
![]() |
Who were the players that shined the most in that game Brasiliero?
Milan & Genoa have agreed a free on Criscito according to Milannews. I thought of last summer how we were linked with players like Fabiano, Huntelaar, Borriello and ended up with Ibrahimovic and Robinho, I was hoping for the same thing to happen this January but now we are getting the ever-so-mediocre Criscito, probably for a crazy free. I think Preziosi has been ripping Galliani apart in terms of negotiations. We got Sokratis for 6m plus co-ownership of Odu, Zigoni, and Strasser. We then had loaned Boateng from then, and then bought half contract by trading Beretta's 50%. When the time comes that we have to pay for all these contract we will really be screwed. He will be asking like 6 million for half of Strasser's contract alone, and he never even payed for his 50% nor will he ever meet Strasser. At first I thought all these 50% co-ownerships might have been a good idea, but I really can't see it turning out to be good for Milan in any way. Anyway, Criscito is probably going to be sold to us for 12m euro, which is INSANELY ridiculous for the next overrated average Italian defender (adds to the list of Zaccardo, Barzagli, Bocchetti, Gambarini). We really should have gone for Coentrao, we needed a new Maicon in our fullback spots, the portugese player was just what we wanted, even if we needed to splash 20m on him, he would be worth it. I'm really disappointed we are going for Criscito, especially if the price is rumored to be at least 10m. |
|
|
|
|
#1878 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
![]() |
I think Milan has actually been ripping off Genoa. I thought Papa is an co ownership deal. Prince was a straight out transfer for Milan but due to non eu, he is a Genoa player in name only.
|
|
|
|
|
#1879 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
![]() |
Papa was 6.1million + co-ownership of Odumadai, Zigoni, Strasser, we have his full ownership.
Prince (who is German) was bought by Genoa from Portsmouth by 6m, and he was loaned to us for 1.5million, and we have the right to buy him next summer, for an amount that would be negotiated then. After Milan liked what they saw with Prince, they traded 50% of Beretta for 50% of Prince. |
|
|
|
|
#1880 | ||
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
![]() |
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoAzb...eature=related But the first game is always hard for young kids. But I ilked the 2 CBīs. Quote:
I picked up several "fights" here because I was all for Milan to buy Alex and there was that "italian squad", saying that Bonera, Ferrari(yep, Ferrari!!) were better options than Alex, because they were Italians CBīs. The next Italian great defenders!!Bonera and Ferrari ![]() I think 8/10 millions is fair to Criscito since he is Italian(EU issue). Iīm not that sold on Coentrao at 20 millions. Itīs a lot of money for a work in progress. Marcelo was bought for 3 million euros. Just saying... |
||
|
|
|
|
#1881 |
|
Administrator
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
![]() ![]() ![]() |
Prince was born in Berlin, there is no Robinho type confusion for Prince.
I have posted before that I think co-ownership deals are pointless and useless, both on the pitch and even financially...I have seen nothing to change my mind. Considering our need Criscito would be good but not great transfer.
__________________
aka rezag |
|
|
|
|
#1882 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2010
![]() |
Bonera was never good a world class defender and however Ferrari at Parma was impressive, after failing at inter, then Roma signed him then he failed at there as well...
Regarding Criscito, i didnt like what i read today in newspapers, especially in La Gazzetta dello sport, 5m euros+Merkel(co-ownership) for Criscito's co-ownership. Merkel is an interesting player, he has many plus, he has a bright future, just 18 years old, he can be a box to box player for our first 11 soon. He just need playing with regularity with a Serie A side. Unfortunately in Serie A he only can get great minutes only in co-ownership deals. Cristian Eriksen is one of the players i would like to have at Milan, amazing young player, ideal player to replace Seedorf. Lets not forget we won champions with Kaladze and Simic as wing backs, yet he gave up on scudetto in that year. we need width for Serie A, so i'd rather to have Coentraro. And However Criscito is an upgrade over Antonini, solid defensively and good and dymanic FB in offense. he can further improve offensively. it seems Braida watched Lyon's Lorient game live. Cissokho or Bastos. Last edited by abbeyleemaniac; 18-01-2011 at 14:25. |
|
|
|
|
#1883 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
![]() |
From what I've seen here and also read elsewhere, Genoa is certainly making money off of all these deals. Sokratis could turn out to be a failure and end up somewhere else, and Genoa got 6.1 Million for him, plus other co-ownerships. Boateng I'm assuming is already paid off?.. and depending on how Strasser and Beretta perform in coming years, that could up our price we paid for Boateng....if my understanding is correct.
In regards to Criscito, he's better than Antonini, no doubt. He's a more natural defender, not a Midfielder turned LB (even though he has no Left Foot)..... However, most of us, me included, wanted Coentrao. He performed well at the World Cup under pressure, can attack, is technical, and showed pretty good defensive understanding, and can improve. When you have Antonini and Bonera occupying LB spot, you can't get worse at defending ...I'm sure Coentrao could do better and A LOT better at attacking and crossing. For 8 Million more than Criscito, I think it would be worth it to call Rui Costa and ....I look at Flamini as Gattuso's replacement, Strasser as Ambrosini's, Merkel as Seedorf's, Boateng and Lazzari as offering something different from Pirlo. However, we still lack ACM, and I hope there's more talk of it this transfer window and Seedorf in that spot is just not working....it's as if we're beating ourselves ![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1884 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2010
![]() |
Braida Bastos, Galliani Criscito and Ziegler. i wonder who the real target for Milan, and however why didnt we link with Coentraro?
Eriksen is what we need for midfield. |
|
|
|
|
#1885 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2010
Location: Toronto
Fave Players: Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Pirlo
![]() |
neymar is ****ing amazing .. whichever club gets him is extremely extremely lucky thats world player of the year guarentee right there holy..
|
|
|
|
|
#1886 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Fave Players: Shevchenko, Ronaldo and Bergkamp.
![]() |
Michel Bastos? The Brazilian who doesn't play like one. who needs this guy? I agree with Geo, this dude can't be a better defensive option than Luca... Now Contreao, that's a man after my heart. He might not be much of a defender but I absolutely believe he can and will be an upgrade over Luca. 20 million is a lot of money maybe a swap deal with one of the youngsters or most of the dead-wood would reduce the fee.
__________________
Allegri's like a chess player; patient & deep-thinking.... Mourinho is incisive precise and cut-throat. Like a sniper. Last edited by shegs; 18-01-2011 at 16:04. |
|
|
|
|
#1887 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
![]() |
I must be the only one, even if I don't like this co-ownership system, to think that if we can use some of our young players to get some more established players cheaply, it's a good thing ...
The fact is that none of our current young players (actually, as the current generation was an improvement over the previous one, I think the next generation of Primavera players will be more interesting as it seems we really start to work seriously with them) seems good enough to turn into a WC player. Yeah, Merkel and Strasser showed good and promising things, they showed talent, but I don't see any of them, given their current level, making it into our first team sooner or later. They could become good squad players, not regular first team players IMO. And actually, I don't care giving half of their contracts (which means we still own them, and can take them back, we're more powerful than clubs like Genoa) if that means that we will try to get established, experienced and/or WC players in a soon future ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead. So we should stop bashing Juventus ... ![]() Serie A Fantasy League The topic on MM The avatar to use by MM members |
|
|
|
|
#1888 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
![]() |
About Coentrao, don't forget something: Real Madrid wants him, the coach of Madrid is Mourinho (who manages to create stars), he's a Portuguese, he's a god in his country, and what is the nationality of Coentrao ?
Just because of Mourinho, I think Real Madrid has 99% more chances than us to get Coentrao ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead. So we should stop bashing Juventus ... ![]() Serie A Fantasy League The topic on MM The avatar to use by MM members |
|
|
|
|
#1889 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 09 1999
Location: Twin Peaks, SF, CA, USA
Fave Players: the Under-12s
![]() |
__________________
All the cutest puppies support AC Milan. |
|
|
|
|
#1890 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: Sydney
Fave Players: Van Basten, Baggio
![]() |
No matter which one comes in (Zeigler, Criscito) it looks like our left back woes will be sorted by the end of the Transfer window. FINALLY.
Although i would be much happier with Zeigler, who looks the real deal and has fantastic technique, And if Juventus turned down Criscito, maybe he is just not good enough (Even though i think he is a very good and versatile player)? Im surprised Taiwo's name hasn't been mentioned. weren't we after him at the start of the year?
__________________
the freewheelin' |
|
|