AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-12-2010, 16:55   #661

JuanShoe

Registered User
 
JuanShoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2008
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Van Basten, Weah, Nesta, Sheva
JuanShoe is on a distinguished road
Oh and Marco Baldan, one for the future? Apparently taken into the Italy U18 squad despite being 16
__________________
Bring back the Hunter!
JuanShoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 18:24   #662

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
Quick question for those who know about the youth: Who is a better prospect - Calavano or Fossati?
As far as I know both plays in different positions. Fossati is said a creative midfielder while Calvano is a defensive or centre midfielder. Unfortunately I never watched both play since both are new this season to our Primavera. Fossati has been bought by Milan from Inter along with other two young players who play in small team (I forgot their names). Fossati was bought for 5 mil euros, that's what I read somewhere. So, Fossati is PROBABLY a more prospect player than Calvano. I only use the price as the indicator to make the previous statement.

Buldan I never heard before.

It's very difficult to know young players since no live streaming of their games. We can only watched the highlights. Maybe someone who lives in Milan and watches the games there should be able to give much more accurate reviews.
__________________
´
If Tassotti, Baresi, Costacurta and I are going to have a coffee now, we would put us in line and keeping the space unintentionally.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 22:52   #663

Lebanese

Registered User
 
Lebanese's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
I just noticed on acmilan.com, that merkel is now movied from primvera to first team page, does this mean a midfielder is moving out soon and we promoted merkel, Seedorf maybe?
__________________
Quote:
" ...I'm sure this will be my last stop, there is nothing more than Milan, Milan is the best for me. Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
Lebanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2010, 05:20   #664

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese View Post
I just noticed on acmilan.com, that merkel is now movied from primvera to first team page, does this mean a midfielder is moving out soon and we promoted merkel, Seedorf maybe?
I don't think so. Maybe he is promoted because he played against Ajax. Well, he should be listed in our fist team squad since he along Stasser and Odumadi were players who played quite a lot in our friendly games.

Let's hope it is just a good sign that he will get chances in Serie A.
__________________
´
If Tassotti, Baresi, Costacurta and I are going to have a coffee now, we would put us in line and keeping the space unintentionally.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2010, 10:44   #665

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Milan is qualified in semi-finals of the Primavera Italian Cup ...

The team beat Citadella 5-2 in the second leg (2-0 at the first leg).

The starting team was: Di Fabio, De Sciglio, De Vito, Albertazzi, Santonocito, Pasini, Verdi, Bertoni, Ganz, Fossati, Carmona

Goalscorers: Fossati (assisted by Carmona), Ganz (assisted by Fossati), Verdi, Ganz, Gaeta (who replaced Santonocito at the start of the first half)

I didn't see the game, I just read what happened on TMW ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 07:54   #666

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
It seems that Baretta is still injured. Good that Primavera won big in the second leg of Primavera Italian Cup!
__________________
´
If Tassotti, Baresi, Costacurta and I are going to have a coffee now, we would put us in line and keeping the space unintentionally.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 09:43   #667

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Two of our youngsters had their own article on TMW:
- Merkel wants a professional contract before the end of the season because he feels he is ready to join the first team
- Fossati said he wants more good results like the last one with the Primavera, he wants to win titles with the team and his main goal of the season is to start to be included in the first team before the end of the season

Our young players are ambitious and probably feel there will be some change in our team during the next summer, so they probably think (and are probably right) that it will be now or never for them to join the first team ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 09:50   #668

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Two of our youngsters had their own article on TMW:
- Merkel wants a professional contract before the end of the season because he feels he is ready to join the first team
- Fossati said he wants more good results like the last one with the Primavera, he wants to win titles with the team and his main goal of the season is to start to be included in the first team before the end of the season

Our young players are ambitious and probably feel there will be some change in our team during the next summer, so they probably think (and are probably right) that it will be now or never for them to join the first team ...
Fossati is the most I want to see. His price encourages me to keep faith on him.

We have seen pretty rarely a creative midfielder given chances in the first team player.

About their contract, I just hope that it won't be like Alberatazzi. I heard that he rejected to be loaned out since he thinks that he is ready to jump into the first team squad. I might understand the news wrongly or I forgot the case exactly.
__________________
´
If Tassotti, Baresi, Costacurta and I are going to have a coffee now, we would put us in line and keeping the space unintentionally.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 21:34   #669

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Article on football-italia on our very own Simone Verdi. I'll post the first bit then you'll can see the rest at: http://football-italia.net/scouting/verdi.html

Quote:
Simone Verdi
Date of birth: July 12, 1992
Club: Milan
Height: 1.710m Weight: 62kg
Nationality: Italian
Position: Trequartista / second striker / winger
Physical attributes...
Simone Verdi has been generating praise and followers over the past couple of years, excelling in Milan’s Primavera side and threatening to break into the first team set-up.

Physically not the tallest or the strongest, Verdi is sleight in frame, weighing lighter than Inter’s Philippe Coutinho, who is the same height, and only slightly heavier than the shorter Sebastian Giovinco. Verdi counters this current weakness with sharp pace and good balance. His running technique in possession is similar to that of Ricky Kaka, and just like the former Milan favourite, seemingly possesses ‘pace within a pace’, able to deceive defenders with sheer energy at top speed.

Technical attributes...
The 18-year-old’s style of play has drawn early comparisons to those of Brazilian footballers, his flicks and quick touches earning the nickname Verdinho. Predominantly right-footed but not afraid to use his left, whilst Verdi’s touch with a ball, particularly in full-flight running at defenders, closely resembles Kaka’s movement in a Milan shirt, the comparison is also favourable with Verdi’s ability and composure in front of goal, particularly from distance.

The player is confident in front of goal and last season formed a strong understanding with forwards Alexander Merkel and Gianmarco Zigoni, as well as regularly linking up through midfield with Rodney Strasser. The 2009-10 Primavera season saw Verdi net 16 times in League and Cup, as well as provide numerous assists.

Verdi’s tricks on the ball are not just for show, using clever footwork and accurate judgment to efficiently link-up with other players and maintain, if not generate, pace in attacking moves. He also strikes a mean free-kick. However, his physical attributes are currently one thing holding him back from the first team proper. Poor in the air, Verdi could find himself bullied out of games if he shows complacency on the ball.

...
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 21:59   #670

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
Fossati is the most I want to see. His price encourages me to keep faith on him.

We have seen pretty rarely a creative midfielder given chances in the first team player.

About their contract, I just hope that it won't be like Alberatazzi. I heard that he rejected to be loaned out since he thinks that he is ready to jump into the first team squad. I might understand the news wrongly or I forgot the case exactly.
I am excited with this boy too. He reminds me of Pirlo, even his sleepy looks.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:12   #671

sikander

Registered User
 
Join Date: 01 2011
Location: usa
Fave Players: messi
sikander is on a distinguished road
Its time for the youth to replace the old . We need to give the young exposure at the right time so they learn new skills for the level .
sikander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 21:25   #672

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
After yesterday’s victory over Cesena, Milan were immediately back to work this morning. The squad was divided into two groups, with one training on the field and the other in the gym. Tomorrow, the Rossoneri will go through their last training session ahead of the Italian Cup encounter against Sampdoria.

(IN THE PHOTO Alexandre Pato at Milanello today)

MILANELLO - The day after Milan’s 2-0 win against Cesena, coach Allegri’s team immediately began preparation for its upcoming game against Sampdoria. The Italian Cup clash is scheduled for 17.30 CET, Wednesday.

The Rossoneri gathered at Milanello at 11.30 CET to start practising at 12.00 CET.

The squad was divided into two groups: Pato, Oddo, Jankulovski, Oduamadi, Calvano and Rodrigo Ely trained on the field, beginning the session with some warm-up and stretching, followed by a series of crossing and shooting drills.

The rest of the players did loosening exercises in the gym.

Netminders Roma and Di Fabio trained on the field under the guidance of fitness coaches.

At 12.25 CET, new Milan signing Urby Emanuelson arrived at Milanello in the company of club driver Antonio Cipolletta.

Coach Allegri’s pre-game press conference before the Sampdoria-Milan Italian Cup game is scheduled for 13.30 CET tomorrow, while players are expected to gather at Milanello at 14.30 CET to start training at 15.00 CET.

source: www.acmilan.com
I am confused why Ely is training with first team. Calvano in the first team is logic since we run out of midfielders. Someone said that Calvano was on the bench against Cesena even he were not called up (1-2 days before the game) or he were not in the squad list released a day or two before the game. I don't know when the coach brought him since Gattuso seemed getting injured in the last minutes. Maybe Allegri called him a couple of hours before the game started?

Back to Ely, this kid has ony play in some games with Primavera since he could not play in Primavera competition which means he lacked of games but is now training for the first team? He probably in first team squad right now due to the injuries of midfielders that forced (and will force) Silva play as DM that makes no substitute for CB except Bonera (maybe Bonera is already set by Allegri to play only as fullback )? But why not Albertazzi for example?

At the end I am glad he trains with the seniors but still I am confused. He (his quality) is like mystery. Still no clue about him except from the training video he did along with Fossati and Calvano a week or two weeks ago.
__________________
´
If Tassotti, Baresi, Costacurta and I are going to have a coffee now, we would put us in line and keeping the space unintentionally.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 04:21   #673

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I know Rodrigo Ely is a very highly rated prospect and it looks like he will be considered for the first team squad in the future. I also remember a Brazilian market analyst speaking of him very highly, saying he has the potential to be better than Thiago Silva. I don't know a lot about him, but this might explain why he trains with the senior squad.

Also, Calvano is said to be one of our best/brightest players in the primavera along with Fossati.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 15:19   #674

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
I know Rodrigo Ely is a very highly rated prospect and it looks like he will be considered for the first team squad in the future. I also remember a Brazilian market analyst speaking of him very highly, saying he has the potential to be better than Thiago Silva. I don't know a lot about him, but this might explain why he trains with the senior squad.

Also, Calvano is said to be one of our best/brightest players in the primavera along with Fossati.
Yeah, players you described were called and trained with the senior team one or two weeks ago. They looked promising (there are videos about them playing together with the seniors, Fossati teamed with Merkel vs Calvano with Ely.

Well, I just surprised with Ely. Calvano came last year but didn't manage to be first team player for Primavera last year but Ely never played Primavera games (except other games like friendlies or tournament games (non Italy competition) and manages to train with first team of Milan.

I read some rated him high like you said but he probably never played for the first team in Brasil which makes hard to evaluate him (including our Brazilian scout, Brasileiro has no clue about this kid ). I was also confused why Stroppa never used him since we signed him officially seeing how bad Pasini played (the game I watch). That (called to the first team) might be the reason.

I hope to see him play tomorrow! Calvano too! He seemed a different type compared with Strasser and Merkel.
__________________
´
If Tassotti, Baresi, Costacurta and I are going to have a coffee now, we would put us in line and keeping the space unintentionally.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.