AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-01-2011, 05:17   #16

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Zarate, Rocchi & Floccari can't play, so our "new" defense will have less pressure.
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 11:47   #17

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
These are the 20 Rossoneri squad for tomorrow:

Abbiati, Roma,
Antonini, Bonera, Didac Vilà (n.35), Jankulovski, Legrottaglie (n.66), Oddo, Papastathopoulos, Thiago Silva, Yepes,
Calvano (n.54), Emanuelson, Flamini, Merkel,
Cassano, Ibrahimovic, Oduamadi, Pato, Robinho.

Players Out: Amelia, Abate, Nesta, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Boateng, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Strasser, Inzaghi.

Disqualified: Van Bommel.
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 12:08   #18

Sputnik

Registered User
 
Sputnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Location: Rotterdam
Fave Players: Marco Van Basten
Sputnik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio View Post
These are the 20 Rossoneri squad for tomorrow:

Abbiati, Roma,
Antonini, Bonera, Didac Vilà (n.35), Jankulovski, Legrottaglie (n.66), Oddo, Papastathopoulos, Thiago Silva, Yepes,
Calvano (n.54), Emanuelson, Flamini, Merkel,
Cassano, Ibrahimovic, Oduamadi, Pato, Robinho.

Players Out: Amelia, Abate, Nesta, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Boateng, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Strasser, Inzaghi.

Disqualified: Van Bommel.
Priceless.
Sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 12:19   #19

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Allegri said that Robinho and Ibrahimovic will start. He still has doubts between Cassano and Pato, especially because Cassano played a lot lately.

He also said that he didn't create anything with Thiago Silva in midfield ...
Some friends in the press conference told me he said when the mics were off that he reads a lot MilanMania, an amazing forum, and that he found this idea there !!

Our team will probably be:

Abb
Bonera - Papa - Yepes - Anto
Flamini - Thiago - Urby
? - Ibra - Robinho

And I don't understand, Robinho was used several times as our trequartista, but in the last game, before the red card, our formation seemed like a classical 4-3-3 without trequartista, and I think that's why we struggled in midfield, the strikers were too far forward to give good balls ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 12:35   #20

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
He also said that he didn't create anything with Thiago Silva in midfield ...

Some friends in the press conference told me he said when the mics were off that he reads a lot MilanMania, an amazing forum, and that he found this idea there !!
It's hardly new since we've been done it succesfully in the past with Rijkaard and Desailly, but even if he really visits this forum I really hope that he keeps it to himself. Otherwise players like Seedorf and Bonera will stop by, read the names people call them, and quit in protest.


About the team selection, it's a shame that only Flamini recovers in time. I'll go with your line-up though with Pato in it.
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 12:51   #21

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
It's hardly new since we've been done it succesfully in the past with Rijkaard and Desailly, but even if he really visits this forum I really hope that he keeps it to himself. Otherwise players like Seedorf and Bonera will stop by, read the names people call them, and quit in protest.


About the team selection, it's a shame that only Flamini recovers in time. I'll go with your line-up though with Pato in it.
Well, I don't think all defenders are able to play there like Thiago does ...

It's like the way Pirlo is used, it had probably been tried somewhere with other AMs but they were just not good enough and nobody knows/remembers ...

What I mean is that Thiago being used as a DM is a great idea not because it's the DM position or a defender being used there, it's a great idea because it's Thiago Silva being used as a DM, as simple as that.

Don't know if I managed to make my thought clear for everyone, I don't think so ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 13:27   #22

Sputnik

Registered User
 
Sputnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Location: Rotterdam
Fave Players: Marco Van Basten
Sputnik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
but even if he really visits this forum I really hope that he keeps it to himself. Otherwise players like Seedorf and Bonera will stop by, read the names people call them, and quit in protest.
I know there are some players out there (the vast majority of them not older than 25) who read stuff written about them in the Internet fora. Journalists do it all the time. And i suppose this place would be one of the top (non-italian) sites for a player most likely to visit. I'm not saying players are keeping an eye on sites like MM regular, but once in a while they might drop in to take a look.

Last edited by Sputnik; 31-01-2011 at 13:31.
Sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 13:38   #23

Elmago99

Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Allegri said that Robinho and Ibrahimovic will start. He still has doubts between Cassano and Pato, especially because Cassano played a lot lately.

Our team will probably be:

Abb
Bonera - Papa - Yepes - Anto
Flamini - Thiago - Urby
? - Ibra - Robinho
I'm curious as to why you choose Bonera over Oddo. Oddo didn't play the entire game last game, Bonera did. In my opinion Oddo is not that bad. He was at least Very good at point in his career (At Lazio), and pretty good first year with us... then he fell off after 2006, because he was getting older. He works hard, and he can at least cross the ball. His defending is not awful like Bonera's, and so far this year he has 2 Assists, and has played pretty well (no mistakes). I can eat my words if he plays and this happens, but I just think it's quite clear he's not nearly as bad as Bonera, Jankulovski, or Kaladze. Not even close.

The rest of the lineup I'm fine with, although I'm getting restless about these injuries....we're all losing a bit of patience with MilanLab...
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 13:45   #24

Sputnik

Registered User
 
Sputnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Location: Rotterdam
Fave Players: Marco Van Basten
Sputnik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
I'm curious as to why you choose Bonera over Oddo. Oddo didn't play the entire game last game, Bonera did. In my opinion Oddo is not that bad. He was at least Very good at point in his career (At Lazio), and pretty good first year with us... then he fell off after 2006, because he was getting older. He works hard, and he can at least cross the ball. His defending is not awful like Bonera's, and so far this year he has 2 Assists, and has played pretty well (no mistakes). I can eat my words if he plays and this happens, but I just think it's quite clear he's not nearly as bad as Bonera, Jankulovski, or Kaladze. Not even close.

The rest of the lineup I'm fine with, although I'm getting restless about these injuries....we're all losing a bit of patience with MilanLab...
I agree. Compared to Bonera i also think Oddo is somehow more focused when he plays.

Yes. Abnormal number of injuries. And it's just three weeks after the holidays. Worst than the Giants...
Sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 14:33   #25

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
I'm curious as to why you choose Bonera over Oddo. Oddo didn't play the entire game last game, Bonera did. In my opinion Oddo is not that bad. He was at least Very good at point in his career (At Lazio), and pretty good first year with us... then he fell off after 2006, because he was getting older. He works hard, and he can at least cross the ball. His defending is not awful like Bonera's, and so far this year he has 2 Assists, and has played pretty well (no mistakes). I can eat my words if he plays and this happens, but I just think it's quite clear he's not nearly as bad as Bonera, Jankulovski, or Kaladze. Not even close.

The rest of the lineup I'm fine with, although I'm getting restless about these injuries....we're all losing a bit of patience with MilanLab...
Well, it's not about my choice, it's about guessing what Allegri will do ... I tried to make the team look like it will tomorrow given what said Allegri. He didn't talk about the defence (or I missed a part), but I think he will use Bonera. If it's Oddo, anyway, he may cross a little more, but it's not very good overall, like Bonera (who doesn't offer anything forward).
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 15:52   #26

HO-YOUNG

Registered User
 
HO-YOUNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2007
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: Kaka, Albertini, Serginho, Maldini, Rivaldo
HO-YOUNG is on a distinguished road
As a Milan fan i have been sad many days over the past few years and often got into fights when people speak ill of Milan but these days i am happier... there seem to be some interest in making milan the top dog in world football again... FORZA MILAN!!!
__________________
Massimo Tartaglia
HO-YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 16:13   #27

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HO-YOUNG View Post
As a Milan fan i have been sad many days over the past few years and often got into fights when people speak ill of Milan but these days i am happier... there seem to be some interest in making milan the top dog in world football again... FORZA MILAN!!!

You remind me of 96-99 time. None in my class know about Milan, just keep talking about EPL, so sad.

FORZA MILAN
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:54   #28

Codino

Registered User
 
Codino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: Sydney
Fave Players: Van Basten, Baggio
Codino is on a distinguished road
gonna be such a new midfield for todays match... i hope it doesn't backfire! such a massive game!
__________________
the freewheelin'
Codino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:12   #29

El Fre

Registered User
 
El Fre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: Zorro, KK, Maldini, Weah
El Fre is on a distinguished road
any reports on the starting line-up yet?

I would like to see:

abbiati
oddo-papa-yepes-vila
silva-flamini
merkel
robinho
pato-ibra

This win can mean so much for us. CL will start in 2 weeks and we need all the points until then, despite the injuries...
When the CL starts there will be more injuries so we must bring our new playerds into play ASAP.


FORZA MILAN!!
El Fre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:14   #30

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
I want Pato to start, but somehow I think Cassano is better.

We play 4312 or 41212, but the real formation is 433 with Robinho tends to drop deep, take the ball and bring it forward. Ibra can also drop a little to get ball, Cassano is the same. That's why without a real creative CM, there was almost no distance between the mids and the atts.

Pato is not good at playing deep, so the chance of sitting on the bench is high. If Pirlo plays or we sign Ganso, things will be different.
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:19.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.