AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-04-2007, 10:14   #196

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Safe trip hitmannq8!! Enjoy, bring us luck!!

FORZA MIIIIIIIIIIILAN!!! FORZA hitmaaaaaann!!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 10:19   #197

mly

Registered User
 
mly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Fave Players: every Milan player+ some others
mly is on a distinguished road
UEFA statement
A UEFA statement issued on Wednesday read as follows:

"Having examined the request of the Italian Football Association (FIGC) to register AC Milan for the UEFA Champions League 2006/07, the submissions of the Chief Disciplinary Inspector of UEFA, and the statements of AC Milan and the FIGC, the UEFA Emergency Panel has today admitted AC Milan to participate in the third qualifying round of the 2006/07 UEFA Champions League. As a result, the Italian club plays the two legs of the competition's third qualifying round as drawn on 28 July 2006 in Nyon.

"The UEFA Emergency Panel, being competent to decide on this matter, came to the conclusion that it had no choice but to admit AC Milan for the UEFA club competitions 2006/07 for formal reasons because of an insufficient legal basis in the regulations which would allow not admitting AC Milan under the specific circumstances.

"The UEFA Emergency Panel made a clear statement to the club that 'this admission is far from being given with the utmost conviction. AC Milan takes advantage of the fact that UEFA lacks legal grounds to refuse the club's admission. In this respect, AC Milan is herewith informed that the necessary adaptations will be made to the Regulations concerned. The UEFA Emergency Panel is deeply concerned that AC Milan has created the impression of being involved in the improper influencing of the regular course of matches in the Italian football championship.'

"From the statement of AC Milan, the Panel concluded that 'the club has obviously not yet properly perceived the troubles it is in and the damage it already caused to European football. UEFA and the club's opponents will observe with the utmost attention the future attitude of AC Milan around UEFA club competition fixtures . UEFA will not hesitate to intervene severely, should AC Milan be involved in any activities aiming to arrange improperly the outcome of a match.'"

©uefa.com 1998-2006. All rights reserved

------------------------------------

After reading Gattuso's words on Corriere, I remembered this letter. The letter that made me very very angry almost a year ago (if I'm not mistaken it was August the 2nd), at the same time it was the letter that said we were allowed to play in the CL.

I hope our players read this again before the game, it's kind of inspirational to teach a thing or two to UEFA, that even if our managment was involved in some wrong doings (that aren't really clear TBH), we are a great team despite everything.

Despite propper preparation, propper signings, and propper replacements, without showing our best potencial for most of the season, despite the fact that all of our lines have experience problems (from a gk that has his blackout moments, to our not so reliable defensive line, to the lack of creativity of our midfield, to end with the lack of definition from our strikers), inspite of the injuries that didn't let us have some continuety, inspite of the ever present memory of the loses in La Coruña and Istanbul, despite the age of the team (and inspite of the laughs that that provides to other team fans), despite the fact that many keep on saying "they shouldn't even be there"....WE ARE HERE, for the 3rd time in a row, and the 4th time in the last 5 CL seasons .

I don't care who plays and who doesn't, for Wednesday I trust all of our players, even the ones I have little trust in, I trust Carlo, I trust our fans to give full support to squad (forget about jeering a player just for Wednesday, plz).


FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!

I'm proud of the way we have "damage the image" of European football

Last edited by mly; 30-04-2007 at 10:23.
mly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 10:19   #198

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Take some pictures man!! Nice trip!
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 10:21   #199

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mly
Despite propper preparation, propper signings, and propper replacements, without showing our best potencial for most of the season, despite the fact that all of our lines have experience problems (from a gk that has his blackout moments, to our not so reliable defensive line, to the lack of creativity of our midfield, to end with the lack of defenition from our strikers), inspite of the injuries that didn't let us have some continuety, inspite of the ever present memory of the loses in La Coruña and Istanbul, despite the age of the team (and inspite of the laughs that that provides to other team fans), despite the fact that many keep on saying "they shouldn't even be there"....WE ARE HERE, for the 3rd time in a row, and the 4th time in the last 5 CL seasons .

I don't care who plays and who doesn't, for Wednesday I trust all of our players, even the ones I have little trust in, I trust Carlo, I trust our fans to give full support to squad (forget about jeering a player just for Wednesday, plz).


FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!

I'm proud of the way we have "damage the image" of European football

BRAVO!!!

INSIEME CON IL DIAVOLO IN CORPO!!!!
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 10:22   #200

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
this is my last post before the game. im goin to fly to milan in 2 hours. I will cheer to death, lets hope we win. Pippo, Kaka show us the way!
This is getting me emotional.....damn I wish I took my holidays and flew to Italy!! I think if we get to the finals I'll buy tickets and get my Trini ass to Greece
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 10:45   #201

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mly
UEFA statement
After reading Gattuso's words on Corriere, I remembered this letter. The letter that made me very very angry almost a year ago (if I'm not mistaken it was August the 2nd), at the same time it was the letter that said we were allowed to play in the CL.

Despite propper preparation, propper signings, and propper replacements, without showing our best potencial for most of the season, despite the fact that all of our lines have experience problems (from a gk that has his blackout moments, to our not so reliable defensive line, to the lack of creativity of our midfield, to end with the lack of definition from our strikers), inspite of the injuries that didn't let us have some continuety, inspite of the ever present memory of the loses in La Coruña and Istanbul, despite the age of the team (and inspite of the laughs that that provides to other team fans), despite the fact that many keep on saying "they shouldn't even be there"....WE ARE HERE, for the 3rd time in a row, and the 4th time in the last 5 CL seasons .

I don't care who plays and who doesn't, for Wednesday I trust all of our players, even the ones I have little trust in, I trust Carlo, I trust our fans to give full support to squad (forget about jeering a player just for Wednesday, plz).
Dudes seriously, Shut up!!! You'll make a grown ass man cry in his office
All the rubbish we've been through...all the wars and finger pointing ...a lot of them that I've been guilty of ...to reach this far.....(leaves to pick up some Kleenex)......really it doesn't matter that much if we win.......We have an old squad....a keeper who is going through a rough patch to put it mildly and a striker struggling to come to terms with the CL....I swear you'll make me walk up to Gila and hug him just because he is one of us ............................................................of course then I'll whisper something in his ear......to keep it real of course
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.

Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 30-04-2007 at 12:09. Reason: swearing
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 10:46   #202

ct

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: On Planet Earth.
ct
Just wanna say, please boys, be in Athens for my birthday! There's no way 23rd May 2007 will be polluted by all those manyoo bandwagoners around me. *shudder*

Those ppl in San Siro, scream your hearts out! We needs 80 thousand lions!
ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 11:19   #203

forward

Registered User
 
forward's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: UA
Fave Players: AC Milan TEAM
forward is on a distinguished road
I almost forgot how it feels to give my heart to the Rossoneri,
This whole week of anticipation made me nerves tense and my hands shake,
I am not sure if I ever truly loved a girl,
but I am absolutely convinced that I love AC Milan, because every part of me strives for it.

This Wednesday my eyes will be mirroring the green fields of San Siro, 11 players of red and black, and 80,000 fans behind their shoulders..
Whatever happens during those 90 minutes, rossoneri - fight till the last second, I will be there with you...
__________________
TU SEI TUTTA LA MIA VITA
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 11:32   #204

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Can we actually loose with such fans? We only need a bit of luck, im sure the players will give 150% in those 90 min. So will Curva! Even without the banners and flags and with this moronic laws, we still can have the best fans in the world! Im actually not tkinking about anything than the match since last tuesday... We need this title to kill the Istanbul and La Corunia ghosts!!! And I want Liverpool in Athens, not Sheva and Chelski!
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 11:42   #205

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
Im not posting much about the game because I dont have much to say, I rather just come from time to time to read what my fellow fans have to say, all I want to say is good luck I know we can do it.

If we do get thru trust me im going to go mad & spam.lol joke

Forza Milan !!!
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 12:00   #206

Kaka1899

Registered User
 
Kaka1899's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: La terra della bella gente
Fave Players: Kakà, Andrea Pirlo and Paolo Maldini
Kaka1899 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milancelotti
Im not posting much about the game because I dont have much to say, I rather just come from time to time to read what my fellow fans have to say, all I want to say is good luck I know we can do it.

If we do get thru trust me im going to go mad & spam.lol joke

Forza Milan !!!

same here mate lets hope super Pippo can be useful again like he was aginst Bayern a few weeks ago!

Forza Pippo, Forza Kaka and Forza Milan!!!
__________________
ALWAYS ROSSO
ALWAYS NERO
ALWAYS A ROSSONERO



San Paolo 600 Serie A Appearances Living Legend Grazie Paolo!

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Kaka1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 12:19   #207

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Anyone knows a ManUtd fan forum ?
I'd really like to see how do they feel before the match
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 12:47   #208

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
enjoy ... Juventino

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186
http://www.redcafe.net/
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 14:04   #209

p_ps_sock

Registered User
 
Join Date: 04 2007
p_ps_sock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983
Ahead of the match, I have very little to say about the tactical setup about this match. I don't think we need to change it too much, though Pippo should get the nod ahead of Gila.

Wednesday is soon approaching, with the biggest game of our season. Now is the time to be focused, to look forward with confidence and do what we must. We’ve had a tough season, but right now if anyone was offered the position we are in now at the start of the year, I doubt they will have refused. I don’t think anyone thought we’d have gotten this far in the CL and in the league we now have third place, which only a few weeks ago seemed unlikely.

Two games remain before we can reach the greatest glory that European club football has to offer. Two games remain before we can achieve number 7. Two games before we can do the seemingly impossible.

We can take pride in what we’ve achieved this year so far, because all year we’ve been the underdogs. We’ve had great injustice to put up with. The reputation of the club couldn’t have be dragged through anymore dirt and supposedly we’re not meant to be in this tournament, despite no reason for us not to be allowed in.

Despite the troubles though, who else can claim to have done Italian football proud like we have? Inter? With their scudetto, but once again flop badly in Europe, and again ending it with violence? Roma, for who I have great respect, but still managed one of the greatest losses in the history of the cup?

We may not be brilliant this year, but we are the only non-English side left in the competition. We have maintained our pride in the most difficult of years, and have played football with excitement and entertainment, to be commended by UEFA, the very people who didn’t want us in the tournament.

Additionally, we now bear the flag of Italian football in the football world. Does Italian football even deserve this after what we’ve been put through? Personally, I think not. However, whether we accept it or not, we’ve taken the responsibility to retrieve the respect the Italian game has lost, and no doubt the very same people who condemned us last year will probably now support our success in Europe (except Inter fans probably).

We are 3-2 down in the tie, but this is meaningless, even beneficial for us! The side hasn’t always performed when in a positive position, with results such as Deportivo and Liverpool. However, when under pressure the side rarely fails. Ajax 2003, Inter 2003 (home leg with Inter needing just 1 goal to win), Juve 2003 (they were the favourites), PSV 2005, Lyon 2006 and Bayern 2007. This side has character, and the ability to pull off miracles, and this time another miracle is needed!!

We march towards Athens, and currently only Man U stands in our way. We cannot have fear as we move forward and we must fight for victory with everything we have. The side will NOT BE ALONE. They will NOT only have Milan fans behind them. We now have the support of football fans of many other clubs, and this is what we can be proud of!!!!!!! The players want a 12th man? Then I say we give them a 12th man, one made up of not only 70,000+ in the stadium, but millions across the globe!

We continue our march towards Greece by beating United! We tackle all obstacles that come our way and we do what we must to win! Many of you probably realised I’ve been adapting quotes from the film 300 in our quest to conquer Europe. We head towards Greece with the immortal spirit of the Spartans, and I for one will go with the side to the very end!

Man U will come to the devils home on Wednesday, and I say we welcome them as only Milanista can! ON WEDNESDAY! WE DINE IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
only a few words out of many, but 'only Man U stands in our way' (btw its man utd, united or manchester united) is a much bigger task than you seem to give credit for.
p_ps_sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 14:05   #210

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
He doesn't mean that it's an easy task...he simply means that they're the only team left.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:47.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.