![]() |
|
|
#16 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Playboy Mansion
Fave Players: Miss July
![]() |
K77SHC...i agree with what your saying. I posted on another thread when what i said should have been posted here....
It wont make any difference if ancelotti goes because the manager who comes in will have to use what they have been given by the board. i say the board have to take their fare share of the blame. Theyve not bought what ancelotti wanted. He wanted a target man and they end up buying ronaldinho. Ancelotti wanted another defender and they go and buy a defender thats ridiculed in the EPL in senderos and please dont get me started on that judas known as Sheva. I dont know what milans transfer policy is anymore but its plain to see that its not working as well as it use to. Its the same old problem year in year out and until the board changes then milan will continue to stumble along as it has done for the past couple of years. As Brian Clough says, the true test of a team is in the league and not winning a few games in a cup competition. Its the fault of the board that they value the champions league more than serie a when in theory both competitions should be given equal repsect. |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Playboy Mansion
Fave Players: Miss July
![]() |
Another thing can somebody please, please tell me why we signed ibrahim ba last season and clarence seedorfs brother this year????
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2006
Location: bucharest , romania
Fave Players: gullit , van basten , pipo inzaghi
![]() |
i guess our "galacticos" made this thread slowly die
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
![]() |
I hope you are right, but we are only 10 games into the season. Our ridiculous goal keepers havent cost us any points yet and we are not even concerned with the champions league as of yet.
I remember starting a thread about how Dida was finished and got a similar reaction, 56 pages later and no dida.. http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21268 I still stick to my original opinion, we should have signed Zappatta over Ronnie and a centre forward over Shevchenko. Also a goalkeeper. Ronnie is doing amazingly well, same with Boriello, but we still have a massive hole in our defence. There is no sign of Nesta so right now we dont have a single world class centreback or a goalkeeper that can be called reliable. If the galacticos of Milan is working then it is because Ancelotti seems to be refusing to allow this culture to seep into our team. He quite literally deserves all the credit for where Milan are right now in the league.
__________________
Its SPEEDORF actually |
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
![]() |
You predicted a failure after some friendlies (that, as you saw, seem not to count in any way for our players) and the first two defeats:
- against Bologna, our team was unlucky, I don't know what we can say about this match except that we didn't play really well and that we saw the same problems than last year - against Genoa, nothing to say, they were unfortunately better than us on this match and would have deserved to win 3 or 4-0, and it's what made me feel afraid personally, Genoa being better than us ... I started to have doubts. About your statement about our recruies, I don't agree with all: - Ronaldinho, it was a good purchase because he gives more solutions to Ancelotti, he can rest Kaka' or Seedorf sometimes, and it's what we lacked last year. And who knows, if he plays again like some years ago in Barcelona, he wouldn't be a good purchase but an excellent improvement for the team, we'll see. - Shevchenko, I agree with you, why him ?! I don't think he'll play again like in his past years and he seems to be on the same way than in Chelsea: being a bench player. Anyway, I may be wrong and I hope so. ** - Senderos, I agree and disagree with you. He's far to be a top-class defender, he's far from our standards (the names you quoted K77SH ...), but let's give him a chance, he made his debut yesterday, let's give him 2 weeks and then we'll see what to think about him (I cross my fingers lol). ** - Zambrotta-Antonini, I completely disagree with you !! For me, Antonini purchase is the completely logical transfert we had to do after buying Zambrotta and loaning Oddo ... he's not supposed to be a starter at all, he is "just" a player able to play in some games of Serie A (or UEFA Cup) to let Zambrotta or other players resting. - Abbiati come-back, nothing to say, I applauded this transfert because I've always thought he was a very good GK, anyway, I don't applaude anymore because he spoke about politics, it's exactly what I hate (soccer or football is a sport, nothing more, I prefer players who play and shut up lol). - Flamini, I already spoke about him on other topics, he's an improvement. ** My statements, your statements, their (who ? lol) statements will be true or false only at the end of the season, we can only see what happens and comment it for moment, and we're totally unable to say before "I think he'll be bad ..." whereas the guy didn't even play one minute yet. And when people say here that our management is blind/useless/..., especially because they don't do what fans think they're going to do, excuse me all but who were the three more criticized players of our team last year ?? Yep, I read in your mind and you're right: it was Gilardino firstly (sold to Fiorentina), Brocchi then (sold to ... don't remember lol), and Oddo to finish (loaned to Bayern and I think he won't come back). Didn't the things most of you wanted happen ?? And even if they stated too late that Gourcuff didn't have space in our squad to develop, they've loaned him ... so in some ways, they repaired their mistake. So our management is far to be blind ... after 10 games, they even built a successful team (we'll see at the end of the season if it's only a 10-games-success or a season-success). It's something I said once but I'm going to express it again ... I think our management exactly reproduct what they did between 2002 and 2003: bringing new players to build a successful team in two years. You can't build a perfect team at all, and you can't build a team approaching from perfection in one year because too much recruies kill your team ... so you need to plan that on two years (or more). I even think that, contrarly to what Galliani can say, the Scudetto wasn't a real goal at the start of the season. I put one finger to cut (please, delete that part lol) that at the next summer mercato, the parts of the team that need to be improved will be improved: defense and probably one midfielder or striker, anyway, we don't need 7-8 players, just 3 or 4 to be back at our top and fight for both Scudetto and Champions League at the same time next year. VERY LONG POST, I said all that came to my mind after reading some pages without commenting !! lol |
|
|
|
|
|
#21 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
![]() |
Ooh sorry Geo Tav, I didnt realise you replied to this. I just came to revive it as I want to see what people thought about shevchenko's performances.
All I can say about Ronnie, is that he is playing well even if he isnt running at players yet. Still not happy with shevchenko and hope we arent going to be buying him. Senderos, I travelled to Portsmouth. Saw the big man trip over him self and nearly give away a goal. He also managed to get beat in the air when he shouldnt have. The ironic thing is, thats the kind of area where he was supposed to improve our defence. I cant even remember what I said about Antonini, but it must have been stupid. I think he is a fantastic player, who is athletic, brave and never scared to run at defenders. Sometimes we have alot of players on the pitch all at once that would rather pass the ball sideways ie Rino, Ambro, Emerson, Flamini, for the past year Kaka and sometimes Seedorf. He at least tries to be proactive and runs at players or cross the ball. If he can find some level of consistency Im sure he can force his way into the side. Abbiati, flaps at crosses he should catch. Wouldnt it be nice to have a keeper at Milan who can actually take a cross. How long has it been? Oh Rossi where are you? I understand what you mean about taking time to build the team back to its best. But Milan should stay true to its identity and what made the club a success. Barca had an amazing attack of Romario and Stoichkov, but failed to win the CL. Later they had Kluivert, Rivaldo and Figo (The latter two being two of the best in the world). They didnt win the CL. Milan's successes were always built on solid defences, so why now do we leave a formula that works to use a formula that ultimately failed for Barca and Real. Do we need a Galacticos with no defence?
__________________
Its SPEEDORF actually |
|
|
|
|
|
#22 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
![]() |
9 points behind Inter now. Ronnie is still nice to watch, the defence is as equally bad to watch. Its ok though, Galliani the friggin genious refuses to simply hand another scudetto to Inter and has just signed Thiago who cant contribute jack sh!t until next year and we have Beckham who will come and be our saviour (if his wife lets him out of the shops)!!
Galliani you are such a fart of a human being!!
__________________
Its SPEEDORF actually |
|
|
|
|
|
#23 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
![]() |
truth be told the one at fault for the galacticos era is Florentino Perez....similarly THE ONE at fault for our being RUBBISH at the moment is Silvio Berlusconi. I am getting tired of hearing in the press players that were close to Milan or whom Carlo wanted and we went the cheapskate way (again
) What we needed were 1) wide play 2) a WC striker (20+ goals/ league season) 3) CB 4) GK To our most pressing needs (gk, st) we went the cheapest route imagineable.....taking back AVERAGE TO GOOD players back from loan....fortunately Abbiatti is on good form but people are so blinded by hatred/bitterness towards Dida that they gloss over Abbiatti's failings...He is NOT a WC keeper and neither is Borriello a WC striker Then comes the biggest charade of our mercato...FLAMINI and R80... There was NO reason to get EITHER of the se players....as the CDM (Pirlo, Emerson, Gattuso, Ambro) and the CAM (Kaka, Seedorf and occasionally Pirlo or Pato) are the positions most covered at least for this year.....OK so MOS of our CDM's are injured atm but we still have Ambro and Prilo Our wing play got similar disregard as we got Zambrotta who has been one of our more consistent players this season...but is OBVIOUSLY on the decline and more average loaned players (other than Abate whom I rate but we decided to loan )A LARGE % of this is Carlo's fault however we decide to swing it but if Berlu thinks that the fans are idiots then he should leave gracefully and let us start a new adventure with someone who respects the fans and is genunely interested in bringing Milan to the top where it belongs.. In conclusion: Torres, Veloso, Buffon, Trez, Ribery, Adebayor ![]() ![]()
__________________
Milan is a rose, love even the thorns.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#24 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
![]() |
I agree with you on most of that, but I would say the most omportant reinforcement was a defender and not just one two of them.
Also Flamini is a good signing, but he needs to pull his finger out and start playing the way he did for Arsenal. While I count my self an Ancelotti supporter he will soon have one less if he persists on playing Emerson. If you lok at this season, we have conceded more goals with him on the pitch than him off it.
__________________
Its SPEEDORF actually |
|
|
|
|
|
#25 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
![]() |
We are into January and Id swap Roanaldhinio, Beckham and Shevchenko for Santarocce any day.
8 points off the top now!!
__________________
Its SPEEDORF actually |
|
|
|
|
|
#26 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2009
Location: Miami
Fave Players: ANDREA!!! Incomparable, by far THE BEST!
![]() |
K77SH C you have said it yourself!
Beckham is an overrated player who only destabilizes the team, as well as ronnie, we need YOUNG BLOOD! |
|
|
|
|
|
#27 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
![]() |
Or even younger blood, funnily enough 27 would still be alot younger than some of our players.
__________________
Its SPEEDORF actually |
|
|
|
|
|
#28 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
![]() |
Blog: Changing man
Carlo Ancelotti has worked miracles at Milan, but surely now change is in everyone’s best interests, states Scott Fleming Stability is a much sought after commodity in the tumultuous world of calcio, but is it possible to have a little too much of it? I realise Carlo Ancelotti’s Milan are unbeaten in their last four, winning three. I also realise that Silvio Berlusconi and Adriano Galliani’s warped philosophy is a beautiful thing…in theory. In January I was privileged enough to see the Rossoneri in action against Roma, when the front three of Kaka, Ronaldinho and Alexandre Pato produced some of the finest football I have ever seen in the flesh. The problem was I also had to sit through an embarrassing display by poor Giuseppe Favalli, who was fielded out of position at centre-back that night, as Milan drew a match they should have won. It was a timely demonstration of the comical, naïve, imbalance Milan have exhibited for far too long under Ancelotti’s reign, and it led me to the belief that this summer may be the time for Milan to part company with their tactician. The club needs change, regeneration even, before it slips further towards a replica of Real Madrid during the Galactico era – when principles and wisdom were exchanged for commercial interests and a celebrity culture. Ancelotti may not be the cause of all the problems, but change is needed nonetheless. Given the reputed interest from Chelsea et al, he would hardly struggle to find employment, and two Champions League wins mean he will always hold legendary status at San Siro. The Rossoneri have played with the same formation and largely the same players for around four or five years now. On their day they’re electrifying, but equally as often they’re stupefying, nullified by a shrewd opposing manager who knows their predictable approach all too well. Ancelotti has been given significant leeway by the club’s hierarchy in recent years, and understandably so given the brilliance of their Champions League displays. This season is surely the last straw however. Without Champions League participation, a credible Scudetto challenge and the UEFA Cup, in which they were the strongest team by far, were necessities. Milan failed abjectly on both fronts, and just to compound the gloom they tumbled out of the Coppa Italia at the last 16 stage for the second year running. This summer they desperately require another centre back to help Thiago Silva reinvigorate the defence, a genuine winger, and a striker to take the onus off Pato and Pippo Inzaghi. Ancelotti may not be the man to deliver them. ----------- Not sure why the write blames Ancelotti for the unbalance in the side. The blame lies squarely on Galliani and Berlusconi.
__________________
Its SPEEDORF actually |
|
|
|
|
|
#29 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
![]() |
One more game to be played before the end of the season and who knows where we will finish in the standings. We are a mess and havent had the demands of the CL this season. If we sont sell some of the galacticos and get young fighters back in the side then we will be humiliated next season!!
__________________
Its SPEEDORF actually |
|
|
|
|
|
#30 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
![]() |
I warned you guys this management doesnt know what its doing. Even the Real galacticos had some decent players and didnt sell their best players!!
We wont buy anyone half decent, watch them all flop!!
__________________
Its SPEEDORF actually |
|
|
|