AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-09-2008, 19:36   #16

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Responding to your question will take me half an hour, but I unfortunately don't have the time to spare.

My one-sentence answer to what you ask me is: does Ancelotti REALLY have full team to figure things out? When did R80 arrive? When did Sheva arrive? When did Pato come back? When is Nesta not injured? How long was Kaka` out since April? When did have a world class GK? When did we get to see Borriello in action? You talk about experiment: Experiment what? Who is available to allow him to experiment during pre-season when most of your starting 11 is out?

Perhaps the only thing we can blame Ancelotti is not brave enough to play new players. That I have no ground to argue.

***

My key conclusion is not so much about sacking Ancelotti. It's about sacking Ancelotti then what.

Do we just hope to rely on luck happening, like with Chelsea last year (Avram Grant?) and eventually still got nothing? I bet Mourinho could have won the Premier Title or the CL (or both), but the owner decided to sack the coach midway through the game when Chelsea is not doing well.

Do any good to Chelsea? I don't think so - and that's what I mean: Sacking Ancleotti for the sake of sacking and hiring someone else HOPING to have new ideas and new strategies is not the answer.

The question is who we can hire RIGHT NOW who can provide a PLAUSIBLE solution. It's not like "we can at least try". We are talking about winning the Scudetto: we are talking about a season-long campaign here.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 19:41   #17

bangades

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2008
bangades is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK View Post
Milan: Terminato il vertice. Ancelotti 'E' andata bene'

What on earth is Ancelotti supposed to do when half the team is either injured or not around to train together? How was he supposed to manage the team and enforce his tactics when Galliani & Berlusconi always press their ideas onto the side and make their badly concealed threats?

being the coach in a great club like Milan, where most of its players also play for the national side, he should have known that he can't blame the national side for the team's loss. and remember, we have Milan Lab, the training and research centre that suppose to help bringing back the player's condition on their best shape after series of hard match and long-distance-national-team match. so what else??

it is true that on his regime, milan have won quite lot of trophies. but if we're honest to ourselves, the level of our play, is no far than the mediocre team. i remember, every derby match against Inter, i always fell the fear of losing, because honestly inter play better football than us. i saw the record of Milan match on Capello and Sacchi era, and I can tell that the strategy and the level of play Ancelotti brought to milan, is nowhere near the strategy and level of play on his two predecessor.

so yes, i want him to be sacked. i am sick to see milan play like bunch of idiots, while we have three Ballon D' Or on the squads. I am sick to see milan wasted so many young talents, just because ancelotti were to afraid to play them on the field.

sack him please...
bangades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 19:47   #18

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
First dida, then Gila, then Ancelotti.. .let alone Brocchi & Emerson...

Is this what we as fans are capable of? *sigh*.....
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 20:11   #19

OCmilano

Registered User
 
OCmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Southern California
Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
First dida, then Gila, then Ancelotti.. .let alone Brocchi & Emerson...

Is this what we as fans are capable of? *sigh*.....


I take everything back Jeff... Go Carlo yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
__________________
ROBINHO TIME
OCmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 20:22   #20

Bosniaco

Registered User
 
Bosniaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
What sucks about Carlo is that he does what Galliani tells him to do. Galliani is a tactitian, coach,president, vice president, direktor, transfer guy, he decided the linp ups. What is going on with this man. I really dont hear any other vice president telling the coach what tactics to use, which players to play, how to coach them ect.
I mean Galliani says:" Three golden ball winers must play" guess what next game they start. Then Carlo puled the plug and subed Roni and Sheva. This is getting ridiciuols with Galliani and mixing his nose into the coaches job. Let the guy do his job, buy him the players he wants(if you can) and then you can fire him.
Galliani cant fire Carlo because, Carlo got the players he really did not want, he has to work with players that Galliani brings to Milanello.
I balme Carlo for some things but, again he really doesnt get the layers he wants like other coaches. I know he wanted Ribery and Eto? What happen Galliani?
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR<
Bosniaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 20:51   #21

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCmilano View Post
I take everything back Jeff... Go Carlo yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
No you don't need to apologize. What I"m point out is more general (rather than specific individuals):

Think about how we as fans behave every time we don't do well:

First, we blame Dida. Dida now is out.

Then we blame Gilardino. Now Gila is out (and who seems to be doing quite well).

And now it's obvious that it's not the fault of these individuals. It's not Dida's mistake in Celtic; Kalac conceded, stupid goals; Abbiati conceded, goals; it's not Gila's mistake of not scoring. The whole team is not scoring; Pato is not scoring; Sehva is not scoring; Inzaghi is not scoring; Borreillo... Some go as far as saying that Maldini is out (nto that they are wrong, but Maldini is NOT the only problem)... but Kaladze is not doing well; favalli is not doing well, Zambro...

Then now we have Carlo on the axe (with R80 and Sheva close on the line). I fear the same thing will happen (i.e., Carlo will leave), and NOTHING gets change.

Worse still, I fear that this is what we are so used to: Complaining about whenever Milan is not doing well, blaming single individuals ... is this what we fans capable of?

Do we lack just the insight of doing it and getting out of the crisis?

****

Can't we take a step back and say: Just what happened to Milan as a system?

****

And can't we just ask ourselves, "Am I going to say the same thing if Inzaghi didn't miss the one vs. one, Pato didn't miss the 1vs1, Sheva didn't miss the 1vs1, R80 didn't miss the header...

****

Do I need to make it more obvious that it's no single person's fault but the team AS A GROUP? When has we become like American idolizing an individual's success and bashing an individual for failure?

Are we not more capable than that?

Last edited by Jeff; 15-09-2008 at 20:53.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 02:26   #22

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCmilano View Post
jeff you're telling me this guy is going to find the solution by the next game. What is he doing in the summer what is he he doing during the friendlies? These are times i think you experiment and you find solutions on what might work and what may not. Like i said before he is a good coach but these excuses get old.

Do you or have you ever gotten sick of the way they played or what the staff used as excuses?
You asked what Ancellotti was doing in summer?
The answer is training half the squad because the rest were not available for different reasons in which he had no control.
We all know unfortunately that Milan are doing their proper pre-season in full squad now during the competitive games.

Ronaldinho and Pato were playing in the olimpics, Kaka, Boriello, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaladze, Inzaghi and Nesta were all injured and Sheva and Senderos arrived in the last week.

I just cannot understand how someone can call all these FACTS as EXCUSES.

I am not against criticism, but at least it should be fair.
Maltese Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 03:05   #23

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosniaco View Post
What sucks about Carlo is that he does what Galliani tells him to do. Galliani is a tactitian, coach,president, vice president, direktor, transfer guy, he decided the linp ups. What is going on with this man. I really dont hear any other vice president telling the coach what tactics to use, which players to play, how to coach them ect.
I mean Galliani says:" Three golden ball winers must play" guess what next game they start. Then Carlo puled the plug and subed Roni and Sheva. This is getting ridiciuols with Galliani and mixing his nose into the coaches job. Let the guy do his job, buy him the players he wants(if you can) and then you can fire him.
Galliani cant fire Carlo because, Carlo got the players he really did not want, he has to work with players that Galliani brings to Milanello.
I balme Carlo for some things but, again he really doesnt get the layers he wants like other coaches. I know he wanted Ribery and Eto? What happen Galliani?
Even here, On what basis you are calling Ancellotti a (puppet)?
How do you know that Ancellotti was not happy with the transfer policy?
I know there were some stories on the papers saying so, but there were also statements from Ancellotti and Galliani denying everything.
Is it so easy to believe a story from a journalist whose intention is to create some sansation to sell more, while ignoring every declaration and statement that the direct parties use to say?

Yesterday Bronzetti said that Carlo was so anxious about Ronaldinho's transfer that during the negotiations with Barcellona he was calling him seven or eight times a day.

Last edited by Maltese Charlie; 16-09-2008 at 03:11.
Maltese Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 09:05   #24

OCmilano

Registered User
 
OCmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Southern California
Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese Charlie View Post
You asked what Ancellotti was doing in summer?
The answer is training half the squad because the rest were not available for different reasons in which he had no control.
We all know unfortunately that Milan are doing their proper pre-season in full squad now during the competitive games.

Ronaldinho and Pato were playing in the olimpics, Kaka, Boriello, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaladze, Inzaghi and Nesta were all injured and Sheva and Senderos arrived in the last week.

I just cannot understand how someone can call all these FACTS as EXCUSES.

I am not against criticism, but at least it should be fair.


Gorky under another coach is playing much much bettter.
Gila as you said Jeff is also doing better (not under Carlo)
Borriello did much better (not under Carlo)
Brocchi will probably be the same (not under Carlo)


4 diffrent players 1 coach. I was never a Gila fan but i am a big Gorky fan so it hurts that this amazing coach of ours cant get these players to play like they do with other teams.

And dont all big teams have to deal with star players being on national teams and injured? You guys make it seem like we are the only ones who go through these things... I just want Milan to get back to winning, if you tell me the answer is selling Kaka R80 Pato will get us back to being a winning team, I am the guy thats on this board that would help these players pack.

Milan comes before any players to me or any coach if one or more of them is the problem we need it fixed. Thats what im for..
__________________
ROBINHO TIME
OCmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 10:32   #25

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
So this is where the Augusti have come to post. Warro, Jaime, Hasan and Jeff... AVE!

I'll say this and then I have to go. I posted it in another forum, but it didnt catch there. So let us start a fire here.

There are many who want the sacking of Carlo now. Ok, I'll play along. Some of you have concluded that we are in such calamity that a revolution or just short of that needs to happen NOW. Fine... say we get that.
As Jeff has pointed out, NOW WHAT?
Anytime there is a shakeup at the demands and whim of demagoguery, as in a revolution take heed and harken, that it can get a whole lot worse than where we are now before it evens gets better. My estimate? Give or take 2 years with us winning not a darn thing until the 3rd year.
Now seeing how some people cant wait for longer than a season or for that matter a couple of gamedays so early in a season, I'm certain the usual suspects will continue their moaning and groaning with no end in sight WITH CARLO GONE.
Seriously folks! You cant expect the change some of you are demanding to happen this instant without realistically accepting the consequences that come with it.
With bi-polar mood swings depending on a gameday, I really dont think those moodie lot are aware or can accept the collateral damage.
If all you wanting this drastic and big change can tell me now that you are willing to wait 2 or more seasons for us to turn around this team, then by all means we should sack Carlo now when we have the time to do it.
If you cant do that, then a good deal of you fellows are fooling yourselves straight to the world called fantasyland.
Its either that or you folks are scoping to opt out of any accountability to your reasoning already.
There it is plain and simple.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 13:50   #26

Marco3

Registered User
 
Marco3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: London
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka
Marco3 is on a distinguished road
Ok so people aren't happy with Ancelotti. People want him sacked. As Jeff said "what next?" Who out there other then Rijkaard is there to take Ancelotti's place? I don't think anyone of his calibre is available.
Now I know we didn't qualify for the Champions League and we were out of the league (realistically) by December but people have to remember that the club placed the Super Cup and World Club Cup as their priorities.
In terms of success I think Ancelotti has been very successful at AC Milan.

Some peoples arguments are that he should go because under him Gourcouff, Gilardino and others didn't flourish. Has anyone ever thought that maybe it's just the system that doesn't suit the players? Shevchenko going to Chelsea is a perfect example. Henry going to Barcelona another. Why did they have poor seasons? Because they had to learn to play to a different system.

Other people think that Ancelotti doesn't have the foresight for talent. Does no one else remember the master stroke of placing Pirlo just in front of the defence and turning him into arguably one of the best midfielders in the World? Kaka thrived under Ancelotti and he had the same start as Gourcouff, difference being he made the most of his chances and pushed Rui Costa out of the team. Seems to me he has given people the chance.

I have said this in a previous post and still believe that when our team was in it's prime, AC Milan played some of the best football in Europe. Now we all know the team is older and the management has done well moving the older players on. I agree that we should give more of a chance to the younger players and would rather see Cardacio given a chance then Emerson, they are the future of the team.

I wish we hadn't sold half of Paloschi to Parma, and kept him but when the management goes out and brings back Shevchenko it reduces the playing time for Paloschi. Now is this Ancelotti's fault? I would say no. He's not the one who wanted Shevchenko back.

Did Ancelotti miss the 1 on 1's? the headers? No.

I do not believe that Ancelotti is solely responsible for the mess Milan are in, the management and players are also to blame and for that reason I don't believe he should be sacked. Unfortunately every team has their ups and downs, (look at Man U a couple of years ago, not the team they are now. Arsenal haven't won anything for 3 seasons) and at the moment we are having a down moment, but i do think Ancelotti can bring us through this.

Forza Milan

Last edited by Marco3; 16-09-2008 at 13:53.
Marco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 20:39   #27

Bosniaco

Registered User
 
Bosniaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese Charlie View Post
Even here, On what basis you are calling Ancellotti a (puppet)?
How do you know that Ancellotti was not happy with the transfer policy?
I know there were some stories on the papers saying so, but there were also statements from Ancellotti and Galliani denying everything.
Is it so easy to believe a story from a journalist whose intention is to create some sansation to sell more, while ignoring every declaration and statement that the direct parties use to say?

Yesterday Bronzetti said that Carlo was so anxious about Ronaldinho's transfer that during the negotiations with Barcellona he was calling him seven or eight times a day.
Be real, Carlo called Sheva a traidor and said we did not need Sheva, then when Galliani said we do need him, Carlo said ok we do. You think Carlo really wanted Cardaccio and Viudez? I like this to end here, I'm not blaming Carlo for everything that has happend.
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR<
Bosniaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 20:41   #28

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Well, to some extent, I agree with Kui and Jeff here---no point sacking Carlo now, it's too early, it's only been 2 games. BUT, managment should start making contingency plans now, ie make contact with Rijkaard/Donadoni, and give Carlo a couple more games. If we are still sliding by the end of this month, then I think it is pointless to stick with Carlo---better to let him go and bring someone new in.

But for now, our faith is in Carlo and the players. If this is not a wake up call for them, I dont know what is.
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 22:19   #29

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosniaco View Post
Be real, Carlo called Sheva a traidor and said we did not need Sheva, then when Galliani said we do need him, Carlo said ok we do. You think Carlo really wanted Cardaccio and Viudez? I like this to end here, I'm not blaming Carlo for everything that has happend.
I agree; I think Carlo is pretty much a puppet in terms of transfer; I really wonder how many transfer he wanted and actually gets (not many), and how many transfer he doesn't want and actually gotten.

But this has less to do with him than the management; perhaps it's his personality, like others suggest. But even then, you need a really volatile coach to convince or resist what the board tries to do.

And you risk getting sacked. I don't think Ancelotti wants to get sacked by going against the management. I don't think anyone here will doubt that this guy loves Milan.

***
rt9: I wonder, with Pirlo the heart of Milan and probably key to Ancelotti's formation, how MIlan is going to bounce back any time soon. Let's hope that we don't lose as many points now and then do a sprint as soon as we can.

I agree with the contingency plan, but I disagree with contacting them. What if the media knows about it and make fuss about it... I don't think the coach, and perhaps more importantly, the players, need that kind of unease.

I certainly believe that this is a wake-up call (perhaps long ago!) for Carlo, but I'm not sure if that's the case for the players.

To some extent, I must say that the players have failed us, badly (oh god, I'm still remembering how Sheva, Inzaghi, Pato et al. missing 1vs1 chances like they can go to an amusing park anytime on the weekend).
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 00:16   #30

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosniaco View Post
Be real, Carlo called Sheva a traidor and said we did not need Sheva, then when Galliani said we do need him, Carlo said ok we do. You think Carlo really wanted Cardaccio and Viudez? I like this to end here, I'm not blaming Carlo for everything that has happend.
That's what I am doing, be real.
Some stories on the media gives you the impression that Milan is run by amateur staff.
I prefer to believe Carlo's interviews on Milan Channel than a phrase (sometimes out of contest) from a journalist reporting him.

Carlo needs much more time since the team start training together now, and has to adopt a new system.
I believe he will do, and Milan starts playing the most attracting footrball. The problem is how long it will take him to gel the team and make it balanced?

But if he fails to do so, he is responsable for the players he's got, and has to answer for his failure.
I heard him and Galliani saying for several times that when Milan buy a player, It is not a 1 man decision but collective, and Carlo is ALWAYS involved in such decisions.
And why he should be unhappy with Cardaccio and Viudez?
Milan risk is negligible on these 2 players.

I am more WORRIED with the medical team of Milan. Lately the players are suffering much more injuries than before.
Maltese Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.