AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-05-2009, 12:39   #16

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Well can't say I was one of the guys calling for Carlo's head, but I have to admit I am really excited about which way Milan is gonna go now. Non of us have any idea of what kind of coach Leonardo is, he's done great things for Milan as a player, and as a scout/director. He's extremely sympathetic, and although Carlo was to, I still feel that it's healthy for us considering Calciopoli.

It will be interesting to see if he'll continue with the same basic formation (4-3-2-1, 4-3-1-2) or he'll come up with something new. Personally I think he'll be most likely to not change things around to much, since the problem with Carlo never was the style that we played.

Also the mercato is gonna be interesting to say the least. Everytime we've started a new 'era' Berlusconi has spent big, with Sacchi and last time with Pirlo, Nesta and Rui Costa, so it'll be interesting to see if that repeats itself.

Anyways, good luck to Leonardo, I've always been a great fan of him as a player and a scout, and I'm hoping he'll do as great as a coach as he did as the former.

Last edited by Christian; 31-05-2009 at 12:42.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 13:02   #17

MiamiMilanista

Registered User
 
MiamiMilanista's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Miami, FL
MiamiMilanista is on a distinguished road
The thing that worries me is Milan's approach. As we all know, he did indeed pave the way for Pato and Kaka and has been the main driver behind scouting in Brazil. BUT, is Milan going to turn into another Inter? In a few years will our starting lineup consist of 0 Italian players?

I am for the move as I think Ancelotti has surely lost the plot, but Leonardo must focus on the youth system and also bring in the Italian talent as well. Let's not forget, FIFA is looking deep into the 6+5 rule, and Milan cant drive down a wrong path and be stranded if the rule comes into effect.

Not only that, An Italian champion (League or in Europe) should consist of Italian talent. We started 7 Italians in the CL final vs. Liverpool. The way things should be... Many may disagree, but this is how I stand. I dont think Milan's shirt should change to Green and Gold so quick....
MiamiMilanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 13:08   #18

Rico

Registered User
 
Rico's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Skive
Fave Players: Kaka, Massaro, Ancelotti, Gullit, Sheva, Albertini
Rico is on a distinguished road
Is Tassotti staying with us?
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 13:10   #19

MiamiMilanista

Registered User
 
MiamiMilanista's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Miami, FL
MiamiMilanista is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Is Tassotti staying with us?
I sure hope so. I guess we'll find out more over the coming weeks.
MiamiMilanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 13:11   #20

Rico

Registered User
 
Rico's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Skive
Fave Players: Kaka, Massaro, Ancelotti, Gullit, Sheva, Albertini
Rico is on a distinguished road
Yeah, we'll see I guess. I was wondering if anybody knew something specific.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 13:26   #21

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Is Tassotti staying with us?
yes, even Galli
Maltese Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 13:27   #22

Buju

Registered User
 
Buju's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: London
Fave Players: Gullit, MVB, Rijkaard, Boban, Rino, Sheva, Kaka
Buju
a great scout who we will lose if he doesn't make the grade.
A puppet manager who will do berlisconis bidding.
Football manager 2010 with berlusconi as manager of Milan
Berlu said I want someone who knows the rossonerri. What
About rijkaard he knows us. But is his own man.
English fans and pundits alike claiming carlo won't cut it but
Now without his hands tied behind his back re transfers I predict he will
Be a success at chelsea
And I bet my shirt that we will face Chelsea in ucl next season.
Buju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 13:36   #23

bLOND !-,-!

Registered User
 
bLOND !-,-!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2008
bLOND !-,-! is an unknown quantity at this point
im also afraid....
what if leonardo is just a puppet from galliani and berlu, what if he is even worse than carlo, and what if galliani and berlu decided: hmm, carlo started to use his own head a little bit, he doesn't put R80 in first 11 anymore, let's fire him and put some other idiot who will listen us more than carlo.
that's one version, and other version is that leonardo will be something like guardiola, so that means a great, new, young coach with attacking mentality who will use completely different tactics, formation and use completely different players..
and we will see this already in leo's first game, if seedorf will play in first 11, that means that leo is a puppet......
bLOND !-,-! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 13:41   #24

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
I'll try to say something objective:

Leonardo is a great scout, and we can probably say he has a good eye in players perception. Specially with players that can develop further. Its known that Leonardo has won over Berlusconi with some of his picks and that on his green light Berlusconi payed large money for Pato, Thiago and invested in Kaka'.

We can hope that Berlusconi can have some trust in Leonardo's choices after that. We have seen now that Carlo didnt even knew who is Kaka' when Kaka' arrived, he had nothing to do with players Milan picked. ( Im not blaming Carlo here, Im just saying most likely Milan will listen to Leonardo also in the future...)

So I want to say that this could be the case where our coach, due to his past achievements in that plan, has influence in mercato. Which, sadly, should be a normal thing in AC Milan.

The other side:

It could mean Milan is not willing to spend much and will let Leo work with few young players and start the new circle slowly. Or maybe we will invest and the change was simply needed.

I have faith in Leonardo. It has nothing to do with this stupid Holywood title "Guardiola of Milan". Peppe had complete squad that is simply brilliant. After all I dont see Guardiola as superme master coach etc. Leonardo is Leonardo, I know he has a feeling for players capacity and he can do that well. Tactics are the question we cant answer to untill we see him on our bench.

I also hope we will not play brasilian football but serious and disciplined as Milan always does. It doesnt mean its defensive, its just serious and smart.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 13:43   #25

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Great news!!!!!!! Milan has been cured! The disease is gone and now we shall start our rehabilitation program and start from zero.

Good luck to Carlo (I think he will be Perez's surprise at Real) and good luck to Leonardo. I just want to know more about this 'coaching degree' he's going to take that I read about above, and more about who will be the assistant coaches and managers.

I also have a question for Maltese Charlie and other old fans of Milan. Has Milan been picking up old free players for cheap just under the Carlo Ancelotti era or was it before? As far as I recall, at the start of every era, we've seen Berlusconi spend big...is that right?
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 13:49   #26

Rico

Registered User
 
Rico's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Skive
Fave Players: Kaka, Massaro, Ancelotti, Gullit, Sheva, Albertini
Rico is on a distinguished road
I don't know much about his coaching course other than the fact that he has not completed one.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 14:02   #27

Gule-Pirlo

Registered User
 
Gule-Pirlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: Pirlo,Bierhoff,Maldini,Nesta,Kaka..
Gule-Pirlo is on a distinguished road
No one can replace Ancelotti.
He is the best experienced manager in the world.
Bye Carlo,luck!!
__________________
Ratep con che tipo di shampoo vi lavate i capelli?
Fatto il tuo u caduta dei capelli o ti radi la testa?
Ci auguriamo che si capirà il senso dell'umorismo e non sarà arrabbiato.


Gule-Pirlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 14:20   #28

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
[quote=hitmannq8;532086]Great news!!!!!!! Milan has been cured! The disease is gone and now we shall start our rehabilitation program and start from zero.

/QUOTE]

__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 14:28   #29

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Good luck, Carlo!!!

Let's support Leonardo!!! Forza Leo!!! Forza Milan!!!
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 14:42   #30

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the news I'm merging it.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:09.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.