AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 06:01   #376

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Ofcourse it is abit of both, but I still believe Kaka never asked for a transfer to Real.
There are more ways than one to ask for something. Like I said, contract extensions do not indicate undying loyalty.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 21:30   #377

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Yes, but Kaka never asked to remain either. When Man CIty made an offer, he rejected it and declared his love for Milan and asked to remain. We didn't force him to move did we? We could've done much more to twist his arm if we wanted the money, but we didn't. We always left it up to the player.

Now when Real come calling, why did he agree to move? What happened to the love declared to the fans just 4 months ago? Again it was up to the player. Berlusconi has said all along that when irresistable offers come along, our job is to inform the player, then it is up to him whether he wants to move. I'll guarantee you, if Kaka rejected Real, he would've remained at Milan, and Milan would've kept him. It takes 2 to tango. Real wanted Kaka and Kaka wanted Real, and Milan did not mind the cash. So this way, everyone wins.
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 21:32   #378

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
And like Hasan said, contract extensions simply indicate a will to leave if the current club cannot match a rival club's offer. How many times was Maldini's contract bumped, what about Gattuso's? These are what I call loyal players. They earn a big contract and respect it. Kaka earned a big contract and tried to make it bigger every summer. Who the hell has 3 contract extensions at the same club in a time span of 6 years?? That is not a sign of loyalty, it is a sign of opportunism.
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:56   #379

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
It was Milan who handled the offer to Kaka's father and exactly after the Fiorentina match.
And it was the second offer in less than 6 months.

When a club for various reasons continue to handle you offers from other clubs is telling you in polite to leave.

Even before last January Milan recieved many offers for Kaka and all of them were turned down without handled them to the player. Or turned down before informing the player.

Latest example is Pato. Milan recieved a huge offer for him and was turned down immediately.

Why it was treated different than Kaka's offer?

Simply because Milan wanted to keep the player as Pato's value has a great potential to increase in future.

The message for Kaka to cash on him was very clear.

Last edited by Maltese Charlie; 04-07-2009 at 03:05.
Maltese Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:31   #380

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
I like how some people are trying to make Kaka look like the victim and Milan are the devils here. There was clear intent on both sides to let this transfer go through. Milan is strapped for cash and it was becoming difficult to manage Kaka's large wages. Kaka also "felt it was the right time to leave" and always liked the idea of playing for Real Madrid.

The worst part of this is the claim (fact?) that the deal was concluded long ago, yet Kaka was saying crap like he wants to stay, retire at Milan etc etc. THAT right there is blatant lying. No love lost, he was always inconsistent but I wish him the best and I believe with the right signings we could become a much better team than we were with him.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 13:16   #381

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
The thing is that a lot of people here are only making Kaka the liar, while Galli and Berlu betrayed the fans by agreeing to sell him.

Ofcourse Kaka can always say no, but it was three offers within 6 months, and what if Galli and Berlu told/demand him to leave the club.

The thing is that, I don't blame Kaka one bit for leaving and on top of that at least to me, Berlu and Galli really were pushing Kaka to leave.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 18:11   #382

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
The thing is that a lot of people here are only making Kaka the liar , while Galli and Berlu betrayed the fans by agreeing to sell him.

Ofcourse Kaka can always say no, but it was three offers within 6 months, and what if Galli and Berlu told/demand him to leave the club.

The thing is that, I don't blame Kaka one bit for leaving and on top of that at least to me, Berlu and Galli really were pushing Kaka to leave.
I doubt you can name a lot of people who think it was all Kaka's fault while B&G were angels. B&G weren't mentioned not that they are believed to be innocent - they are dirty as hell which is probably a fact, but Kaka was definitely no saint. that's the bottom line. Two can play the game. In a sense, B&G didn't push Kaka to Man City (they hoped so and probably could have done so) to do Kaka a huge favor, as they knew that Kaka was already as good as gone and Milan simply would lose more money by waiting for the inevitable (Real's offer).

Instead, you don't blame Kaka one bit for leaving - that's some naive thinking.

Also, I don't believe that Real's offer came EXACTLY after Fiorentina's match. Yeah right. Kaka is angelic. Yeah right.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 21:09   #383

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese Charlie View Post
When a club for various reasons continue to handle you offers from other clubs is telling you in polite to leave.
Meanwhile, Kaka never really bothered to keep it a secret either that he wanted to someday play for Madrid. It takes two to tango.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 23:34   #384

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Forget about him. I guess we all have moved on.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:36   #385

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
I doubt you can name a lot of people who think it was all Kaka's fault while B&G were angels. B&G weren't mentioned not that they are believed to be innocent - they are dirty as hell which is probably a fact, but Kaka was definitely no saint. that's the bottom line. Two can play the game. In a sense, B&G didn't push Kaka to Man City (they hoped so and probably could have done so) to do Kaka a huge favor, as they knew that Kaka was already as good as gone and Milan simply would lose more money by waiting for the inevitable (Real's offer).

Instead, you don't blame Kaka one bit for leaving - that's some naive thinking.

Also, I don't believe that Real's offer came EXACTLY after Fiorentina's match. Yeah right. Kaka is angelic. Yeah right.
I think nobody believe that Kaka's offer came after the match. I'm sure the structure of the deal was done much before between Galliani and Peres.
It was handed to his father after the match, and I believe the player because there is logic in it. I don't think Milan were so stupid to disturb Kaka while they were fighting for the 3dr place.

I don't know if Kaka was pushed or not to accept Man City deal, but the attempt was there and the intention to cash on him was also there.
What I am sure of is that Milan cannot force the player to accept.
The player can say "I don't want to move, want to stay here till the end of my contract," like Dida, but such decision comes also with conseguences.

Last edited by Maltese Charlie; 05-07-2009 at 01:44.
Maltese Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:45   #386

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
The thing is that, I am not saying Kaka is a saint.

He could have said no to Real, just like Man City.

The point is that Berlu kept saying yes to all offers for Kaka. As a player, what can you do. IT just shows that the club that you love clearly does not want you. If you are like Dida and Seedorf or even Emerson, who has no pride, then you will stay. But Kaka actually does have pride.

NOw I am not saying Kaka is the victim here, b/c I think only Milan fans and the Milan team are the victim, as everyone got what they wanted.
Berlu got the money.
Real and their fans got Kaka.
Kaka went to a TEAM that actually respect and want him.

I don't blame Kaka one bit on leaving Milan, and I don't blame Berlu for selling him.
What I don't like is the fact that Berlu simply does not care for Milan anymore, and he should have sell it to someone who cares.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:13   #387

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
What I don't like is the fact that Berlu simply does not care for Milan anymore, and he should have sell it to someone who cares.
Gabriel, I agree on many things with you but on this I think you are rushing with your conclusion. It is wiser to wait.

Every supporter is angry with the situation, but we are not seeing the whole and true picture.

Berlusconi became such a rich man because he can see things (opportunities) and act before others.

Sometimes a father have to take unpopular decisions for the best of his children.

In these time of crises who knows whose the best father, Is he Berlusconi, Peres or Abramovich ?

Personally I don't know the answers. ONLY TIME WILL TELL.
Maltese Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:53   #388

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure if selling you to Man City or Real is an indication that your team doesn't like you. I refuse to believe in such dichotomy.

It's like you can love a girl, but you don't need to be with her for the rest of your life.

But then again, let's not get into romance here; I'm no expert on it lol.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:32   #389

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I'm not sure if selling you to Man City or Real is an indication that your team doesn't like you. I refuse to believe in such dichotomy.

It's like you can love a girl, but you don't need to be with her for the rest of your life.

But then again, let's not get into romance here; I'm no expert on it lol.
Jef, first of all profesional football is business.

You can mix football with girls in a way but not with romance and love.



By selling you to an other club is not an indication that they don't like you but it is a proof that money are more needed than your service.
Maltese Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 13:07   #390

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese Charlie View Post
By selling you to an other club is not an indication that they don't like you but it is a proof that money are more needed than your service.
So you're insinuating that every player who's been sold is because of your reason above?

Quote:
Kaka went to a TEAM that actually respect and want him.
Don't be too sure. Perez is assembling a group of overpriced individuals, not a team. There's a difference.

Last edited by Blacktop; 05-07-2009 at 13:12.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.